solution sort of found

Well, I found a solution, if not the solution.

a three finger salute.  aka: rebooted the server.

Thanks

Best solution for sharing Outlook in a small office (7
Just installed Office Professional 2003 on 7 systems in our office. We need to share calendar and contact manager. Our network is a basic peer to peer system with all computers running Windows XP. We have a shared computer running Windows 2000 acting as a file server. Just read the specs for Microsoft Exchange Server and would really rather not have to install Windows 2003 Server as well as Exchange Server. Is there a simple solution ? I found a few products like ShareO http://shareo.4team.biz/?pcode=50621011129vvme listed at Slipstick http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm &...

Licensing meets rebranding meets tightly integrated solutions
Hello and good day. I wish to build a piece of software that could be considered 49% done already if I were to tightly integrate with parts of OneNote. A) Do I have to otherwise tell people somehow that it is built atop OneNote? B) Will I be required to install or license "One Note" to them? C) What is the licensing arrangement if any of this is allowed or capable of happening? Well, if your product requires OneNote then they'll have to own a OneNote license. However they obtain it (I.e. they already have it or they buy it separately) they'll have to ...

How to sort to sets of data so that corresponding numbers match
I am trying to reconcile to accounts. I need to sort both sets of data to each corresponding numbers. Need to be a bit more specific, and example data would help. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�------------------------------�---------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ------------------------------�------------------------------�---------------- "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57B6...

Sorting & Grouping ... Change column (field) Titles 03-17-08
I will have 8 different main groups in my report. I want to change the Text Box contents (Column Titles)as a function of the Grouping. Thus I want to have 8 different sets of column titles (consisting of approximately 12 columns) Recommendations on how to set this up please? Bob Are you suggesting the column titles will depend on a value in your grouping level? If so, I would create a column titles table with the "grouping" value and "approximately 12 columns"/fields to store the titles. You could then link this table into your report's record source and replace t...

Conditional formatting sort of?
Is there a formula that can be written to highlight / shade a row or column. I know that conditional formatting is one way to do it however, I am having difficulty writing a formula that works. On a spread sheet I have data in A11:S387, in column C is either a "Y" or "N", if for example C12 is "N" I would like to highlight / shade the entire all of row 12. Any help would be appreciated. Michelle select row by clicking on the row number 12. Select Format | Conditional Formatting... Change Condition 1 to "Formula is" and in the box enter: ...

Error 0x8004010F: An Object Could not be found.
Hello Folks, I see this strange error in Oulook while it tries to Send/Recieve, "Error 0x8004010F: An Object Could not be found." I have tried to Rebuild the Recipient Update Service(RUS,)Offline Address Book(OAB), Global Address List(GAL)and still the problem appears. BTW, RUS points to the correct Domain Controllers. Any ideas? Good day, Mohammed Athif Khaleel I Blog on http://msmvps.com/athif Hi Athif, What version of Exchange are you running? Have you recently deleted or un-installed the Exchange server responsible for generating the Offline Addres List: See here you may ...

IE8 connection issues needs a more permanent solution
I was going to ask a question about connection problems with IE8 but it seems a lot of other people have beaten me to it. Unlike most people, I am on dialup so I thought it was having issues because of that although I did not have the same problems with IE7. Now I see that connection type has nothing to do with it. Like everyone else, I am experiencing intermitent problems. Often reloading the page solves the problem. The diagnostics produces no helpful results. And so on. I have read the helpful advice being offered but I have a problem with that. Seems it is up to us to make a...

Sort order and seconday sort order
Hi I hope that someone can help? I have a table with two fields "Days since last contact" and diary date. I want to have a certain sort order whereby the records are sorted by diary date ascending if the diary date is < date()+1 and then by days since last contacted descending. However if the diary date is > date()+1 then I just want to sort by days since last contact Descending. The following is how I would like the data to appear DaysLastcontact DiaryDate 30.00 04/04/2007 7.00 04/04/2007 2.00 04/04/2007 30.00 05/04/2007 7.00 05/04/2007 2.00 05/04/2007 1.00 05/04/200...

