SMTP Client can't send outgoing mail

Hi Everyone.

We have a successfull Exchange 2003 single domain environment.  Let's call
the domain xxx.com.  (No pun intended).  Anyway, I have an outside contractor
working at my facility long-term, and he has been assigned a
contractor@xxx.com address.  His address works and receives mail... BUT...

His PC is not on my domain.  It belongs to it's home sytem domain, even
though it is on my network and behind my firewall.  He uses Outlook to
connect to my exchange server using SMTP to send mail... and ALL his mail for
any domain EXCEPT xxx.com REJECTS with an unable to relay error.

How can I get it set so his mail will go out?  I have tried all the settings
I could find, but I'm obviously missing something...

Any suggestions appreciated!

The contractor's using POP3 or IMAP4 for inbound mail.

You could let him use Outlook/MAPI even though his PC is in his home domain.
Outlook will ask for credentials when started.

Or you could allow authenticated users to relay (default in Exchange 200x).
If you're using the default SMTP VS for inbound internet mail as well (your
MX is pointing to external/public IP of the server), most likely the SMTP VS
is not setup for authentication (only anonymous connections - best
practice). If that's the case, you can create another SMTP virtual server
for authenticated users.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=555383

Alternatively, you could allow his IP address to relay or have him use his
ISP's SMTP server.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"Ken Montgomery" <KenMontgomery@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Everyone.
>
> We have a successfull Exchange 2003 single domain environment.  Let's call
> the domain xxx.com.  (No pun intended).  Anyway, I have an outside
> contractor
> working at my facility long-term, and he has been assigned a
> contractor@xxx.com address.  His address works and receives mail... BUT...
>
> His PC is not on my domain.  It belongs to it's home sytem domain, even
> though it is on my network and behind my firewall.  He uses Outlook to
> connect to my exchange server using SMTP to send mail... and ALL his mail
> for
> any domain EXCEPT xxx.com REJECTS with an unable to relay error.
>
> How can I get it set so his mail will go out?  I have tried all the
> settings
> I could find, but I'm obviously missing something...
>
> Any suggestions appreciated!

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
12/30/2005 9:43:16 PM
On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 12:29:02 -0800, "Ken Montgomery"
<KenMontgomery@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi Everyone.
>
>We have a successfull Exchange 2003 single domain environment.  Let's call
>the domain xxx.com.  (No pun intended).  Anyway, I have an outside contractor
>working at my facility long-term, and he has been assigned a
>contractor@xxx.com address.  His address works and receives mail... BUT...
>
>His PC is not on my domain.  It belongs to it's home sytem domain, even
>though it is on my network and behind my firewall.  He uses Outlook to
>connect to my exchange server using SMTP to send mail... and ALL his mail for
>any domain EXCEPT xxx.com REJECTS with an unable to relay error.
>
>How can I get it set so his mail will go out?  I have tried all the settings
>I could find, but I'm obviously missing something...
>
>Any suggestions appreciated!

Have him authenticate to the sending SMTP VS and ensure you allow
authenticated relay on the VS.

He can enter the name and password info in Outlook under the Accounts
dialog boxes.

More info:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3TransnRouting/b218d8a9-8d3a-4c7d-b0a9-c969ee1232f6.mspx

0
adavid (8731)

IF/THEN/ELSE adds a blank line in mail merge WORD 2007
Hello, I need to merge some mailings based on if the first name is not the same as nickname, print nickname else don't print anything and go to the next field. The code I have is: {IF {MERGEFIELD fName} <> {MERGEFIELD nName} {MERGEFIELD nName} ""} What is happening is if the first name and nickname are the same a blank line appears. How do I supress the blank line? Make the line break part of your TrueText (note that you don't have to include FalseText if it's "nothing"). So you'll have: {I F { MERGEFIELD fName } <> { MERGEFI...

