Shared email address

------=_NextPart_000_006E_01C62CC6.258185F0

Hi,

I have a pretty common issue that I would like some advice on:

I have a support email address and many people working in tech support.
I'm sure many other companies have the same requirements.

I read an article which suggested the following:

1) Create a public folder and assign it the support@ email addy.
2) Create an agent that converts incoming messages to a custom form with =
a bit of script
3) Create the custom form in step 2 which simply has "reply using this =
form" set to another custom form
4) This second custom form has the BCC field set to supportsent@ to save =
sent items in a public folder and has the FROM set to support@

I find this isn't very elegant and have 2 issues:
1) new emails show up in the public folder immediately but do not =
convert to the new form type immediately - only after a minute or two
2) there is no (audiable) notification of incoming mail
3) I can't tell which person in support actually sent the mail

Does anyone else have a better solution?
------=_NextPart_000_006E_01C62CC6.258185F0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have a pretty common issue that I =
would like some=20
advice on:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have a&nbsp;support email address and =
many people=20
working in tech support.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm sure many other companies have the =
same=20
requirements.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I read an article which suggested the=20
following:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>1) Create a public folder and assign it =
the=20
support@ email addy.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>2) Create an agent that converts =
incoming messages=20
to a custom form with a bit of script</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>3) Create&nbsp;the custom form in step =
2 which=20
simply has "reply using this form" set to another custom =
form</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>4) This second custom form has the BCC =
field set to=20
supportsent@ to save sent items in a public folder and has the&nbsp;FROM =
set to=20
support@</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I find this isn't very elegant and have =
2=20
issues:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>1) new emails show up in the public =
folder=20
immediately but do not convert to the new form type immediately - only =
after a=20
minute or two</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>2) there is no (audiable) notification =
of incoming=20
mail</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>3) I can't tell which person in support =
actually=20
sent the mail</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Does anyone else have a better=20
solution?</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_006E_01C62CC6.258185F0--

0
jasonkaler (12)

Jason Kaler wrote:

> I have a pretty common issue that I would like some advice on:
>
> I have a support email address and many people working in tech
> support.  I'm sure many other companies have the same requirements.
>
> I read an article which suggested the following:
>
> 1) Create a public folder and assign it the support@ email addy.
> 2) Create an agent that converts incoming messages to a custom form
> with a bit of script 3) Create the custom form in step 2 which simply
> has "reply using this form" set to another custom form 4) This second
> custom form has the BCC field set to supportsent@ to save sent items
> in a public folder and has the FROM set to support@
>
> I find this isn't very elegant and have 2 issues:
> 1) new emails show up in the public folder immediately but do not
> convert to the new form type immediately - only after a minute or two
> 2) there is no (audiable) notification of incoming mail 3) I can't
> tell which person in support actually sent the mail
>
> Does anyone else have a better solution?

You could take a look at third-party solutions like
<shamelessplug>Lucatec MASK</shamelessplug> or, if you use secondary
mailboxes instead of Public Folders, Ivasoft's RightFrom/Unisent.

http://lucatec.net/mask

http://ivasoft.biz

Problem 1) is void with both tools. Problem 2) remains and problem 3)
is  a mere Exchange configuration issue (i.e. don't assign "Send as"
privileges but only "Send on behalf").

P.S.: In case you take a look at MASK, make sure you check the Advanced
Features Flash demo which (among other things) shows how to move the
sent messages into a sub-folder.

Hope this helps.

--
Regards,

 Oliver Giesen

Lucatec GmbH           phone               +49-421-57953-0
Leerk�mpe 8b           fax                 +49-421-57953-20
D-28259 Bremen         VAT-No.             DE 208891410

business e-mail        team@lucatec.de
direct e-mail          giesen@lucatec.de
web                    http://www.lucatec.de
0
giesen (7)
2/8/2006 2:20:51 PM
I would tend to agree with Oliver that a 3rd party solution is in order. If
its a support team, they should probably be using some type of help desk
app.

