SMTP error codes

Our firm has recently installed an exchange server and we are contiually getting the following NDR'

There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's mail server. Please contact your system administrator
<EXCHANGE.xxxx.com #5.5.0 smtp;553-you are trying to use me

Does any one have any ideas to what this error message means?

Dominic
0
anonymous (74722)

It probably means that some other server is rejecting your relay attempts. What version of Exchange?

Dominic Applegate wrote:

> Our firm has recently installed an exchange server and we are contiually getting the following NDR's
>
> There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's mail server. Please contact your system administrator.
> <EXCHANGE.xxxx.com #5.5.0 smtp;553-you are trying to use me>
>
> Does any one have any ideas to what this error message means??
>
> Dominic

0
kpalagin1 (1216)
1/13/2004 2:08:52 PM
We are runnig exchange 2000
0
anonymous (74722)
1/13/2004 2:36:08 PM
See if your SPTM virtual server is configured to forward mail to one
host. If that is the case make sure that host agrees to relay for you.

Dominic Applegate wrote:

> We are runnig exchange 2000

0
kpalagin1 (1216)

code for conditional formats
Hello, I am seeing some wierd things. I am creating VBA code. where I make 1 pass. and add in a bunch of generic conditional formats. then I run a second pass and put in the business logic. So I modify the conditional formats that i created before. But it does not seem to really get updated. If i pause the code. and open the conditional formats dialog. then run the code. it seems to work fine. has anyone seen this bug? my modify code is like this: objFormatConditions.Modify xlExpression, Formula1:="=UPPER(" & strTempString & ") <> ""X"&quo...

Outlook 2003 -Error:Server Name cannot be found?Where is Sve Name
I'm unable to send an email out. I get: Send/Receive Error Task POP3. Receiving error. Server name cannot be found on Network. Where do I need to look to get the right Server name?? desilu611, you wrote on Sat, 4 Mar 2006 12:24:27 -0800: > I'm unable to send an email out. I get: Send/Receive Error Task POP3. > Receiving error. Server name cannot be found on Network. Where do I need to > look to get the right Server name?? You need to ask your provider what's the name of the server. Search on your provider's website; the most holds instructions how to cre...

Exchange won't start
I just uninstalled AVG anti-virus for Exchange from our Exchange 2000 Server. On rebooting, Exchange won't restart. Maybe I got what I deserved, but I now have a dead Exchange server and an unhappy bunch of workers! In the Event Log I get four consecitive messages about the "Exoledb Session Factory": Access denied attempting to launch a DCOM Server. The server is: {9DA0E103-86CE-11D1-8699-00C04FB98036} The user is SYSTEM/NT AUTHORITY, SID=S-1-5-18. .... and one message from Exchange: The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated with service-specific e...

formula error #5
Hi, can anybody help me please. I have a bounce of formulas in a shee that are showing #DIV/0!. I tried usin =IF(((J32)/(K12*1000))*12=iserror, "-", ((J32)/(K12*1000))*12), to hid them until the user inputs something to make them work. This is no working though, I dont thing iserror is the right syntax. Can anybod help. Thanks. Marco -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try =IF(OR(K12="",K12=0),"-",(J32/(K12*1000))*12) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi, can anybody help me please. I have a bounce of formulas in a > sh...

Error reporting in error log
Version: 2008 Email Client: pop I do not wish to see the error report every time my computer fails to connect to the internet. A small yellow triangle appears next process report at right bottom corner of entourage screen. When you click on it, an error log opens, showing all the failed attempts when connecting to server. How can I stop this reporting? i'm not interested in receiving it, ut would like to click on a lace myself if I suspect something wrong with my connection.\Thank you. On 3/26/10 11:18 AM, Theaho@officeformac.com wrote: > I do not wish to see the error repor...

Substitute user message for system error or warning
There are often times when I would like to issue my own error message in place of a system generated error message. A good example would be when a message appears that indicates a referential integrity violation or cascading delete warning. I would like to customize these error messages and warnings for my user. Is it possible to do this? Thanks, Gerry Goldberg On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 10:14:01 -0800, Goldar wrote: > There are often times when I would like to issue my own error message in > place of a system generated error message. A good example would be when a > m...

Embedding graphics in html emails, how to without coding path to graphic in, pls? #2
I have a really neat smiley programs that somehow "injects" animated gifs into an html email. So that's great when I'm at home and I want to embed pictures like animated smileys, etc. But at the office I have no such program and am not allowed to install one, of course. How can I do the same thing at the office _without_ having to tamper with the html file to begin with? Is there a way? Hope so, I'd like to be able to attach smileys, etc., without hardcoding them in. It would be too tough to type up the emails in html each time and adding path to gif, etc. Thank yo...

