should I upgrade my AD to 2003 first

Should I upgrade my DC to 2003 first before exchange 2003 or should i
upgrade to exchange 2003 first?

0
none89 (807)

Doesn't matter.  The *only* thing that you have to watch out for if you are
going to upgrade your AD to 2003 first is the following:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314649 - Windows
Server 2003 adprep /forestprep Command Causes Mangled Attributes in Windows
2000 Forests That Contain Exchange 2000 Servers.

However, if you run the fix in the KB article, OR you run Exchange 2003
setup /forestprep, then this is not an issue.  From a functional
perspective, there are a few things added with 2003 AD, but if you are
planning on upgrading both within a short timeframe, I just wouldn't worry
about those.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"tony" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> Should I upgrade my DC to 2003 first before exchange 2003 or should i
> upgrade to exchange 2003 first?

0
Ben

Outlook 2003 irregular startup speed
On one recent installation of Windows XP Pro with Outlook 2003 and Norton Antivirus 1004 is very slow to start up in the morning (or after it has been sitting idle for a couple of hours) taking over a minute to open. After the original startup it opens and closes quickly for a while. Is this normal? Other stations with the same configuration never take that long to open? ...

how do i do adding and subtracting on excel
help Angela, may need more information on what you want to do, but =A1+B1 =5+5 -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "angela" <angela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2CE8405C-A82C-4E4F-8BF4-22121D79E1B6@microsoft.com... > help This is using a simple formula entered in cell A6 =sum(a3:a5) so now cell A6 will display the addition of A3 A4 and A5 similarly you could have a cell with the...

Moving Public folder in Exchange 2003
Hi, I can see on the following page: "http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3AdminGuide/048c8478-a2bf-4811-a6ec-d8a99719f4bf.mspx" that a PF can be moved within a PF tree using the system manager; 1- Does this actually launch a PF content move to a new location ? 2- If yes, can the new location be a new server in another administrative group ? 3- Actually what is the best way to move a PF from one admin group to another admin group, the goal is to consolidate and decommission the original servers ? Thanks, Luca. If you Rehome your Public Folder to anot...

Outlook 2003 not working with Exchange 2003
I'm doing an Exchange 5.5 to 2003 migration. I installed 2003 and used the Migration Wizard to copy over a few mailboxes. So far so good. I can access the mailbox in OWA no problem. However, using Outlook 2000 didn't work at all. I get "Unable to display folder". Someone mentioned that Outlook 2000 isn't compatiable with Exchange 2003, so I upgraded Outlook to 2003. Still have the same problem. As a test, I created a new empty user account and created a mailbox. Once again, I can use OWA no problem, but Outlook has the same issues. I've tried running "o...

Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 Migration #3
I need some advice on a proposed move to Exchange Server 2003. My network is described below: - Domain A (NT4) Exchange Organisation A Exchange Site 1 (Exchange 5.5, Site Connectors to Sites 2 and 3, Directory Replication Connector to Site 3) Domain B (Windows 2000 Native Mode) Exchange Organisation A Exchange Site 2 (Exchange 5.5, Internet Mail Service, Site Connectors to Sites 1 and 3, Directory Replication Connector to Site 3) Domain B (Windows 2000 Native Mode) Exchange Organisation A Exchange Site 3 (Exchange 5.5, Site Connectors to Sites 1 and 2, Directory Replication Connectors to Si...

the best candidate gets its first choice
Hi, I know this may be a bit tough but here goes my problem anyway... I had an establishment problem that I am looking for an excel solution. Say we have 3 departments. DeptA, DeptB and DeptC in a school. To accept students for the first classes each have various capacities. Say DeptA can accept 24 students while DeptB can only accept 20 and DeptC 22. When applying to the school, the candidates present 2 criteria + an exam result to be used by the admin to classify them to the depts. - Past school average (a number, max 10): say variable SA - School entrance examination result (a score max 10...

Excel 2003 (XP), automatic save documents
With the previous excel versions document one could have the file saved automatically every Minute if need be. Where is this function in Excel 2003?? If by error (and it happens too often) one closes a document without having saved it manually first, the entire 2 - 3 hour job could be lost, and there is no autorecovery file to be found either. Can anyone indicate me, if possible with print screens how this precious feature can be activated in Excel 2003? -- Many thanks, and have a good day Ursula A. That feature's not available in XL03. However, Jan Karel Pieterse has an add-in a...