"Oliver Giesen" <giesen@lucatec.de> wrote in message
> Jason Kaler wrote:
>
>> I have a pretty common issue that I would like some advice on:
>>
>> I have a support email address and many people working in tech
>> support.  I'm sure many other companies have the same requirements.
>>
>> I read an article which suggested the following:
>>
>> 1) Create a public folder and assign it the support@ email addy.
>> 2) Create an agent that converts incoming messages to a custom form
>> with a bit of script 3) Create the custom form in step 2 which simply
>> has "reply using this form" set to another custom form 4) This second
>> custom form has the BCC field set to supportsent@ to save sent items
>> in a public folder and has the FROM set to support@
>>
>> I find this isn't very elegant and have 2 issues:
>> 1) new emails show up in the public folder immediately but do not
>> convert to the new form type immediately - only after a minute or two
>> 2) there is no (audiable) notification of incoming mail 3) I can't
>> tell which person in support actually sent the mail
>>
>> Does anyone else have a better solution?
>
> You could take a look at third-party solutions like
> <shamelessplug>Lucatec MASK</shamelessplug> or, if you use secondary
> mailboxes instead of Public Folders, Ivasoft's RightFrom/Unisent.
>
> http://lucatec.net/mask
>
> http://ivasoft.biz
>

> Problem 1) is void with both tools. Problem 2) remains and problem 3)
> is  a mere Exchange configuration issue (i.e. don't assign "Send as"
> privileges but only "Send on behalf").
>
> P.S.: In case you take a look at MASK, make sure you check the Advanced
> Features Flash demo which (among other things) shows how to move the
> sent messages into a sub-folder.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Oliver Giesen
>
> Lucatec GmbH           phone               +49-421-57953-0
> Leerk�mpe 8b           fax                 +49-421-57953-20
> D-28259 Bremen         VAT-No.             DE 208891410
>
> business e-mail        team@lucatec.de
> direct e-mail          giesen@lucatec.de
> web                    http://www.lucatec.de

0
exchangemvp (657)

cannot access links in emails
This is the notice I get when I click on an email link. This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer -- Thanks, Ronjon444 ronjon444 wrote: > This is the notice I get when I click on an email link. > This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this > computer You are claiming that you have no knowledge of how to perform online searches? Google still works: http://www.google.com/search?q=%2B%22operation+has+been%22+cancelled+canceled+%2B%22due+to+restrictions+in+effect+on+this+computer%22 Operation ca...

disable line and page breaks icons on new emails
I have pressed a button don't know which and every time I create a new email I get all the background icons i.e. dot for a space and every line I get the paragragh icon, its not major but is a pain. Tried the view option but no joy. Linda Laing wrote: > I have pressed a button don't know which and every time I create a new email > I get all the background icons i.e. dot for a space and every line I get the > paragragh icon, its not major but is a pain. Tried the view option but no > joy. You neglected to mention WHICH version of Outlook that you are us...

Email Activity Page takes time to close
Hi, In my application, if the email content in an email activity page is large, the page takes 15-20 seconds to close. I think I should dispose objects while closing the page. But I don't know where to do it? Help please ...

Images don't load in emails
I had to reinstall my programs including Live mail. When I receive a message with a graphic or image in it it is not shown, but a message banner ask if it should load images, I say yes and it does. In my previous install the images appeared automatically. I am set for receiving HTML, and I use Vista 32 bit. Is there something I need to do to make this happen? -- Bob London, Ontario Tools | Safety Options | Security Tab. Uncheck: "Block images..............". -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Bob Hewson...

Adding 2nd email acct. to Outlook 2002
Hi: In older versions of Outlook you were able to add/view an 2nd email acct by setting permission on the Exchange server and setting it up as a service on the local PC. It appears 2002 gives the option to add an email acct. under tools but then gives an error saying only 1 acct can be on the exchange server. I would love to know the steps for allowing a user to see two different email messages under 1 Outlook icon. Thanks, A :-) you can only have one Exchange account per profile. "Air" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cac301c48a1a$75b6...

Emails randomly being tracked
Hi All, We are experiencing a very frustrating problem with our CRM 3 installation. We have the CRM for Outlook client (v3) installed on all of the pc's used by our CRM users. All users are set to track email one way (the setting to make only one task for mail between users). We are tracking only CRM token emails by default. We have the outlook rule freshly deployed to all users after checking the correct operation and config of the client. However, every so often (about one in every few hundred emails) an email will be automatically tracked in crm for absolutely no apparent reason...

