SMTP 550 Message

Hi folks,

Went I send an email via my Comcast to the following address
(dvanderwoude@nwpic.bellingham.wa.us) I get the following error.

Reporting-MTA: dns; comcast.net
Arrival-Date: 29 Jun 2006 16:19:43 +0000

Final-Recipient: rfc822; <dvanderwoude@nwpic.bellingham.wa.us>
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; Permanent Failure: Other undefined Status
Last-Attempt-Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:19:43 -0000

I understant tha a 550 is a deny, I just don't know were should I look or
what to do in able to fix this issue. I should said also, that the SMTP
address in question in being hosted at my agency domain esd.wa.gov)

Thanks

0
TonyNegron (46)

The NDR stated that the Address was rejected.

You need to check on your servers to make sure that they are in fact set up
to authoritately receive mail for the domain in question
(nwpic.bellingham.wa.us).

Has e-mail to that domain worked in the past?  Is it a new domain setup?

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Tony Negron" <TonyNegron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi folks,
>
> Went I send an email via my Comcast to the following address
> (dvanderwoude@nwpic.bellingham.wa.us) I get the following error.
>
> Reporting-MTA: dns; comcast.net
> Arrival-Date: 29 Jun 2006 16:19:43 +0000
>
> Final-Recipient: rfc822; <dvanderwoude@nwpic.bellingham.wa.us>
> Action: failed
> Diagnostic-Code: smtp; Permanent Failure: Other undefined Status
> Last-Attempt-Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:19:43 -0000
>
> I understant tha a 550 is a deny, I just don't know were should I look or
> what to do in able to fix this issue. I should said also, that the SMTP
> address in question in being hosted at my agency domain esd.wa.gov)
>
> Thanks

0
Ben
6/29/2006 4:47:04 PM
Sorry to bother you, but were would I bee looking into, I mean configuration
location were they will be permitted. We are in Exchange 2003.

Thanks

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:

> The NDR stated that the Address was rejected.
>
> You need to check on your servers to make sure that they are in fact set up
> to authoritately receive mail for the domain in question
> (nwpic.bellingham.wa.us).
>
> Has e-mail to that domain worked in the past?  Is it a new domain setup?
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
> Read my blog!
> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>

> "Tony Negron" <TonyNegron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > Went I send an email via my Comcast to the following address
> > (dvanderwoude@nwpic.bellingham.wa.us) I get the following error.
> >
> > Reporting-MTA: dns; comcast.net
> > Arrival-Date: 29 Jun 2006 16:19:43 +0000
> >
> > Final-Recipient: rfc822; <dvanderwoude@nwpic.bellingham.wa.us>
> > Action: failed
> > Diagnostic-Code: smtp; Permanent Failure: Other undefined Status
> > Last-Attempt-Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:19:43 -0000
> >
> > I understant tha a 550 is a deny, I just don't know were should I look or
> > what to do in able to fix this issue. I should said also, that the SMTP
> > address in question in being hosted at my agency domain esd.wa.gov)
> >
> > Thanks

0
TonyNegron (46)
6/29/2006 6:10:02 PM
Well, to start with, this domain has to be part of a recipient policy.  That
specific address would then have to be assigned to a mail-enabled object
within Active Directory.

--

> Sorry to bother you, but were would I bee looking into, I mean
> configuration
> location were they will be permitted. We are in Exchange 2003.
>
> Thanks
>
> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
>
>> The NDR stated that the Address was rejected.
>>
>> You need to check on your servers to make sure that they are in fact set
>> up
>> to authoritately receive mail for the domain in question
>> (nwpic.bellingham.wa.us).
>>
>> Has e-mail to that domain worked in the past?  Is it a new domain setup?
>>
>> --
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange MVP
>> MessageOne
>> Read my blog!
>> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
>> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>>