Windows XP Upgrade Can't Start Money 2001
I utilzie Money 2001 from Windows ME & I upgraded to Windows XP Professional. When I attempt to start Money, XP does not recognize the format. What can I do to retreive my valuable lost information? How can I continue to use Money on XP? I would greatly appreciate any advice...MT Have you reinstalled Money? What exactly are the error messages that you are getting? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Mike Thomas" <mthomas84@sbcglob...

multiple Global Address Lists Exchange 2003
I have an environment with 2003 AD on 2 forests. One forest is housing user accounts and another is housing Exchange mailboxes with trusts between user and email domains. The structure is for multiple virtual companies so I need to hide all but the required GAL based on a group. As each mail enabled user has an account in both domains one for the user account and one as a mailbox resource, which user object needs to not have read access to a GAL to prevent viewing. The user on the exchange forest which owns the mailbox being used, or the user on the user forest that will actually be log...

Outlook 2003 - Exchange 2000
I am upgrading my mobile users to Outlook 2003 to get better remote performance for them. When I point the Auto Archive to the existing Outlook XP .pst file I get an error about the file being non-Unicode and that I should create a Non-Unicode personal Folder to hold the non-Unicode file. Can someone please point me in the direction of a how-to for this? I'm not sure exactly what I need to do here and why. This is the eeror I get when I try to set the Auto Archive path to the old Outlook XP archive.pst file: *Microsoft Office Outlook is running in Unicode mode against Microsoft ...

IMF and/or outlook 2003 junk mail?
Hi, Does the junk email filter in outlook and IMF use the same spam scanning features? If I have IMF on my exchange Server 2003, there is any advantage of using the outlook 2003 junk filter? The 2 tools used the same white list/black list. in the last weeks we have received far more junk mail than before! and all of these emails go to the inbox, in the past the same type of emails has been flagged by IMF, why IMF is less efficient now? There is any new way used by spammer? Thanks for your guides. Jerome. Hello J�j�, > Does the junk email filter in outlook and IMF use the same s...

Automatically adding additional rows
I am need of help on this as I have no idea if this is even possible in Excel 03. I am currently designing a spreadhseet that will be used to order supplies on a weekly basis. Sheet 1 is the order form while Sheet 2 has all the product info. While Sheet 1 has no problem pulling the info from Sheet 2 (via VLOOKUP), the approval person is making this request "Can you get it to automatically add another empty line at the bottom every time a line has info entered on it? Will the new rows contain the formulas from the previous rows?" I know I can make a large she...

Aventail client kills Outlook 2003
It seems that whenever I install and configure the Aventail Connect client (any version), a VPN software client, my Outlook no longer sees my Exchange server either on the LAN or WAN. This is with either RPC or TCP/IP configured. Not sure if anyone has seen this or what I should do to begin troubleshooting this. There is no documentation on the web, as of yet. Please help if you can! Thanks! Have you checked with your Network Admin or the provider of the VPN software? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching go...

Outlook 2003 + SP2 = CRASH
Hi, Here is the error : AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp:408f2937 ModName: msvcrt.dll ModVer: 7.0.2600.2180 ModStamp:4125339c fDebug: 0 Offset: 00036155 Each time I reply or get a mail Any help on this one ? * Thx C. ...

Outlook 2003 blocking Word, Excel attachments
Have been thru all the help and online help which specifically says it does NOT block MS products, but mine does. When you try to open an attachment it says it is blocked for security and only allows you to save it. Everyone in my dept. has installed it from the same install, and I am the only one. I have tried repair and reinstalling from same with no change. Any ideas? ...

Outlook 2003 asks for a floppy
We have been upgrading our users to Outlook 2003, I have an issue with one user, whenever he opens Outlook he gets a popup asking him to put a floppy in drive a:. Why is this occurring and how can I clear the issue. It doesn't stop him from using Outlook it is just annoying. Frank <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We have been upgrading our users to Outlook 2003, I have > an issue with one user, whenever he opens Outlook he gets > a popup asking him to put a floppy in drive a:. Why is > this occurring and how can I clear the issue. It doesn't > s...

