SMTP domain name

Hello. I am running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on a windows 2000
machine and a windows 2000 native domain. Problem I am
having is complaints from people regarding the smtp domain
name. Our Public domain name and our AD domain name are
different. Helo response from the server returns the AD
domain name and not the public domain name. This is
causing messages to be rejected by some SPAM filters. Has
anybody had this problem? Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

Yes I have battled long and hard with this problem.  First thing to check is
Exchange System Manager, "Default SMTP Virtual Server" look in advanced
properties of the Delivery, for the field "Fully qualified domain name".
Give that a look/change.

Josh

"Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello. I am running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on a windows 2000
> machine and a windows 2000 native domain. Problem I am
> having is complaints from people regarding the smtp domain
> name. Our Public domain name and our AD domain name are
> different. Helo response from the server returns the AD
> domain name and not the public domain name. This is
> causing messages to be rejected by some SPAM filters. Has
> anybody had this problem? Thanks

0
jstraub (5)
2/13/2004 8:44:10 PM
Will try it Josh. I am glad someone else has seen the
problem..Dave

0
anonymous (74722)
2/13/2004 9:17:48 PM
Josh I am on Exchange 5.5 don't see a Default Virtual SMTP
server??
Dave

I only have experience in Exchange 2000, sorry :(  I would check the MS
Knowledge Base for Product "Exchange Server 5.5" and use keywords "smtp
server domain name".

Josh

"Dave" <isabella_d@sunybroome.edu> wrote in message
> Josh I am on Exchange 5.5 don't see a Default Virtual SMTP
> server??
> Dave

0
jstraub (5)
2/13/2004 11:14:24 PM
Josh,

Found solution. You must change the primary DNS suffix to
the public domain name on a Windows 20000 server. Go to
system applet..network ID..properties...more..set primary
DNS suffix to public domain name. Yes it will require a
reboot. Seems to have no ill effect on the machine or
services.

Dave

Exch 2000 freezes after recieving 8000 smtp mails
Hi, Environment Win2000 sp4 Xeon 1,8GHz, 2GB RAM Exchange 2000 Antigen 8.0 for Exchange Problem description. The server is very slow after receiving 8000 smtp mail in a short period of time. We use the exchange server to send bulk mail to our customers. About 25 % of the mail addresses are fake (nobody@hotmail.com). The bulk mails are generated from a unix-system. The exchange server receives the smtp-mails fast and with no errors. First the users complained about internal mail not working. Cpu about 0-5 % Disk activity not checked at this time The queues for Default smt...

SMTP Connector #12
Hi, I have an exchange 2003 (standard) server that hosts multiple domains. 5 of those domains are not authorative, and I have set up SMPT connectors that relay any mail that is not claimed by my server to another exchange server (that I have no control over). The first three of these connectors work perfectly, the last two I created always give me the following error You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <tkw2dc1.mth.co.nz #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for joe@domain,com> tkw2dc1 is my server. All the d...

Is there a way to delete names off the autofill option?
Outlook 2002/2003 * When Outlook suggest a name, use the arrow keys to highlight and then press the delete key. Outlook 98/2000 * http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=242074 "SSB" <SSB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D177F85-6600-436F-A8DA-C56003332863@microsoft.com... > Thank you so much. I've been wondering about this operation since I began using Outlook at work. SSB "neo [mvp outlook]" wrote: > Outlook 2002/2003 > * When Outlook suggest a name, use the arrow keys to highlight and then > press the delete key. > &...

Full Name
Hello, I am trying to create a new entity in CRM 3.0 which will be similiar to contacts with more specific information. I noticed that on Contacts the primary attribute is 'Full Name' which is not displayed on the form. I am guess that it concatenates the First and Last Name on some type of event handler or something but I can not find it. I basically want the same thing where I do not have Full Name on my entity form but a First and Last Name field which will be there own fields as well as the primary field like the method it uses in the Contact entity. Can anybody help me? Garr...

Is it possible to use a vlookup looking up peoples names
I would like to lookup a list of names but i have to have a set o consecutive numbers before it. Is it possible to lookup names that ar not consecutiv -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you set the last argument of the function to be an "exact" match, the lookup column does *not* have to be in order. =Vlookup(value to find,array or list of data,column to return,exact match or not) Exact Match = False OR Zero (0) -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! =======================...