Message Options (Delayed Emails)
Hi all, I have a user on my network who uses the Message Options often to delay emails in the Outbox to a specific time. (For example, the user can write an email at 1pm and click send and the email will sit in the Outbox until the specified time the user has set in the Message Options dialog box.) The problem is that sometimes the messages work and sometimes they dont. Has anyone experienced this before? Thanks. Warren wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a user on my network who uses the Message Options > often to delay emails in the Outbox to a specific time. > > (For exa...

setting up OL NOT to automatically download images in emails
OL 2002 SP 3, on Win XP HE, SP1 Follow-up to microsoft.public.outlook Hi, How do I set up OL to NOT download automatically images, or image tags, etc. embedded in email messages? (This is a favorite trick of spammers to verify email addresses.....) Tx, PS I know this feature is easily accessible in OL 2003 under Security tab, but can't figure it out in OL 2002. I don't think you can do it at all in OL2002 "sat" <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O3o0v5HcFHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > OL 2002 SP 3, on Win XP HE, SP1 > Follow-up to micros...

How do I setup a name, home address and phone to automatically at.
when I used Outlook Express I had setup a name, home address and phone number that automatically appeared on my outgoing email. How do I setup the same for "Outlook" email which I recently purchased with Office 2003 Professional? Set it up in your signature, it's in the tools/options of Outlook. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Robert C. Sollars" wrote: > when I used Outlook Express I had setup a name, home address and phone numb...

Move emails automatically from Inbox to other folder, based on dat
Some of my users have thousands of emails in their Inbox which slow down performance. Is there a tool with which I can automatically move items older than 30 days to a different folder in Outlook? Based on message class would also be fine, since I use Vault mail archiving, which changes to message class from IPM.Note to IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.Shortcut. Thanks! Chiel Varkevisser The Netherlands In news:F458372B-155A-4A83-A1F3-4E860477A3D4@microsoft.com, ChielV <ChielV@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Some of my users have thousands of emails in their Inbox which slow > do...

IE8 , Network Share / Drive Map
A client system (XP SP3, Novell Network ZENworks/Groupwise, Non-Admin account) here is having issues saving documents from within IE8 to her assigned Network drive. (I know more technical details for the network/setup may be warranted but for now I'm hoping someone has seen this or knows a fix based on this basic info) None of her mapped network drives show up as possible save locations from within the IE8 "save as" dialogue. Her drives are working fine otherwise; she can read, write, delete, etc. to them from Windows Explorer and other programs. There doesn't seem to be a...

Error Occured Trying to Promote this email
This happens when trying to promote a email to CRM activity. Can anyone help? Bob ...

email report or form
Hi there Is there a way to email a form or just the corresponding page of the report rather then the entire report? -- Thank-you! Ruth Ruth <Ruth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to email a form or just the corresponding page of the report >rather then the entire report? Form, I have no idea as I have never printed from a form. Page or selected records? For a page on how to print a report for a single record and how to generate reports to attach to emails see the Emailing reports as attachments from Microsoft Access page at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access...

Email template walkthrough
I am looking for an email template walkthru. I have a client who wants a document on how to create CRM email templates as .dot files. I have showed them once how to do this but they can't remember and want a document or link to instructions. Thanks, -pat Hi, Might be this refresh some of ur memory . http://blogs.msdn.com/jim_glass/archive/2006/08/14/699691.aspx Mail merge is only supported by the Microsoft CRM 3.0 client for Microsoft Office Outlook and uses Microsoft Word templates. If you are using the Web application (The version of Microsoft CRM that works in Internet Explor...

Unable to sentd email to certain domains...
recently, we had an incident where we were unable to send email to a particualr domain. We kept getting NDR's from anything sent to that domain. After calling this comany and talking to their tech support guys, they informed me that they had to place our public IP address in their hosts file to resolve the issue and the problem stems from teh fact that they have implemented measures to reduce SPAM which involves requiring a reverse DNS lookup to be successful from every domain they receive mail from. SInce ours was unsuccessful (due to a problem with our public IP provider), we kept gettin...