>> "Tony Negron" <TonyNegron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi folks,
>> >
>> > Went I send an email via my Comcast to the following address
>> > (dvanderwoude@nwpic.bellingham.wa.us) I get the following error.
>> >
>> > Reporting-MTA: dns; comcast.net
>> > Arrival-Date: 29 Jun 2006 16:19:43 +0000
>> >
>> > Final-Recipient: rfc822; <dvanderwoude@nwpic.bellingham.wa.us>
>> > Action: failed
>> > Diagnostic-Code: smtp; Permanent Failure: Other undefined Status
>> > Last-Attempt-Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:19:43 -0000
>> >
>> > I understant tha a 550 is a deny, I just don't know were should I look
>> > or
>> > what to do in able to fix this issue. I should said also, that the SMTP
>> > address in question in being hosted at my agency domain esd.wa.gov)
>> >
>> > Thanks

0
Ben

Message appears as attachment
What would cause email messages to be received with a duplicate of the message attached in a plain text format? The senders haven't all changed some setting and I don't believe the receiver has either. Thanks, Cathy Restart Outlook to see if the problem goes away. If it does, then you most likely received a message that had the charset set to user defined. If you can find out who did it, ask them to switch to a known charset/encoding for their region. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Cathy C"...

Getting an error message in Web Access
When I go to web access, I get an error message as the page is trying to load. It says "unknown error 12031" How od I fix this? Hi - OWA is part of Exchange, not Outlook. Post this in an exchange newsgroup for more help - and include more info, such as your version of Exchange, version of Internet Explorer/browser, whether this happens to everyone, whether this happens to you while on the LAN, etc. sssphoenix wrote: > When I go to web access, I get an error message as the > page is trying to load. It says "unknown error 12031" > How od I fix this? ...

No Error Message wanted
If I fail to send this email I dont want to have the error message (SentObject) to show just accept it not sent...Thanks Bob Private Sub SendMailButton_Click() On Error GoTo ErrorHandler If Me.Dirty = True Then Me.Dirty = False End If Dim lngID As Long, strMail As String, strBodyMsg As String, _ blEditMail As Boolean, sndReport As String, strCompany As String '*****JK: Added 17/10/06 Dim msgPmt As String, msgBtns As Integer, msgTitle As String, msgResp As Integer Dim strFormat As String Select Case Me.tbEmailOption.value Case &...

Outlook anywhere certificate error message.
Hey everyone. I'm getting a certificate error when I attempt to use outlook anywhere on a laptop outside our corporate firewall. I'm getting the error because the host name on the certificate is set to the local host name of the machine ( computer.domain.local ). I understand that I should probably be using a Unified Communication Certificate, so I can have multiple host names, though the budgets are tight right now and I will not be able to purchase one for a few months. Is it possible to use my current certificate and somehow bypass this? You can put an entry in ev...

Message by changing one datafield if other fields are filled
Hello, In a database I have, for example, 15 datafields in a record. The first one is the AutoNr, the second one is what I called "the lead" and all the others are information. When I change "the lead" I want a popup 'only' if at least one of the information fields is filled with data. So (I think) I need a changemacro on the second datafield. The macro should do (I think)..... .) count the filled in datafields of the total datafields in the record. .) if the filled in datafields is more then 2 give a popup "blabla" Can somebody (please) help...

SMTP communication problem #2
We are running Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 server. Each day we have no problems emailing between literally dozens of different email addresses and users. However, with one particular user we are getting bounceback emails whenever we try to send them an email. The message reads: There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <local domain #5.5.0 smtp;554 <recipient email address>: Relay access denied> I have checked to make sure we are not on any RBL. Is there anything I can do on this end to fix th...

Action Failed message in Outlook
I installed Outlook as part of OFFICE XP Pro installation and I use Spambayes to filter the junk mail. I did a Windows Update yesterday and now I get an ACTION FAILED message when I hit "send and receive". When I tried to view TOOLS, ACCOUNTS, I was told I needed to reinstall Outlook. When I put the CD back in the machine and selected OUTLOOK setup (not the entire package) I was told the serial numbers weren't correct. I entered the correct numbers twice and got the same result. I then tried to uninstall Outlook and discovered under "add/remove programs" that I hav...

