SLL OWA on front-end server SP1

I'm setting up a new front-end OWA server at my organization. I
installed an SSL certificate and enabled forms-based authentication, and
I also set IIS to redirect to /exchange so users don't have to type that
  into the URL. Now, when I go to https://server I get to the proper
forms-based authentication login page. However, when I go to
http://server I get the other pop-up style username and password box,
and when I type in my credentials, I'm successfully authenticated.

I thought when you enable forms-based authentication it disables logging
in on http... On my other OWA server, if you go to http://server, it
would go to an error page telling you that you need to connect with
https, and I was able to modify an error page to redirect users
automatically. But I don't understand what's going on with my new OWA
server... It's like both forms-based authentication and the other way
are both working at the same time. How can I disable the non-forms-based
login?

Thanks in advance!
0
sumnerp (9)

I figured it out. I had to check the box to "require secure channel (SSL)".

Sumner Paine wrote:
> I'm setting up a new front-end OWA server at my organization. I
> installed an SSL certificate and enabled forms-based authentication, and
> I also set IIS to redirect to /exchange so users don't have to type that
>  into the URL. Now, when I go to https://server I get to the proper
> forms-based authentication login page. However, when I go to
> http://server I get the other pop-up style username and password box,
> and when I type in my credentials, I'm successfully authenticated.
>
> I thought when you enable forms-based authentication it disables logging
> in on http... On my other OWA server, if you go to http://server, it
> would go to an error page telling you that you need to connect with
> https, and I was able to modify an error page to redirect users
> automatically. But I don't understand what's going on with my new OWA
> server... It's like both forms-based authentication and the other way
> are both working at the same time. How can I disable the non-forms-based
> login?
>
> Thanks in advance!
0
sumnerp (9)

Changing WinRM service/server port
Anyone know how to change the server/service port? I've created a listener, but I think I need to change the WinRM client and server to use the new port... PS C:\> Set-WSManInstance -ResourceURI winrm/config/service/DefaultPorts -Value @{HTTP="6000"} Set-WSManInstance : The WinRM client cannot process the request because it is trying to update a read-only setting. Rem ove this setting from the command and try again. At line:1 char:18 + Set-WSManInstance <<<< -ResourceURI winrm/config/service/DefaultPorts -Value @{HTTP="6000"} + Category...

How to handle abnormal user disconnection condition from server?
I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2. I developed a simple network application to send message inter-clients and the number of clients also only a few persons ( about less than 10 persons ). I have succeeded in establishing server-client and client-server connection, sending and receiving messages from client. Now my problem are: 1. I need to send a message from a client to other client. How to know that the message I sent will be received by the correct user intended, not missed to other user? 2. How to handle the condition of unexpected user disconnection from server? E.g. : the user worksta...

Adding 2nd server in an Exchange 5.5 environment
Is there an easy way to move the IMS connector from one Exchange 5.5 server to another? I recently added a new Exchange 5.5 server running on Windows 2000( No AD). Now I would like to move the IMS connector so I can remove the original mail server from the network. ( The Original server is a dog) I have just started this process and the goal is to get my old P2 system out of the network and replace it with a much faster Dual Xeon box, then upgrade the new mail server to Exchange 2000.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... -- Dale I believe the correct process is to instal...

Outlook client connect to exchange server 5.5 problem
Outlook client connect to exchange server 5.5, i get the following message box: "The name could not be resolved. The connection to the microsoft exchange server is unavailable. All other clients are able to connect and resolve the mailbox name. I can't ping and resolve the exchange server from the problems outlook client. The problems occur after i run repair the w2k pro. can anyone help? EL can not ping... well start with basic IP testing. use ipconfig /all from a command prompt on the misconfigured client. Check for DHCP default Gateway - make sure it looks like a client t...

Last day of posting via Microsoft server
Well, I guess this is the last day of posting via the Microsoft server. http://www.teranews.com/ Your own free account ($3.95 one time setup fee) that allows posting or use public.teranews.com without an account (no posting & speed capped). You can use any standard news client you choose to read and post to any newsgroup. Or Google it: http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&q=microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion&qt_s=Search God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto:BillHughes@billhughes.com http://www.billhughes.com/jeep_bookmark.htm "D...

Create Expression from Func? (3.5 SP1)
Hello: Is there are way to create an Expression from a Func? I don't like cluttering up my method signatures with the whole Expression<Func<TResult, T>> type. I would prefer for callers to simply see Func<TResult, T> instead. I'd like to take a Func and create an Expression from it. Is that possible? Thanks, Travis Parks Jehu Galeahsa wrote: > Hello: > > Is there are way to create an Expression from a Func? I don't like > cluttering up my method signatures with the whole > Expression<Func<TResult, T>> type. I would ...