Please Help...I can not send/receive or delete email on outlook 2000
It gives an the following errors" Error has been detected in the file C:|Windoews\Outlook.pst. quit all mail applications and then use Inbox Repair tool." I spent hours tring to find a solution on the support section. Couldn't find it.. Thank you so much for help.. What size is yr *.pst? OL prior to 2003 can have problems when greater than 1.7gb The inbox repair tool is scanpst.exe If oversize; http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296088 David "Daniel" <dqiab@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:05a401c3676d$0ef74c50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > It gives an the follow...

Add CRM 'Subject' look-up field to the Phone, Email, and Task form 01-30-06
Is it possible to add CRM 'Subject' look-up field to the Phone, Email, and Task forms? Existing Category and Sub-Category fields sound like they should be linked to it. A good example would be Membership as a Category and Application as sub-category (Membership being a subject and Application being a sub-subject). Yes, this is possible. You will need to create a new entity called i.e. Email Subject and then create a 1 to many relationship between email and this new entity. "mkatsev" wrote: > Is it possible to add CRM 'Subject' look-up field to the Phone, E...

Linking Project To Outlook Global Address Book
Good day everyone, hope everyone had an enjoyable Thanksgiving day. Appreciate it if you could tell me how to solve the following issue. I am trying to add names in my resources so that it will match the names as listed in Outlook (i.e. names separated with a comma). However I keep getting the the following error message: "Invalid name for a resource. Resource names cannot contain brackets ([]) or the list separator charactor." Is there a way to resolve this. The program that I am using uses the names listed in the Microsoft Global address book. Is there a way to li...

Shared Excel file
Hi, I Want to know, how fourth or more persons could have a permission t read write and modified excel file together. The excel file found on the server Thanks, Michae -- Michael ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Michaelt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1555 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27122 tools>share workbook>editing>allow changes "Michaelt" <Michaelt.1ehhi0@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Michaelt.1ehhi0@excelforum-nospam....

How do i insert a Address Bar kind of drop down list within MS Exc
Hi, I wonderr if anyone can tell me if i am able to insert into an excel spreadsheet an address bar drop down list (like in windows explorer) to view and select the necessary drives, and make this particular cekk work like a pointer to changing the default path of where my macro searches for a specific file. Thanks AT the end is some code that will browse and reset the folder, and use this code to add a button to your standard toolbar Dim oCtl As Object With Application.CommandBars("Standard") Set oCtl = .Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton) oCtl.Caption =...

disappearing emails 02-22-10
When I am in my email account I can look at an email and all of a sudden it is gone. I have checked the deleted and junk folders and it isn't in them. This has happened several times in the past two wookes. Where do I find them or how do I stop this from happening? -- Daf Go to whatever folder you are seeing this in and: View | Current View. Show All Messages should be checked, not Hide Read Messages. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Daf" <daf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BE92109-9FF...

email router working?
hi, i have installed crm-exchange email router on a sbs enviroment. now i can send email to a test user on the same domain over ms crm but i cannot see his reply as an activity in my activities list. what can be the reason? regards, orkun Orkun, Internal email will not be parsed by the CRM email router. Only inbound SMTP trffic is looked at. Matt "Orkun Goze" <orkung@nospam.mostint.com> wrote in message news:%23VRT7zgpDHA.2676@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... hi, i have installed crm-exchange email router on a sbs enviroment. now i can send email to a test user on the same dom...

Outlook email disabled after upgrades
After installing XP Professional SP2 and the Windows Media 10 upgrades, we can no longer send/receive Outlook email messages. Why? The Outlook dialog box says: 'Your outgoing (SMTP) server does not support secure connections. If secure connections have worked in the past, contact your server administrator or ISP.' We are using high speed Internet from Cox, but Cox only supports Outlook Express, not Outlook. Also, to our knowledge, we have not been using secure email in the past (should we?) so we do not know if they worked or did not? P.S. We have a two-computer network with...

email
confirmar email ...

email stack on Message submitted to categorizer on Exchange 2000
We have a single exchange 2000 server SP3 and latest rollup installed. I have a message sent from one user at 3PM last night and still not delivered to a recipient on the same exchange server. I've just checked tracking on it and I can see 9/8/2004 3:24 SMTP Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store 9/8/2004 3:24 SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing 9/8/2004 3:24 SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue 9/8/2004 3:24 SMTP: Message Submitted to Categorizer and that is it. Message was neve...