SMTP Server #4

Hi,
I have installed Exchange Server 2003 SP2.
My smtp server is generated many messages notifications like this:
"Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, because the message
was forwarded more than the maximum allowed ... This could indicate a mail
loop. ..."

Anyone knows this "problem"? This never happen before... What can I check in
my server?

Thanks,

Elizabeth
0
Elizabeth (104)

Are these messages for local recipients?

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"Elizabeth" <Elizabeth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have installed Exchange Server 2003 SP2.
> My smtp server is generated many messages notifications like this:
> "Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, because the
> message
> was forwarded more than the maximum allowed ... This could indicate a mail
> loop. ..."
>
> Anyone knows this "problem"? This never happen before... What can I check
> in
> my server?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Elizabeth

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
8/22/2006 3:03:32 PM
Is there a pattern there in the recipients?

Do you allow auto-forwarding to the internet?

"Elizabeth" <Elizabeth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have installed Exchange Server 2003 SP2.
> My smtp server is generated many messages notifications like this:
> "Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, because the
> message
> was forwarded more than the maximum allowed ... This could indicate a mail
> loop. ..."
>
> Anyone knows this "problem"? This never happen before... What can I check
> in
> my server?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Elizabeth

0
missy5697 (66)
8/22/2006 4:05:15 PM
Yes

Thanks

"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" wrote:

> Are these messages for local recipients?
>
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> "Elizabeth" <Elizabeth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I have installed Exchange Server 2003 SP2.
> > My smtp server is generated many messages notifications like this:
> > "Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, because the
> > message
> > was forwarded more than the maximum allowed ... This could indicate a mail
> > loop. ..."
> >
> > Anyone knows this "problem"? This never happen before... What can I check
> > in
> > my server?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Elizabeth

0
Elizabeth (104)
8/22/2006 6:06:01 PM
No...

Thanks

"Missy Koslosky [MVP]" wrote:

> Is there a pattern there in the recipients?
>
> Do you allow auto-forwarding to the internet?
>
> "Elizabeth" <Elizabeth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I have installed Exchange Server 2003 SP2.
> > My smtp server is generated many messages notifications like this:
> > "Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, because the
> > message
> > was forwarded more than the maximum allowed ... This could indicate a mail
> > loop. ..."
> >
> > Anyone knows this "problem"? This never happen before... What can I check
> > in
> > my server?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Elizabeth

0
Elizabeth (104)
8/22/2006 6:06:01 PM
Well, something is causing a mail loop. I'd do some investigation to see if
there's an NDR filling up the postmaster's mailbox. Also check for rapidly
growing mailboxes - a loop should stop itself after 30 iterations (I believe
that's the number), but still, it's problematic.

> No...
>
> Thanks
>
> "Missy Koslosky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Is there a pattern there in the recipients?
>>
>> Do you allow auto-forwarding to the internet?
>>
>> "Elizabeth" <Elizabeth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> > I have installed Exchange Server 2003 SP2.
>> > My smtp server is generated many messages notifications like this:
>> > "Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, because the
>> > message
>> > was forwarded more than the maximum allowed ... This could indicate a
>> > mail
>> > loop. ..."
>> >
>> > Anyone knows this "problem"? This never happen before... What can I
>> > check
>> > in
>> > my server?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Elizabeth

0
missy5697 (66)
8/22/2006 10:31:44 PM
Ok.
Thanks for your attention....