Error message using Data/Forms
When I try to use Data/Forms to add records to an existing table, I get an error message, "Cannot extend list or database." This worksheet is not protected, and I can easily add records without using the Form feature. This particular table has 1100 records, and this workbook is relative large at about 5MB; is there a limit using Forms? I created a small test table and the Form feature worked fine, but I still get the error message every time I try to add a new record to my "real" table. I've looked in all my Excel 2003 books, tried Microsoft Help, and seached th...

Outlook Error #7
U have outlook6 eveytime I try to go into I get an error saying:Msimn has caused an errir in DIRECTDB.DLL Msimn will close. What does this mean? And how can I fix this problem? Thank You This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.in...

Accessing Reports and Organisational Settings Error
I wonder if someone can shed any light on a very frustrating issue, We have an install of CRM that works happily until you try and access the reports section or try and change the Organisational settings. We are running the CRM server on Windows Server 2003 and SQL and Report Services are running on Seperate Windows 2003 server, I have read the article relating to Authentication and am satisfied we have done everything in that article. However we still recieve the following error: Server Error in '/' Application. --------------------------------------------------------------------...

Invalid certificate error message when replying to digitally signed messsage
I use OL2003 and digitally sign my outgoing mail. I have heard no complaints from users with OL2003 and we have verified this is only an issue on OL2007 (and maybe Vista). The email recipient responds to one of my digitally signed emails and gets the message "Invalid Certificate. Microsoft Office Outlook cannot sign or encrypt the message because your certificate is not valid". It then allows him to deselect "Add a digital signature to the message" in the Security Properties window. This recipient normally does not digitally sign his outgoing mail, but it appears t...

Outlook 2003 Security Template
I am trying to use the Outlook Security Template from the Office 2003 Resource Kit to amend the default security settings for all my clients on Exchange 2003 - I have created a public folder named "Outlook Security Settings", published the form in it and changed the Client Permissions to allow everyone read and myself write access to the folder. I then open the form normally from Outlook 2003 (New -> Choose Form -> Outlook Security Settings -> Outlook Security Form), but when I try to save my settings (or click on the Close button on the form), I get the following error: ...

error message #73
When opening certain mails in MS Outlook 2000 we are receiving the following error. "Can not open item. The instruction can not be completed because the service function does not support this instruction". I did translate the previuos message from dutch, so I am not 100% sure that the englishe message is the same. The dutch message is "kan het item niet openen. Kan de bewerking niet voltooien omdat de servicefunctie de bewerking niet ondersteunt". When having the prevouis message you can not open mail, resend. The only action is the remove it from your inbox fol...

Error when starting Outlook
Hi I am running a network with about 10 users on a LAN that connect to a mailserver abroad. All but 3 users have faultless access and experience no problems at all. On the 3 that crash as soon as outlook is opened i get the following error MSG: Outlook.exe - application error The instruction at "0x77fcbacc" references memory at "0xfffffff8" The memory could not be read. Sometimes the msg has "0x77fcc641" instead. i cannot find an answer on any site or newsgroup, please help! Pyro wrote: > Hi > > I am running a network with about 10 users on a LAN th...

How to avoid repeated code
Hi, funny subject, but here's the explanation. I'm using the same set of attributes for properties of different classes. Here's an excerpt of the code: ################################################ public class QSM_Algorythm������������ ��� {���// The following code is repeated in a different class. // all the types inherit QSM_Algorythm_Base ������� [XmlArrayItem(("Command"),� typeof(BCCommand))] ������� [XmlArrayItem(("Loop"),���� typeof(QSM_Loop))] ������� [XmlArrayItem(("If"),������ typeof(QSM_If))] ������� [XmlArrayI...

Error unprotecting worksheet
I am getting an error message when I try to use VBA code to unprotect a worksheet. The code is simple: Sheets("sheetname").Select ActiveSheet.Unprotect There is no password assigned. But I get an error: "Unprotect method of worksheet class failed." What am I doing wrong? Any ideas? I have no problem protecting a worksheet with VBA code (ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:="True"... etc...) Any help is greatly appreciated. Dan Try Sheets("Sheetname").Unprotect Regards, "Dan Winterton" <daniel.winterton@honeywell.com> wrote in m...