CRM mobile client cab not installing
I am working on installing our CRM Mobile server. (CRM and CRM Mobile server are installed...) I am having a problem getting the CRM Mobile clienet to install. I get a "installation file is not intended for this device" error on the Mobile device when I try to install the build of the cab file that I made. So I think for whatever reason my .cabs are not complient with this device I am using a Motorala Q running Mobile 5.0 on a (OS 5.1.195 build 14960.2.4.0) Processor ARM920T PXA27x. I have double checked the build options and I sellect only the Mobile 5.0. as my device type. ...

How do I get the header to print out for e-mail messages?
For some reason, I am unable to print out the header of e-mail messages and it only prints out the message but not the time/date, subject, To..., From...., etc. Does anyone have an idea how to get this back on? Aloha yoda_the_webmaster, I'm guessing you're using Outlook 2003 (or earlier?) with Internet Explorer 7. That's a known issue that the IE team is working on. In the meantime you can either try and go back to IE6, upgrade to Outlook 2007 (which is unaffected because it doesn't use IE to print HTML messages) or edit the message and change the format to Rich T...

SEND AND RECEIVE ALERT
Hi I am using outlook 2002. I use MSN6 messanger for chatting. Before I have installed outlook 2002 in my computer MSN6 used to give me an alert when new mail arrived. But after installing athe OL2002 it does not do that anymore. I have checked the settings for the messanger and "Alert me when new message comes" box is checked. Can anyone help me out that I can use the feature again? Sincerely Arefin rifat83@msn.com ...

Exchange 2003 SMTP "bombing"
Yes, all PTR is installed and working OK. hostname.ro is not our REAL name, I have changed it in those logs due to SPAM inquiries. And the problem is that OUR SERVER is QUIT-ing , not the corespondent : MY Server open a SMTP connection REMOTE Server says 220 .. MY Server says EHLO to REMOTE Server REMOTE Server says 250 ... MY Server then say QUIT ! (instead of MAIL FROM ....) More than that, the REMOTE Server has no time to say ALL the 250 Answers he is able , because MY Server says QUIT : 250-mail.focusadv.ro 250-PIPELINING 250-SIZE 25000000 250-VRFY 250-ETRN 250 8BITMIME = = = = = = = ...

sent mail stuck in outbox
I can't send mail from Windows Mail. When I send a message it get stuck in the outbox. PLEASE HELP! An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Re: Y&R', Account: 'pop.secureserver.net', Server: 'smtpout.secureserver.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 Message refused.', Port: 80, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC6F -- ryangunn Check: File | Work Offline and in: View | Layout: Uncheck the Preview Pane. Can you delete it now? If not: How to Remove a Stuck Undeletable Message in Windows Mail http://w...

Outlook 2003, POP3 mail
Hi Peop's Ref. Outlook 2003 POP3 I've recently started to get a random problem with mails sent as HTML such as newsletters, they display as follows, it does not happen all the time from a given source!. I have checked all PST's with the fix pst tool. e.g. HYPERLINK "http://www3.hmv.co.uk/hmv/Special_Images/hmv_my_news.gif" HYPERLINK "http://www3.hmv.co.uk/hmv/Special_Images/hmv_my_world.gif" HYPERLINK "http://www3.hmv.co.uk/hmv/Special_Images/hmv_rec_logoclass.gif" HYPERLINK "http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/navigate.do?ct&pPageID=1115&so...

Mail Merge creates extra pages?
Hi All: I need some help/advice/commentary. I'm creating some postcards using Publisher. Currently, I have it set to print four postcards per sheet of paper, and everything is fine. Publisher will print four pictures on one side of paper and then four addresses on the other. What happens is this: when I use Mail Merge to include the addresses from Publisher's database, Publisher immediately adds an extra page. So now, instead of it printing four pictures on one side and four addresses on the other, it prints two pictures on one page, two pictures on another page, and then the four a...

replies go to same folder rather than sent mail
When I reply to an email, my copy of the reply shows up in the folder that the original message was in rather than the sent mail folder. For example I can reply to an imail in my inbox and the reply is automatically stored in my sent mail folder. If I move that email from my inbox to folder A and then reply, the reply is stored in folder A rather than sent mail. I have some rules applied but none have to do with outgoing mail. This isn't a huge issue but is a pain to then move the email manually to sent mail. thanks Kozmo Kozmo wrote: > When I reply to an email, my copy of the rep...