Exporting Messages
I am trying to export messages from my Outlook Express. I clicked on Export - it seemed to work, but didn't ask me where to save the file, and now I can't find where it exported to - to send it to my new computer. Thank you to anyone who helps ...

filter read confirmation messages
Hi, I always request read confirmations when I send emails. However they cause a lot of extra emails in my inbox. How can I make a rule to put read confirmations in a separate folder? (since I don't have to check them always, only when I doubt that an email is received) Thanks! ...

mail download error message
------------------------------------------- cliff2noronha[delete]@gmail.com cliff2noronha@gmail.com Friday, July 30, 2004 2:14 AM After a year of successful Outlook performance, I suddenly encountered the below error message and have been unable to download my POP3 mail from my comcast broadband cable ISP. All account settings are unchanged as before. I'm going nuts job-hunting without email. Please help me !! Internet E-Mail -- Some messages couldn't be retrieved from the server. This usually happens when the connection to the server is lost due to server or network pr...

Microsoft Office 2003
I received the following message from myself in outlook 2003. What is this all about? SUBJECT: Microsoft Office Outlook Test Message This is an e-mail message sent automatically by Microsoft Office Outlook's Account Manager while testing the settings for your POP3 account. Eric <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I received the following message from myself in outlook > 2003. What is this all about? > > > SUBJECT: Microsoft Office Outlook Test Message > > This is an e-mail message sent automatically by Microsoft > Office Outlook's ...

'have server reply using a specific message' rule
First let me apologize for just posting without reading the 3500 entries my reader found. If this has been discussed before I didn't find it using some simple search on the newsgroup. Anyway here is what I want to do: I'm trying to setup some rules that will take an incoming email with specific words in the subject, then with specific words in the body move it to subfolders and then reply back to the sender with a specific message. In this case we are having customers use a registration form. Once they register if they are not some spam locations we get filling out forms etc e...

Control ammount of addressees within a mail message through Exchange System Policies
Hi, Is it possible to limit the number of adressees within System Manager -- System Policies? We have some domains that are possibly being blacklisted from having too many recipients. -T in Global Settings, Message Delivery, Recipient Limits... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Nino_1" <facciabruta@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1140735442.105717.291190@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Is it possible to limit the number of adressees within System Manager > -- System Policies? > We have some domains that are possibly being blacklisted from having > too ...

SMTP connector /Queue question
I have an SMTP connector configured to relay mail to another Exchange server in a differnt forest/domain for any recipient that does not exist on my server. ie: All mail for company.com comes to my exchange server, if the recipient does not exist on my server, the mail gets sent to another exchange server where the recipient either exists, or the mail gets put in a default mailbox. My question is; if the other exchange server is down for say 6hrs, what happens to the relayed mail? What happens if the other server is down for 48 hrs? Will the mail sit in the outbound queue untill the o...

Outlook Express Error Message #5
I need help. I use outlook express to receive and send email messages. I continue to get error messages that say "Problem logging into your mail server-Password was rejected-Account'mail.comcast.net(1) Server:mail.comcast.net Protocol: POP3 Server Response ' ERR directory status' Bad Password Port:11 Secure (SSC) Server Error 0x800CCC90 Error Number 0x800CCC92 I have tried to change and reset my password through Comcast to no avail. Comcast say's it's a Microsoft issue? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. I have this problem too. I've tried all...

VBA help
Hi there, I'm not very good at VBA and would appreciate some help on an issue I need to resolve. The basic scenario is this: This is a workbook that tracks holidays for a department. Each individual has their own worksheet that is set up identically to everyone else's. There are a few other worksheets in the workbook that must be be ignored. The individual sheets will have data entered into them on an ad hoc basis in either of two ranges. The first, B17:D62, is a full block of data but the second, J17:L62 and O17:O62, skips two columns (M and N) in between. When a cell h...

Messages Delivered Twice
Using Exchange 2003, i receive emails sent to the global mailbox twice. Setup: catchallmailbox@ourdomain.com Configured as Global Mailbox with the following Routing Rules: person1 ---> Mailbox: person1 person2 ---> Mailbox: person2 etc, etc... If someone sends an email to Person 1 and to Person 2 (it doens't matter if they are both in the To:, CC: or a combination), those people received the email twice. Any ideas? Or are the routing rulse actually the cause? Julian Julian I am not clear about the rule. Are you "forwarding/moving" from the "catchallmailbox&q...

