Show This Folder as an E-mail Address Book Is Dimmed

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C66ADA.58223750

I am an administrator of a network with 8 Windows 2003 servers SP1 and 1 =
Exchange 2003 SP2. Clients are running Windows XP/Office XP and Windows =
2000/Office 2000.=20

I want to share contacts with the rest of the company, contacts that I =
copied from another users Outlook 2000 to the Public Folders item. I =
want the contacts to be available in the Global Addresslist but in the =
Properties|Outlook Address Book the "Show This Folder as an E-mail =
Address Book" is dimmed. How can I get arround this? Any solutions?

Thanx
Gunnar Bega

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C66ADA.58223750

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am an administrator of a network with =
8 Windows=20
2003 servers SP1 and 1 Exchange 2003 SP2. Clients are running Windows =
XP/Office=20
XP and Windows 2000/Office 2000. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I want to share contacts with the rest =
of the=20
company, contacts that I copied from another users Outlook 2000 to the =
Public=20
Folders item. I want the contacts to be available in the Global=20
Addresslist&nbsp;but in the Properties|Outlook Address Book the =
"</FONT><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>Show This Folder as an E-mail Address Book" is =
dimmed. How can=20
I get arround this? Any solutions?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanx</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Gunnar Bega</FONT></DIV>

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C66ADA.58223750--

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C66A91.92D54390

when I've seen this, the way to fix it has always been to remove the =
Outlook Address Book from the Outlook profile, then re-add it, then =
select "Show this folder as an email address book" again...

--=20
Susan Conkey [MVP]

  "Gunnar Bega" <gunnar.bega@itg.nu> wrote in message =
  I am an administrator of a network with 8 Windows 2003 servers SP1 and =
1 Exchange 2003 SP2. Clients are running Windows XP/Office XP and =
Windows 2000/Office 2000.=20

  I want to share contacts with the rest of the company, contacts that I =
copied from another users Outlook 2000 to the Public Folders item. I =
want the contacts to be available in the Global Addresslist but in the =
Properties|Outlook Address Book the "Show This Folder as an E-mail =
Address Book" is dimmed. How can I get arround this? Any solutions?

  Thanx
  Gunnar Bega

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C66A91.92D54390

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>when I've seen this, the way to fix it has always =
been to=20
remove the Outlook Address Book from the Outlook profile, then re-add =
it, then=20
select "Show this folder as an email address book" again...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>Susan Conkey [MVP]</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"Gunnar Bega" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:gunnar.bega@itg.nu">gunnar.bega@itg.nu</A>&gt; wrote in =
message=20
  <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:uQ0dWmsaGHA.4292@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl">news:uQ0dWmsaGHA.4292=
@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am an administrator of a network =
with 8 Windows=20
  2003 servers SP1 and 1 Exchange 2003 SP2. Clients are running Windows=20
  XP/Office XP and Windows 2000/Office 2000. </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I want to share contacts with the =
rest of the=20
  company, contacts that I copied from another users Outlook 2000 to the =
Public=20
  Folders item. I want the contacts to be available in the Global=20
  Addresslist&nbsp;but in the Properties|Outlook Address Book the =
"</FONT><FONT=20
  face=3DArial size=3D2>Show This Folder as an E-mail Address Book" is =
dimmed. How=20
  can I get arround this? Any solutions?</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanx</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Gunnar Bega</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C66A91.92D54390--

0
sconkey (3059)

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C66B09.7B730110

How do I do it?=20
  "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> skrev i meddelandet =
  when I've seen this, the way to fix it has always been to remove the =
Outlook Address Book from the Outlook profile, then re-add it, then =
select "Show this folder as an email address book" again...

  --=20
  Susan Conkey [MVP]

  =20
[...]

<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>How do I do it? </FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"Susan" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com">sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com=
</A>&gt;=20
  skrev i meddelandet <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:%23TSJ1wsaGHA.4784@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl">news:%23TSJ1wsaGHA.=
4784@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>when I've seen this, the way to fix it has always =
been to=20
  remove the Outlook Address Book from the Outlook profile, then re-add =
it, then=20
  select "Show this folder as an email address book" =
again...</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><BR>-- <BR>Susan Conkey [MVP]</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><BR>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
    <DIV>"Gunnar Bega" &lt;<A=20
    href=3D"mailto:gunnar.bega@itg.nu">gunnar.bega@itg.nu</A>&gt; wrote =
in message=20
    <A=20
    =
href=3D"news:uQ0dWmsaGHA.4292@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl">news:uQ0dWmsaGHA.4292=
@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am an administrator of a network =
with 8=20
    Windows 2003 servers SP1 and 1 Exchange 2003 SP2. Clients are =
running=20
    Windows XP/Office XP and Windows 2000/Office 2000. </FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I want to share contacts with the =
rest of the=20
    company, contacts that I copied from another users Outlook 2000 to =
the=20
    Public Folders item. I want the contacts to be available in the =
Global=20
    Addresslist&nbsp;but in the Properties|Outlook Address Book the=20
    "</FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Show This Folder as an E-mail =
Address Book"=20
    is dimmed. How can I get arround this? Any solutions?</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanx</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Gunnar Bega</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C66B09.7B730110--

export/import Exchange mail
Please let me know if this can be done: 1. I have two Exchange servers running in different domains A and B 2. Server A has 10 users and have email and AD entries for these users 3. Server A is a new box and only has AD entries and no email in email boxes Is there a way to export the mail messages, and other records from the old Exchange mail boxes of the server A and then import it into the corresponding mailboxes of a new Server B? ibsys If they're in the same forest, the both Exchange servers should be in the same organization, and you can use the Move Mailbox Wizard. If they'...

Can I show a number like 1,935,674,923 as 1.9B?
I would like to reformat 10- and 11-digit the numbers (e.g. like 1,935,674,923 as 1.9B). Can this be done? Custom format: 0.0,,,"B" best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:262241F3-063E-4F97-B864-A629EC670112@microsoft.com... > I would like to reformat 10- and 11-digit the numbers (e.g. like > 1,935,674,923 as 1.9B). Can this be done? Dave, Use a custom format of #.#,,,"B" or 0.0,,,"B" depending on ho...

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Offline folder problems #2

Setting up a new e-mail account

Public Folder link to Excel File

Corrupt "Deleted Items" folder

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

Showing 3:54PM instead of 3:54:03PM

Doesn't show busy,when scheduling meeting
Hello I have a user, who has meetings scheduled and shows up in her Calendar fine. But, when she or someone else tries to schedule new meeting, invite her, it doesn't show her busy schedule. It indicates as if she is available all time. Secondly, when she edits the meeting and marks as "Out of Office", than it shows up as busy. Her Out of Office is Off. Outlook 2000 with Exchange corporate setup. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks ...

Duplicate E-Mail #4

OWA Calendar
Hello, Is it possible to publish a public folder calendar (that users currently make changes to in Outlook) to a web page? Does Exchange have some sort of tools to do this? Users could still make changes through Outlook and we would like to be able to display the calendar on our website. Thoughts? TIA, Jason "Jason King" <jasonk@bham.wednet.edu> wrote in message news:%230ps86yIFHA.2136@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is it possible to publish a public folder calendar (that users currently > make changes to in Outlook) to a web page? Does Exchange have so...