Shared mailboxes not working as expected

Hi,

We have a number of shared mailboxes that we have set-up within
Exchange 2003 (this is a new migration to Exchange 2003 & Outlook
2003).

To demonstrate, we would like Joe.Bloggs and Joe.Public (members of the
sales-team group) to be able to have access to all Emails sent to
themselves and also all mails sent to Sales@domain.com.

They should also be able to send mails that look as if they are coming
from sales@domain.com.

So what I have done is created a User called sales in ADUC and allowed
it to create an Exchange mailbox with an SMTP address of
sales@domain.local and a primary address of sales@domain.com.

Then I have given the sales-team group 'Full Mailbox Access' by
following this Microsoft procedure:-

https://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/WorkingE2k3Store/84d6d35d-14de-4eec-bd07-f5f167c5676d.mspx?mfr=true

This seems to work and means that the user can then add this mailbox to
their Outlook and can see all Email folders for the shared mailbox.

Then I followed this procedure:-

https://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/WorkingE2k3Store/fe474de0-b0e4-48a0-aec1-dcd9fcb4a53c.mspx?mfr=true

This was to give the sales-team group 'Send As' permissions on the
sales mailbox.

This didn't work and someone else pointed me to this revised
procedure:-

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2005/01/07/348596.aspx

I have tried this and it also doesn't appear to work.

What I try and do is put 'sales@domain.com' in the 'From' field and
send from Joe.Bloggs mailbox.

When I try this, I get the message:-

'You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the
specified user'

The only way I seem to be able to get round this is to give the sales
team delegate rights.

However, then when Joe.Bloggs sends a message - in Outlook 2003 the
sender is listed as Joe Bloggs on behalf of Sales.

>From an external web address, it shows as coming from Sales, but a
quick glance at the mail header lists Joe.Bloggs@domain.com.

We really want to hide the Joe.Bloggs Email.

I'm sure I have had this working on previous systems but I just can't
seem to work out what I'm doing wrong.....

Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated.



Jon

0
11/9/2006 11:47:10 AM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

5 Replies
458 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 41

As long as you have correctly configured the 'Send As' rights:


You must select the user by clicking on the From Field button and selecting 
the user from the GAL.

 Oliver 


0
o.moazzeziNO (822)
11/9/2006 12:19:22 PM
Are you being patient?  Permissions settings can take up to two hours to 
take effect.  Consider implementing this registry change to make this number 
something like 15 minutes:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;179065

-- 
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange
"Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"

<jon.scriven.removethispart@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:1163072830.029164.101870@h54g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Hi,
>
> We have a number of shared mailboxes that we have set-up within
> Exchange 2003 (this is a new migration to Exchange 2003 & Outlook
> 2003).
>
> To demonstrate, we would like Joe.Bloggs and Joe.Public (members of the
> sales-team group) to be able to have access to all Emails sent to
> themselves and also all mails sent to Sales@domain.com.
>
> They should also be able to send mails that look as if they are coming
> from sales@domain.com.
>
> So what I have done is created a User called sales in ADUC and allowed
> it to create an Exchange mailbox with an SMTP address of
> sales@domain.local and a primary address of sales@domain.com.
>
> Then I have given the sales-team group 'Full Mailbox Access' by
> following this Microsoft procedure:-
>
> https://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/WorkingE2k3Store/84d6d35d-14de-4eec-bd07-f5f167c5676d.mspx?mfr=true
>
> This seems to work and means that the user can then add this mailbox to
> their Outlook and can see all Email folders for the shared mailbox.
>
> Then I followed this procedure:-
>
> https://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/WorkingE2k3Store/fe474de0-b0e4-48a0-aec1-dcd9fcb4a53c.mspx?mfr=true
>
> This was to give the sales-team group 'Send As' permissions on the
> sales mailbox.
>
> This didn't work and someone else pointed me to this revised
> procedure:-
>
> http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2005/01/07/348596.aspx
>
> I have tried this and it also doesn't appear to work.
>
> What I try and do is put 'sales@domain.com' in the 'From' field and
> send from Joe.Bloggs mailbox.
>
> When I try this, I get the message:-
>
> 'You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the
> specified user'
>
> The only way I seem to be able to get round this is to give the sales
> team delegate rights.
>
> However, then when Joe.Bloggs sends a message - in Outlook 2003 the
> sender is listed as Joe Bloggs on behalf of Sales.
>
>>From an external web address, it shows as coming from Sales, but a
> quick glance at the mail header lists Joe.Bloggs@domain.com.
>
> We really want to hide the Joe.Bloggs Email.
>
> I'm sure I have had this working on previous systems but I just can't
> seem to work out what I'm doing wrong.....
>
> Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated.
>
>
>
> Jon
> 