Is is possible to make Exchange 5.5 relay mail using SMTP?
I am currently in the process of migrating from Exchange 5.5 to 2003. I would like to have 5.5 send mail to other 2003 Exchange Servers in the orginization via SMTP rather than X.400. Is this possible? How can I accomplish this. Thank You. Why you do you need 5.5 to do that ? you can configure your Exchange 2003 to do that , you can confiugre SMTP connectors between your exchange servers to deliver internal emails if you don't want to you X.400. Regards Alaa Alian Al-Ankar Blog: http://ExchGuru.Blogspot.com "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Lost OE Messages
On XP Pro SP3, IE 7, OE 6 I am in transition mode for microsoft.public. Newsgroups. Had the Microsoft server and the Freenews Netfront server accounts. As some of my Microsoft server newsgroup were closed as of today I deleted my Microsoft server account. In my OE Message Store C:\Documents and Settings\x\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{AF183F5C-720B-4C22-B5B2-35F2D38D2B3B}\Microsoft\Outlook Express I now have some double entries in Folders such as Email.dbx 1683KB and Email (1).dbx 139 KB The Folder Email shows up but is empty. How do I find the messages?...

Message decode please.
Hi I can't send messages or log in on the "Windows Security" window. the error message that comes up is as follows:- Account: 'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR popgate unknown command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Does anyone know what this means and what I've done wrong. Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not ...

Unopened message sends autoreply when deleted
Recently I have been noticing that when I delete certain SPAM email messages without opening them, Outlook sends a message back to the sender announcing that I did not read the email (that I deleted without opening). I have "confirmations" turned off in Outlook 2002. These replies do not leave a trail in my "sent Messages" folder in Outlook 2002; I noticed it because my Norton email scanner was starting up and scanning this phantom reply message. At first I thought I was imagining this, but then in a couple of instances I received an "Undeliverable Mail" messag...

Outlook 2002 is trying to send messages off line
When I'm working off line and sending new messages, they're going to Outbox folder. Every couple of minutes Send/Reseive dialog box apears with the message inside: Task "Microsoft Exchange Server" reported error (0x8004011D): "The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists." I've checked all settings and have not find the way to fix this problem. Please advise. Sincerely, Gary On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:29:01 -0700, "Gary Uber" <gary.uber@pearlabrasive.com> wrote: >When I'm working off line and ...

Get Un-Friendly HTTP Error Messages?
MSIE8, Vista SP2 I'd like to see the NON-friendly HTTP error messages. However, clicking off the "Show Friendly HTTP Error Messages" off has no effect. I tried using the Reset feature, but it did not help. Ideas? Are you /sure/ you want to do this? I mean, they're not called 'friendly' HTTP error messages for nothing. Here's an example of a non-friendly error message: "How about typing the URL /correctly/ next time, you putz." (Try re-starting the browser after you remove the check mark. In any case, clear TIF before you go huntin...

item message popup should produce a BEEP sound
we are group of supermarket chain , we are running MRMS 1.3 version , item message pop up causing scans to be missed at POS , we require POS machine to make sound when item message pop up or no sound in barcode scanner symbol ls 2208 also would anyone send detailed sales report with cost & profit thanks Search for the recent thread on this topic: if you add a speaker to the PC, the popup messages do have associated system sounds, which you can customize to your needs. Marc "rizwan" <rizwan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2BBF18B-3CD9-4F80-862...

Retrieving a sent message
Much dispute about this with IT people. If you recall a message sent to an external address served by another server, do you get a responsive message as requested by the default to explain whether your recall worked. Do you get any indication of whether the recipient got the message and opened it (i.e. a failed recall?) All I can say, as an IT person, is that message recall works so rarely that I advise not bothering with it at all. It requires a very very very specific set of circumstances to work at all. And usually doesn't. john wrote: > Much dispute about this with IT peop...