Sorting List of Numbers
I am trying to sort account numbers that look something like this (but in a column, not a row): 18,19,20,30,100,102,105,110,111 To look like this 100,101,102,105,110,111,18,19,20,30 Basically based on the first digit, then second digit, etc instead of numerically. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Maybe you could use a helper column, some formulas and sort by that helper column. Say your data is A1:Axx Insert a new column B and use this formula: =A1&"" and drag down. Now sort your range by this helper column. But I'm not sure how you got 101 in that output!!...

Address Book Sort Order
How can i change the sort order of the address book in Outlook XP? Go to Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing directories or address books > Outlook Address Book > Change. > Set your sort order there -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "DLeslie" <dleslie@antiochnetwork.org> wrote in message news:02f101c3d614$a1031690$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How can i change the sort order of the address book in > Outlook XP? ...

Sort data with pictures in cells
There is already a post about this, but the advice didn't work for me. I need to sort some data with pictures in some of the cells. I have made sure the pictures can be "moved with cells", and the row height is enough to include the whole picture in the cell. But when I sort the data, the pictures remain static. I can sort pictures perfectly in this way using Excel 2003, but not 2007. Any other ideas? Thanks very much. 1) The sorting should work fine even with "2007" - as long as you keep the pictures outer frame(s) away from the cells border(s) so...

OL 2010: subfolders not sorting correctly
I'm not exactly sure what I did, but after I did "it," I found that one of my subfolders is sorted out of order. Even after I ran scanpst, the problem is still present: Here is a partial list of subfolders: Sales Process Search Folders Sent Items 2010 Status <- obviously out of order. Strategy Until "it" happened, the "2010 Status" folder was properly grouped with other folders whose name started with "2010." Now I can drag 2010 Status into another folder as a subfolder. Then if I MOVE the folder back to the main folder, 2010 Status sorts b...

Site to Site Vpn solution
ok so this should be simple but I cant find a solution. I have a client that has a branch office and I need to connect to there main office network. Main office has a sbs server and many other windows servers I would think that there would be a simple vpn device that I could put at each office and connect them and the networks would be one. can anyone please point me to a device that can do this. I might need to connect more that 1 device to the main office in the future. I have used a fortinet fortigate for this but it was crazy expensive and crazy hard to configure. ...

Can't ungroup so that I can sort, etc.
I've accidentally grouped something in Excel (XP) How can I know what I grouped so that I can ungroup it? Thanks. Lydia Hi simply click on one single tab name -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Lydia D wrote: > I've accidentally grouped something in Excel (XP) How can I know > what I grouped so that I can ungroup it? Thanks. Lydia ...

sorting(?) problem
Hi! I have problems generating a rutine that will automatically sort my sheet. The sheet is in this format (always 2 columns only the rows may vary) a 1 a 2 a 3 b 2 b 1 c 7 d 1 d 3 d 4 d 6 d 7 e 7 I want it to look like this: a b c d e 1 2 7 1 7 2 1 3 3 4 6 7 Anyone know what vba code to use to get this done? /Colargol Never mind. It's solved On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:48:09 +0100, Colargol <test@com.com> wrote: >Hi! > >I have problems generating a rutine that will automatically sort my >sheet. >The sheet is in this format (always 2 columns only the ro...

Need help with excel sorting/comparing funcations
HI all, the list I am working on consist of phone number, date, conversation start time, conversation end time. and there around 3476 records in one file and 2477 records in another... and they are not in the same format... so what I did was to sort out all the relative infomation in one file by its phone number, and did the same for the other one then I copy and pasted both lists in a new file.. and did the above comparesion.. nothing showed up or just gives me errors.. I am doing some analysis for our datebase records...... the sample I took out is only the small part.. the real f...

Form to search database and return found records
In my Windows XP Access 2003 database (with 4 tables) I need a 'search form' where I can enter values (corresponding to different tables) in the top half of the screen and have matching records returned in the bottom half of the screen. I have been able to create a form for the top half, and another one for the bottom half. I am able to enter filter criteria in the top successfully (i.e., debug.print returns the correct filter string). However, I do not know how to link the filter to the sub-form at the bottom. I have gone through similar posts/solutions, but am still having prob...