"Missy Koslosky [MVP]" wrote:

> Well, something is causing a mail loop. I'd do some investigation to see if
> there's an NDR filling up the postmaster's mailbox. Also check for rapidly
> growing mailboxes - a loop should stop itself after 30 iterations (I believe
> that's the number), but still, it's problematic.
>
> "Elizabeth" <Elizabeth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > No...
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Missy Koslosky [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Is there a pattern there in the recipients?
> >>
> >> Do you allow auto-forwarding to the internet?
> >>
> >> "Elizabeth" <Elizabeth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Elizabeth (104)

Upgrading to 9.0 on Windows Server 2003 64bit Edition
We are upgrading from 7.0 to 9.0. We have new SQL Servers on which we will perform the upgrade and move into production once complete replacing our existing servers. These SQL Servers are running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition. When attempting to install either GP v7.0 or v7.5 the error message "The image file ...\CDSetup.exe is valid, but is for a machine type other than the current machine." is presented and the installation script will not initialize. Is it possible to install GP 7.0 or 7.5 on the 64bit version of Windows Server 2003 or must we install the 32 bit v...

Batch Recovery #4
All, One our great plain users get the following error in batch recovery when they check the batch and hit continue: "you have not marked any batches for posting?" I orginally thought it might be a privilage issue but it doesn't appear to be since others with the same privilages do not experiance the issue. Any help would be appriciated. Jamal Jamal, the problem is that the batch is not responding. I recommend you review knowledgebase article: 865968 as there are three possible solutions. Hope this helps, rc "Jamal" wrote: > All, > > One o...

Tracking Changes #4
Hi All, Just wondered if anyone could help me. I was going through the Track changes exercise, which is great to produce a report of who has change what and when etc. However I then found out that if I was to change my username in Tools>Options>General, in excel that track changes goes to pot and tracks the new username, so in effect I could disguise myself as someone else and change areas of the spreadsheet without successfully being tracked! Can this be stopped without using network administration rights to stop people going in and changing the username? Many Thanks Amanda ...

Selecting rows from various sheets #4
Cheers Fran -- sha ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1198 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26665 ...

Public Folder Migration #4
Adding a BE Exchange server to our topology. Have migrated all mailboxes to new BE server, and am trying to migrate public folders from what will be the FE server to the BE server. Using the PFMIGRATE script, here are the results: PFMIGRATE.WSF /S:SOURCESERVER /T:TARGETSERVER /A /N:ALL /SC Microsoft Exchange Public Folder Migration Tool Wed Jun 28 08:06:29 MDT 2006 Source Server: NAMESOURCE Version 6.5 (Build 7638.2: Service Pack 2) Target Server: NAMETARGET Version 6.5 (Build 7638.2: Service Pack 2) WMI Server: NAMETARGET Add Replica Mode in progress. Analysis of 1 folders with repl...

Exchange Server Backup
When using the Windows Backup utility on my 03 Exchange Clustered server, there is no 'Microsoft Exchange Server' option to check under the Backup tab (like the docs show...only My Computer, My Documents, and My Network Places). Any ideas why? I see no documentation saying I need to do soemthing to make it appear. Thx Is Exchange System Manager installed on the machine that you are trying to run the backup from? -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

CRM 4 new feature
Hi Is anyone know the new feature of CRM4? The CRM3 email feature is pool. -- Gordon A brief scan around google will tell you the publicly announced features of CRM V4. Those of us testing the product are under NDA so cannot publicly say anything. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "GordonLiq" <GordonLiq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5593E39-A2A3-4E81-B608-6889732ECA22@microsoft.com... > Hi > Is anyone know the new feature of CRM4? > The CRM3 email feature is pool. > -- > Gord...

Enterprise server with multiple organizations
Scenario: Organization has CRM 4.0 Enterprise version with three diffrent organizations. Goal: When CRM user goes to meeting with their client, they want "the big picture" of the customer data from all of three CRM environmets. Question: Is it possible to build report, that gathers data from multiple CRM organizations within one Enterprise server? If so, how many licenses/user is needed? If you are creating a report using SQL Reporting Services I can see no reason why you could not connect to the 3 database and get data from each. Not sure how you would know which records ar...

Re: Server address
When i set up my server account i put yahoo.com and i have Verizon for my internet provider. I can't send my resume from yahoo cause i get an error message. You can't access Yahoo POP3 accounts unless you have the Plus account. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Donna Lomagro" <purpletulips65@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ucQmttlvKHA.5812@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > When i set up my server account i put yahoo.com and i have Verizon for my > internet provider. I can't send my resume fr...

