SMTP Connector #20

Hello Everyone:

Have a Exchange 5.5 Server co-existing with an Exchange 2003 server until we
finish migration. I only have a few mailboxes on the 2003 server and have a
problem. I needed to delete the SMTP connector between the 2 servers.
Deleted it off of the 2003 server and when I go to delete it from teh 5.5
site, I get an error and it won't let me get rid of it. Now those mailboxes
on the 2003 server can get mail from the outside but cannot send out.

How can I resolve this. If I re-create the SMTP connector on the 2003 box,
it still does  not work. Any ideas?

Thanks

0
DJ

Hi,

If you create a SMTP connector on the 2003 server this server should be able
to send mails to the internet if firewall allows (port 25 is open from the
exchange server to the internet) and if the 2003 server uses a DNS server
that can perform name resolution to the internet.

What happens when they try to send? Error messages logged?

Leif

"DJ" <a@a.com> wrote in message
> Hello Everyone:
>
> Have a Exchange 5.5 Server co-existing with an Exchange 2003 server until
> we finish migration. I only have a few mailboxes on the 2003 server and
> have a problem. I needed to delete the SMTP connector between the 2
> servers. Deleted it off of the 2003 server and when I go to delete it from
> teh 5.5 site, I get an error and it won't let me get rid of it. Now those
> mailboxes on the 2003 server can get mail from the outside but cannot send
> out.
>
> How can I resolve this. If I re-create the SMTP connector on the 2003 box,
> it still does  not work. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

CRM 3.0
We have our main CRM and Exchange server on one domain and our test/demo CRM server on a different domain. Should we be able to forward email to the test/demo CRM accounts from Exchange when it is not in the same domain? OUr network administrator has tried to do this without success. ...

Outlook Web Access #20
Our exchange is up and running but the wierd thing is this. I can access my Outlook Web from anywhere, in the office or outside the office. But the partners in the firm can only connect to the Outlook Web Access internally. But from home, they do not connect. There login information is corrrect. Is there some access rights that need to be granted to the mailbox for that user? What have I missed? On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 08:39:02 -0700, "Daniel Kaliel" <DanielKaliel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Our exchange is up and running but the wierd thing is this. I can a...

SMTP Queue issue #2
There are a couple domains that we are having an issue sending email to. For example AOL. If we try to send email to any AOL email account the messages stay hung-up in our Queue and never gets sent. When I ping aol.com I do get an IP address but no reply probably because they block requests. Is there anything else I can do to fix this issue? Thanks in advance Greg aol has started not allowing emails to be delivered if the sending domain doesnt have a valid ptr record in DNS you might also look into configuring an SPF record "Greg" <gregkh@hotmail.com> wrote in message ...

Exchange SMTP que sends multipule emails only from Entourage
We have recently moved users from one exchange server to a new exchange server(2003) running in a Front office, Back office set up. When Entourage user's (Outlook users have no issues) send an email to the out side world it gets routed to the FO server, via the BO server smtp connector. The issue is that the smtp que that routes the email to the front end server ,it seams that the hand off does not compleat correctley.. It will retry the email an infinite amount of times. The recipent of the email will recive the 100's of emails untill I delete the email from the smtp connector. Any ...

Permissions in AD for ADD/Change/Modify smtp proxy addresses
I have an Accounts Operator group that no longer can add or modify the SMTP Proxy email addresses in user properties. Don't know what happen, but could someone please tell me what specific permissions I need to give them to be able to add/change these addresses in user properties?? Thanks, Dana ...

what is this smtp error?
the following error in the server logs is now a daily occurance with a different email address each time. This one has 40 occurrences. No one in this small office sent this email. I've been told this is not really uncommon; ok, then i would like to know how come its in our logs and what is connection #29 relating to?? This is an SMTP protocol log for virtual server ID 1, connection #29. The client at "82.18.159.77" sent a "rcpt" command, and the SMTP server responded with "550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for xxx@xxx.org.au ". The full command sent was "...

How to interpret SMTP W3C log?
Hi all, have had an exchange 2003 sbs running for almost a year with merley minor trouble. Checked up on the SMTP logs the other day and was suprised to see the following: Legend: OCR = OutboundConnectionResponse OCC = OutboundConnectionCommand The actual log: OCR - 220+data.daybyday.de+ESMTP+CommuniGate+Pro+4.2b2 OCC HELO mydomain.com OCR - 250+data.daybyday.de+we+trust+you+mydomain.com OCC MAIL FROM:<> OCR - 250+<>+sender+accepted OCC RCPT TO:<some.account@some.domain.com> OCR - 550+some.account@some.domain.com+unknown+user+account OCC RSET - OCR - 250+SMTP+...