Sort question
I have a strange sort question. In column B there is information every 7 rows. Then you skip 1 row (Blank) Then there is the same information but with different dates in the next 7 rows and so on. Is it possible once there is information in All seven rows to delete that information and move everything thats below it up. Keeping everything together. Without cut, copy and pasting. I know some VB. Is there a good VB newsgroup that can help? Thanks in advance. On 3 d=E9c, 21:46, Richard <bobde...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have a strange sort question. In column B there is information every &...

Sorting ?
I am using Excel 2007 and would like to know how when I sort and when I click on the drop down menu; I get to choose from the say: column a, column b, etc. I have seen from other excel sites that when you go to choose the column to sort, I will see the titles for the columns. How is that done? Hi Charles, if you have a blank row between your titles and the information when sorting it will show Column A, B etc, delete that blank row and now you will have the titles of each column to choose from "Charles Eaves" wrote: > I am using Excel 2007 and would like to know how whe...

Sorting a column in a spreadsheet
What is the best way to sort a spreadsheet? My boss wanted filters set up, so I set up an autofilter for all columns. She also wanted to sort by one column, so I recorded a macro that sorted the column in ascending order and another macro to sort it into descending order. I thought there might be a better way to do it. Also, can I assign the macro to a button instead of a shortcut key? Thanks for the help!! Ken -- akkrug If you've setup your autofilters correctly, you can simply use the sorting capability listed within the filter. But yes, you could create a ...

Sort order on my styles is messed up ...
For some strange reason when I create a new paragraph style in Word 2007 my Header 1 and Header 2 styles are found in the style list after Normal. For example, if I create a new style called XXX and decide to base it upon Header 1, then when selecting Header 1 I see Header 3, Header 4 and Header 5 in the correct alphabetc order, but I have to scroll down below Normal to see Header 1 and Header 2. Suggestions? Thanks Robin In styles pane options, change the sort order to alphabetical. Pam Robin wrote: >For some strange reason when I create a new paragraph style in W...

Sorting blank rows in Excel
Hello, I have a worksheet that exists of the following: Student ID Last Name First Name 1234567 Doe John x x x x x The x's above indicate blank rows - this is set up for multiple students. When I do a sort, the blank rows are ignored - how can I include the blank rows for each student during a sort? Thanks Keith >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >I have a worksheet that exists of the following: > >Student ID Last Name First Name >1234567 Doe John >x >x >x >x >x > > >The x's ...

Screen clippings problem
Sorry to bring up an issue that has been considered in previous threads, but I am yet to find a solution to my problem anywhere, so I was wondering if anyone here knew of one. Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to respond. Basically, I can't take screen clippings when using OneNote. Using Windows+S or the insert menu allows me to highlight an area on the screen to clip, but once taken, the clipping that is placed in my unfiled notes section and on my clipboard contains ONLY the place holder plus the time stamp - there is no image. This problem remains if I move...

need solution for fractions of a penny
Well, I was on the phone with Microsoft yesterday. They told me CRM does not handle fractions of a penny and to let it do the rounding. I was informed that if I integrated CRM with Great Plains it would solve the problem. Problem: I have Microsoft Small Business Manager. Now last week I was taking to or VAR. For $95 and hour it would take one of their consultants 3 hours to change the settings in CRM and fix our dilemma. Some one is trying to pull a fast one on me. Anyone else have the same issue? Anyone fixed the issue? Please help while I still have hair. Thanks ...

How to sort info from separate worksheets on summary sheet
Hi, My workbook contains 15 worksheets. I track employee work hours an amount of money spent each payperiod by my spreadsheet for severa projects. The first worksheet is my summary worksheet which lists each employe by name and cumulative work hours from the additional worksheets. Th additional worksheets are specific work tasks and lists employees an work hours related to that task. Is there any way to click on an individual name in the Summar Worksheet and display that employees allocated hours for each workshee (task)? Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com H...