several companies (clients) on one physical Ex 2003 server

Hi
I get the job to set up an IT-environment, where we can host several
companies (20 - 100 users per client) who want to outsource their IT
infrastructure. It should be a terminal server environment on windows 2003
with exchange 2003.
The clue is to use as few as possible physical servers.
Now the question is:
I want to host several of these clients on one Exchange 2003 enterprise
server. How can I make it possible that they can't see none ressources among
themselves (no free/busy-times, calendars, adress books etc.)?
they have also different smtp-domains for email adresses.

Has someone an idea for a concept or a structure on the exchange server?
Shall I create for each client a different storage group? Then I can only
host 4 clients cause of the limitation of 5 storage groups of an enterprise
server?

Thanks a lot for your advices and links.

phil

0
PhilH (8)

When I am in one cell highlight another
Hello, When I am in one cell highlight another. Lets say that if my cursor is in A1 I want D1 highlighted or with another cursor on it. Then if I move to A2, D2 should be the one with another cursor or highlighted. Thank you for your help, Jose Juan Diaz hi, Jose Juan ! > When I am in one cell highlight another > ... if my cursor is in A1... D1 highlighted or with another cursor on it. > ... if I move to A2, D2 should be the one with another cursor or highlighted. 'put' a cursor on non-active-cell... [I don't think it's possible] :( to highlight 'D' wh...

Not able to send email from CRM client
Help, please. I cannot get CRM configured to send email from the CRM client software. See error message below. I have tried all the solutions I can find, including: -Confirmed mailserverurl is set correctly on the CRM server and that the specified server is the Exchange server. -Confirmed that the mailserverurl returns well formed XML. -Gave the IUSR_ORCAS user full control of the the "...mailroot/vsi 1" on the exchange box, which is named ORCAS. -Confirmed platformurl setting on Exchange server is correct. -Confirmed that the machines can communicate with each other. What...

How to filter to show only one message from a specific sender/subject
I would like to filter out all but one email with the same subject line from a specific sender. I subscribe to a message board that sends an email every time a posting is made to a thread, instead of just the first posting after I have read the thread. Is there a way for filter out the duplicate messages and just keep the oldest email? Thanks, Brian ...

Outlook 2003
I used to be able to do this in Outlook 2000. The string will be in either the subject or text body...or both. For example: looking for an email message about a specific invoice number 12345. Now, it does not find the number even when I know it's there....and can find it by hunting on my own. Thanks for any help you can offer~ "Hello_It''''s_Me-CA" <HelloItsMeCA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B942C394-5363-49BE-AFB3-04E34C1CE4BF@microsoft.com... >I used to be able to do this in Outlook 2000. The string will be in either > t...

Publisher 2003 Viewer is needed
Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they have for the other programs in Office? Can they? Yes Will they? Unlikely Mike Larry M. in Illinois wrote: > Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they have for > the other programs in Office? Larry M. in Illinois <Larry M. in Illinois@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they > have for the other programs in Office? Could they? Yes Is it profitable for them to do so? Probably not. W...

Second SMTP Server
I have two Exchange servers in the same domain. They are in two separate admin groups. They are on two separate subnets. Inter-Organizational mail works fine. They have one routing group connector between the two. These two servers are on opposite sides of the globe. Server 1 is in the U.S. and sends Internet addresses SMTP directly to its destination just fine. Server 2 is in Europe, and will not send Internet addressed SMTP mail at all. The mail just sits in a queue, and says retry. This appears to be a two fold problem. 1. Server 2 does not send the Internet addressed SMTP mail to S...

Outlook 2003 #224
When I print from Outlook I get the following screen: A dialog box opens and says An error has occurred in the script on this page Line: 1344 Char: 1 Error: Unspecified Error Code: 0 URL: res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg All other applications work. Bob 5132361210 ...

Outlook 2003 hyperlinking error
Have just installed Outlook 2003, when I click on a html link within an email it opens my default web browser however the link appears in the browser with these additional symbols which stop the requested site from loading eg: http://%1%20http://www.microsoft.com Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Its driving me nuts. ...

Visio 2003: Custom Toolbars disappear
Sorry for the cross-posting, but I didn't get any responses in the visio.troubleshoot NG. I recently upgraded to Visio 2003 and have a perplexing problem. When I create a custom toolbar--or even when I customize a standard toolbar--they do not appear the next time I load Visio. Any ideas? I'm getting tired of recreating my custom toolbar every day! Thanks, Dave Go to View/Toolbars/ and you should see the list of customized toolbars you have made at the bottom of the menu. Selecting them will make them appear I tried to duplicate the problem you are having with seeing a standard ...

Automatically redirecting profiles to a new exchange server?
OK old exchange server was SERVEROLD and new one is SERVERNEW (for arguments sake). The pc has lots of different profiles on it and I dont wanna manually change each profile to reflect the new server. Running Outlook 2002 is there a way to automatically do this? I believe I can use a prf file created using Custom Wizards from the Office Resource Kit and deploy this to do this for me. Can anyone give any more detailed info on how this can be done? Thanks <carlosvenegas@jellybeandesign.co.uk> wrote in message news:1132785375.328184.274520@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > OK ol...

mail server
There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Server: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 That is what i recieve after setting up a new identity. A box pops up with my username and a password, but i don't know what the password is or why my account will not authorize. why wont it work?? This is on Outlook Express-making a new identity "Soph...