0
curspice6401 (3487)
11/9/2006 5:52:05 PM
Hi Ed,

You nailed it.  It was working all along.  I just didn't have the
patience!


Jon


Ed Crowley [MVP] wrote:

> Are you being patient?  Permissions settings can take up to two hours to
> take effect.  Consider implementing this registry change to make this number
> something like 15 minutes:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;179065
>
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
> "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"
>
> <jon.scriven.removethispart@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1163072830.029164.101870@h54g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > We have a number of shared mailboxes that we have set-up within
> > Exchange 2003 (this is a new migration to Exchange 2003 & Outlook
> > 2003).
> >
> > To demonstrate, we would like Joe.Bloggs and Joe.Public (members of the
> > sales-team group) to be able to have access to all Emails sent to
> > themselves and also all mails sent to Sales@domain.com.
> >
> > They should also be able to send mails that look as if they are coming
> > from sales@domain.com.
> >
> > So what I have done is created a User called sales in ADUC and allowed
> > it to create an Exchange mailbox with an SMTP address of
> > sales@domain.local and a primary address of sales@domain.com.
> >
> > Then I have given the sales-team group 'Full Mailbox Access' by
> > following this Microsoft procedure:-
> >
> > https://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/WorkingE2k3Store/84d6d35d-14de-4eec-bd07-f5f167c5676d.mspx?mfr=true
> >
> > This seems to work and means that the user can then add this mailbox to
> > their Outlook and can see all Email folders for the shared mailbox.
> >
> > Then I followed this procedure:-
> >
> > https://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/WorkingE2k3Store/fe474de0-b0e4-48a0-aec1-dcd9fcb4a53c.mspx?mfr=true
> >
> > This was to give the sales-team group 'Send As' permissions on the
> > sales mailbox.
> >
> > This didn't work and someone else pointed me to this revised
> > procedure:-
> >
> > http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2005/01/07/348596.aspx
> >
> > I have tried this and it also doesn't appear to work.
> >
> > What I try and do is put 'sales@domain.com' in the 'From' field and
> > send from Joe.Bloggs mailbox.
> >
> > When I try this, I get the message:-
> >
> > 'You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the
> > specified user'
> >
> > The only way I seem to be able to get round this is to give the sales
> > team delegate rights.
> >
> > However, then when Joe.Bloggs sends a message - in Outlook 2003 the
> > sender is listed as Joe Bloggs on behalf of Sales.
> >
> >>From an external web address, it shows as coming from Sales, but a
> > quick glance at the mail header lists Joe.Bloggs@domain.com.
> >
> > We really want to hide the Joe.Bloggs Email.
> >
> > I'm sure I have had this working on previous systems but I just can't
> > seem to work out what I'm doing wrong.....
> >
> > Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated.
> >
> >
> >
> > Jon
> >

0
11/10/2006 4:50:00 PM
Sorry, forgot to say THANK YOU! in my previous post.


Ed Crowley [MVP] wrote:

