so many mails in our out queue with out source Address #2

Hi

Dear All,
   We use exchange 5.5 +sp4   in these days. There are so many mails in our
IMS-- outbound messages awaiting delivery with out  Originator  E-mail ID
and Originator E-mail ID is showing like this   <> . If these messages are
NDR then how to stop.

If any one know pls help me in this

Thanks
Shaikh

0
smahaboob (22)

I would check the open relay on your mail system.
<> may be spam and they may be using you to deliver it

0
anonymous (74722)
11/28/2003 12:49:17 PM
Shaikh,

Please refer to the following article.  It describes how to properly
configure the IMS to close your server to open relay.

324059 XFOR: How to Help Secure the Internet Mail Service and Clean Up After
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=324059

Craig

--
Craig Philbeck
a-cphil@online.microsoft.com

Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

"Shaikh" <smahaboob@dishnet.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Dear All,
>    We use exchange 5.5 +sp4   in these days. There are so many mails in
our
> IMS-- outbound messages awaiting delivery with out  Originator  E-mail ID
> and Originator E-mail ID is showing like this   <> . If these messages are
> NDR then how to stop.
>

> If any one know pls help me in this
>
> Thanks
> Shaikh

0
a-cphil (97)

RTV #2
Anyone have good information on deleting lines from an RTV and closing the line out so it does not continue to show up in RTV Entry/Update ...

Outlook 2002 won't open #2
In Windows XP Pro, Outlook 2002 takes as long as 10 minutes to open, then crashes if I attempt to move from Inbox to Sent items. Sometimes it just hangs and won't open at all. I've never enabled Instant Messaging. My .pst file is 1.56 gigs and I've run the inbox repair tool which reported no errors in the file. Any other suggestions? I'm desperate! Thank you so much for your response! I've run detect and repair numerous times. I regularly download and install all available updates. I understand there is a 1.82 recommended limit for the size of my .pst file...

CRM 1.2 Customization Import Cannot Find Webserver
When trying to import customizations into a new blank deployment of MSCRM 1.2, the list where you select the webserver to publish to is blank. I have manually tried to hit the add button, but the system just seems to hang there. I have let it run for over 3 hours without a result. The CRM application runs and works fine, webserver, exchange and sql are all the same Windows 2003 Server via VMWARE. -- Christopher Cognetta Principal Architect / Owner www.cognologysolutions.com the crm web server list in 1.2 was i think populated by a crmsecuritygroup entry under the computer accound in ...

2 Servers, OWA, SSL, works on one, warning message on another?
Hello, We're in the process of setting up OWA for some of our customers. I've installed SSL certificates on the server, and to test things out, I'm hitting OWA from the server locally. One one server (SBS 2003), everything works great. On the other server (also SBS2003), I get a message stating "This page contains both secure and non-secure items. Do you want to display the non-secure items?" If I say Ok, everything works properly, but I can't for the life of me figure out what's different between the two I've gone through the configs in IIS, and e...

upgrading from ver. 1.3 to ver.2
what issues can i expect when upgrading from 1.3 to 2. also, how do i fix them. hi Dexter, the upgrade is very simple and won't harm you, just backup the database first and then go to SO admin program and then connect to db then go to Database Menu and click on Upgrade it will be done without any problem. As far as I know the most of the tables structure has not change but some addition happen like item matrix and some look has change. Akber "dexter" wrote: > what issues can i expect when upgrading from 1.3 to 2. also, how do i fix them. Make sure you install the late...

Sent Folder #2
Missing sent folder. Where would it have gone? I do not see it in the list of folders. Is there an easy way to restore it? Start Outlook one time with the /resetfolders switch. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Togo asked: | Missing sent folder. | Where would it have gone? I do not see it in the list of | folders. Is there an easy way to restore it?...

How do I compare 2 text ranges and total?
I need a formula that will compare 2 separate text values and report based on specific conditions. Here is an example: B2:B120 (type) will have data entries of: RC RS N PC C2:C120 (pgm) will have data entries of: F T M E On my summary, I need to know how many pgms are of which type. Such as E has 2 PC, 1 RS, 1 RC, 0N. My summary is on another worksheet. On your summary sheet, create a list of your *unique* PGMs, say A2 to A5. List your *unique* TYPEs in Row1, from B1 to E1. In B2, enter this formula: =SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!$C$2:$C$120=$A2)*(Sheet1!$B$2:$B$120=B$1)) Now, copy this formula...