Linker error LNK2005
nafxcwd.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl operator delete(void *,int,char const *,int)" (??3@YAXPAXHPBDH@Z) already defined in KomodiaInfraLib.lib(OSManager.obj) nafxcwd.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl operator delete[](void *,int,char const *,int)" (??_V@YAXPAXHPBDH@Z) already defined in KomodiaInfraLib.lib(SocketThreadManager.obj) I have 3 different projects in my solution (VS.Net 2003). Two are static libraries, the third is an MFC dialog app. The KomodiaInfraLib above is one of the two static libraries, both part of a socket library I am ...

Cyrstal Reports error
Hi, we have installed MS CRM Version 1.0. Everything seems to work fine. But when I try to open an Crystal Report the following error occured: Error encountered by Crystal PageServer ----------------------------------------------------------- --------------------- The error message returned is: Error detected by database DLL. [On Cache/Page Server: SEBP003.pageserver] Any idea ? Thanks for help Dirk Are you still having this problem? "D. Riedel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00f901c3a869$f71de5b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > ...

XP smtp issues
I setup my XP box to run smtp thru IIS. Everything looks good and I have it setup to be very open for testing. however, I always get above error when tring to send. I could telnet into the localhost port 25. Outlook express can Not send however. Outlook express and the smtp service are on same machine. any clues? Im ready to dump MS smtp and get an opensource smtp service installed. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: '127.0.0.1', Ser...

Error message 0x800cccoe Port 25 socket error 10060
I have Windows 7 home premium. Windows live mail receives messages but I am unable to send them. The error message also states that Windows live mail cannot connect with the Comcast server. I am able to send and receive through Comcast Smartzone, but not with live mail. I want to be able to have live mail connect with the Comcast server. Thanks for any help, tubbman. Change the SMTP port to 587 and make sure: My Server Requires Authentication is checked. How do I set up/configure Outlook Express & Windows Mail for Comcast email? http://www.comcast.com/customers/faq/FaqDe...

Badmail Directory GROWS and GROWS as soon as SMTP is turn on.
I have turn off port 25 at the router, gone thru the steps to disable Exchange 2000 from acting as a relay and scanned for viruses and Trojans on the server. However I still have the problem. That the Badmail Directory grows at an astonishing rate as soon as the SMTP service is turned on. All the software is on one box, Exchange, IIS, SMTP and DNS. I have installed the all NT 2000 and exchange service packs. Does anyone have any further ideas? Yury "ylafont" <ylafont2@positronik.net> wrote: >I have turn off port 25 at the router, gone thru the steps to disabl...

After Update Errors in 2002 after installing 2007
I recently installed Access 2007 on my system. I am also running Access 2002. Almost without exception now, when I try to run any code in 2002, such as an After Update Event Procedure on a ComboBox, I get an error message. Even simple code like this: Private Sub cboPerson_AfterUpdate() Me.List2.Requery End Sub DOES NOT run. I get this message: The expression After Update you entered as the property setting produced the following error: Object or class does not support set of events. The expression may not result in the name of the macro, the name of the user-def...

Macro Copy Excel Chart Sheet to PowePoint
Jon Peltier wrote a great macro to copy an Excel Chart on a worksheet (not a chart sheet) to an open PowerPoint presentation. I had need of a slightly different version and modified the code to the state below to a) work with a Chart sheet and b) preserve the size of the title font on the recopy. My issue is that my original chart sheet is driven via a combo box. I choose an item in the combo box (e.g. "Asia" or "Europe") and the chart automatically redisplays with that data. My chart title also changes dynamically depending on the combo box choice, i.e, the chart...

Error Message In Visul Basic
When I open or close my Excel (Office 2000) I get this error message "Microsoft Visual Basic: Compile error in hidden module TBRun9." I'm NOT computer smart or into it's language, so I really want to know how to correct it so it stops coming up. This program was on Windows 98 and now on XP. Do I need to download from Microsoft something? If so what? How would I find it? Thanks for any help. Microsoft has this Knowledge Base article detailing how to deal with this problem. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2Fservicedesks%2Fbin%2Fkbsearch.asp%3FArticl...

error 0x8000ccc0e when sending & receiving e-mail
I am unable to send/receive messages in Outlook 2000. The error number is 0x8000ccc0e. The message says that it is unable to connect to the server (POP3). I have checked the all the server ports which are either 80 and 110 or 25 and 110. Please help me figure of the issue. -- thank you, megan http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302339&sd=RMVP -- Peter Please reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others. "levymegan" <levymegan@dicussion.com> wrote in message news:76172BE6-0B1A-4C24-A0F8-C09B68E8D6AB@microsoft.com... >I am unable to send/receive messages in Outl...