SMTP Connectivity Problem

We have two Exchange2003 Server connected across WAN and communicates
through SMTP.

Some times SMTP connection fails and some times it works fine, when I telnet
the other server with port 25 some times it succeeds and some time fails.

How do I troubleshoot this problem, is there is any utility which will find
where the port is getting blocked across the network. Some thing like trace
route with tcp port.

Any Help would be much appreciated.

Tks,
Muthu

0
klmuthu (2)

Is there some software monitoring the communications links for things such
as utilization?

"Muthu" <klmuthu@gmail.com> wrote in message
> We have two Exchange2003 Server connected across WAN and communicates
> through SMTP.
>
> Some times SMTP connection fails and some times it works fine, when I
> telnet
> the other server with port 25 some times it succeeds and some time fails.
>
> How do I troubleshoot this problem, is there is any utility which will
> find
> where the port is getting blocked across the network. Some thing like
> trace
> route with tcp port.
>
> Any Help would be much appreciated.
>
> Tks,
> Muthu

0
exchange.mvp (559)
6/16/2005 11:07:37 AM
Are you using the name or the IP address?  If you are using the name check
the DNS settings

"Muthu" wrote:

> We have two Exchange2003 Server connected across WAN and communicates
> through SMTP.
>
> Some times SMTP connection fails and some times it works fine, when I telnet
> the other server with port 25 some times it succeeds and some time fails.
>
> How do I troubleshoot this problem, is there is any utility which will find
> where the port is getting blocked across the network. Some thing like trace
> route with tcp port.
>
> Any Help would be much appreciated.
>
> Tks,
> Muthu

I am using IP address not the DNS Name

Thanks,
Muthu

"RunsWithScissors" <RunsWithScissors@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:05B4F156-2B04-4D0B-B8D2-CCBC38B312D2@microsoft.com...
> Are you using the name or the IP address?  If you are using the name check
> the DNS settings
>
> "Muthu" wrote:
>
> > We have two Exchange2003 Server connected across WAN and communicates
> > through SMTP.
> >
> > Some times SMTP connection fails and some times it works fine, when I
telnet
> > the other server with port 25 some times it succeeds and some time
fails.

> > How do I troubleshoot this problem, is there is any utility which will
find
> > where the port is getting blocked across the network. Some thing like
trace
> > route with tcp port.
> >
> > Any Help would be much appreciated.
> >
> > Tks,
> > Muthu

0
klmuthu (2)

One domain on exchange server not accepting connections
I setup a second domain on an Exchange 2003 server, and thought everything was working. Now, though, mail going to the second domain gets rejected, but mail going to the original domain is still working. I can telnet to the original domain, but not to the second domain. I've checked everything I know to check (I've setup plenty of domains on Exchange servers, so I believe I've gotten the setting correct), but I just can't get it to work. The MX records are correct, and mail.theseconddomain.com resolves to the right IP address (the same IP as mail.originaldomain.com), so it sh...

Problem converting from MSXML2 to MSXML4 in C#
I had a piece of code working fine with MSXML2 (it does an open get and then a send, returning the webpage of the url in the get) but my server is hosted by a company that uses MSXML4 - help? I added a reference to MSXML4 - I right clicked on my project name -> clicked Add Reference -> Went to Com tab ->Chose Microsoft XML v4.0 c: \windows\system32\msxml4.dll It asked if I wanted to replace MSXML2 and I said yes - I regret this as I think it has now screwed something up. I removed the using MSXML2; at the top of my C# and replaced it with using MSXML4; but when I try typing MSXML4 the...

outlook delete message outbox problem
I am seeing that this is not an unusual problem. I have tried working "offline". I have tried disconnecting the internet connection to the computer, restarting, delaying message sending, etc. File still will not delete or be moved. I have noticed same "error" message as some others have gotten, mapi spooling? and "message has already begun transmission what a joke this has been for 2 weeks and I don't even know what archives this has been pulled from. Does anyone have any suggestions? ...

Problem with empty page
hi asp.net 3.5 I have a webpage which if it has a querystring attached it'll display some usefull information. But if no querystring is attached it displays this content: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" http-equiv=Content-Type></HEAD> <BODY></BODY></HTML> I've tryed to put some logic into the page so when no querystring is used it should give some values to a Literal control on the page. That code executes ...

still having send receive problems
I have posted several times but have not had a resolve to my problem. I am using outlook from the office 2003 suite. I have 3 accounts one personal, one business and one hotmail, all correctly configured. When I click on send and receive all, mail that is in the respective server mailboxes is delivered to my respective accounts but then it hangs at 83% and does not move off that percentage. What is causing this? is one of the accounts timing out? that can usally cause problems if connection's have problems "Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news...