Scrpit when trying to change CRM option in Outlook client
Hi there, I get the attached script error when i try to change the MSCRM Option in MSCRM Outlook client and it does not accept my changes. An error has occoured in the script on this page. Line:381 Char:1 Error: Type Mismatch code:0 URL:http://localhost2525/tools/personalsettings/dialogs/personalsettings.aspx?clientid= etc etc Please let me know if any one knows how to fix this issue, thanks. Kyaw ...

Cannot get CRM client for Outlook online
One of my customer's employees is having problems to get his CRM client for Outlook online (version 3.0). The error he is receiving says: "An unknown error has occurred. Retry the action. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.". In the event log we find the following warning message: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSCRMAddressBook Event Category: None Event ID: 6425 Date: 10/12/2006 Time: 1:53:18 PM User: N/A Computer: AVELTP0131 Description: The current user does not have permission to use the Microsoft CRM Address Book. Contact the system administr...

Works in 2003 but not 2007
When I reference the below function in 2003 I get function displayed... now in 2007 I get #NAME? Any idea what I need to change/set in 2007 so it will run this function? Function formulaText(x As Range) 'returns the text equivalent of formula in upper left cell in range x 'example: =formulatext(a1) returns the formula found in cell a1 of active worksheet 'example: =formulatext(a1:b5) returns the formula found in cell a1 of active worksheet formulaText = x.Cells(1, 1).Formula End Function Thanks, Mark Mark, It works fine for me. Are you stored in a stan...

Combine part of text from one col to another
I'm trying to combine only part of a string from one column with all th text of another column. For instance I want to create usernames to log into a network. If col has Bill and col2 has Smith I want to get just the B from col1 an combine it with col2 to make smithb in a new column. Thanks in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try this: -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== =B1&LEFT(A1) "epac135 >" <...

Problem with printing listbox bigger than one page
Hi, I created form "Invoice". It contains few list boxes (like: Brand, Product, Price, etc.). Each list box is big enough to display 50 items. It works in this way: user is chosing product from table Products_tbl and clicks on "Add to invoice" button which adds to each list box new item containg apropriate information about chosen product. At the end, user can print the form. Before it was limited, and user could put max. 50 products on one invoice, but I wanted to get rid of this limitation. I did it in this way: after 50th item, with each added product I extend list boxe...

Outlook 2003 Personal Address Book forwarding problem
This Outlook 2003 is connected to a Exchange 5.5 Server The problem is this, everytime I try to forward any e-mail and use any distribution list on the Personal Address Book it does not want to send the e-mail but if I try to send it any other way it works fine. Thanks ...

Physical Inventory Refreshing itself?
Hi, I'm in the middle of doing inventory, and as we go we find items not being received and items we have to write off, as we do this, the physical inventory report does not change. So really when creating this report, you are creating a snapshot, while you work on this snapshot the rest of the database still records sales, adjustments, and receiving. Do I understand this correctly? When you hit commit will this all wash together? ...

HTML view with outlook and pocket pc 2003
When I download email from a pop3 server, the messages are displayed only in text format not in HTML format, i can't see the images in the email, I only see lines or dashes. Check with microsoft.public.pocketpc for help with PPC. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Mike Mikhail <smikhail@socal.rr.com> asked: | When I download email from a pop3 server, the messages | are d...

Importing One Period
Our company operates on a 13 period year instead of 12 months. However, the budget import process appears to be the same for periods or months. We would like to import a budget for just period 13. We tried leaving blanks in the period 1 - 12 accounts in excel and imported to a test company and that deleted all budgets, we also tried zeros, which did as we expected, inserted zeros. The budget file used to import existing budgets for periods 1 -12 has become corrupt and we do not have a backup for this file. In this file, we created formulas that allow us to use %'s to update ...

Outlook 2003 Reply Signature
When replying or forwarding an e-mail, the typed text follows the settings I have set in Tools> Options> Mail Format> Fonts, however the signature picks up the font from the senders e-mail. I have edited and saved the signature several times, but for some reason I cannot get it to provide a fixed font. The style is "Normal" which for my computer is set to Times New Roman, however, when responding, it converts to whatever the normal style was in the senders e-mail. This happens for all mail I respond to, even ones that I originated and were sent back to me....

Access 2003 and Sharepoint
My company is moving most of our files into Sharepoint -- however, it seems no one could explain how Sharepoint is going to affect our current Access database. Can someone please enlighten me regarding Sharepoint and how it will benefit us if our Access database is stored in it? Will it make accessing the database faster through our network? Right-now our database is stored in a network drive and depending on where we are located from the server -- it may take long to accesst the data. Or any sites that will help explain the process of Sharepoint. Thank you, Sharon You cannot store your A...