Setup multiple domains

My boss owns multiple companies and each has a registerd domain name. Can a
single SBS2003 exchange sever host all of the domains and allow traffic to
all the different domains via pop?

Point me in the right direction please.

Thanks
0
Jamie (81)

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:27:04 -0800, "Jamie"
<Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My boss owns multiple companies and each has a registerd domain name. Can a
>single SBS2003 exchange sever host all of the domains and allow traffic to
>all the different domains via pop?
>
>Point me in the right direction please.
>
>Thanks

Microsoft.public.Smallbiz
http://www.sbslinks.com/

The answer to the first part of the question is an unambiguous yes.
You can create as many recipient policies as you like and filter the
domains to any range of people you like, or not bother filtering and
assign every address to everyone.

The last bit about POP muddies the waters somewhat because the POP3
connector does things differently from any sensible POP3 connector
(which is, granted, a contradiction in terms but a necessary evil at
times) POPCON and POPBeamer pull mail via POP3 and then dump it at the
SMTP interface on the Exchange, regardless of what domains you
actually have on the Exchange server.

0
mark7219 (5666)

Domain name msoffice.com.xx (Is it legal?)
I've searched through the web & found "msoffice.com.ua" being a registered entity in Russia. I intend to register a domain name also using "msoffice.com.<<our country>>" for Microsoft office consulation purpose. Microsoft itself is using "office.microsoft.com". Eventhough we click to "msoffice.com", it will still point to "office.microsoft.com". Does anybody know if the public can REALLY legally use "msoffice.com.<<our country>>" as a domain name? ...

how do I attach multiple Word documents?
I need to attach multiple Word documents into one large document. Many have different headers, so I can't just copy the text into one master document. Would appreciate any help on this. Before you Insert Text (2007: Insert > Object > Text from File), be sure each document you're including has a Section Break New Page both before and after it. After you've built your document, go through the headers/footers to be sure the page nos. are sequenced as you want them. Or use the "boilerplate" macro devised by MVP Graham Mayor. On Feb 10, 10:43=A0am, El...

Sending from multiple accounts #3
I have two email accounts, one is POP3 (lets call this Account 1) and the other a MAPI (e.g. Accout 2). My default accout is the POP3. When I download email, the received emails go into the correct folders, that is to say Account 1 email goes in the Busines Folders Inbox and Account 2 mail goes in the Account 2 Inbox folder. No problem there, it works as expect. This issues is this: If I write an email on Account 2 and just click send (remember, account 1 is the POP3 account is default) the email is received as coming from Account 1. If they reply, it comes back to me as an email sent to...

Print multiple items
How can you print multiple items without opening each one and print. Rick wrote: > How can you print multiple items without opening each one and print. Hold down the control key while clicking to select multiple items, just like in Explorer, and then File - Print? -- f.h. Rick, Please enlighten me. Why do so many folks want to print electronic mail? "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17BF6FD0-1EA8-4CBE-A54D-4F67C5A957F2@microsoft.com... > How can you print multiple items without opening each one and print. ...

Are Charts with Multiple XY Datasets Possible?
I'd like to be able to build a chart using multiple XY datasets -- say from two different experiments. If I plot the two columns of dataset as XY, then Add Data and try to plot the two columns of dataset B, get an XY plot (A), overlaid by two line plots, one for each column o dataset B. I tried googling but have not found any usefu information. Thanks Steve Shervais -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com when you add the 2nd range did you check the box saying that the firs column is the x axis values -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Steve - There are s...

Permission denied for a certain domain.
Could someone please explaing the following error message: ------------------------------------------------------------------ You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <Servername.domainname#5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <Email.address@domain.com>... Access denied> ------------------------------------------------------------------ We have Exchange 2003 and it seems that no-one on our domain can send to this one specific domain without the mail getting bounced (it seems from our own SMTP server). Everyone gets the ...

Setup- But what?
The last several times I've booted, after XP Pro starts, a dialog box flashes by. It goes so quickly I can't read anything except "Setup". Can anyone suggest a way to determine what this is? Thanks, Mike Mikey wrote: > The last several times I've booted, after XP Pro starts, a dialog > box flashes by. It goes so quickly I can't read anything except > "Setup". > Can anyone suggest a way to determine what this is? > > Thanks, Mike Get a list of what starts up when you startup the computer/logon. -- Shenan Stanley ...

