smtp addresses #2

Exchange 2000.

I have 2 smtp addresses under recipient policy.

smtp: username@domain.com (set as default)
smtp: username@local.domain.com

These were created automatically when we migrated from exchange 5.5 to 2000.

local.domain.com is our internal domain.
domain.com is our Internet address.

I unchecked local.domain.com address, and "Apply this policy now", but it
did not remove them from each users AD account.

So I deleted the local.domain.com address, and "Apply this policy now", but
it still did not remove them from each users AD account.

We are getting NDR's because it is trying to send email to this smtp
address.

How do I fix this problem?

Thanks,
Mike

0
Mike

Recipient Policies only add or modify they do not delete, you can use
ADModify to remove it from your users accounts.

ADModify is available from:
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/PSS/Tools/Exchange%20Support%20Tools/ADModify/

--
Mark Fugatt
Exchange MVP
"Mike" <*> wrote in message news:OrBPb2Y9DHA.2404@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Exchange 2000.
>
> I have 2 smtp addresses under recipient policy.
>
> smtp: username@domain.com (set as default)
> smtp: username@local.domain.com
>
> These were created automatically when we migrated from exchange 5.5 to
2000.

> local.domain.com is our internal domain.
> domain.com is our Internet address.
>
> I unchecked local.domain.com address, and "Apply this policy now", but it
> did not remove them from each users AD account.
>
> So I deleted the local.domain.com address, and "Apply this policy now",
but
> it still did not remove them from each users AD account.
>
> We are getting NDR's because it is trying to send email to this smtp
> address.
>
> How do I fix this problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

0
Mark
2/17/2004 8:02:56 PM
Addresses will not be removed automatically, see:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;286302

Baris.

"Mike" <*> wrote in message news:OrBPb2Y9DHA.2404@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Exchange 2000.
>
> I have 2 smtp addresses under recipient policy.
>
> smtp: username@domain.com (set as default)
> smtp: username@local.domain.com
>
> These were created automatically when we migrated from exchange 5.5 to
2000.

> local.domain.com is our internal domain.
> domain.com is our Internet address.
>
> I unchecked local.domain.com address, and "Apply this policy now", but it
> did not remove them from each users AD account.
>
> So I deleted the local.domain.com address, and "Apply this policy now",
but
> it still did not remove them from each users AD account.
>
> We are getting NDR's because it is trying to send email to this smtp
> address.
>
> How do I fix this problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

0
barise (94)

Comparing 2 series of data
Hello, I have a question regarding scatter (XY) charts on Excel 2000. I have 2 series of data that I want to compare with one another. I have plotted both series of data on a scatter (XY) chart in order to compare the 2 series in terms of the relationship between variables, X and Y. In addition, I have included a 2nd order polynomial trendline for each series so that the graph contains 2 trendlines (one for each data series). I want to know if there's a way for me to compare these 2 series of data (possibly using slopes of the trendlines) and obtain p values and confidence in...

Address Book missing CONTACTS & OAB
At work we use Exchange at work, and on one of my Co-Workers Computer, (his Profile, not really computer) in his Address Book he is missing CONTACTS & OUTLOOK ADDRESS BOOK, ( While mine is just fine) he was missing PERSONAL ADDRESS BOOK, but I was able to ADD it. ( We have a Global Address Book that we use for the Company ) Is there a way to atleast add CONTACTS, since the OUTLOOK ADDRESS BOOK is useless ( at least I think the OAB is ) Thanks No one uses a PAB anymore. Why can't you add the OAB to the profile? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "XP User" <my_email@is_p...

Please quote.dot for 1.2 its really urgent

Cannot connect outlook 2007 to exchange 2003 via LAN #2
Hello there, I got a new laptop for work running Vista and outlook 2007 and no matter how many times I tried setting it up to connect to the exchange server 2003, I always get the message that outlook is not connected and it needs to be connected to complete this action.... I used to have a laptop running XP and outlook 2003 and it worked fine with the same mailbox settings. Any ideas please? ...

Vlookup? #2
Can I use VLOOKUP to look up data in a data base and total multiple values associated with the lookup number in a range? Example: Database # $ 700 $325. 650 $225. 310 $110. 700 $500. 115 $475. 700 $125 Result #700= $950 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Vlookup is not the tool to use here. Try using SUMIF, it will fit the task nicely. (Also look at COUNTIF, DSUM for similar functions) --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ As Kieran says, try SUMIF instead of VLOOKUP Here's some steps to ease you-in on using ...