> Are you being patient?  Permissions settings can take up to two hours to
> take effect.  Consider implementing this registry change to make this number
> something like 15 minutes:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;179065
>
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
> "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"
>
> <jon.scriven.removethispart@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1163072830.029164.101870@h54g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > We have a number of shared mailboxes that we have set-up within
> > Exchange 2003 (this is a new migration to Exchange 2003 & Outlook
> > 2003).
> >
> > To demonstrate, we would like Joe.Bloggs and Joe.Public (members of the
> > sales-team group) to be able to have access to all Emails sent to
> > themselves and also all mails sent to Sales@domain.com.
> >
> > They should also be able to send mails that look as if they are coming
> > from sales@domain.com.
> >
> > So what I have done is created a User called sales in ADUC and allowed
> > it to create an Exchange mailbox with an SMTP address of
> > sales@domain.local and a primary address of sales@domain.com.
> >
> > Then I have given the sales-team group 'Full Mailbox Access' by
> > following this Microsoft procedure:-
> >
> > https://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/WorkingE2k3Store/84d6d35d-14de-4eec-bd07-f5f167c5676d.mspx?mfr=true
> >
> > This seems to work and means that the user can then add this mailbox to
> > their Outlook and can see all Email folders for the shared mailbox.
> >
> > Then I followed this procedure:-
> >
> > https://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/WorkingE2k3Store/fe474de0-b0e4-48a0-aec1-dcd9fcb4a53c.mspx?mfr=true
> >
> > This was to give the sales-team group 'Send As' permissions on the
> > sales mailbox.
> >
> > This didn't work and someone else pointed me to this revised
> > procedure:-
> >
> > http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2005/01/07/348596.aspx
> >
> > I have tried this and it also doesn't appear to work.
> >
> > What I try and do is put 'sales@domain.com' in the 'From' field and
> > send from Joe.Bloggs mailbox.
> >
> > When I try this, I get the message:-
> >
> > 'You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the
> > specified user'
> >
> > The only way I seem to be able to get round this is to give the sales
> > team delegate rights.
> >
> > However, then when Joe.Bloggs sends a message - in Outlook 2003 the
> > sender is listed as Joe Bloggs on behalf of Sales.
> >
> >>From an external web address, it shows as coming from Sales, but a
> > quick glance at the mail header lists Joe.Bloggs@domain.com.
> >
> > We really want to hide the Joe.Bloggs Email.
> >
> > I'm sure I have had this working on previous systems but I just can't
> > seem to work out what I'm doing wrong.....
> >
> > Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated.
> >
> >
> >
> > Jon
> >

0
11/10/2006 4:59:00 PM
You're welcome.  Happy to have helped.
-- 
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange
"Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"

<jon.scriven.removethispart@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:1163177940.663910.173050@h54g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Sorry, forgot to say THANK YOU! in my previous post.
>
>
> Ed Crowley [MVP] wrote:
>
>> Are you being patient?  Permissions settings can take up to two hours to
>> take effect.  Consider implementing this registry change to make this 
>> number
>> something like 15 minutes:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;179065
>>
>> --
>> Ed Crowley
>> MVP - Exchange
>> "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"
>>
>> <jon.scriven.removethispart@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:1163072830.029164.101870@h54g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > We have a number of shared mailboxes that we have set-up within
>> > Exchange 2003 (this is a new migration to Exchange 2003 & Outlook
>> > 2003).
>> >
>> > To demonstrate, we would like Joe.Bloggs and Joe.Public (members of the
>> > sales-team group) to be able to have access to all Emails sent to
>> > themselves and also all mails sent to Sales@domain.com.
>> >
>> > They should also be able to send mails that look as if they are coming
>> > from sales@domain.com.
>> >
>> > So what I have done is created a User called sales in ADUC and allowed
>> > it to create an Exchange mailbox with an SMTP address of
>> > sales@domain.local and a primary address of sales@domain.com.
>> >
>> > Then I have given the sales-team group 'Full Mailbox Access' by
>> > following this Microsoft procedure:-
>> >
>> > https://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/WorkingE2k3Store/84d6d35d-14de-4eec-bd07-f5f167c5676d.mspx?mfr=true
>> >
>> > This seems to work and means that the user can then add this mailbox to
>> > their Outlook and can see all Email folders for the shared mailbox.
>> >
>> > Then I followed this procedure:-
>> >
>> > https://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/WorkingE2k3Store/fe474de0-b0e4-48a0-aec1-dcd9fcb4a53c.mspx?mfr=true
>> >
>> > This was to give the sales-team group 'Send As' permissions on the
>> > sales mailbox.
>> >
>> > This didn't work and someone else pointed me to this revised
>> > procedure:-
>> >
>> > http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2005/01/07/348596.aspx
>> >
>> > I have tried this and it also doesn't appear to work.
>> >
>> > What I try and do is put 'sales@domain.com' in the 'From' field and
>> > send from Joe.Bloggs mailbox.
>> >
>> > When I try this, I get the message:-
>> >
>> > 'You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the
>> > specified user'
>> >
>> > The only way I seem to be able to get round this is to give the sales
>> > team delegate rights.
>> >
>> > However, then when Joe.Bloggs sends a message - in Outlook 2003 the
>> > sender is listed as Joe Bloggs on behalf of Sales.
>> >
>> >>From an external web address, it shows as coming from Sales, but a
>> > quick glance at the mail header lists Joe.Bloggs@domain.com.
>> >
>> > We really want to hide the Joe.Bloggs Email.
>> >
>> > I'm sure I have had this working on previous systems but I just can't
>> > seem to work out what I'm doing wrong.....
>> >
>> > Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > Jon
>> >
> 