CRM Cisco call connector
I've installed Cisco's Unified call connector 4.0.3 on our CRM 4.0 server, and the client on my PC. The client is talking to the server OK as it will search for a phone number and pick out the relevent Contact details from the Server. However When I click the Dial button ( from my client ) on a contact , the webpage it brings up is an http://localhost:5556............ . Question is why is my client looking for a localhost page, is there a config somewhere that i've missed that should be pointing it to the CRM server or Cisco Callmanager? For anyone who might hit the same pr...

SMTP errors, cannot send/recieve reliably
I've got a customer with E2k3(SP1) on W2k3(No SP, but all the other patches). This box is behind a PIX firewall (mailguard is disabled). They have been having troubles send and recieving mail from many domains. I tried adding external DNS servers, that helped some, I turned off EDNS0, that helped some, but I still get quite a few delays/non-deliverables, and they are unable to receive mail reliably from some domains (yahoo being a big one). Here's a (small) excerpt of the SMTP log: 05:03:43 66.152.97.36 - - 0 05:03:43 66.152.97.36 EHLO - 0 05:03:43 66.152.97.36 - - 0 05:03:43 66....

Best SMTP AV scanner or Exchange "plug-in"?
Hi, Has anyone any opinions on the best SMTP scanner? I have tried McAfee's Groupshield and Webshield, but weren't particularly impressed. I thought of possibly Mimesweeper? Ideally it should have the facility that any attachments with viruses would be deleted automatically, with no notification sent to recipient only to the originating sender. TIA Martin I would say either Antigen or TrendMicro's Scanmail. If you can get your ISP to agree to it then I would reccomend installing something like a MailMarshal server at the ISP's end of the least line to save your bandwi...

Multiple accounts, same SMTP server, some outgoing-only
My company has multiple domains. We use an SMTP server, and IMAP. I want to send some emails as myname@domain1.com, others as myname@domain2.com. I can set up multiple accounts, but it seems that I will receive all of the email twice, once in each account. In Eudora, I solved this by un-checking the "Check email" on one of the accounts, and just using the other (which receives all mail regardless of which send-to domain address was used). Outlook does not seem to have this option. Bob Stark wrote: > In Eudora, I solved this by un-checking the "Check email" on one o...

ADC Doesnt Generate SMTP Address
I have installed the ADC to communicate with my Exchange 5.5 server. I've noticed that when creating new users it does not generate the SMTP address. What am I missing here? Thanks ...

Form Navigation 01-20-10
Hi, I have a form with a tab control with several pages (tabs) which contain a sub form. Here’s what I’m trying to do: The first time the user navigates to a tab (let’s call it Page 1) with a subform I want the subform to automatically navigate to a new record (I think I’ve figured out how to do this, but I’m having trouble with the rest). Once the user enters a new record or navigates to an existing record on the sub form on Page 1, I want the form to bookmark this record such that when the user navigates to any of the other tabs (say Page 2) and then navigates back to P...

SMTP Queues #2
Is there any way to view the contents of email (the actual body) sitting in the SMTP message queues. I suspect that most are spam (or postmaster replies thereto) but don't want to delete legit emails sitting there. You can open a .eml file in notepad and look at the content. Jon wrote: > Is there any way to view the contents of email (the actual body) sitting in the SMTP message queues. I suspect that most are spam (or postmaster replies thereto) but don't want to delete legit emails sitting there. ...

SMTP and E2 w/SP3
I am running Exchange Server 2000 with SP3 installed on an internal network. All outside mail is handled through the ISP email and there is no forwarding to the internal Exchange server. Until last week I had not problem but a SMTP problem has started. Some outside email get forwarded some do not. It is always the same that don't.send and remain in the queue. The error is the Queue is "An SMTP protocol error occurred." Example: All mail to be delivered to any user @cox.net ends up the folder in the queue named cox.net All mail to be delivered to any user ...