Cannot get past Exchange2007 setup: 'Organization not in Native mode'. However, it is!
Cannot get past Exchange2007 setup: 'Organization not in Native mode'. However, it is is native mode (windows 2003 mode). I have set this in the active directory domain, and rebooted. The setup error message keeps returning, it thinks the server is still not in native mode. Actually, I removed exchange 2003 completely, and I wonder if there is a register setting that might have stuck the same begore upgrading to native mode. strange that that setting survives exchange de-install and reboot. Any help is greatly appreciated!!! > Cannot get past Exchange2007 setup: 'Organization...

Multiple Copies of Messages!
In just the last week or so, my Outlook (2002, running in WinXP Pro) has started (1) sending as many as 6 copies to the recipients of some of my emails, and (2) sometimes putting 3-4 copies of incoming messages into my Inbox. It's starting to drive me crazy, and is a cause of constant apologies to friends, clients, etc. Not good. Any ideas anyone? I, too, noticed several copies of sent messages in my Outlook 2002 Sent Items folder dating back a couple of months. I didn't receive any comments from receipents, so I don't know that they received duplicates. It hasn't ...

Installing multiple Notes connector
Hi, I am referring to one of the MS guide, where it says it is possible to install multiple Lotus Connectors for scalability. Well..i tried to install just the connector component along with System manager component; but it refuses to install. My question: Do i need to install whole Exchange server in order to install Lotus COnnector on that server? Or, can i install just the connector component? Thanks, On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 01:01:02 -0800, Jack Dorson <JackDorson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am referring to one of the MS guide, where it says it is possibl...

Multiple sorting
I'm trying to sort a report that I have by multiple options: 1st) by DATE and then by NAME, I went to: Advance filter Options I insert: first Date/Ascending;...then Lname/Ascending then apply filter, and is not working it's only filtering by date WHAT'S GOING ON??? Thank you!!! Hernan The Sorting and Grouping dialog exists in Access 2003 (as well as all previous versions of Access) However, if you're seeing Form View under the View menu, it sounds as though you're talking about a form, not a report as you stated in the beginning. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MV...

Recording multiple checks in a single deposit
This seems like it's probably brutally simple, but I can't figure it out: how do I record multiple check numbers in a single deposit? The deposit consists of a couple checks from my primary checking account which I'm depositing, along with some cash, as a single deposit transcation in a different checking account. Using MS Money Deluxe 2003. - sph In microsoft.public.money, hodgdon wrote: >This seems like it's probably brutally simple, but I >can't figure it out: how do I record multiple check >numbers in a single deposit? > >The deposit consist...

Using CRM 4.0 Enterprise for multiple environments (production, te
Are you using CRM 4.0 Enterprise with multiple organizations such that certain organizations are set up for non-production purposes (production, test, training, development, demo, etc.)? For example, have you set it up so that you have: Production: http://crm.mycompany.com Test: http://crmtest.mycompany.com Training: http://crmtraining.mycompany.com Development: http://crmdev.mycompany.com Do you need to purchase user CALS for each organization, or can one user CAL be used for all organizations? Can all of the organizations leverage the same Active Directory organ...

Stacked bar for multiple series + secondary axis
Hello! :confused: Could somebody help me to get 2 or more parallel an distinct stacked bars? In the attached picture you will see that th only solution I got was to modify the bar width. Thank!!!!!!!!!!!!! +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: Stacked bar.bmp |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3908 +------------------------------------------------------------------- -- gilbertc ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gilbertcn's Profile: http...

Domain rename in windows 2008 parent can child
Hi, I have two root domain controller sat.au.local. The first root dc that contains all 5 roles has a CA Authroity installed and configured. I have two child domain controller sf.sat.au.local I have an exchange 2007 which is under sf.sat.au.local and an edge server 2007. I have file server running windows 2008 and two other machine running windows 2003 part of the child domain. How do I perform a Domain renamed in this case? As far as I know there have been no major changes when moving from 2003 to 2008. So I would follow the step by step instructions (Trial ...