0
curspice6401 (3487)
11/12/2006 8:35:59 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Old VB Project doesn't work with New Office or Windows 7
Is there anyone that can recommend a solution to 'fix' an old VB application? It's a report card program that uses a Word template and fills in the word document from this .exe file created in VB. I have no idea how to debug as I am not the one who programmed it nor do I know antything more than beginner basic. It appears to be a very simple program and the folder consists of a few .bas files, .frx, and .frm files. I downloaded Visual Studio Pro to debug the .exe file, but I don't know where to begin. Problem: The program asks you to open the word document(Whi...

Crystal Reports for VS Web Application doesn't work
Hello everybody. I migrated project from va 2003 to vs 2008.So everything works fine except reports.So in vs 2003 i do the same things and it works but in 2008 vs it dont want to initialise object of report.What can i do? Thank you url:http://www.ureader.com/gp/1417-1.aspx ...

shared workbook keeps locking and "unsharing"
We have a booking sheet on Excel, on a network shared drive. The workbook is shared, but every now and then it changes to exclusive use. We don't think anyone is doing it intentionally, but why is it happening?? =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXJAVEdT?= <Peter@TGS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:D9D8D734-9E3B-4454-B62F-04D826D59EE7@microsoft.com: > We have a booking sheet on Excel, on a network shared drive. The > workbook is shared, but every now and then it changes to exclusive > use. We don't think anyone is doing it intentionally, but why is it > happening?? > ...

How does the PASTE.SPECIAL function work?
I'm working on a macro and I need to Paste values only for a range. I can't get the help file for macros for some reason. I guess I just need to know the propper syntax for that function if anyone knows. I'm using Excel 2002. "Curt" <Curt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3D63B73A-A202-44B5-9A5B-5780915668FE@microsoft.com... > I'm working on a macro and I need to Paste values only for a range. I > can't > get the help file for macros for some reason. I guess I just need to know > the propper syntax for that function if a...

One Outlook Mailbox, two Machines...
Is there any way to access one PST file from two machines? My wife wants a computer, but we share email addresses... Is IMAP the only way to do this? Derek On 29 Apr 2004 15:17, "DS" <JohnDoe@Microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there any way to access one PST file from two machines? > >My wife wants a computer, but we share email addresses... > >Is IMAP the only way to do this? > >Derek You can just put the .PST on a network drive that is shared, but only one of you will be able to access it at once. I'm afraid there really isn't any good way around t...

Age limit on individual mailbox
Hello, Is there any way we can implement 'age limit' on individual account? I'd like to set up our postmaster's mailbox to automatically delete everything older than 7 days. I know I could do this for public folder but I was not able to find anything for individual mailbox. Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help! - Jon http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF012.html On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 09:25:08 -0800, Jon <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Is there any way we can implement 'age limit' on individual ac...

Mailbox Auditing
I am running Exchange 2003 SP1 and there is suspicion in the company that someone is accessing another users mailbox. I need to perform some sort of auditing to see who has accessed a users mailbox. Is this possible? Hi, yes you can active "diagnostics" in the properties of the Exchange server, on the service MsExchangeIS\mailbox (logons, Access Control,...). Bye. -- Thierry DEMAN-BARCEL´┐Ż MVP Exchange, SQL/Server MCSE+M,MCSE+I,MCDBA,MCSA+S http://webfamilial.dyndns.org http://faqexchange.dyndns.org "Network Admin" <Network Admin@discussions.microsoft.com> a...

OWA works slow
I recently rebuilt my bridgehead server , since then my owa clients are complinaing that the autnication and log off process is very slow through owa. I checked the registry on the owa server and changed all entries related to the old server. But i still have the same problem. Is there any other setting i need to look for. thanks. ...

