Slow attachment retrieval time (Exchange 5.5)

I'm having a random problems with several of my users experiencing
slow retrieval time when opening attachments through Outlook 2002 sp2
(30 sec to a min). File sizes are small. Server side is Exchange 5.5
sp4 OS win2k sp4. Band width is not an issue as we have multiple T1's
and DS3's connecting centers. There is no real commonality w/ 3rd
party applications on users who are having issues.

Used perfmon to track things like CPU , network traffic and physical
disk. The only real bottle neck I see is with Read Write times being
extremely high and often. Server has 851 mail accounts with a 54 GB
private store. Store has not had a offline defrag in a long long time,
so I know there is a lot of white space and a defrag at this point is
next to imposable, not enough free disk space and cannot have server
offline for the amount of time it would take to complete. Disks are in
a RAID-5 config, 8 10k rpm disks are in the array. To me this sounds
like my problem. Is there any other things I should be looking at?
Anyone out there run into this?

Thanks in advance,

Shannon

How chart time scale x-axis with another date serie
Hello all. I have this problem, I will need to create this chart that I don't know how to. Serie 1 is below which needs to be time scaled Date Count 1/1/2006 12 1/2/2006 3 1/3/2006 5 2/1/2006 18 2/3/2006 4 2/18/2006 9 4/1/2006 18 7/4/2006 38 Serie 2 - needs to plot the three dates in serie 1's time scaled X-Axis with symbols. 1/31/2006 2/18/2006 4/2/2006 I will look something like you have a line of count on a time-scaled chart, with 3 dates point in the x-axis. Please ...

MSX 5.5: Import von Adressen in einen Verteiler
Hallo, ich habe einen 5.5 Sp4 Server und muss eine lange liste von email-adressen in einen Verteiler aufnehmen. Die email-adressen liegen mir als textfile im Format Name, Vorname, email-adresse vor. Kann ich ein solches Textfile irgendwie in einen Verteiler importieren ? Danke Steffen Meier schrieb: > Kann ich ein solches Textfile irgendwie in einen Verteiler importieren ? Hallo Steffen, schau mal hier rein: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=uJoyl4NwDHA.2396%40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl -- ..:Daniel Melanchthon:. Technologieberater - Exchange Server http://blogs.technet.com...

Error during Exchange Backup
Hello All, I am writing an application to backup and restore M.S. Exchange server programatically. I am using the Exchange Backup and Restore API and am developing the application in VC++ 6.0 on a Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Editioon. I am able to do the backup successfully but I am getting error in the function "HrESERestoreAddDatabase" during the resore. I am trying to call the function HrESERestoreComplete as follows: //<step 8> //HrESERestoreComplete CString strTempLocationPath; CString strTempLocationPath1; strTempLocationPath = _T("C:\\viraj\\exchangedata_b...

Can't Make Attachment
I just upgraded to outlook 2003 and now I can't drag and drop files into a new mail message; even though I can click on the paper click and attach a file that way. I had this functionality prior to upgrading to Outlook 2003. I am running Windows XP. Please advise if anyone knows of a setting for this or a registry fix. Thanks.........Jason Steeves ...

Most recommended Exchange book?
I was wondering if you guys could recommend me a good "must have" Exchange 2003 reference book to keep around the office. Something more geared for an all encompasing and easy to use reference guide than certification testing would be appropriate. Thanks! On Mar 13, 8:46 am, Chris Lukowski <ChrisLukow...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I was wondering if you guys could recommend me a good "must have" Exchange > 2003 reference book to keep around the office. Something more geared for an > all encompasing and easy to use reference guide than certificati...

Automatically redirecting profiles to a new exchange server?
OK old exchange server was SERVEROLD and new one is SERVERNEW (for arguments sake). The pc has lots of different profiles on it and I dont wanna manually change each profile to reflect the new server. Running Outlook 2002 is there a way to automatically do this? I believe I can use a prf file created using Custom Wizards from the Office Resource Kit and deploy this to do this for me. Can anyone give any more detailed info on how this can be done? Thanks <carlosvenegas@jellybeandesign.co.uk> wrote in message news:1132785375.328184.274520@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > OK ol...

control type
hi when im adding a new control attachment into a form , appears some other controls like ...controlname.filedata ,controlname.fileflag, controlname. filetimestamp ,controlname.fileURL etc.... whats all these , r these usefull and needed ? thanks This occurs only in Access 2007, and only for multi-valued fields. The example you gave is for a field of type Attachment. One record can have multiple attachments. In a query, you can get at the information within each of the items in the multi-valued field. For example look at the FileType to see if the attachment is a picture (e.g. JPG),...

Exchange Router / Deployment Manager
Hi, we have two diffrent issues with CRM 3.0. (But i think they belong togehter, perhaps?) 1. In Deployment Manager i can't browse the domain. (all windows are empty) But i can add users via web interface. 2. On the Exchange -> CRM E-Mail Router -> All users which i have added via Web GUI generate a "Failure" by locating the CRM Users with the Rule Deployment Wizard Thanks for your help! Have you managed to resolve this issue as we're facing the same problem. Any help would be gratefully received. Many thanks, Nick. "TN" wrote: > Hi, > &g...

Moving Email Domain off of Exchange #2

Send/receive #5
When I hit s/r in Outlook 2000, today it is giving me "Operation failed." I've done the troubleshooting detect and repair, checked settings, rebooted. I don't know what to do next. My account w/ Earthlink is current; I'm using dialup; I have Norton and had scan for incoming/outgoing which I've disabled and still not working. Any ideas? ...