OWA 302 error for inbox
I have two 2003 (sp2) front-end servers that are in DMZ. We have had this problem even before installing sp2. We use Network Load Balancing. After login, during OWA tries to display Inbox, I get login screen on right pane, prompting me to enter user id and pwd. In IIS Logs I see 302 error in logs when accessing frontend-02 (please see below the comparision between frontend-01 and 02 ; frontend-01 is working server). Secondly, I notice in the logs, on frontend-02, under cs-username field, there is '-', whereas on 01 server i see the username, henry. Any reason wy? To view prop...

GP 10 and Terminial Server 2008
My customer is having issues with GP 10 sp4 and Terminal Server 2008. Whenever they are in one of the Navigation panes (Purchasing) and they choose an option in the navigation Pane other than the PURCHASING (ie VENDORS) they are kicked out of GP. Has anyone come across this? ...

SQL Server Reporting Services Reports in Access
Using Access 2007 and SQL Server 2008. Is there a way to display SQL Server Reporting Services reports in Access 2007? If so, links to documentation/examples would be appreciated. -- AG Email: npATadhdataDOTcom Hi AG, No,there is no compatible interface for converting SSRS report to Access 2007 now.You may consider first export your SSRS report to an Excel file and then embed an OLE object "Microsoft Office Excel 97-2003 Worksheet". If you only need the data, you can directly import data from Excel to your Access database. Best regards, Charles Wa...

2003 SP1 ADC running with Exchange 2000
Can you run ADC version 2003 SP1 even though all your Exchange servers are still 2000? This means that you have already ran domain/forest prep right? If so you can only run the 2003 version of the ADC. This is not recommended and could cause replication errors with Exchange/AD. Mark "BrianG" wrote: > Can you run ADC version 2003 SP1 even though all your Exchange servers are > still 2000? Correct, domain and forest prep has already been ran. Why can I run 2003 but not 2003 with SP1? We want to use the cross adminstrative group mailbox move function that came with...

OWA timeout does not work for every client
I set the timeout setting on OWA, i don't have any issues but i'm getting lots of complaints that users are getting logged of after 15 min. why does this happen with some clients but not all? thx ...

How to let OWA users to change their password ?
How to let OWA users to change their password ? On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 01:58:03 -0800, "Enid" <Enid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How to let OWA users to change their password ? There are quite a few steps but if you follow this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297121 carefuly, you'll be ok. Thanks for your information. Follow the document to enable the change password funcation, but got error when using IE6 w/ SP2 to do change password "error number : 5". It is so tricky if using FireFox, the password change is work. Any suggesti...

Access to Server
Hi All. I install CRM 1.2 in a Windows 2003 Server. From the server with a Administrator Logon and by the explorer, i access to CRM Administration without problems. If i use the Implemetation aplication or if i try to install the CRM Outlook, the message is: "The Localhost server is not responce" Thanks for a possible help. Hi, Can you do a 'nslookup' and 'ping' to the server name? "Rui Sousa" wrote: > Hi All. > > I install CRM 1.2 in a Windows 2003 Server. > > From the server with a Administrator Logon and by the explorer, i acces...

question about leaving messages on server
My husband and I have 1 POP mail account. I am accessing it from a computer in Virginia, where I'm staying with relatives. He is accessing the same account from California. I have my Outlook set up to keep messages on the server, but to delete them after 1 day (so that he will still get the messages, but the server won't get clogged). His email program, Eudora, is set up so the messages will be deleted from the server after he downloads them. Is there a chance I won't get some messages because he has his computer set up that way? (He downloads it 1st, then it gets deleted off serv...

upload form problem / server question
www.icingpictures.co.uk / win xp / frontpage 2003 Want to create a form with upload file form field - i read on this forum that the server type i use is important - it should be a windows type server with frontpage extensions - i currently use a linux server with front page extensions - do i need to change to a windows server? Thanks for taking a looka t my question. Joyce Yes, you must have a Windows Server, just like you stated you read. -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 --------------------------- "threademporium" <threademporiu...

One front-end server multiple back-end servers
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help with the following scenerio and make some suggestions as to an answer. We have 3 exchange AG groups. 1 AG group has 3 exchange servers in it, each located in it's own AD domain. 1 AG group has one exchange server in it, it's in its own AD domain. Thirdly, the last AG group has 2 exchange servers in it, both are in the same AD domain. 1 of these 2 exchange servers in the final AG mentioned is a front-end server, that should be supporting all the exchange back-end servers. The problem we are facing is that when a user from any of the ...