Autocorrect not working #2
Outlook 2003. I have autocorrect turned on and also correct while typing and it doesn't work. I am not using word as my email editor and I have checked use autocorrect when word is not the default editor. Messages are created in HTML, not plain text or rich text. Can anyone help? Colin ...

Downloading file from Unix not working
I am trying to download a file from a Unix server to my Windows platform and the file is not being downloaded. My code is shown below: FtpWebRequest request = (FtpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(ftpsite); request.AuthenticationLevel = System.Net.Security.AuthenticationLevel.None; request.Credentials = new NetworkCredential(UserID, UserPassword); request.Method = WebRequestMethods.Ftp.DownloadFile; FtpWebResponse response = (FtpWebResponse)request.GetResponse(); Message.Text = response.StatusDescription; response.Close(); The variable ftpsite is set to an ftp address such as "...

How do I set up Outlook XP to work with my email account(s)?
I have three email accounts I want to use on Outlook. Can anyone help me, please? "=?Utf-8?B?cmljeWdhc2tpbnMyMDA0MjAwMA==?=" <ricygaskins20042000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:94981598-2F52-4165-99B5-A204A569D422@microsoft.com: > I have three email accounts I want to use on Outlook. Can anyone help > me, please? > You'll have to be a lot more specific about what you want. What kind of e- mail accounts? Generally speaking if you go to Tools | E-mail Accounts you can use the wizard there to add a new e-mail account to Outlook. -- Aloha, -Ben- B...

problem: Failed to create the mailbox
We recently encountered a problem: we cannot create new mailboxes on MSExchange 2000. "Failed to create the mailbox of /O=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/OU=xxxxxxxxxxx/cn=xxxxxxxxx/cn=testmail with error 0x8004010f. " In active directory everything goes OK, user gets mailaddress, we can set properies on that as usual. When we send the first mail however, the applicaton log generates above error. (also In Exchange SystemAdministrator, the mailbox is not visible) I found no references to this error... Hope somebody knows the answer to this one. Peter I am having same problem, When I create new ...

Duplicate mailbox created after ADMT
I have an interesting issue. We have 4 domains (1 forest). When I run User Account ADMT from one domain to another (intradomain), sometimes, it will create a duplicate mailbox on the first storage group. My question is, how would you try to troubleshoot this? As for the fix, all I had to do was delete the mailbox that is attached to the user account, then reconnect the valid mailbox to the user account. But, I should really try to fix the root cause of this issue, but I do not know where to begin the troubleshooting. Any tips or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

Domain Admin access to Mailboxes
Is there a way that members of the Domain/Enterprise Admins group can be restricted from not only accessing other users' mailbox folders, but also from being able to grant themselves access to those folders? Thanks! -db No. Admins can do pretty much anything they want. Enable auditing, don't let anyone have the default domain admin password, give each admin their own regular user account for everyday use, and an admin-equivalent account for occasions where it's needed. Force complex passwords and regular password changes. And, of course, hire only admins you trust. Dave B. w...

How to make VLOOKUP work for this
I have a "master" spreadsheet where column A is a time column and every row represents a second (in plain text format) such as 00:00, 00:01, 00:02.... 00:59:, 01:00, 01:01, 01:02,... and continues on for 24 minutes... 23:59, 24:00. (1442 rows). Off to the side (I'm thinking of putting it on another sheet though) I have a small table where I'll enter the time and corresponding data I need populated in Column B, and will look something like the following example; My question(s) are, is the VLOOKUP function the best way to populate column B with the values? It's ...

Mailbox name not changing
Hi there, Found a user recently with an incorrect mailbox name and tracked it back to the AD object having the incorrect surname. This was then changed but the mailbox did not update unless we did it manually by re-resolving her login through profile settings etc Is there anyway of setting this up as an automatic process? Many thanks, On 16 Nov 2006 04:50:05 -0800, "stuartmackillop@googlemail.com" <stuartmackillop@googlemail.com> wrote: >Hi there, > >Found a user recently with an incorrect mailbox name and tracked it >back to the AD object having the incorrec...