SOAP Server Application Faulted error 01-19-04
Hi, I get following error when creating a user in MS CRM 1.2 english: "SOAP Server Application Faulted error" with the Error Code 80005000 The CRM installation works fine. I used a Domain Admin Account for the MS CRM services. I assigned a license to the Admin user. When I try to add users from the AD using the User Manager in the Deployment Manager, I receive this error. It is also not possible to add users using the CRM interface. Can anybody help? Hi Ralf, can you give us the details of the SOAPException? This will likely tell you what's wrong. Mike "Ralf M"...

Duplicate emails on exchange server 5.5
Im using w2k server sp4, and exchange server 5.5 witn sp4 also Im suprised that some of the users are receiving duplicate emails local and internet and it is continously increasing and annoying to the user that they received the same kind of emails despite the fact that they read already. What seems to be the problem. Thank you very much in advance for your help. Manny >>receiving duplicate emails local and internet local and internet? Are they different messages? Is the user a member of a distribution list and are the messages sent to the DL and the user? Manny wrote: > Im...

Running Office 2004 with network homes on 10.4
Hi. Im really at the end of my tether with office now, for well over a year it seems as though no matter what I do office just behaves like a spoilt brat. Were talking 10-20 minute load times just to load an office app. It will sit there and first it say configuring microsoft office components. then through a host of other things until eventually as i said about 20 minutes later it will actually open. I've seen things about fonts before, but i can tell its not just (if at all) this. I have a reasonably fast network, so i cant see how it is network issues. All clients have networ...

Outlook 2003 Problem #4
Hi folks, since I have got Outlook 2003 running, I have got the following problem: I use tow write e-mails offline, and then connect to the internet, and send it all at once. This worked always fine with OE, the written mails I sent away offline were copied into the send folder, and were sent away straght after I connected to the internet. Now I observer the followinf with Outlook 2003: Outlook continues to try to send the e-mail permanently, even if I check the correct checkbox for not participating on send offline. I tried to switch off everything I found, to prevent Outlook to permanently...

Error message 0x800ccc13 #4
Does anyone know what error message #0x800ccc13 means. I get it when I hit the sned/receive button. I can send email through Outlook 2000 but I can't receive anything. The message says that a TCP/IP error occured while trying to send data to the serever. All of my server set up info appears correct. I appreciate any answers ...

GroupShield 4.5
Hi, Can anyone point me to an online 4.5 manual. My network administrator has suggested that attachments which are sent me and are being blocked by GS 4.5 is quite difficult to have a script/permissions written which will allow the attachments to get through. Thanks for any advice. Grant. Hi Grant, I've got the manuals on PDF... I'll e-mail them to you. From what I remember it's very much a case that you either block the file type for all users or you don't... Regards, Chris For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk >-----Original M...

Setting up an email server
I have an established 5.5 server and a I added a new domain to it. All the routing looks good, I have the new MX pointing to the domain of my external port on my firewall. And the new domain is added into Exchange. But when I try to send an email to a new recipent using the new domain name I recieve: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx does not like recipient. Remote host said: 550 Relaying is prohibited Giving up on xx.xxx.xxx.xxx. Any ideas? On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 18:57:41 -0700, "Need Help" <needhelp@address.com> wrote: >I have an established 5.5 server and a I added a new domain to it. &...

Barra de Publicidade que =?ISO-8859-1?Q?d=E1?= dinheiritos !!! #4
Se queres ganhar uns Euritos s� tens de instalar esta barra de publicidade, que podes at� minimizar ou fechar em caso de utilizar programas de ecr� completo. N�o incomoda nada, nem consome recursos. Apenas d� dinheiro, �ptima para quando deixas o comptdor a sacar a noite toda... Recebes o dinheiro na tua conta PayPal. http://www.eurobarre.com/index_fr.php?p=373093897695 100% seguro by CrashOverride If you want to earn money just by sitting in front of your PC, just install this Bar that shows some publicity now and then. 100% safe, no malicious ware. http://www.eurobarre.com...