CStatic #2
How can I resize CStatic (Picture) in the design time? Assign an ID to your static control, other than the default IDC_STATIC id. Say IDC_MYPICTURE. Now associated a member variable of type CStatic control, to this ID using the class wizard. Say m_MyPicture. Finally call m_MyPicture.MoveWindow(..) in order to resize the control. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Oliver Young" <none> wrote in message news:%23OX6eDDtDHA.424@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > > How can I resize CStatic (Picture) in the design time? > ...

how do i merge 2 rows of data into one
I am trying to combine data from 2 rows so that i can use the data as one row which will enable me to sort the data accordingly. Hi you may provide some more details how your data is structured and how you want to combine it -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "willid" <willid@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:14D9237F-69DA-4696-AC15-38585C65B28E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to combine data from 2 rows so that i can use the data as one row > which will enable me to sort the data accordingly. You can't merge data without losing parts ...

From address shows compelte SMTP address
When a mail is send from mainframe to a DL in exchange the from address does not get resolved. It like when the mail comes in it shows the entire SMTP address insted of the display name. Any idea. E2k3 -- Manoj What is it supposed to get resolved to? Does the mainframe have a mailbox or other mail-enabled object in AD? If not, there is nothing to resolve. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "manoj" <manoj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1244E46B-B8F5...

GL Year End Closing #2
After we ran the GL year end close the Year End Closing Report does not balance. Also the retained earnings amount is incorrect. I checked and all of the P&L accounts have a beginning balance of zero. Has anyone run into this and how can I find what accounts are off and correct them? -- Ladd Sustar Ladd, Have you checked your GL Trial Balance for the new year to see if it balances and the correct RE balance is reflected? If it does, maybe there's a problem with the Year End Closing Report itself. If your new GLTB doesn't balance the first thing I would do is start compar...

DATE Formulas #2
Hello, I wrote last time: I want to know what I will get paid TODAY, THIS WEEK or by the MONTH. I don't know how to get the Day (C2),Week (D2) and Month.(E2). Thanks for those who helped. Now: I must add that if today is Thursday I need to know what I will get paid Thursday - Saturday for the week and from the 29th - 30th of the month. In other words for the week and Month calculations it must be going forward from the current day not for the entire week or month if that time has past. If the weekday is Tuesday then I need from Tuesday to Saturday. What formula can I use to accomplish this...

OE blocks attachments #2
I cant open my attachments (word) it says *OE remove acces to unsafe attachments*..and I know for a fact its not an unsafe document. What would be the problem? And what is OE ?? Thanks for helping. "Christine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b2eb01c43727$c1ff1af0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I cant open my attachments (word) it says *OE remove > acces to unsafe attachments*..and I know for a fact its > not an unsafe document. What would be the problem? Tools-Options-Security for the 150,000th time. Did you not do ANY research AT ALL before ...

Have E-mails available in 2 Locations to View
Is it possible (and easy) to configure 2 PC's to have the same e-mails? What I'm think of, instead of synchronizing via a memory stick that I would share out the "Outlook.pst" file which would be located on PC-1 in Location-1 over our network, then when I am in my remote location, my PC-2 in location-2 will look at this "Outlook.pst" file, thus having the same e-mails and not duplicates. We don't run Windows server just stand alone PC on a peer-to-peer network. Would what I have detailed above work? I'm just assuming that you can't have both PC&#...

Upgrade from 1.2 to 2.0
My RMS reseller upgraded me from 1.2 to 2.0. After doing so, none of my matrices work due to the fact that attributes and codes are not in the matrix dimensions. I have lost all customer purchase history, but I do have the totals they spent. I have lost all my purchase orders. They installed SQL express. I can not connect to either of my stores through HQ. Am I with the wrong reseller? Can someone help? Ouch- That has got to hurt- If I lost that Data, I would want to strangle someone. "lax guy" <laxguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDEE3830-4C03-4778-...

SBS2003
Hello, One of my coworkers tried to send a 15MB attachment one time and it didn't get through. Roughly after that, the sending from Exchange server has been very slow. It will take about 15 - 30 minutes to send a message. I've checked the event log and Queue folder, I didn't see anything. Please advise. Thanks, Jerry ...

working from 2 pc's
is there a convenient way to use a single money file from two different pcs? I bought money small business, in order to run my business as well as my home accounts. however, I also have an office space outside the home, and have need to create invoices from that location. Of course, I don't want to create the invoices in two different places. Any ideas? Smokii Someone here recently posted that they use an external hard drive, and that a USB memory device works as well. I'd think that would be the ideal way to do it. Other than that, it would be difficult to keep them in s...

