SMTP #12

I have SBS 2003 running exchange 2003.
I want exchange to use the smtp server of my isp instead of using itself to
send email directly to the recipients.
How can I do this?

Thanks.

Go to the System Manager and at the Virtual SMTP server right
clic/Properties.
At the Tab Delivery go to the Advanced button and at the Smart box put the
SMTP server from your ISP. At the same Tab (Delivery) you will se another
button that says "Outbound Security". In this place you will put the
authentication if your ISP has.

--
Jorge Patricio D�az Guzm�n
MCP

"TechSupport" <tteecchhssuuppoorrtt@yahoo.com> escribi� en el mensaje
>I have SBS 2003 running exchange 2003.
> I want exchange to use the smtp server of my isp instead of using itself
> send email directly to the recipients.
> How can I do this?
>
> Thanks.

> This mailbox protected from junk email by MailFrontier Desktop
> from MailFrontier, Inc. http://info.mailfrontier.com

0
jdiaz1 (5)
3/23/2005 3:15:15 PM
Be sure to use brackets surrounding the IP address of your ISP, for
example:

[192.168.1.1]

Cheers,
J. Parker

0
prkrnt (26)

CD won't play 12-14-09
I'm trying to play an audio CD on my work computer. This is the first time I've done it. I'm getting visuals (the weird fractal things on the Windows Media Player screen) but no audio. I have been able to get audio from playing videos on the internet before. I tried downloading the AC3 codec, no success. Any help is appreciated. On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 10:21:01 -0800, Ginny <Ginny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm trying to play an audio CD on my work computer. This is the first time >I've done it. I'm getting visuals (the weird frac...

MAPI/SMTP Event Sinks?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C707CF.E4332410 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, We currently use GFI MailEssentials, on our perimeter SMTP relay, to = append disclaimers to all out going emails, we would like to also append = signatures to all emails, this would be a standard template, with = information specific to each user. However GFI-ME is not currently able = to add custom fields, and can only do from/to name, from/to email etc. = So I'm currently using a vbscript tha...

Sumproduct with conditions 12-10-09
Hi All, I have 3 sheets in my workbook: 'Data' contains raw data coming from Access, 'ByLocation' lookup the actual data by location from the 'Data' sheet, and finally the 'Model' sheet which sums all the locations data as one number. The data arranged by year/month/week/location/amount (LBs). I have a sumproduct in the 'ByLocation' sheet that matches the Yr/Month/Wk/Loc_Code in the sheet with the 'Data' sheet and brings in the actual LBs. I also have another sumproduct formula with an IF statement that sums all the actuals from ...

How to get outlook 97 to work with an SMTP/POP email service, not MsMail, PostOffice/Exchange Server?
How do you get outlook 97 to simply work with an ordinary SMTP/POP server? I have Outlook Express working fine, with the settings for account name, pw, etc, already put in and it works great (my O/S is XP Home). When I installed Outlook 97 it wouldn't deliver or receive mail, saying, "No Transport Provider". When I try to add a "Service", it seems to only accept the Microsoft Mail Postoffice as the source/destination for email. There seems to be no way to tell it to use an SMTP/POP protocol service. Tom Download and install the Internet Mail Enhancement Pat...

WLM Stopped Working 12-27-09
I'm running Vista Home Premium SP2. 2 GB of RAM, Firefox with scanners of MBAB, SuperAntiSpyware Professional, CCleaner and Spybot (installed yesterday). Was running fine then all of a sudden, after the most recent scan with Spybot my mail stopped working. The Spybot didn't find or fix anything. Here's the error message: Subject; `Re: Longhorn XMasEve 4 Martinis' Server: `smtp-server.cfl.rr.com' WLM Error: 0X800cc0E Protocol: SMTP Port 25 Secure (SSL): No Socket Error: 10060 Any help would be appreciated. I've tried rebooting my Linksys router an...

add hours flown last 12 months
i'd like to add the total hours flown the last 12 months(sheet: totals) counting from the last entry (sheet: logbook). See attachement.. Attachment filename: logbook.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=62816 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi not really sure which column you want to sum (looking briefly at your attachment). You may try to explain your problem in plain text (most people won't open an attachment) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > i'd like to add the total hours flo...