OWA Access #2
Keep getting this error when connecting to Outlook Web Access internally and externally... ....HTTP Error 405 - The HTTP verb used to access this page is not allowed. Internet Information Services (IIS) Anybody know how to correct it? You cannot even access OWA from the web server? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling OWA on the web server? Are the web server and the Exchange server 2 separate computers or are they the same box? Is this Exchange 5.5 SP-4 or 2K or even 2K3? Rob "Dexter Haskins" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b6201...

Error Message 0x800CCC78 #2
I am receiving error message 0x800CCC78 when I try to send emails from Outlook 2002. I made a mistake in my original post. I said I was receiving this error message from Outlook Express. It is Outlook 2002 not Outlook Express. Please let me know how to resolve this error so that I can begin sending emails again. I can receive emails, I just cannot send them Could you turn on diagnostic logging (see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q300479) and post the OPMLog.log file after you get this error? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "...

Migrate Exchange accounts for use on 2 servers
Hi, Here is my situation which I am very much hoping someone could assist me with as I cannot seem to find a way to resolve & time is running out. usercompany1.co.uk (50 Exchange 2003 sp2 users - London) (Win2003 AD) | VPN | usercompany2.co.uk (40 Exchange 2003 sp1 users - Glasgow) (Win2000 AD) We are rolling out Blackberry Enterprise software on usercompany1 site, but 20 users at usercompany2 site will need access to it also. The only way I can see this working is to add users from site2 into site1 AD & mail enable, then somehow forw...

How do I resize an e-mail newsletter?
I am trying to send out an e-mail newsletter, but when it comes through it is all crowded on the left hand side of the page. How do I resize it so that it fills the page? Emailed newsletters often fall short of our expectations for various reasons. We generally recommend newsletters be sent as a .pdf attachment to maintain the appearance that you've worked so hard at creating. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "ThreeLairds" <ThreeLairds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6111E18...

2 POS accessing 2 different databases- can it be done?
Can we have 2 registers in RMS accessing 2 different databases running on the same insatnce of MSDE? Thanks...Andrea yes. 1 per register. "Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0023C47B-D58E-4881-B08A-260454B35BC8@microsoft.com... > Can we have 2 registers in RMS accessing 2 different databases running on > the > same insatnce of MSDE? > > Thanks...Andrea You may have licensing isues however. I'm pretty sure you would have to have a dongle on each register in that scenario. "Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.mic...

How do you check your office e-mail when out of the office?
How do I check my e-mail when out of the office? more detail on your setup would be required to answer that. "Office e-mail question" <Office e-mail question@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33B202BC-03CF-4CBF-93DC-A27639BA06A9@microsoft.com... > How do I check my e-mail when out of the office? If your office uses an Exchange server, then ask the mail admin if they have enabled Outlook Web Access, which allows you to view the contents of your Exchange mailbox via a web browser. He or she may also be able to set you up with a VPN, if your company uses...

quotation mark
Hi I have seen (Outlook 2003) that some recived email shows with quotation mark like this one : "last name,first name" [first name.last name@domain.com] and someones without quotation mark, just : last name,first name [first name.last name@domain.com] Want to configure with quotation mark for my users. How do I config this in Exchange 2003? Jordan On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 17:57:52 +0100, Jordan wrote: >Hi > >I have seen (Outlook 2003) that some recived email shows with >quotation mark like this one : >"last name,first name" [first name.last name@domain.com...

Can't send to @bigfoot.com address from OE
I keep getting this message when i try to send to a bigfoot address from Outlook Express. Bigfoot does not appear to be blocked in my options. Any ideas/ The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e- mail address was 'Shirley.danvers@bigfoot.com'. Subject 'test from f to bigfoot', Account: 'pop.freeserve.net', Server: 'smtp.freeserve.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Administrative prohibition', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79 On 06 May...