Mail Merge (Directory) using Outlook Contacts as source
I am very comfortable in doing a mail merge using various sources, but have never used Outlook Contacts. When I choose "Select from Outlook Contacts" and then "Choose Contact Folder" I can only access the contact folder in my personal folders rather than the main contact folder in Outlook. Any thoughts? Frank Start in the contacts folder you want to use and choose Tools | Mail = Merge.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart...

Long delay when viewing a note in CRM 4 Web Client (RTM)
When I open an opportunity within the web client version of CRM 4 I find myself staring at a green circle where the notes should be. This doesn't happen all the time but more often than I would like. Does anyone have any ideas? This also occurs within my Outlook client and not just with opportunties but other records too. I have the required software to run CRM 4 and sufficient security permissions ...

Cannot add sound or video any more to Outlook E-mail (Word Mail) message!
Using Windows XP Pro and Office 2003. Recently updated both to their newest service packs. (including xpsp2). Word (2003) is set as my e-mail editor for Outlook 2003. Before I could add video, audio, or marquee text to an Outlook E-mail message by clicking on the appropriate icon on the "Web Tools" toolbar. Now when I click on one of those icons, I get an error message like the following: ---------------------- The object was created in HTMLInlineVideoCtl. This application is not available to open this object. Make sure the application is properly installed, and that it has ...

Error sending emails from Access through Outlook
I am having the typical problem when sending an email from Access. I get that error saying that another application is trying to send an email on my behalf or whatever. I heard that it can be bypassed by using sendObject, is this true? If so, how would i modify my code to use this.Function Email()'Set reference to OutlookOn Error GoTo Errhandler'Dim strBCC As StringDim db As DAO.DatabaseDim rst As DAO.RecordsetDim objOutl As Outlook.Application'Dim objEml As Outlook.MailItemDim i As IntegerSet db = CurrentDbSet rst = db.OpenRecordset("qryEmailReminder", dbOpenSnapshot)...

Not receiving mail #2
Hi Having recently upgraded to Outlook 2003, some mail has been failing to get through. However, switching to Outlook Express to look at newsgroups, it's in the Inbox. It's some mail, not all, and it's all correctly addressed. And of course other mail does get through, so mysettings are correct. Ideas please? Psychman You have not designated Outlook as your default in Internet Options, Programs if OE is still getting your mail. Do that and then open OE accts and change the setting to Leave copy on server, in case OE gets the mail before OL. "psychman" wrote:...

Send Page by email and link by email fail with IE8 and Outlook 200
Windows 7 64 bit using default 32 bit IE. In IE select file->send->page by link (or email) does nothing. If Outlook 2007 is already open in the desktop or taskbar it works. If Outlook was not started I notice an instance of outlook opens in task manager but not in the taskbar or the desktop. It appears Outlook is having trouble opening Word as the editor unless Outlook is not already opened on the desktop. All the proper extension and default programs are set properly. A diagnostic run on Word 2007 or Outlook 2007 finds nothing wrong. Please help ...

Send Word 2007 Outline to PowerPoint
Hi Folks I am working in Word 2007 and want to send a Word Outline to PowerPoint. In Word 2003 this was easily done by going to File, Send To, Microsoft PowerPoint and a basic presentation would be established just waiting for you to edit. Likewise, if you wanted to sent info to Word you would go through the same process from PowerPoint. I am looking for that feature in 2007 I don't know if it is no longer available or if it is just moved to another location. I have tried to search for it in Help but so far, am unsuccessful. Can someone point me in the right direction? ...

