SMTP connector on Exchange 5.5?

Does anyone know how to setup an SMTP connector on Exchange 5.5? Something
that is equivalent to Exchange 2000 SMTP connector?

Thank you, Jack Black

0
JackBlack (16)

IMS.

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 17:02:38 -0500, "Jack Black" <JackBlack@hat.com>
wrote:

>Does anyone know how to setup an SMTP connector on Exchange 5.5? Something
>that is equivalent to Exchange 2000 SMTP connector?
>
>Thank you, Jack Black

0
adavid (8731)

Access OWA during exchange offline
Dear All AS we know, we can access Our inbox (via Ms Outlook) during exhange server down or offline. My concern is, can wee access our inbox or calendar during exchange server is offline? thank you.. In news:%23YTtmu97FHA.2036@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl, Muhamad Taufik Khasim <Taufik@uniten.edu.my> typed: > Dear All > > AS we know, we can access Our inbox (via Ms Outlook) during exhange > server down or offline. > My concern is, can wee access our inbox or calendar during exchange > server is offline? > > thank you.. No.....only when your mailbox is accessibl...

Exchange 2003 Question #3
Dear all, I have upgraded from Exchange 5.5 and notice that I miss the feature where I can clean/delete mail based on certain criteria from users mailbox via the System Manager. Is this feature still available in Exchange 2003, If so, where is it? Thanks. Regards, Kueh. You can use ExMerge to remove emails based on certain criteria (ie. attachment name, subject, etc). http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF013.html "KA Kueh" wrote: > Dear all, > > I have upgraded from Exchange 5.5 and notice that I miss the feature where I > can clean/delete mail based on ...

Front End Exchange 2003 OWA for a Back end 2000
Hey everybody, At the minute we're in the process of upgrading our 30 odd servers to Windows Server 2003. The Domain Controllers are still running Windows 2000. My question is : Can I install an Exchange 2003 OWA on a Windows Server 2003 to connect to an Exchange 2000 Server in a Windows 2000 Domain (Native Mode) Do I have to upgrade the whole domain first ? What about notions of Front End / Back End ? We would like to do this to benefit from the new OWA (As it's sooooo cool :)) Thanks for your replies, Mike You can use an E2K3 FE to connecto to an E2K BE, but you only get OW...

error sending from 5.5 to 2000
When a user sends from an exchange 5.5 mailbox to a user in exchange 2000, they receive the following error: The message was undeliverable because the recipient specified in the recipient postal address was not known at this address The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=Express-Scripts;l=TEMMS014-041001192533Z-210060 <mail5.express-scripts.com #5.1.1> The same user on the 5.5 server can send to other users on the 2000 server. I looked the error up in technet and got 3 kb articles with only 1, kb295377 being anything close to my problem. I checked the entr...

Not allow entering repeated references in a column
Frank, If you don�t mind ... I will send it :) . As I don�t know your e-mail, I will give mine, which is ssouritinha@sapo.pt Just send your e-mail to my e-mail box and I will send the file. Thanks, Ritinh -- ritinh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ritinha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1566 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27195 ...

Installed Second Exchange 2007SP1
I have ABC domain with two Sites STL and GVL. I had my exchange server 2007SP1 installed in STL. Now GVL installed a Exchange 2007SP1 server. All looks good but I get the following error message from time to time in the EMC on my Server in STL. There is a Firewall between us should there be some ports open for them to communicate. Thanks for your help! -------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Exchange Error -------------------------------------------------------- The following error(s) were reported while loading topology information: Get-ActiveSync...

Default Exchange Receive Connector
Hi all, I just installed Exchange 2007. There were two receive connectors already setup during install, I have a question on the "Default Exchange Receive Connector." If I want public mail servers to be able to send mail to my exchange server, do I need to enable "Anonymous Users" on the "Permissions Group Tab" of that connector? Robert Exchange Server 2007: internet email without Edge servers http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2006/07/exchange-server-2007-internet-email.html -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia....

Exchange 2003 on a Domain Controller.
Hi All, I have a WinNT/Ex5.5 to AD 2000/03 and Ex2k3 migration to do. The client is a small company with only about 15 users. The are a network solutions company that needs flexibility so SBS is out of the question. My initial thought was to have 2 Win2k domain controllers/file servers and one Win2k3 member server running Ex2k3. They only have 2 Win2k server licenses and 1 Win2k3 server license. The problem is that they want to be able to use RPC over HTTPs. I understand that requires a 2003 Global Catalogue server. So, my plan of the 2000 DCs doesn't work. My question is:...

Exchange database folder
Hi! I have just installed Exchange 2003 on windows 2003 server and all files (database, mailboxes....) are installed on drive "c:". How could move all on drive "e:" ? Thanks Antonio Grasso Hi Open ESM, navigate to the server -> Mailbox Store -> Properties -> -> Database TAB Click "Brows" for Exchange Database file and brows to the new location Do the same fore the Exchange streaming file Click Apply, after move process finished you notify for it It is highly recommended that you move the Transaction Log to another location then The operatio...

Out of office replies and exchange 2003
I am a bit new to exchange 2003. Can anyone point me in the right direction for out of office replies, meaning, can I set certain addresses to not send them to, like email lists or discussion groups? if so how? thanks Out of office replies to the internet are disabled by default. You can allow them to specific domains under Global Settings. On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 08:50:44 -0700, "tester" <tester@testthis.net> wrote: >I am a bit new to exchange 2003. Can anyone point me in the right direction >for out of office replies, meaning, can I set certain addresses to not ...

