SMTP Error 452 4.3.1 Out of memory in Exchange Server 2000

After a successful Disaster Recovery of a Exchange 2000 Server (which is a
Windows Domain Controller) - I installed Win 2000 Server + SP4, Exchange
2000 + SP3 and the Exchange Backup I get this strange error when I try to
TELNET servername 25 and send the MAIL FROM:myself@mydomain.com

452 4.3.1 Out of memory

The SMTP Service throws this error, but I can't find any hint in the event
log. There is plenty of space on all disks and the permissions on "vsi 1"
folders are also correct.

Maybe an important hint: Prior to do the test, I installed the Trendmicro
Client Server Messaging Suite for Exchange. After the "out of memory" error,
I uninstalled it.

Another possible cause: after installation I haat to use ADSI Edit in order
to change the Exchange Organization name, which I misstyped. (Exchange
itself works - I can connect via Outlook to the mailboxes).

Thanks in advance for any hint.
Stefan

0
splattne (3)

What is the file system of the disk on which the SMTP queue is stored? MS
have identified a problem with the FAT file system. Convert to NTFS if this
is the case.

Nue
"Stefan P." <splattne@NO-yahoo-SPAM.com> wrote in message
> After a successful Disaster Recovery of a Exchange 2000 Server (which is a
> Windows Domain Controller) - I installed Win 2000 Server + SP4, Exchange
> 2000 + SP3 and the Exchange Backup I get this strange error when I try to
> TELNET servername 25 and send the MAIL FROM:myself@mydomain.com
>
> 452 4.3.1 Out of memory
>
> The SMTP Service throws this error, but I can't find any hint in the event
> log. There is plenty of space on all disks and the permissions on "vsi 1"
> folders are also correct.
>
> Maybe an important hint: Prior to do the test, I installed the Trendmicro
> Client Server Messaging Suite for Exchange. After the "out of memory"
> error,
> I uninstalled it.
>
> Another possible cause: after installation I haat to use ADSI Edit in
> order
> to change the Exchange Organization name, which I misstyped. (Exchange
> itself works - I can connect via Outlook to the mailboxes).
>
> Thanks in advance for any hint.
> Stefan

0
imaneophyte (3004)
5/24/2006 1:11:32 PM
On Wed, 24 May 2006 13:09:46 +0200, "Stefan P."
<splattne@NO-yahoo-SPAM.com> wrote:

>After a successful Disaster Recovery of a Exchange 2000 Server (which is a
>Windows Domain Controller) - I installed Win 2000 Server + SP4, Exchange
>2000 + SP3 and the Exchange Backup I get this strange error when I try to
>TELNET servername 25 and send the MAIL FROM:myself@mydomain.com
>
>452 4.3.1 Out of memory
>
>The SMTP Service throws this error, but I can't find any hint in the event
>log. There is plenty of space on all disks and the permissions on "vsi 1"
>folders are also correct.
>
>Maybe an important hint: Prior to do the test, I installed the Trendmicro
>Client Server Messaging Suite for Exchange. After the "out of memory" error,
>I uninstalled it.
>
>Another possible cause: after installation I haat to use ADSI Edit in order
>to change the Exchange Organization name, which I misstyped. (Exchange
>itself works - I can connect via Outlook to the mailboxes).
>
>Thanks in advance for any hint.
>Stefan

Run ExBpa against the server. There may be other things wrong as well.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=dbab201f-4bee-4943-ac22-e2ddbd258df3&DisplayLang=en

0
adavid (8731)
5/24/2006 1:48:20 PM
Nuevo,

Thanks, but the drive is already NTFS formatted.

"Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message
> What is the file system of the disk on which the SMTP queue is stored? MS
> have identified a problem with the FAT file system. Convert to NTFS if
> this is the case.
>
> Nue
> "Stefan P." <splattne@NO-yahoo-SPAM.com> wrote in message
>> After a successful Disaster Recovery of a Exchange 2000 Server (which is
>> Windows Domain Controller) - I installed Win 2000 Server + SP4, Exchange
>> 2000 + SP3 and the Exchange Backup I get this strange error when I try to
>> TELNET servername 25 and send the MAIL FROM:myself@mydomain.com
>>
>> 452 4.3.1 Out of memory
>>
>> The SMTP Service throws this error, but I can't find any hint in the
>> event
>> log. There is plenty of space on all disks and the permissions on "vsi 1"
>> folders are also correct.
>>
>> Maybe an important hint: Prior to do the test, I installed the Trendmicro
>> Client Server Messaging Suite for Exchange. After the "out of memory"
>> error,
>> I uninstalled it.
>>
>> Another possible cause: after installation I haat to use ADSI Edit in
>> order
>> to change the Exchange Organization name, which I misstyped. (Exchange
>> itself works - I can connect via Outlook to the mailboxes).
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any hint.
>> Stefan

0
splattne (3)
5/24/2006 2:13:12 PM
On Wed, 24 May 2006 16:13:12 +0200, "Stefan P."
<splattne@NO-yahoo-SPAM.com> wrote:

>Nuevo,
>
>Thanks, but the drive is already NTFS formatted.

Yep. If it were FAT, you wouldnt be able to apply permissions to the
folders!

>"Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> What is the file system of the disk on which the SMTP queue is stored? MS
>> have identified a problem with the FAT file system. Convert to NTFS if
>> this is the case.
>>
>> Nue
>> "Stefan P." <splattne@NO-yahoo-SPAM.com> wrote in message
>>> After a successful Disaster Recovery of a Exchange 2000 Server (which is
>>> Windows Domain Controller) - I installed Win 2000 Server + SP4, Exchange
>>> 2000 + SP3 and the Exchange Backup I get this strange error when I try to
>>> TELNET servername 25 and send the MAIL FROM:myself@mydomain.com
>>>
>>> 452 4.3.1 Out of memory
>>>
>>> The SMTP Service throws this error, but I can't find any hint in the
>>> event
>>> log. There is plenty of space on all disks and the permissions on "vsi 1"
>>> folders are also correct.
>>>
>>> Maybe an important hint: Prior to do the test, I installed the Trendmicro
>>> Client Server Messaging Suite for Exchange. After the "out of memory"
>>> error,
>>> I uninstalled it.
>>>
>>> Another possible cause: after installation I haat to use ADSI Edit in
>>> order
>>> to change the Exchange Organization name, which I misstyped. (Exchange
>>> itself works - I can connect via Outlook to the mailboxes).
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for any hint.
>>> Stefan

0
adavid (8731)
5/24/2006 2:18:26 PM
Andy,

thanks for your answer. I installed the tool, but it discovered only some
common issues. I corrected them, rebooted the server, but the SMTP service
continues to throw that nasty "452 Out of memory" error.

Stefan

"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:juo872pob6pf0ka29pjvs1r73lbb82i009@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 24 May 2006 13:09:46 +0200, "Stefan P."
> <splattne@NO-yahoo-SPAM.com> wrote:
>
>>After a successful Disaster Recovery of a Exchange 2000 Server (which is a
>>Windows Domain Controller) - I installed Win 2000 Server + SP4, Exchange
>>2000 + SP3 and the Exchange Backup I get this strange error when I try to
>>TELNET servername 25 and send the MAIL FROM:myself@mydomain.com
>>
>>452 4.3.1 Out of memory
>>
>>The SMTP Service throws this error, but I can't find any hint in the event
>>log. There is plenty of space on all disks and the permissions on "vsi 1"
>>folders are also correct.
>>
>>Maybe an important hint: Prior to do the test, I installed the Trendmicro
>>Client Server Messaging Suite for Exchange. After the "out of memory"
>>error,
>>I uninstalled it.
>>
>>Another possible cause: after installation I haat to use ADSI Edit in
>>order
>>to change the Exchange Organization name, which I misstyped. (Exchange
>>itself works - I can connect via Outlook to the mailboxes).
>>
>>Thanks in advance for any hint.
>>Stefan
>>

