Smtp addresses export to excel file

I have and exchange 5.5 server. We have another location seperate from us
that would like all of our smtp address in an excel format. I have tried
several KB articles regaurding this. One uses the save window in exchange
admin to create a csv file. This would work fine however when I open the
file the only thing that is listed in the spreadsheet is the name of the
mailbox, phone #, and date modified. No Smtp addresses are included. Is
there an easier way. Any help much appreciated. Thanks!

0
tareed (7)

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your post!

You can use Outlook to realize this feature. Just follow the steps below:

1. Configure an email account in Outlook and connect it with the mailbox

2. Save the Global Address Book to personal address book

3. Open the Personal Address Book in Outlook Express and export it to a CSV
file

If you have other questions on this issue, please feel free to contact me.
It's my pleasure to be of assistance. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

John Yan
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

v-johny (25)
12/3/2003 6:48:08 AM
Have you tried this in office XPP? I am having problems. I cannot get the
GAL to copy to a .pab for some reason. I select all and right click to send
to personal address book but it does not copy. Is there a better way or is
this the wrong way to move the addresses to a .pab?
""John Yan"" <v-johny@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Aaron,
>
> Thank you for your post!
>
> You can use Outlook to realize this feature. Just follow the steps below:
>
> 1. Configure an email account in Outlook and connect it with the mailbox
>
> 2. Save the Global Address Book to personal address book
>
> 3. Open the Personal Address Book in Outlook Express and export it to a
CSV
> file
>
> If you have other questions on this issue, please feel free to contact me.
> It's my pleasure to be of assistance. Have a nice day!
>
> Best regards,
>
> John Yan
> Microsoft Online Support Engineer

tareed (7)
12/3/2003 9:24:07 PM
Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your reply.

I think this is the simpliest way, just select all users in the GAL and
then click Add to Personal Address Book. You can now find all contacts in
the contact folder. Then click File > Import and Export, select the Contact
folder from list and export it to an Excel file.

If you find that you cannot move users from GAL to Personal Address Book,
please post this problem in the following group:

Microsoft.public.outlook.general

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most
qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who visit the newsgroups
regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction
with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

John Yan
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

v-johny (25)
12/4/2003 4:58:59 AM
Hi Aaron,

How things are going now? Do you have other questions on this issue? Please
feel free to let me know so that I can work closely with you.