Cell Formatting #12
Entering a bank sort code into a cell i.e 16-00-04, however it keeps changing to a date range. I have tried converting the field to text and then change the format, doesn't work. I have also tried copying the format from the cell above and then overtyping it, this doesn't work. The only way I could get round it was to start the string with a '. Thanks for the help. Hi try formating the cell PRIOR to entering data in it as 'Text' >-----Original Message----- >Entering a bank sort code into a cell i.e 16-00-04, >however it keeps changing to a date range....

combining fields 12-08-09
I have a report that groups three fields together, 'conveyor type', 'conveyor name' and 'maint. records'. There are multiple 'conveyor names' and 'maint. records'for each 'conveyor type'. I have managed to group everything together that is repetitive (a lot of the 'maint. records are the same). So i have a report that has a 'conveyor type' heading with all the 'maint records' underneath very nicely. However I wish to list the 'conveyor names' side by side next to the 'conveyor type'heading. I ...

DBNS: 12, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0
we are gett ing this error in our Payables Tranaction Inquiry - Vendor of the Dynamics GP - The error is: The stored procedure createSQLTmpTable returned the following results: DBNS: 12, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0 has any one seen this message from this area of Dynamics? Thanks Dennis Dennis, found the following: This error can occur if the PM Keys are missing or corrupt. To resolve this error, re-create the PM Keys. 1. Make a full backup that can be restored to should undesirable results occur. 2. Have all users exit Great Plains. 3. Click Start, Click Programs, Click Microsoft SQ...

E2k3 OWA
Users have begun reporting a problem - from OWA they cannot reveal the smtp address of messages they receive from other Exchange users that have their accounts hidden from the GAL. They are able to reply to the messages, but if you try to switch to a cc or bcc it fails. From other clients (Outlook, POP, IMAP) it works fine - they can see the SMTP address. Is there a solution to this, it's quite annoying? I suspect this has happened after the latest patches, but can't be certain. -GT I suspect this is happening because of the way OWA queries the GAL (other clients use LDA...

Combo Box 12-04-07
Hi again I am trying to get a combo box (called "Combo119)in a form called Trip Entry, with 2 columns called "Customer Name" and "Customer Code" to save both in a Table called Tracking Table. Customer Code is a primary key. I went to the propery box under events, in the after update I entered the following: Private Sub Combo119_AfterUpdate() Me.Tracking_Table.Column(2).Value = Me.Combo119.Column(1) Me.Tracking_Table.Column(1).Value = Me.Combo119.Column(2) Please let me know what is wrong with it. -- Thank-you! Ruth Ruth "...to save both..." impl...

SMTP Server Blocked, Incoming External Email Not Arriving
Hello Newsgroup, We've had this problem happen twice in two weeks: No incoming external email is being delivered. Senders do not receive NDRs. In Current Sessions of our Default SMTP Virtual Server, there are 500 items (which happens to be the default limit). The sessions all go to the same domain name, which I'll call "domain", and I'll call their IP "xx.xx.xx.xx" They are listed as such: User From Connected Time mail1014.mail.domain.com xx.xx.xx.14 267281 seconds ...

Outlook SMTP dialog access
Is there any way in Outlook to view the full ASCII text of a received message and is there any way to view the SMTP protocol exchange that Outlook conducts with a receiving MTA? I have some problems of mail vanishing into the void and I urgently need to capture the dialog between Outlook and the SMTP server. Thanks - Lawrence ...

Outlook client error 12-20-04
One user is experiencing a problem with the Outlook client (web version is fine) (MS 1.2 Office 2003 XP security issue with hot fix installed). When opening Outlook and trying to access the CRM folders, he gets an error message saying that the server cannot be found. Cache has been cleared and the system has been restarted but still it doesn't work. Since he can access the web client, it is not because that he hasn't got a license. Is there anybody who knows this problem and how to solve it? We just went through this at my office. Here's what I would do, in order: 1) Clear ...

SMTP Servers...
Hi All, I recently posted a question regarding SMTP servers for AOL and then found out that AOL does not allow messages to be handled by third party (i.e. No POP and SMTP servers)! Now I have another ISP and would like to know if it is possible to receive and SEND mail from one mailbox that is not on my ISP. Both accounts are set up correctly in outlook I think, but when I send mail from the account that is not the default (i.e. not the ISP account) the message is barred. Can anyone help? I am running Outlook 2000 SR1 for internet mail only on Win2000. Many thanks, Pascal. &quo...