Problem changing wallpaper on Vista
I am trying to change the wallpaper on Vista. I have a sub that works on XP with .jpg and .bmp images... Private Sub SetActiveDesktopWallpaper(ByVal sFileName As String, ByVal lStyle As Long, ByVal fForce As Boolean) Dim ad As ActiveDesktop Dim co As COMPONENTSOPT Dim wpo As WALLPAPEROPT Set ad = New ActiveDesktop 'check if AD is enabled co.dwSize = Len(co) ad.GetDesktopItemOptions co, 0& With wpo .dwSize = Len(wpo) .dwStyle = lStyle End With With ad ' set wallpaper style... .SetWallpaperOpt...

Can't connect after updates.
I downloaded the two software updates and now I can't connect with Live ID. Anyone one else have this problem? I am actually experiencing the same issue. I just installed, it said that there were updates available which I installed and now I can not connect from within money... I am using vista, not sure if that is part of the problem or not... "Jakryk" wrote: > I downloaded the two software updates and now I can't connect with Live ID. > Anyone one else have this problem? I'm using Vista also. I've reinstalled Money and I cancel the updates. It happen...

VBA problems
Hello, I just started messing around with VBA and I got something approaching what I want (what I want is to highlight a row based on a value in the 1st column). This is highlighting the wrong row though! It looks like all the numbers are correct... for instance, when I step through it, I'll get the correct row selected but a different row highlighted! Please shed some light on this! It's quite frustrating. ' first column has dates from 12/2003 to 12/2006 Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() Const Yellow = 6 Dim row As String Range("A1").Select Do While...

Money 2006 problem
I just installed the money 2006 trial version but when I try to run Money it just opens briefly and then immediately closes. Money 2003 was doing the same thing but I thought maybe 2006 would fix the problem. Can anyone help me please? Instead of opening Money, navigate to the folder where you have your .mny file using My Computer or Windows Explorer and double click on the sample.mny file. That will tell us if your My Money.mny file is faulty or the M2006 installation. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?sc...

Combo Box Problems
I would like to make a combo box in my worksheet do exactly what the Name Box does. When a item in the combo box is selected scroll right or left through the worksheet and find that heading that was selected in the combo box?.....Is there a way to do this? Thanks. On Aug 13, 10:00=A0am, daphoenix <daphoe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would like to make a combo box in my worksheet do exactly what the Name= Box > does. When a item in the combo box is selected scroll right or left throu= gh > the worksheet and find that heading that was selected in the combo > bo...

Problems switching to new hardware
after removing active directory from the machine, I tried to activate it as a 2nd machine for the new Dell machine. No luck, it still could not locate the machine. After tinkering around I finally gave up and reinstalled the OS on the new machine from scratch. I recreated the user list and also installed the email server. We're up and running again. I only have one problem left. Our old domain was server1.xxx.org. The new domain I created was just xxx.org. So now anytime we try to access the external web site from our provider called xxx.org I don;t get it. I've tried to use the DNS ma...

Colour Problem in Excel 2002
Hi, I'm having a really annoying problem. When I create autoshapes in Excel 2002 (XP), when I scroll down the page, and then back up, the colour is distorted and ruined to look at. It prints fine, but it is very annoying, and bad to look at. It's like the colour just doesn't stay, lines and bits of colour vanish every time this happens. Has anyone had this problem before? I've never seen this. But Excel and other windows programs use the printer driver to know how to display stuff. You may want to try a different printer (or printer driver) to see what happens. Maybe even...

Scrolling Problem in EXCEL Visual Basic
I recently upgraded to XP, EXCEL is 2000. The scrollwheel doesn't do anything for an object (userforms, modules) in VB. It scrolls in all other windows in VB (Properties, Projects and Object Browsers). Don ...

having problems using performanceCouter
hi, i've made a program that shows the CPU idle time using the performance counter, using Visual C# . however, from some reason, it works on any computer other than my home PC . i've searched on the net but couldn't find what causes it. what i get is an exception that if is not caught, closes the program. here's a picture of what i get while debugging: http://img294.yfrog.com/i/picture20091211182403.png/ what i think is that maybe some service of windows (that the performance counter needs) doesn't work well(or is just disabled) . my computer runs on Windo...

Dbl sided printing problem
I am making a "Program" for a Barbershop Chorus concert using MS Publisher in the "Catalog" mode (which prints both sides of course.) I cannot seem to find out what kind of paper I can get (short of photo imaging paper) that is opaque enuff to prevent the backside of a page from showing through the "white areas" of the front side. It's not a bleed-through, it's just that the paper is to darn translucent. I am using 24 lb inkjet paper with an inkjet printer. I am sure this is anything but a new problem, but I have not found anything in the Goog...