Shared workbook 11-20-09
Hi, i have a shared workbook. I want to work with another user, at the same time. But if i enter some datas on the same row as the other user, i receive an error. I need a macro to move my datas to next row if the other user has filled this row with datas. Can this be done? Thanks! ...

SMTP will not work on DPM 2010 RC
I enter in the server and account info on the SMTP tab and when I try to send a test, I get the error below. ID: 2013 Details: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password Thank you, Chris Hi, have you verified that the account you have entered is a valid account on the domain, we are failing with Logon Failure -- Thanks, C.Prashanth [MSFT] This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06A989D5-6810-4EC8-B668-B24D9ABFAFD9@microsoft.com... > I enter in th...

removing a second SMTP address that came from a recipient policy
I created a second SMTP address for each user by adding an additional entry to my Recipient Policy (%g.%s@myotherdomain.com). But now I need to remove it and all of the corresponding aliases in each users email address properties. I have removed the that part of the Recipient Policy but all the additional aliases remain for each user. Also I have applied the policy but it does not seem to remove any of the aliases in each user's email address properties. How can I automate the removal of these aliases for all my users. Ken You are going to have to script the removal, the RUS wi...

pop connector on sbs 2008
I have about 4 users on my sbs server that have e-mail forwarded to exchange via the pop connector. 3 of the users work with no problems forwarding from the same domain with only different named accounts. The forth connector fails and gives an event 203 from the source small business server on their connector. How do I troubleshoot this error? Rod: i cannot follow the chain. POP is used to call mail down from a web host to your exchange server and is a kludge and should only be used for a short time whle you convert to SMTP for receiving mail. Sending mail from an excha...

Display more than 20 labels in a Pie chart?
I am building a pie chart that is intended to have 22 pie-pieces with data but somehow when I try to ad labels for more than 20 labels excel will not accept this. Any ideas? /G=F6ran I'm not sure I would accept it either. 22 pie wedges? 22 labels? 6 point text, I presume, and it still would be a cluttered mess. I did just try this in Excel 2003. I made a chart with 26 equal wedges and the labels A through Z. Worked as expected. Then I tried in 2007, and that worked too. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ &...

IMF doesn't show up under SMTP
after installation of Exchange SP2 (on a SBS 2003 Server) the IMF branch doesn't show up in the Server Management under Servers\Protocols\SMTP. I can configure the IMF settings under Global Settings\Message Delivery. I also applied all the filters in the properties for my SMTP server under Advanced>Edit. What's wrong? Oliver <Oliver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >after installation of Exchange SP2 (on a SBS 2003 Server) the IMF branch >doesn't show up in the Server Management under Servers\Protocols\SMTP. > >I can configure the IMF settings under Gl...

Need for external connector license
Dear Microsoft The need for a external connector to publish CRM related data to external web pages is making the projects too expensive. CRM is expensive enough with its need for SQL, Exchange, IIS and CRM licenses for all CRM users. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the ...

Why do eMails contain "=20" and "=C3=A4" char codes ?
Occasionally (but not always) I am getting eMails which contain a lot of characters codes beginning with an "=" in the text body e.g. "=20" and "=C3=A4". What is the reason ? Is this an error of the sending or an error of the receiving eMail client ? Is this an error in the Win System or a matter of the eMail client? Sometimes CSS statements (beginning with <STYLE>) are visible as well. Is the reason for that the same as for the char miscoding ? Sven ...

* Internet Mail Connection (SMTP) Setup
We have setup our Exchange 5.5 Internet Mail Connection (SMTP) to disallow open relay. Although the SMTP does not relay, spammers can still send e-mail internally using a user name in our domain (regardless if the user exist). Example: I can still telnet and send e-mail from "firstperson@mydomain.com" (this user does not exist) to "an.employee@mydomain.com" (a real employee/user). What can I do to resolve this issue without stopping our Exchange (SMTP) server to receive legitimate e-mails from the Internet? Thanks. Paul Chad Thanks! but is there nothing we can...

POP3 Connector deletes message, how to stop it doing it?
Hi, The in exchange included pop3 connector will always delete the messages on the remote server, after he has downloaded them. I haven't found a option, that will let the connector download the messages, but stop him with the deleting. Is there a option for it? Are you referring to a server side solution or Outlook client side? Frank "the friendly display name" wrote: > Hi, > > The in exchange included pop3 connector will always delete the messages on > the remote server, after he has downloaded them. > > I haven't found a option, that will let t...