12.2.4 Update won't install

Install add-in with user defined functions 02-12-08
Hi, Looking for an easy way to make user defined functions available for any mdb to open in Access 2003. I thought: create and mda, write VBA code and use Tools - Add-in Manager. That doesn't work because of a USysRegInfo table ...? Do I realy have to go through that 'misery' or is a simpler / better way? Many thanks, Frans van Zelm ...

why i cant see smtp pop3 protocols
hi after i install exchange 2003 on windows 2003 server, i open "exchange system manager", the problem is 1- i can't open "first storage group" the text erroe is " THE ACTION COULD NOT BE COMPLETED BECAUSE THE MICROSOFT EXCHANGE INFORMATION STORE SERVICE IS UNAVAILABLE , BE SURE THE SERVICE IS RUNNING AND YOU HAVE NETWORK CONNECTIVITY TO THE MICROSFOT EXCHANGE SERVER " 2-and when i open "protocols" ,i see just X.400 protocol , there is no pop3,imapi4,smtp,http....protocols. any help!! Well, is the store available? On Sat, 15 May 2004 14...

Can't Open Outlook #12
I have tried so many "fixes", nothing seems to work. I'm using Outlook 2003 on a Vista laptop. Here's the error message"Unable to open your default email folders. The information store store could not be opened" I've tried, new profiles, uinstalling, safe mode etc. Any sugestions What we need to know is what information store you are using and how you configured Outlook to connect to it. We also need to know the steps that created this behavior. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ralph" <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Convert Text to Date 02-12-10
I have a text field with date like data in it but its text data. THe field [End_date] looks like 31Dec2009 - how can i reformat that so its a recognized date field that I can do calculations on? Ulitmately, I'd like the field to be 12/31/2009. Assistance is greatly appreciated. Not a VB expert so doing it in a query would work better for me. Thanks in advance!! Jeff -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 03:15:57 GMT, jfredel via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I have a text field with date like data in it but its text data. THe fiel...

Problem with SMTP
I have a client that is running exchange 2003 on SBS 2003. exchange was working fine. He installed a third party portal server and now, none of his mail is delivered to any of his mailboxes. If I look in the Que there is no messages waiting.for delivery. But none of the Mail is ever delevired to the inboxes of his users but it shows up in the sent items folder. Any Ideas? Check IIS. Exchange extends the core functionality provided by IIS for some critical functions including SMTP. My guess would be that a portal server would mess with IIS. You may be looking at a reinstall of IIS an...

CRM 3.0 installation ERROR 12-24-05
Hi guys, Server 2003, clean install with SharePoint Portal running with MSDE 2000. I tried to run CRM 3.0 Pro setup and I get this error screen: "Failed to find .NET 1.1 setup program." I have Framework 2.0 running and had registered Framework 1.1.4322 with IIS and is running that version, not 2.0. Any ideas??? Off hand it sounds like setup thinks .NET v1.1 is not installed and is trying to launch the installer from the CD. I would attempt to manually reinstall .NET v1.1 SP1 and try setup again. I know .NET v1.1 is supposed to be "built-in" to Server 2003, so I...

Date Format 12-11-09
I have been using the following macro to change "20100205" into a date format. Now I am also needing to change "10" to a date format so that I can have it show "Oct" in a given field. How can I do this? Sub DateFormat() Range("z2:z1000").Select Selection.TextToColumns Destination:=Range("z2"), DataType:=xlDelimited, _ TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False, Tab:=True, _ Semicolon:=False, Comma:=False, Space:=False, Other:=False, FieldInfo _ :=Array(1, 5), TrailingMinusNumbers:=True End Su...

CRM 3.0 Installation 12-10-05
I am trying to install CRM 3.0. On the implementation guide P.15-6, it shows the following steps. But after I have expanded the default Web site (step 3), I don't find the Reports item (step 4). What should I do? Additional Tasks Required if You are Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005 This procedure should be followed only if you installed Microsoft CRM on a Microsoft SQL Server running SQL Server 2005. It is not required if Microsoft CRM is on a different server than Microsoft SQL Server. Change the application pool for Reporting Services 1. On the Microsoft SQL Server, on the Start menu, p...

Forwarding SMTP e-mail to the internet
I have WIN2KSP4 Standard server with Exchange 2K3an the server is a DC. The Exchange server is running SMTP and I can send mail inside the domain fine. The problem is if I try to send a message to an outside domain the message sits in the queue and does not leave. The queue reports that it can not bind to the destinaion server in DNS. I have configured the external DNS servers in the queue properties and I have also tried setting a smart host. What am I missing? ...