> Run ExBpa against the server. There may be other things wrong as well.
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=dbab201f-4bee-4943-ac22-e2ddbd258df3&DisplayLang=en

0
splattne (3)
5/24/2006 3:48:32 PM
On Wed, 24 May 2006 17:48:32 +0200, "Stefan P."
<splattne@NO-yahoo-SPAM.com> wrote:

>Andy,
>
>thanks for your answer. I installed the tool, but it discovered only some
>common issues. I corrected them, rebooted the server, but the SMTP service
>continues to throw that nasty "452 Out of memory" error.

I wonder with all renaming and such if something got messed up in AD
or in the defined directories.
Do they defined paths for the all the queues in the properties of the
VS point to valid locations? You may want to also grab medaedit and
verify the directories match as well.

Any chance of a clean rebuild?

>Stefan
>

>"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> schrieb im
>Newsbeitrag news:juo872pob6pf0ka29pjvs1r73lbb82i009@4ax.com...
>> On Wed, 24 May 2006 13:09:46 +0200, "Stefan P."
>> <splattne@NO-yahoo-SPAM.com> wrote:
>>
>>>After a successful Disaster Recovery of a Exchange 2000 Server (which is a
>>>Windows Domain Controller) - I installed Win 2000 Server + SP4, Exchange
>>>2000 + SP3 and the Exchange Backup I get this strange error when I try to
>>>TELNET servername 25 and send the MAIL FROM:myself@mydomain.com
>>>
>>>452 4.3.1 Out of memory
>>>
>>>The SMTP Service throws this error, but I can't find any hint in the event
>>>log. There is plenty of space on all disks and the permissions on "vsi 1"
>>>folders are also correct.
>>>
>>>Maybe an important hint: Prior to do the test, I installed the Trendmicro
>>>Client Server Messaging Suite for Exchange. After the "out of memory"
>>>error,
>>>I uninstalled it.
>>>
>>>Another possible cause: after installation I haat to use ADSI Edit in
>>>order
>>>to change the Exchange Organization name, which I misstyped. (Exchange
>>>itself works - I can connect via Outlook to the mailboxes).
>>>
>>>Thanks in advance for any hint.
>>>Stefan
>>>

>> Run ExBpa against the server. There may be other things wrong as well.
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=dbab201f-4bee-4943-ac22-e2ddbd258df3&DisplayLang=en

0
adavid (8731)

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

Looking for XPathReader 1.1
Where is XPathReader 1.1 available for download? I have 1.0 and found the 2005 MS announcement for 1.1 but the link was for godotnet which no longer exists. Nothing shows up in a search at the MS download center or Google. Bill ...

Crash on 'Send"

pop3 #3
My outlook express hasnt been working since I got my new Dell computer. It says that the "POP3" isnt connected so i cant receive or send e-mail!!! HELP!! How do i fix this problem? I've tried calling Dell and Microsoft and have waited hours on the phone and have not gotten any assistance! Who is your ISP/mail host? Seems like you might want to contact them for support. I presume you can get to the Internet just fine.... rose wrote: > My outlook express hasnt been working since I got my new > Dell computer. It says that the "POP3" isnt connected so > i ca...

SMTP Connectors #4
Hi, I have a problem with two Front-End servers in NLB. I have two connectors with address space *, one connector with cost 10 the other with cost 20 for connector availability purposes. Inbound mails are targeted to FrontEnd1, outbound mails should go from FrontEnd2 (e.g. MX for FrontEnd1 cost is 10; MX cost for FrontEnd2 is 20) Connectors: FrontEnd1 - Address space * - cost 10 - bridgehead srv = FrontEnd1; FrontEnd2 - Address space * - cost 20 - bridgehead srv = FrontEnd2 The problem: If both servers are up and running and somehow some mail ends in queue on FrontEnd2 it correctly crea...

Exchange update problem

Exchange 2k3 imap VS startup

Addressing within Exchange 2003

How to restore entire server?