Setting email so server will not save emails on server
I have two computers. ( Desktop & laptop) I seldom use the laptop but when I do use it and get my emails it brings up every email that I have already read and deleted from desktop. Is there a setting where I can set so the server will not keep the deleted emails? On both machines: Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Check: Leave a copy of messages on the server. On one machine only, (The desktop would be logical for you), check to Delete messages after X days to satisfy your allotted space you get from your server, and Remove from server when d...

lost contacts #4
Running Windows XP pro. Installed the 2003 upgrade to Outlook (previous version probably 2002, or maybe earlier). Client had hit the 2gb file limit. :-( We used the Office 2003 suite, but only selected Outlook (and PowerPoint) at this time. For some reason, the upgrade did NOT convert from the '02 file format to the '03 format, nor did the install ask if I wanted to convert, that would allow much larger file size. So, I created a new 'personal folders' folder and told it to use the '03 format. That gave me TWO 'Personal Folders' in Outlook. Then, I moved the...

Exchange Disaster Recovery #4
We are using Exchange 2003 with Veritas 9.0. Individual mailbox backup was taking way too long so now I'm just backing up the malibox store. I am aware that if I want to restore (1) users mailbox I would have to restore the whole store...can I resstore to a different mailbox store on the same Exchange server for disaster recovery or do I need another Exchange server? If I can, what are the procedures for doing so? Kind Regards, Ali On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 13:31:38 -0400, "obgyn" <obgyn@comunities.nospam.com> wrote: >We are using Exchange 2003 with Veritas 9.0. Ind...

CRM 4.0 Terminal Services support
I have read through the CRM 4.0 planning guide and the "what's new in CRM 4.0" partner guide, and see very little mention of Terminal Services support for the client Outlook 2003/2007 CRM Plugin. One example in the Planning Guide page 4-63 shows a "Terminal Server, Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook" in "Domain B - Forest Y". There also appears to be a discrepancy between these two guides in support for Windows 2000 SP4 - the what's new page 2-11 specifically says it is supported, and the planning guide page 3-29 specifically says it is not. Is t...

Outlook client bandwidth to remote exch5.5 server
We are using exchange 5.5 and are going to get some clinets access the server through our WAN links. They are going to use outllook 2000 and are going to access the exchange server like if it was local. We have a huge bandwidth pipe to our exchange server but I just want to how much bandwidth would for example 60 clients take if they were accessing exchange 5.5 through the WAN link at the same time. Or for example how much bandwidth would one outllook client take. If you need to know more parameters please let me know. On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:43:54 +0100, "gurvinder.nijjar" <...

Trying to create completely server side, document merge
I was given the task of designing a complete web based document prep system. In simplest terms (using a msword explanation) create a database of merge fields, and a library of templates. Allow the webuser to select the template, merge his DB record, and produce a formatted document that can be printed or downloaded. We need to do this without specialized software on the client, since it will be universally available to webusers. We considered using PDF, but the creation of the templates were painfully slow, and the datamerge had severe space limitations (the form could not adequately...

Blocking SMTP on primary mailbox?
Hello Exch 2k3 AD 2k3 mixed I am thinking about blocking SMTP on my primary mailbox server with the exception of our AD servers and MX gateway. I recently was approached by a developer who was having problems with an app smtp'ing directly to our primary mail server. Apparently they were trying SMTP servers at random :x So i would like to restrict SMTP traffic. I set a list of IP's in the connections area under system manager > server > protocol > smtp. Are there any major concerns with taking this action or is there a better way to do it? thanks e- I'd sugg...

Server settings for message addressee limit
How do you check/change the Exchange Server message addressee(To)limit? When sending messages to servaral recipients, some names are cut out. Thanks. ...