Opening Multiple files in separate Excel folders
Can this be done? Hi what do you mean with 'separate Excel folders'? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Paul Dunn wrote: > Can this be done? Yes. Dim aryFiles Dim oFSO Sub LoopFolders() Dim i As Integer Set oFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") selectFiles "c:\MyTest" Set oFSO = Nothing End Sub '--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sub selectFiles(sPath) '--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dim Folder As Object Dim Files As Object D...

Migrating Mailboxes to a New Domain
Ok, here is the scenario, we are migrating all of our Exchange mailboxes from domainA to domainB, each domain has it's own seperate Exchange system (both 2003) Each user in domainA uses a single Outlook profile with multiple mailboxes attached. In addition to the mailboxes, some users have personal folders connected to their Outlook. I created a test user account and mailbox in domainA and I attatched several mailboxes to the user profile along with a persoanl folder. The user account and computer were both migrated to domainB by way of the ADMT. The test user mailbox was then migrated o...

Multiple Addresses
If an account has two addresses, one at the main level and one under "More Addresses," how can I add a contact in so that the mapped address is the one under "More Addresses?" Thanks ...

multiple emails #4
I am receiving the same email over and over again, multiple times -- I delete it and remove delete folder contents and the next time I hit send/receive they all show up again. They seem to be from one sender -- but I can't find anything on her computer to suggest why this is happening. It is as if the send/receive function on her computer is stuck and it just keep sending the same mail. ???? Hi, I think that the UIDL Cahing is broken. What happens with the New Profile in Outlook created through the MAil applet in the Control Panel ? Also, this could be a problem with the ...

One sender to multiple recipients
Hello, I need to know if there is an option in Exchange 2003 or an addon that spam an email to multiple mailbox. We are receiving important messages from our clients. With the time, those client send directly requests to a user mailbox (user@) instead to a general mailbox (info@). When the user is out of the office (2 or 5 days), nobody is aware about the message sent by the client to my user. So we need to replicate the message sent from particular client to multiple mailbox. Any idea? Thanks Alex >-----Original Message----- >Hello, >I need to know if there is an option in Exc...

Dragging to select multiple rows causes out of control scroll
When I select a number of rows by click and drag method, the rows scroll by too fast to control. Is there a way to slow down this scrolling? "ronlee67" <ronlee67@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2940A38-DDA3-4E4B-B41A-FCEFAA3ADACA@microsoft.com... > When I select a number of rows by click and drag method, the rows scroll > by > too fast to control. Is there a way to slow down this scrolling? Hi Roplee67, You can change the scroll speed of your mouse: Start | Control Panel | Mouse | Wheel | Scrolling Depending on your OS version, access to ...

Permission to access all mailboxes:Exchange Services or Exchange Domain Severs
I am setting up Commvault backup software and I need to grant ability to an AD account access all mailboxes during backup. Question here: Security wise, which one is more viable, make an account member of Exchange Services or grant such backup account "Full Exchange Administrator" rights ? I think it is the former but I would like to confirm. Depending on which version of Exchange you are running, neither one may be viable. Delegating control and granting Exchange Full Admin will result in an inherited deny on the mailbox stores for Send As/Receive As permissions, which resu...

sends same message multiple times
I have been experiencing the problem that instead of a message just leaving the outbox, I'll receive a message that it timed/out, but if I don't delete that message immediately, it gets sent to the recipient over and over. I had one that went out 99 times before I stopped it by deleting the message from the outbox. These messages never show as sent mail. Any ideas? ...

Multiple Profiles in Outlook 2002
I have multiple profiles set up in Outlook: one for me, one for my wife, one I use for graduate school, etc. When Outlook starts, I'm prompted for the profile to use. If I have not rebooted the system since the last time I started Outlook, and I use a different profile from the last time, I get the following error message: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program: <path to Outlook.exe> abnormal program termination If I click on OK, and try again, it works fine from there on out ... until I use a different profile without rebooting first. I chec...

Change Multiple Contacts