5.5.0 smtp;550 Denied by policy
I have a server running win2003 and exchange 2003. When sending to one email address the following bouncback message is received, "There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <ascrs_2k.ascrs.local #5.5.0 smtp;550 Denied by policy.> " The server sending the message is our exchange server. I am not sure where a policy was set that could be denying this from being sent out. Any help would be appreciated. Jeff_S <Jeff_S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a server running win2003 a...

question on sorting by last name
I have a spreadsheet that has over 5,000 rows and somehow the sort order was removed I need it to sort by column f which is Month/Year and then by column A which is labeled Member Name. The member name column has first and last name and has always been sorted by last name, but for some reason now is sorted by month/year correctly, but by first name instead of last name. How can I make this change and also add the blank lines back between the Month/years going down the spreadsheet. there were also always blank lines splitting up for instance May-03 from June-03 ect. and now all the bl...

SMTP QUEUE #7
Good afternoon, I am having problems with deleting all the mail from my smtp queue. i see where i have two queue folders under \exchsrvr\mailroot\vs1 and vs2. i deleted all emails from these queue folders but every time i restart my smtp service, my system is real slow- i know that someone connected to our exchange server for mail relaying and have made changes to our pix firewall to prevent this again. however, why is it that i have nothing in my queue but when i start the smtp service, the system slows to a crawl. is it by chance that messages are still in the information store- wait...

Domain Issues-HELP!
We are trying to configure our beta exchange 2003 system to allow users to login using a different @domain name. Here is what I'm talking about. We are in an NT domain TEXAS and we've setup Exchange 2003 on a separate Root/child domain. Root is ANIMAL and child domain is DOG. When we log into Outlook 2003 from the TEXAS domain we enter USERID@DOG.ANIMAL.COM. ****** We want to login as USERID@TEXAS.COM. We have already setup policies to create default smtp addresses (USERID@TEXAS.COM) for all users. We just need to figure out what is need to allow us to login with USER...

Removing old smtp server
I had a front end relay server running Windows 2003 server, Exchange Server 2003, and GFI Mail Essentials. The server was having some problems so i setup another to take it's place. I did not follow any normal procedure for removing an Exchange server. I have since formatted the server. Can someone tell me the best practice at this point for removing the server from AD etc.? thanks, -- James Dear James, Open exchange system manager from any other exchange server, right click the server you have formatted and click remove server. It will remove the necessary entries from AD. Reg...

in excel how to get initial from name
Hi, I want Initials of name in excel. Like in A1, I have 1) Lloyd L. Summers 2) Lloyd L Summers I want L.L.S. in B1. Can I do that. Is there any formula? if yes Then pls tell me. One way is to install & use the UDF FrstLtrs below by Ron Rosenfeld (slightly adapted) .. (UDF = user defined function) To install the UDF: Press Alt+F11 to go to VBE Copy n paste the UDF into the code window (whitespace on right) Press Alt+Q to get back to Excel In Excel, Assuming your data in A1 down, put in B1: =frstltrs(A1) copy down to extract the desired results '-------- Function FrstLtrs(str ...

SMTP Virtual Server
We're making the switch from Exchange 5.5 to 2003 as many are, and we're trying to mimic our 5.5 IMS restrictions on 2003. What we had was to allow only from hosts usin authentication, then specified by host in the old IMS which IPs were alowed to send through the IMS. This allowed us to track which servers were using smtp and to keep out unwanted spam and virus type worms etc. With 2003 there is a connection and a relay tab. we have "Only the list below" on the connection tab, and duplicated the list from our 5.5 IMS settings. However, theis did not allow mail to flo...

sharing public folders with 2 seperate domains on same network
i have 2 domains, company a and company b. they are on the same network, but different domains. company a and b have exchange. Both companies use windows trust for data. Is there a way where company a can access company b's public folders through a trust? i take it that the trust is NT4 style, not a forest relationship? That being true you could give OWA access or secondary mailboxes that would require a logon in outlook. Either way you'd have to setup accounts on the domain that hosts exchange. "Matt" wrote: > i have 2 domains, company a and company b. they a...

Exported Account Names
When I export to excel, the account names of transfers are listed as: Transfer from: XYZ Checking Transfer to: XYZ Checking This screws up my ability to sort by account name in excel--and while I can write a function to cut those off, I shouldn't have to do that. The account name is not "Transfer to" or "Transfer from". Obviously, if the source account is a bank account and the other account is another asset or liability account, it is a transfer. Please take the words out of the exported data. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Micr...

Address Name on Contact and Account Entities
WHat is the purpose of this field on both of the entities? I can't come up with a good reason why it was deployed the way it is. Thanks Chris you might want to call one addres the contact's "Vacation" address or their "Home" or "Cottage" pretty weak, but that the best example I can come up with! Dave Ireland. "Chris Treanor" <ChrisTreanor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:351A37EA-3F21-413E-AF28-2862F74F15B7@microsoft.com... > WHat is the purpose of this field on both of the entities? I can't come up > wi...