Editing Entourage mail display
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop I've recently taken over a new position and the lap-top that comes with the role. A new mail account has been set up in my name, but even though it looks like I've changed the display name to my own (under accounts), the old one still appears when people send emails to me - how can I change? <br> Thanks! On 2/1/10 9:22 AM, in article 59bb20a0.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Mandabach@officeformac.com" <Mandabach@officeformac.com> wrote: > A new mail account has been set up i...

Outlook 2007 All e-mail subject headings amended by Kaspersky 2010
Whilst following the Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 SPAM trining sequence I accidently selected the wrong folder groups in Outlook 2007. Instead of selecting the spam containing folders to train the software I inadvertently selected the non spam folders. With a result that KIS 2010 went through the entire Inbox of ten years content prefacing every single Subject Heading of every single mail with the designation [!! SPAM]. It's not even my mailbox, it's a client's. I have a query up on the Kaspersky Support Forum... does anyone know of a tool (apart from ME that is) ...

Exchange 2000 Cannot delete mail message
Have several messages in a few mailbox users inboxes that can not be deleted. The local client is a pop account pulling messages down from server. Server shows an e-mail message in inbox but it is not downloading because the file path is not available and therefor can't be moved to local computer. When I view the server database, I can see the message, but can not delete. When I view from command prompt, same results. Can not delete, rename or anything as path is not specified or available...yet it is there. How can I delete this message? Have you tried using MDBVue32 and/o...

Route SMTP traffic for a particular domain
We have exchange FE-BE in place. It has been working fine and receiving emails for abc.com domain. Now we bought an SMS application which is running on another server receiving emails for xyz.com domain. Now we want all the emails for xyz.com domain send by internal clients to be diverted to this SMS Server. How can i configure exchange so that any emails coming for xyz.com domain diverted to SMS server. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks In Exchange System manager, go to Routing Groups, [routing group], connectors Create a new SMTP connector called xyz.com and set it to forward the ...

Enable Mail Merge in CRM Outlook Client
Does anybody know how enable the Mail Merge function for CRM Outlook Client? After clicking CRM Contact in the CRM Outlook Client, the Mail Merge function should be found under Actions. However, this is not the case. I have System Administrator rights but just do not know how to enable this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Outlook: How to add Dear (contact first name) in a CCd mail?
I would like to send a cc email to many people, and the body of the mail use their First name (the contacts are in an outlook file) So basically it's just merging the contact data. Does anyone know if that's possible? You're in luck -- Outlook integrates very nicely with Word's mail merge feature. Switch to your Contacts folder, and use the Tools | Mail Merge command. You'll be able to add a field for the name to the Word document, along with the rest of the text for the message. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: ...

OWA boots my clients out
I have a problem that I can find no information to resolve. I have sucessfully setup SBS 2003. All patches have been applied to the O/S and to Exchange 2003. However, when my clients use OWA they are able to log in, but after about a minute of activity, they are kicked out with this message to log back in, "Your session has expired. To continue your work, you must log on again. Type your user name and password, and then click Log On." I have checked the inactivity time to live and it is set at 90 minutes! I am not using an ISA server on the box - just SBS 2003 Standard and...

Sent mail folder question for MVPs
I have two questions about Outlook, both related to having multiple mail accounts (e.g one Exchange and one IMAP). 1) Can I have mail from my imap account go to that accounts sent mail folder instead of the Exchange or default one? 2) Can I disable spam filtering for one account while allowing for another? 3) Can I have rules/filters on folders other than inbox? Thanks for any help. 1) Yes, but you need to use rules to move the mail by account and if it can't connect to the imap for some reason, no copy is saved. 2) No. 3) Only if you use Run Now. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - O...

outlook not sending/receiving at startup
hello, When I open Outlook (2003), it does not automatically send and receive email. I have to manually enter "Send/Receive". Please help... I've tried everything. Thank you. You need to set an automatic polling interval in Send/Receive groups. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:397101c3e362$8ed28f90$a101280a@phx.gbl... > hello, > When I open Outlook (2003), it does not automatically send > and receive email. I have to manually > enter "Send/Receive". Please help... I've tried everything....