Exch 5.5
New spam method: * for any given email server - format the header with an INVALID recipient - format the header so that the "Reply-to:" is the intended victim on the spammer's list This allows them to relay off of any server because the server will reply with a non-deliverable report returning the original message to the address in the "Reply-to:" field. Spam accomplished. So, if the incoming email is addressed to an invalid recipient (nosuchuser@mydomain.com), is there a way to force Exchange 5.5 to automatically delete the email to prevent an NDR from be...

2 copies coming into Inbox
I recently paid for a hotmail account so I could have larger storage and not get cancelled for any reasons such as not checking it often enough. I followed the instructions and put my service on Outlook Express. Now I'm receiving 2 of every message. What's up? Can I fix this? Thanks Darla ...

cost of Inventory at a past date...? In RMS 2.0
Hi, Does anyone figured out a way of knowing what the invntory was on Dec 31 2009? I can't find a report that would give me that info. RMS 2.0 Thanks, Sacha This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0062_01CAF8F0.C2C6D310 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Sacha, Check with Ryan @ RITE rsakry@rite.us as they have a custom report. = www.rite.us --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w (Stolen from DRS) =3D...

Personal Address book address will not change/update
Hello, I have Exchange 2000 and Outlook XP/2002. I have a personal address book. When I attempt to update the email address of an entry, it always returns to the original SMTP address. Is this a bug? Has anyone encountered this before? Thanks, Rich ...

Consolidate Data #2
I'm looking to the experts on this one as I'm a very basic VBA user and not sure where to start. I'm looking for some help in buildig a macro that could do the following. Take a column of data such as below and then Consolidate the data 50 cells at a time with the data seperated by a semi-colon(no spaces) into 1 cell. For Instance: A 1 11111 2 11112 3 11113 4 ..... 2223 12223 to A 1 11111;11112;11113...etc 2 11151;11152;11153...etc I'm sure there's a way to do it. I'll be honest. I have ...

ADC Creating X500 address
Hi I have a test Exchange 2003 system set up in preparation for setting it up on our live system, it has a single site, single routing group and there is one exchange 5.5 server. I have ADC set up with a 2 way connector and everything seems alright, except if i create an account on the Exchange 2003 server in ADUC when it replicates to the 5.5 server it adds an X500 address to the existing email addresses. If i create a new mailbox on the 5.5 server when it replicates to AD it does not have the X500 address and there is no X500 address in the recipient policy. The X500 address is actually ...

Can't find e-mail address in my organization
I need to add an e-mail address in my Exchange 2003 server. When I add it to a user, it says "This e-mail address already exists in this organization. ID no: c10312e7 Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension". I looked at all users but did not see it any user profile. Is there a way to search for the user that has this address assigned to it? we have just answered same question, Where is this email address posted by Jamie Dawes (-: Just to make it easier for you, here are the steps for locating an smtp address which is being used already go to ADUC Click on Find ob...

Calendar formatting #2
I'm creating our annual calendar. I created a one-month calendar, then updated the formatting, including the color schemes & the items to which each main or accent color is assigned and the "styles & formatting" for text, then I selected "synchronize formatting" as instructed in the help files, and after all of that was done, I changed the date range to create a year's worth of calendars. Not only do the changes not synchronize, but the next months show up with a variety of differing text styles, and accent colors... to make things even more frustr...

Merging 2 columns into 1 and converting to other cases?
Hi there, A few questions: 1) how to convert a column [or row] of data into upper case? 2) how to merge two columns of names into 1 column where a space separates the two names 3) how to convert the names in a column to mixed case, that is, the first letter of a name is in upper case, the remainder lower-case? Hmm how to work with names like McCain or O'Hanlon, or Smith-Jones? Would a book like 'excel for dunmmies' help here, or please recommend your gav book. Thanks for the assist. I hope I can help others soon too! -- GottaRun ------------------------------------------...

I want to block sending email to an address
I have a co-worker named John Smith and a customer named John Smith. I keep sending emails to my co-worker instead of my customer. I want to block sending messages to co-worker John Smith. How do I do that? Change the way the name appears in your address book, or manually put in the email address? "Cynthia" <Cynthia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28AFE084-FC9A-46B2-98CA-D50150941C88@microsoft.com... :I have a co-worker named John Smith and a customer named John Smith. I keep : sending emails to my co-worker instead of my customer. I want ...