Changing Domain Name through Internet Address Management Wizard
Hi Guys I know its weekend. but i need to post for peace of mind. I have a client using SBS 2008 STD.He isusing remote.mydomain.com address through Internet address management wizard. Now he wants to change to remote.mynewdomain.com as old domain is too long. Is there any way so we can change through IAMW. run the wiz, job done. "Atul Sood" <atulsood@live.com> wrote in message news:uVlbmkd3KHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi Guys > > I know its weekend. but i need to post for peace of mind. I have a client > using SBS 2008 STD.He isusing rem...

View Used SMTP Addresses?
Does anyone know of any easy way, in either Exchange 2000 or 2003, to view a list of all used SMTP addresses as well who the owner of that address is? Any ideas or help would be appreciated. Thanks! You could perform an LDIFDE export OR you might be able to use the DSQuery command. "Terry Cook" <tcook@goinet.com> wrote in message news:A7B9680A-C016-4EE6-A385-075F1D83ECD6@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know of any easy way, in either Exchange 2000 or 2003, to view a list of all used SMTP addresses as well who the owner of that address is? Any ideas or help would be appre...

Remove extra space between first and last names in merge
I have tried everything. I did a mail merge in Excel and cannot seem to remove the extra space between the first and last name in the address block on the letter when no middle initial is available. My data fields are FirstName, MiddleInitial, LastName and some people do not have a middle initial so that field is blank for them in the data source. When it prints, the people without a middle initial have two spaces between their first and last names! Please help. thank you. If you don't get an answer in the excel newsgroup, you may find the MSWord newsgroup helpful. Jillie wrote: > ...

about SMTP connection
Dear sir: If I create a new SMTP connection, then when I send the email, will Exchange use the default SMTP virtaul server to send the email, or use my new SMTP connection to send the email? Many thanks for your reply! Depends what's in the address space on the connector, and what domain you're sending to. What do you want to use? David wrote: > Dear sir: > > If I create a new SMTP connection, then when I send the email, will > Exchange use the default SMTP virtaul server to send the email, or > use my new SMTP connection to send the email? > > Many thanks fo...

email from another domain
Can I setup exchange to accept email from another domain name that we own? If I add an mx record for that domain pointing to our exchange server, is there a way to forward that to an internal user? Thanks CR Need to create a Recipient Policy for that domain name. It stamps users with email addresses and tells Exchange it should accept email for a certain domain. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=268838 -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Craig" <msnews@ms.com> wrote in message news:OwmSxyaLG...

information store doesn't start after installing exchange2k3 in child domain
We are installing exchange 2003 in a child domain of a domain tree where an exchange 2003 server already exists in the parent domain. Netdiag and DCDiag were both performed before installation and indicated no problems with the general setup. The account used to install exchange has Full Exchange Administration rights at the org. level. The installation completes without any error messages, but it is impossible to start the information store. The store refuses to start and events 9153, 1121 and 5000 are then logged in the event log. Event 1121: Error 0x8004010f connecting to the Microsoft Ac...

Stop receiving the name & Password prompt for Server POP3 & SMTP
how can I stop receiving the Internet Email window for POP3 and SMTP server everytime I SEND or RECEIVE something? I have already logged my user name and password along with selecting the indicator to Remember Password. During setup I selected to Enable Macos. I have removed and setup a new account twice closed out of OUTLOOK inbetween but still receive the same User ID and Password prompt for both the POP3 and the SMTP server? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ken There have been several recent issues with passwords not being retained with Outlook. If you're running Ou...

Can't use outlook. User name wrong.
The user name box in the account part of outllook has no example. I have tried every possible combination of my name. No dice. I can use the account with a browser. G.J. wrote: > The user name box in the account part of outllook has no example. What version/mode/SP level of OL? (help | about) What kind of mail account? > I > have tried every possible combination of my name. No dice. I'm not sure what you mean - more info would help. > I can use > the account with a browser. What does that mean? ISP webmail? Outlook Web Access? ...

Project Server/Exchange Server SMTP connectivity
Is there an easy way to test the smtp connectivity between Project Server and Exchange Server. Retreiving tasks with the Outlook add-in seems to work fine, but notifications, updates, etc don't seem to be happening. Also, Am I correct that mail messages are sent only once a day using the smtp set up in Project Server? Hi Peter, From the Project Server you should be able to telnet on port 25 to your Exchange server (google for telnet 25 and you'll get some good pages and you'll be able to check it out). Outlook connnecting is a red herring, it doesn't use SM...