Changing Interface OWA (exchange 2003)

Exchange 2003...Queues...Find Messages...icons?
I regularily view messages that have been in the queue on Exchange 2003. If I select one of the domains of the messages in the queue and do a find messages I get a window with the various messages. The messages will have an icon beside them that varies. I am unable to find any documentation to describe the significance of the various icons under sender. Here are a few that I have seen: 1) A normal envelope 2) An envelope with a red circle around a red square in the lower right corner 3) no icon Anyone now where I can find a description of these and there significance? TIA R...

SMTP service stalled
Hi, We're running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003 R2 which doubles as a secondary domain controller. We are periodically running into an issue where e-mail is not able to come in or go out and attempting to restart the SMTP service results in an error that the service did not respond in a timely manner. Rebooting the server fixes the problem temporarily until it occurs again, usually several days later. I'm assuming it's a memory issue, but the performance monitor shows that there is a minimal amount of memory in use (4 GB total, 3 GB free). Once service is restored it ca...

How to remove the exchange public folder?
Hi, We have exchange 5.5 running in our organization. We remove one site from the current organization and would like to know, how can we remove the public folders which replicated when it was on the organization with other sites. Thanks >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >We have exchange 5.5 running in our organization. We >remove one site from the current organization and would >like to know, how can we remove the public folders which >replicated when it was on the organization with other >sites. > >Thanks >. >you need to open exchange in raw ...

Ex5.5 to Ex2003 intra org migration
Hi I have migrated from E5.5 to E2003 intra-Org migration and chose the option SID migration via ADMT during migration . I 've notice that both source domain and target domain accounts have been added to mailbox and public folder resources which doesn't appear to be a problem at the moment. However in the near future when I do decide to remove the source domain would I be left with "zombie" source domain accounts??? In addition, granted that I chose to migrate SID history what will be the result when the source Doman is remove. Will there be any performance impact ??...

SPA vs POP over SSL (SSL for Exchange)
Exchange 5.5 sp4, W2K serve I have a few roaming clients using Outlook with POP to our internal Exchange server. My question is what are the advantages between using SPA Secure Password Authentication vs. POP over SSL I am thinking SPA uses a challenge and response for the password but does not encrypt anything. POP over SSL encrypts everything including password and mail data. So SPA only protects your password from spying eyes. Right? In order to force my users to use SPA, what can I set on my Exchange 5.5 server What do I have to open on my firewall for SPA Also, a while back, I tried ...

Replication partner exch 5.5 crashed
Hello Everyone. We recently installed exchange server 2003, had it coexisting with exchange 5.5 . We used the pfmigrate tool to create replication of public folders,I had also moved around 75% of the users mail boxes to the 2003 server.Unfortunately Ifound out that the exchange 5.5 server has crashed and now we cannot send or receive emails because earlier the mail flow was from 2003 to 5.5 and internet and vice versa. How can I remove the 5.5 server and set the 2003 server to receive emails completely. Also I do have a backup of the 5.5 server , can I restore the 5.5 mail box to t...

SP2 Exchange default disclaimer
Hello: I am currently using free GFI tool to provide a default disclaimer on outgoing SMTP email. I was wondering if SP2 will provide this feature on Standard Exchange 2003 server. Thanks, Cindy I'm running the CTP of Exchange 2003 SP2 and haven't seen that as a feature. "Cindy" <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2D2E367-BEB9-49BF-98D3-5C1AE2D08B03@microsoft.com... > Hello: > I am currently using free GFI tool to provide a default disclaimer on > outgoing SMTP email. I was wondering if SP2 will provide this feature on > Standar...

5 steps to create a publication,the workplan
I need to know at least 5 steps to creating a workplan in pulisher. homework? 1- turn on computer 2- open Publisher 3- File | New 4- File | Page Setup 5- Design your thing 6- File | Save your thing oops thats 6 "thinking" <thinking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B4E2A10-BCB0-473D-B52A-EFCBB658D856@microsoft.com... |I need to know at least 5 steps to creating a workplan in pulisher. Thinking? This newsgroup is dedicated to solving problems with MS Office Publisher. Not doing your class assignment. "thinking" <thinking@discussions.micros...

Store limit in Exchange
I'm currently researching the migration of my organization's mail system to Exchange and see that the standard edition of Exchange has a data store limit of 16GB. If we were to do a front end, back end setup with two server and the back end server that has the data store were to reach the 16GB limit would adding another back end server resolve this? I read in another post that this would double the space. But doing this the users that are currently create would have to be split up and some moved to the new data store server correct? Also since the Enterprise edition allows m...

Validation #5
We need to set up an excel sheet that can e-mailed to a customer , they will "sign" off on changes somehow and e-mail us back the sheet. How can we set up a sheet where can "validate" the customer has read and signed off on changes? I would use an email button that has a message pop up that says "By clicking OK, you verify that the changes about to be emailed are correct." Or something like that. :) When the user hits OK, the file is emailed back to you automatically. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "schmidtbaby" <mike.schmidt@na....

Exchange 2003 environment
Hello, I have one Windows 2000 server as a domain controller running Exchange 2000. Is it possible to do an upgrade of exchange only to Exchange 2003 but leave Windows on 2000? or will I need to upgrade windows to 2003 as well? From what I have read it looks as if Exchange 2003 will run in a Windows 2000 domain but I just want word from someone who has some experience. Thanks, Chris DeFreitas Yes you can upgrade to Exchange 2003 without upgrading to Windows 2003 -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Chris DeFreitas" <chris@N...