Money 2003 Password Sign-In
Hi: When I click on Money 2003 shortcut I get a Welcome Password Sign-in. I have a Microsoft .Net Password that I use to sign in MSN Explorer and also Hotmail, but for some reason Money 2003 will not accept this password where I can continue to open this application. It does not ask for a User Name, but only a password. Any suggestions or recommendations will be appreciated. Thanks, ColTom In microsoft.public.money, ColTom2 wrote: >Hi: > > When I click on Money 2003 shortcut I get a Welcome Password Sign-in. I >have a Microsoft .Net Password that I use to sign in...

Outlook 2003 Send/Receive problems
I am running Outlook 2003 on Windows XP Pro. I have 2 email accounts set up. One is an Exchange 5.5 account. The other is a POP3 account. I have offline folders set up. I have set up the option to synchronize upon exiting. When I exit Outlook (while online), it goes through the Send/Receive dialog box, and there are no errors. But when I check my mail offline, new messages are not avaialable. I have made sure to check all folders that I want available offline. Even when manually hitting the Send/Receive button, it does the same thing. The only way I have been able to successfully syn...

Adding elements to combo box from database/mysql/
Hi. I get from mysql some tables. I want get available date from mysql and put it in combo box. Next I want chose this date from combo box. I have no idea how should I do it... :( Thx for help macieh "macieh" <macieh@nie.spamuj.poczta.nie.spamuj.fm> wrote in message news:cin68k$l0r$1@korweta.task.gda.pl... > Hi. > I get from mysql some tables. > I want get available date from mysql and put it in combo box. > Next I want chose this date from combo box. > I have no idea how should I do it... :( > > Thx for help > macieh I've never worked with MySql,...

ESM error
When I am navigating through the System Manager for Exchange 2003 on Server 2003, I get to the First Storage Group, and as soon as I try to view anything within that container, an error is displayed - "An unknown error has occurred" ID no: 80040d1b Exchange System Manager I just took this site over, and cannot view any mailboxes, etc within that group. This is nothing special as far as configuration goes. Full text indexing has not been run as far as I know. There is limited information on this error, and all relates to gatherer folders not matching the registry settings, but ...

exporting 97 to 2003
When exporting from a 97 database to excel 2003, formatting of date column is lost. Any suggestions? "Dianna" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >When exporting from a 97 database to excel 2003, >formatting of date column is lost. Any suggestions? What do you mean by 'exporting'? Excel 2003 reads Excel 97 .XLS workbooks directly. Are you opening an .XLS workbook last saved using Excel 97 in Excel 2003? What was the Excel 97 date format? Any chance that the windows date format changed and xl was using your windows date format in both pc's? ...

Outlook 2003 Outbox #4
I am using Outlook 2003 and when an email message is sent it hangs in my outbox until I click on the outbox folder or by just waiting for a minute or so then it will go. Anyone have any Ideas on what could casue this? Not without knowing your mail account type, connection type, and polling settings. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "redbeard" <csago@orscheln.com> wrote in message news:1142451813.559946.89580@j52g2000cwj.googlegroups.com... >I am using Outlook 2003 and when an email message is sent it hangs in > my outbox until I click on the outbox folder or by just ...

Undelivered mail with Exchange Server 2003
This may seem like a trivial (hopefully) question to all you experts out there, but im have just been introduced to windows/exchange server 2003 and i am confused. The problem: In my company here (v small) we used to get our email using POP3 from our ISP. Now the boss decided to get a server and i set up exchange to collect the email. I set up addresses for all the users here and email gets sent and received perfectly. However there are other emails that are supposed to be coming in that noone is receiving - eg emails addressed like 'sales@blah.com' and 'info@blah.com'....

Text boxes Excel 2003 change position in print preview
Text boxes and drawn boxes in a chart are in different positions in print preview and when printed. I have tried all combinations in format text box. The chart is on a page of its own. Sized with window does not help. It often has to do with how you set it to print. Sometimes I have to set up my chart to fill the whole page when you create it (100% size) before the printer gets it. Otherwise the boxes go where they think they need to and are not always correct. "James McCann" wrote: > Text boxes and drawn boxes in a chart are in different positions in print > preview ...

Outlook 2003 #132
When I try to set up the news button in Outlook 2003 I drag the news to go but it never takes. Any idea? -- I can be reached via email at joel@waxman.org ...