most reports not working
Here's the scoop. They used to work fine. I didn't use money for many months. I just entered 9 months worth of data by hand. I try to run reports and almost all of them simply say that they're loading, but they don't ever load. HELP?????!!!! did you check the reports often while entering data. at least after entering each month. might be some data you entered. >-----Original Message----- >Here's the scoop. They used to work fine. I didn't use >money for many months. I just entered 9 months worth of >data by hand. I try to run reports and al...

shared calendars and calendar views
I noticed that when I open Outlook on a new computer any shared calendars I had open on the old computer still show up on the new one. Can someone tell me where that is stored? It seems like it would have to be on the server but I don't see where. Also, I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue where a user who keeps both her own calendar and her boss's calendar open is having it always revert to weekly view even though she keeps changing it to daily view? I've tried removing and recreating her profile in Outlook, which seems to fix the problem for awhile, but then it com...

Format decimal controls do not work
e are using new computers with a newer version of excel---our existing programs work fine, except we cannot control number formatting from either the format cell box or the taskbar decimal control. We simply want to kill the decimal places, but it will not allow this. Also when you click on the format cell option you have to do so 3-6 times as it keeps going to the font subscreen rather than the main screen. Otherwise the program works fine and displays everything designed in an earlier version of Excell without problems Jim - Try Tools, Options, Edit and see if Fixed Decimal and Place...

How to revoke calender sharing
I am using Outlook 2007. I remembered that I had shared my calendar to some peoples, but I forgot who. Now I want to review my sharing and removke some of them. Just don't know how to do it though I searched through the menus. Can anyone please help? Thanks. -- Life is the only flaw in an otherwise perfect nonexistence -- Schopenhauer narke ...

CEO wants to consolidate mail from 3 seperate mailboxes
My company owns several subsidiaries. My CEO wants to consolidate mail from three seperate mailboxes into one. He has three seperate mailboxes on three seperate Exchange servers in different organizations. Would forwarding work in this case? Maybe a 3rd party product. Thanks for bailing me out! If the mail users are sitting on the same Exchange Organisation then it's a matter of coping the mail to one mail box and removing two others. If they are not on same Org then create your CEO mail box as Customer Receipent on the servers than need to forward. Another option if there is 3 sepera...

Office 2003 standard upgrade on NEW Windows 7 w/ works installed
OK - I give up - can I buy a vowel ? I bought 2 really nice new computers - running Windows 7 64 bit - they are HP's and have Works 9 pre-installed. I purchased the Office Standard 2003 upgrade for my previous computer which installed just fine - 2003 upgrade says Works is a qualified product for the upgrade. When trying to install it on my new computer it sys it can't find a Office 97, 2000, XP. I have uninstalled the trial version of Office 2007 and the 2007 compatibility pack - but I just can't seem to get it to go past this check and install. HELP, I really ...

What caused my paste function not to work?
Even I checked the box under tools/edit/show paste button, I can not copy and paste from one excel workbook or file to another. How can I make the paste function work again? When I am in a work book, or click on Edit, the "paste" option is not highlighted on the toolbar. Sounds like a worksheet protection issue - check that the worksheet where the paste button is disabled is not protected. "EXCEL USER" wrote: > Even I checked the box under tools/edit/show paste button, I can not copy and > paste from one excel workbook or file to another. ...

2nd Mailbox
Outlook 2000 How can I create a seperate mailbox that I can send and recieve emails? And also, would I be able to password protect it? TIA -- @---}-- Laura..... :) Liverpool, England Wehn you say second mailbox what do you mean could be a. a second mailbox in your existing profile or b. a second profile with a different mailbopx account setup in it in either case you can indeed password protect an email account if you are using exchange then i suggest using a different profile for you second account this is because you cannot use seperte inbox when in exchange mode, your pop or ima...

Emails containing hyperlinks not working from Preview Pane
If I double-click an email contain a hyperlink from my Inbox and click a hyperlink, the web page is properly displayed. However, when I click on the same hyperlink from the Preview Pane the hyperlink does not connect me to the web page. Any ideas? See if the problem persists in a new named identity. If that does not help, continue with this. Hyperlinks do not work in Outlook Express or in Word (Revised 29 Apr-09) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823301 Hyperlinks do not work in Outlook Express after you upgrade to IE7 [and/or IE8] (Revised 29 Apr-09) http://support.m...