Solution! Send windows domain account expiring password reminder email to users #2

New tool available that sends a professional email password expiration
reminder notice to all Active Directory user accounts with an expiring
domain password.

Password Reminder PRO -
http://www.sysoptools.com/password-reminder-pro.html
Perfect for all change-password environments, supporting remote-only
OWA users, laptop users (RPC/HTTP) and Mac / Linux users.

Our Password Reminder PRO (PRP) application is brand new and is
available now for free signup / download. We're looking for seasoned IT
professionals to give it a spin and tell us what they think.

Password Reminder PRO monitors all AD user accounts in your domain and
is able to send up to three individual password expiry reminder emails
automatically to user accounts that are
(a) set with a password,
(b) password is set to expire, and
(c) are mail-enabled.
So you could alert your users at say, 15 days, then again at 3 days,
then last at 1 day.
If they have changed it after the 1st notice, they do not get further
reminder emails.

PRP looks through your user accounts in order of creation date, so when
you sign up for the beta make sure you grab a key with enough client
count to cover
all of your users. For example, if you have a 25 user license key and
200 users, you will only see the first 25 user accounts that were
created in AD as valid and licensed
for PRP.
Remember, PRP will only send a reminder to users as they approach the
password expiration date, based specifically on the amount of advance
notification days you set in the PRP console. PRP operates in tandem
and as an enhancement to your master domain password policy. It runs
automated and is 'set it and forget it' software.
The reminder emails are in customizable HTML format and easy to edit to
suit your internal needs- Or use 'out of the box' and it's ready to
rock. No coding or tweaking required and installation is easy.

We recommend using PRP for all AD users who have an expiring domain
domain password, which overcomes these pesky native AD limitations:
1. Users do not receive a password expiration notice through the NT UI
if they remain logged on to the workstation
2. Remote laptop users connected through 3rd-party VPN software do not
receive an NT UI password expiration notice
3. Remote laptop users connected to Exchange through internet and
Outlook's RPC/HTTP do not receive an NT UI password expiration notice
4. Remote OWA users may not see the 'password is expiring' notice when
logged in to OWA
5. Users who access Exchange company email or domain resources from a
Mac or Linux computer do not receive an NT UI password expiration
notice

Basically, it is a very good 'fail safe' reminder tool to have in
place for all expiring AD user accounts. You can also use the reporting

feature of the PRP admin console to view status of all your user
accounts and check for discrepancies. All data is exportable to Excel.

Thanks and Happy Holidays-
Kurt
SysOp Tools

0
hawaiiguy (2)

SRS Invoice Report
Hi all, Please help me i would like to pull a field Vat Number field from the Account record for the invoice. It doesnt pull through when i run a report, however if i put it in the contact record it is pulled. What am i doing wrong, here is my code. SELECT TOP (1) FilteredInvoice.name, FilteredInvoice.statecodename, FilteredInvoice.totalamount, FilteredInvoice.customeridname, FilteredInvoice.invoiceid, FilteredInvoice.shipto_city, FilteredInvoice.shipto_country, FilteredInvoice.shipto_fax, FilteredInvoice.shipto_freighttermscode, Filt...

How to recover if a user "Undoes" a record?
When the AfterUpdate event of my Status field is triggered, I update several other tables with dependent data. What happens if someone hits ESC twice to Undo the record? Is there some way I can know that this happened? Then I could roll back any updates. Btw, the Form_AfterUpdate event doesn't seem applicable since one of the things I do is set a DateCompleted field on the form itself. Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome. You could trap the keystrokes, but it might be a better idea to use the AfterUpdate event of the form itself to update the other tables. That event only ...

Crash on 'Send"

windows messenger 09-24-06
have a friend's contact card popping up at any time saying they want to be added to my list. this was done a long time ago but the message keeps coming up at various times when i'm on the computer. how can i stop this?> Shirley, this is a CRM newsgroup, you may get a better response if you post in XP General group http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness/community/newsgroups/dgbrowser/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general&lang=en&cr=US&r=c10a5834-ccef-4e84-9c45-1e43e21770ed "shirley" wrote: > have a friend's contact card popping up ...

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Recieve Mail Before Sending

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Microsoft POS #2

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

hyperlinking email addresses

Outlook 2003

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Unlocking a User
I have GP10 and a user entered a password wrong too many times. I am logged into GP and an under 'Admininstration' and do not see a way to unlock the user. Am I in the right place? Where do I need to go? Thanks, John John, Are you enforcing password policies for your users in GP? If so, go to Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools > Setup > System > User. Enter a temporary password for the user and check the Change Password Next Login box. Provide the user with the temporary password and the system will do the rest. Again, this is all assuming your are enforcing pas...

Reminders in Outlook

Exchange 2007 across account search

Pop Up Windows
Several sites pop up smaller windows with advertising. The opop up blocker does not stop these smaller ad windows. How do I stop them? -- Larry "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0B01C98-66BF-4FA5-8CED-0C434CCCFC62@microsoft.com... > Several sites pop up smaller windows with advertising. The opop up blocker > does not stop these smaller ad windows. How do I stop them? > -- > Larry You don't. They LOOK like a pop up to you, but the designer that wrote the page made them not conform to the rules that define the...

matching contents #2

Incoming email slow to come in