How can I open an attachment with a .pub ending in Office email?
S omeone sent me an attachment in Microsoft Publisher. I have Word and Office 2003. How can I open this document and not have gobble-de-gook? Thanks. Have your sender convert it to a PDF. There are free converters. If that is impossible send it to me and I will convert it for you. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mblc" <mblc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA15FE51-C732-4E94-A054-26A2970D9D93@microsoft.com... >S omeone sent me an attachment in Mi...

OWA Delegate to non-Exchange user?
Hi all, is it possible to delegate OWA access to a user account that doesn't use Exchange? If I try to set up a delegate from my Outlook 2003 client it requests a mail id rather that a login ID. I've tried giving the account permissions in AD U and C but test show that the pasword for the delegate isn't accepted when trying to log in to OWA. Could anyone advise please. Regards Graeme <graeme_smith77@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1132923835.303433.156340@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > is it possible to delegate OWA access to a user account that ...

Exchange server and POP3 access
Hi All, I am using Outlook 2003 and have to access an exchange server for work. I also have several POP3 accounts that I access. It all works pretty well, with one aggravation. When I want to send email through one of the POP3 accounts, I select it from the accounts button when composing the message. The problem is that it sends it through the exchange server account, though the return address is correct. I would like it to send the email through the account specified in the configuration for the POP3 account. Why this is an issue, is that the copy of the sent mail is stored in the s...

Creating an OWA access only user.
Hello chaps/ladies, The pointy hairs have asked that some one external to our organisation be given access to an email account within our organisation. So my thoughts were to create a user account and lock it down to prevent interactive access to any workstation machines in any way and only allow OWA access, this has prroven trickier than I first assumed. Does anyone have a quick guide going over best practices for this type of situation? TIA. -- Alex Griffin On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:26:11 +0100, Alex Griffin <nntpuser@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hello chaps/ladies, > >The pointy...

Re: limit numbers of connections to one server
hi there :-) my pop3 server is limited to 10 query per sec. and per ip. i have abou 16 mail-accounts on this server. the last 6 allways error with timeou or something. is there a way to limit the number of connections to one server i outlook 2002 on windows xp pro? thanks a lo - jazzy_ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message674073.htm Set your send/receive settings to consecutive mail checks, rather than conc...

Hotspots not translating correctly in OWA
We've migrating from Notes. I have various databases in notes that send messages that have hotspots; A piece of text with a URL underneith that will take the user back to the proper notes database/document. If I look at my mail message using outlook, and hover over the hotspot, I get the proper URL and clicking it will take me there; ex; http://NotesServer/NotesDatabase.nsf/O/a really big documentlink number...... If I view the same message through OWA, I get a completely different URL when hovering over the hotspot and it won't take me to the right place. ex; http://ExchangeCl...

Add printer W2K8 error 0x00000002 (Terminal server)
When i try to add a network printer or a local printer it fails with the folowing error: 0x00000002 We have 4 terminal servers and 3 are working fine only one gives this error. I already did the folowing: Removing the printer drivers at the server. Exporting the regkey print from a good working ts to this one. Copying al driver with printmig to the bad server. System information: Windows server 20008 Service pack 2 32 bits Terminal server If someone needs more information, just ask and i will give it to you! Thanks for all your help Kindly Regards, Alex van Duist ...

Incoming mail server problem: outlook will not save my password
Any help would be appreciated. I cannot get outlook 2000 to save my my password for the incoming mail server. Every time I start outlook, I have to manually enter my password. That has only been a slight inconvenience until I added an IMAP mail server. IMAP seems to disconnect itself on a regular basis so it is constantly asking for my password. I have tried everything I can think of to correct the problem including; reinstall the software, delete all outlook files from the C Drive and reinstall software. I know the software works. I test installed it on another computer and it...

New Exchange 2003 Server
I have an existing 2003 server running now. I will be migrating to new 2003 box soon, I have setup the new 2003 box and migrated my email account, but I am unable to send/receive emails. The migration is successfull, it populates outlook, but I get an error "unable to find object". I have put two rules in ISA 2004 one to allow incoming smtp and one for outgoing smtp. DNS entries are in place. Is there something I am missing, can someone please shed some light? Thanks, D When you say you can't send and receive emails, do you mean internally or externally or both? -- Neil ...