Outlook 2003 IMAP SSL #2
I work at a university where we have users install Office 2003 from a network location. Using the Office Resource Kit, I am looking for a way to force Outlook to use IMAP SSL (using port 993) for all users. I don't see a way to do this through the ORK. I also can't think of a way to go in and automatically edit a registry key, because the key seems to be different for each machine. Here's an example of where the key (IMAP Use SSL) can reside (it's a different path on each computer, from what I can tell): HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-20713206-1263413069-421607344-3578\Software\Micros...

new e-mail
???????????,??????? ???? ? ? ?: ????@???? ????: whitehorse@myway.com ????: ????@???? ????????????? | ???? ...

custom views #2
In Outlook 2003 I have set up a custom view and would like all current folders and any new folders I create to automatically use that view by default. Is this possible? Thanks. Jeff ...

Upgrade database from V1.3 to V 2.0
How do I make an Upgrade of My Matrix Items Form V1.3 to V2.0 Thx. HELPPPPP??? the matrix upgrade is very unintelligent. we were able to script most of it, but it depends on how your matrix items are layed out. put some time aside for this project. "JA Lascurain" <JALascurain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42B93E0E-EBE9-412E-8CF5-DA090C5F2128@microsoft.com... > How do I make an Upgrade of My Matrix Items Form V1.3 to V2.0 > > Thx. HELPPPPP??? My Matrix items has only 1 dimension only Color when I upgrade my version 1.3 to v2.0 I can,t ge...

Visual Studio 7 project subfolders #2
I know this may not be the exact group to ask this in, but in VS6.0 I used to be able to create subfolders within a project to keep my classes divided up conveniently. I just got VS7, however, and i can't seem to find any way to create subfolders. I can create subfolders for an entire SOLUTION, but not within a project. Am I missing or forgetting something here? Thanks! Duy Lam ...

Outlook Replies #2
I have OL2003. When I reply I want the replies to use the same signature as when I compose. I have set this up in the Mail Format settings, but I think the replies have to be set up to be HTML. Where can I do this. The compose new message is fine as my signature is html so this works. Thanks Andy ...

Mount exchange publice folder store #2
When trying to mount the public folder store I received an error: The store could not be mounted because the Active Directory information was not replicated yet. You can either: -press Cancel and mount store later from its context menu or, -press Retry to let Exchange System Manager keep trying to mount store for you. **The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service could not find the specified object. ID no:c1041722 -I've tried articles: 312872,827283,and 8233017. ...

How do I set number of pages in every group of folding in booklet? #2
This is the first time I use Microsoft Publisher to publish my book. I made a booklet which consist of around 48 pages. However, it printed the whole pages pear and pear. Page 1 with page 48, page 2 with page 47, page 3 with page 46 and so on. I want to arrange the number of pages in group of folding. For instance in every 16 pages, so that page 1 with page 16, page 2 with 15, page 3 with 14 and so on in one group, then page 17 with page 32, page 18 with 31, .... I want the whole 48 pages in one publishing document, so that I get 3 group of folding. Each consist of 8 sheets of paper. H...

How change MS mailing list address? MS login fails to recognize old--or new--address
Without signing up for Microsoft's Passport, how do I get the company to change my email address on its mailing list? At the bottom of the email messages I get from MS, it has a link to subscription changes. When I get there and attempt to login, it does not recognize my email address/password combination. So I entered my old email address to which MS is still sending its list mail and requested that my password be sent to me. It does not recognize the address after I type in the several characters the window displays. If I type in my new email address, the same thing happens I'm ...

Auto moving mail to a Personal Folder
Hi, Is here a way to program a rule or something that I can use to move my email from the inbox to a personal folder that are X days old? in other words, not have to deal with the problem manually? Thanks! George. George D, Lake <NoSpam@Spam.com> wrote: > Is here a way to program a rule or something that I can use to > move my email from the inbox to a personal folder that are X days > old? in other words, not have to deal with the problem manually? Sure. Use AutoArcvhiving. -- Brian Tillman But can I tell it to use a personal folder that already is in use? &q...