Outlook 2007 Clients can't connect
I posted a similar question yesterday to the guys over at microsoft.public.exchange.setup as well, to maybe attack this issue from an Exchange server perspective. Maybe the folks over here can offer some insight, as this may be a client issue. I have a new Exchange 2007 server. New Outlook 2003 clients can connect just fine. Outlook 2007 clients tested on both XP and Vista, fail. The error I'm seeing is: "Outlook cannot log on. Verify you are connected to the network and you are using the proper server and mailbox name. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlo...

Junk E-mail Problem
Hi All, Our company using Small Business Server 2003, all the user use outlook 2003. We connect email through Exchange Server. We had a big problem, my boss email usually go to junk mail at Exchange Server mail box. But not every email. We had added him to safe sender list but the problem still exist. I had checked the server but I can't find the definition of filter email. My boss is using Powerbook Macintosh and Microsoft Entourage 2004 to send email. His company email is always forward to his ISP email and he receive email from ISP pop3 account. He use ISP smtp account to send emai...

Publisher 2000 print problem
What we see in the working document and what goes to print is different. Is there a way to enter the print preveiw document to fix it at that point. There seems to be no way to resolve this issue??? Please help if you can. ...

problems installing Outlook Desktop client
Problem trying to install Microsoft CRM 3 Outlook desktop client on a PC running windows XP service Pack 2 and Outlook 2003 service Pack 2 connected to exchange. Originally downloaded ISO installation file from Microsoft downloads, and burnt CD. Installation failed, it seems the installation CD was corrupt. We then found our original installation CD, which when we installed it, it came up with two messages: - Microsoft Outlook was not initialized. Please run Outlook and configure your mail account. ---- Outlook is installed and running, there's no problem with this so I do not unde...

Known, but still unsolved problem
I have a well known problem concerning Outlook (it seems that it affects many versions, my version is Outlook 2000 SR-1 in WinXP Pro): the program doesn't end when closed and the window remains open. I've found many suggestions in the newsgroups, such as to remove addons, if present, or to check the integrity of the pst file, but none has been successful. Can someone help me? Thanks. Giovanni GRL <giovrell@tin.it> wrote: > I have a well known problem concerning Outlook (it seems that it > affects many versions, my version is Outlook 2000 SR-1 in WinXP Pro): > the pro...

Exchange contact sync problems.
I have a problem with contact synconizations under Ex2003. We bought a (3rd party) modul for sync'ing contact between Axapta and Exchange. Only problem is, the address data is synced wrong and the company that sold us the modul, claims that the problem lies in our Exchange installation sins the module runs fine on other installations they've done. Fx: converting from Ax to Ex Zipcode is converted into the "provins" field cityname is converted into both city and zipcode field The other way zip -> cityname cityname just disapear The Ex2003 installation is a migration off...

Problem with resources on W98
My application, which seems to work without problem on XP, has a problem on W98 with resource : when working on W98 french version after a while the application display a dialog box with the french message "Une ressource requise était non"(in english "A required resource was not") After that message the application seems to lack resources to work correctly. What should I check on my code ? -- Joel Windows 98 does not manage system resources as well as XP, so if you create a bitmap for example, but do not free it, Windows 98 will eventually break. 2000/XP handle syst...

2007 charting problems
Is anybody having these problems, and can anybody tell me how to fix them? 1. In Excel 2003, I could select a range of cells and drag them into a chart and they would be pasted as a new series into the chart. Is this feature gone in 2007? 2. When I have a rotated Y-axis label, I can click on the text and see an insert cursor, but when I start typing, only the first letter appears in the label and the rest end up in the formula bar. When I hit enter, only the new text from the formula bar shows up in the label. 1) Just Copy the range, right click the chart and use Paste 2) Do not use ...

PostNcDestroy()..unknown crash problem
Hi, I have a modeless dialog that has a close button. In a localization version, it crashes when user clicks the "x" button on the top rightmost corner. But the close button works just fine. Both events lead to my PostNcDestroy() handler. I really cannot see any difference between these events, namely the "x" button and my own close button. Is there any significant difference between these two in the MFC framework? Any hint or help is much appreciated. (Since it doesn't crash in the English version, I cannot debug it.) Tony This is a typical "my pro...

Charting Problems #2
I need to create a chart that has axes in "exact" inches. For example, the printed plot area is 6" x 3", or at least 1 axis is exactly inches. ...