Restore messages from Exchange database
Our SBS2000 crashed the other day without a backup of Active Directory. We now only have a backup of the exchange database (edb and stm files). The domain has been recreated from fresh and 5 computers were re-joined the domain. Exchange also were installed. Question: what would be the right way to restore the messages from the edb and stm backup copy? Thank you in advance! -jesk Jesk You'll have to recreate the Exchange org and do a restore. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/disrecopgde.mspx Unless you have a flat file recovery tool like Quest R...

Update Existing Purchase Orders with New Exchange Rate
Hello, I have existing Purchase Orders in Great Plains 8.0 were some of the line items have been received is there a way to change the exchange rate for the remaining line items and any new line items added? Thanks, Brian M. Database Administrator ...

How do I add multiple times together
Hi does anyone know how I can add multiple times togther and get the anser in hours and minutes. I have formatted the cell for time however when I atosum I keep getting an answer that is incorrect. Any help? Thanks D Maybe it was just a formatting problem. Try a custom format of: [hh]:mm Playhouse pm wrote: > > Hi does anyone know how I can add multiple times togther and get the anser in > hours and minutes. I have formatted the cell for time however when I atosum I > keep getting an answer that is incorrect. Any help? > Thanks > D -- Dave Peterson ...

xsd question #5
I am doing a bulk load and an element name in the xsd and xml is named differently in the database. I can NOT change the database field or xml. Can I do anything with ehw XSD? The field name in the db is "CaseType" <xs:schema xmlns="" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:sql="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:mapping-schema"> <xs:element name="Cases" sql:relation="PUCCASES"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="NbrOfCases" type="xs:decimal"/> <xs:ele...

received/not invoiced report #5
Hello: All things being equal, is there any good reason as to why an item would not appear on the POP Received/Not Invoiced Report one afternoon but land on that report the next morning? The item should have been on the report that afternoon. The client says that the receipt for the item had been posted, prior to that report having been run that first time. She, also, says that the report option used both that afternoon and the next morning were the same. Could it just have been a glitch in the system that prevented the item from showing on the report that afternoon? Thanks! child...

OWA slow performance via a Citrix Desktop ....
Hi all We have Users who access their mail via Outlook Web Access from an IE Browser sitting within an ICA Published Desktop. The performance seems variable to say the least. >From what I can see nothing gets loading to the Users Citrix Profile during use. Using OWA via a normal PC Desktop works fine performance wise. Any suggestions on how to improve the performance of OWA when using it through a Citrix Published Desktop.? Many thanks in advance .... Have you tried adding OWA to the Trusted Site list on the Zones page for Internet Explorer on your Citrix Servers? TAM I'm try...

How do I convert time (hh:mm) to value ($$) in Excel?
Would like to calculate cost of time. Eg. Cost for production down time per minute is $100. Says production doen for 3.5 hrs, what is formula shall I apply in order to generate the cost (in $$). =3.5*60*100 "ahfen79" wrote: > Would like to calculate cost of time. Eg. Cost for production down time per > minute is $100. Says production doen for 3.5 hrs, what is formula shall I > apply in order to generate the cost (in $$). =(3.5/24)*60*100 -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "ahfen79" <ahfen79@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Date/Time Displayed as 07/tt/jjjj
Hi, I'm new with MS CRM and just testing it. I have a prob with all date/time fields like described in the subject of this post. Timezone is set for all users Problem occurs in all date/time fields in the web application Anyone has a clue? Regards Jan As Administrator, go to Home > Settings > there is an area in there (can't remember what its called) that enable you to change default date/time format "JanScheider" <JanScheider@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1F22171-AEDC-4222-A8CE-3E333B0576CA@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'...

Run-time error '380'
Back in 2003 I created a macro for a form that was working fine. I haven't used it since but now that I need it, I get all these strange errors that I am sure where not there back in 2003 (e.g. I had to in include VBA in the following line: txtBirth.Value = VBA.Format(spnBirth.Value, "d-mmm-yyyy") Now my problem is with the code: spnDOE.Value = Date when I get a run-time error 380 that it could not set the value property. Invalid property value. Any ideas? ...

Outlook Express Problems #5
Question 1: I am creating an address Group in Express. I added about 75 addresses, and ... suddenly I see ONLY 50!! Where did the other 25 go to? What can I do to solve this? Question 2: I would like to enter a large number of email addresses in BCC. Is there a way to conveniently do this? In AOL you can apparently enter a bunch of addresses into CC:, with parentheses at start and finish. Can you do this in Express? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the...

Outook not sending pdf attachments
We are using a form print application called Reform. It converts a form such as an invoice to a pdf file and passes it to Outook to email. Outlook is receiving the forms ok and even sending the email and passing the sent email to the sent box. One can go to the sent box and see the sent email with the attached pdf file document. One can open the email and also open the attached pdf file. The problem is that some recipients receive the attached pdf file and others do not. Would Outlook be doing anything to the attachments to screen .... where some would receive the attachment ...

Exchange 2007: M-drive possible?
I tried to execute the ifsdrive script to create an M-drive for the Exchange stores, like in Exchange 2000/2003, but the M-drive does not appear with Exchange 2007. Does anyone know of a way to access the mailboxes in order to move messages out of and into mailboxes? Thanks Not sure if M: is still possible with E2K7, but it is much easier and safer to use e-mai client (like Outlook) to access mailboxes. Prem wrote: > I tried to execute the ifsdrive script to create an M-drive for the > Exchange stores, like in Exchange 2000/2003, but the M-drive does not > appear with Exchange 20...