Setup a rule for specifice sender

Hi:
we have exchange 2k3, sp1 in our company, I would like to know if I can
setup a rule/policy to forward a copy of all incomming emails from specifice
external email address to Administrator.

Thanks
Al

0
Al1 (451)

Hi Al,

I am not aware of Exchange being able to do this, but it is an option in
ISA, if you are lucky enough to be running it.

Regards
--
Ben Hoffman
MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin)

"Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
> we have exchange 2k3, sp1 in our company, I would like to know if I can
> setup a rule/policy to forward a copy of all incomming emails from
> specifice
> external email address to Administrator.
>
> Thanks
> Al

0
nospam3434 (231)
5/24/2005 2:04:17 AM
No we don't have ISA server, do u know of any other third party application
that would help with this?

Al

"Al" wrote:

> Hi:
> we have exchange 2k3, sp1 in our company, I would like to know if I can
> setup a rule/policy to forward a copy of all incomming emails from specifice
> external email address to Administrator.
>
> Thanks
> Al

0
Al1 (451)

Macros setup deployment
Hi! I have a Template (to place in the template folder) and a .xls file with macros (to place in the XLStart folder) to deploy. Is it possible to deploy thoses files with a setup.bat? The difficuly is to get the template and the XLStart folders in a command line. If it's not possible, which are the other ways to automatically install those files? Thanks for help, Thierry Paradis. Hi Thierry, See Jan Karel Pieterse's create an Addin tutorial which also includes a set-up utilty: http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/DistributeMacro00.htm --- Regards, Norman "Thierr...

Can I blacklist foreign IP addresses and whitelist certain senders?
I work for a school and very few people receive email from other countries yet the email headers of 99% of the spam that is getting through our filtering software is from foreign IP addresses (china, korea, spain, etc.). We use GFI mail essentials but it has not been as effective as we'd like. I want to blacklist foreign smtp servers but still be able to whitelist certain senders based on their email address. GFI does not allow this and exchange's virtual smtp server can block ip addresses but it won't allow for exceptions based on sender email address. For example, block all IP ad...

How to setup a Recurring Time Entry in Business Portal
I am needing to see an example on how to setup a recurring time entry template in business portal to use to entry time transactions. Any suggestions? -- Thanks for your help Hi-- There is not really a separate setup of a template for time entry. The only settings are that in the user setup in PDK (Setup>>System>>User) under Timesheet Options, you must mark to allow use of template. Then when a person creates a timesheet in PS time and expense (business portal) they will have the option to Save it or to Save as Template. If they save as template, the next time they start a n...

Rules Not Working #2
Outlook 2002 (10.5709.4219) SP-2 I have a coworker working at home and he wants all of his forwarded to his personal email account. So I created a personal contact with his home email address made a rule on his outlook to forward all incoming email to his personal email. It didn't work so I added myself and I was got all of his incoming email forwarded to me. I verified that his personal email address was correct. I also tried different personal email accounts in case maybe it was being blocked for some reason and none of them worked. The thing I can think of... is if the em...

Rules and Alerts dialogue box disappears
I'm at wit's end with this problem and could sure use some help. I had my Outlook 2003 rules and alerts working great for some time, then out of the blue, when I click on Tools > Rules and Alerts, the dialogue box appears for about a half second then disappears. Consequently, I can't make changes or view my rules. I've repaired and reinstalled the installation to no avail. Any suggestions out there? Thanks for any input Jeff ...

Outlook Rule wizard Error
Using the ORGANIZE feature of Outlook 2000 will not allow me to create rules. I receive a message saying that: "Outlook has generated an error and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created." Rules can be created when going directly to Rules Wizard from Tools but not from Organize Any suggestions?? ...

Match rules are never fired!!!--Please help--Urgent
Hi, My match rules are not fired (though they should)--can anyone help me please? XML File trail.xml contents: --------------------------------------- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <COURTCASE xmlns:lnv="http://www.lexis-nexis.com/lnv" xmlns:lnvxe="http://www.lexis-nexis.com/lnvxe" xmlns:lnci="http://www.lexis-nexis.com/lnci"> <lnv:CITE><cite4thisdoc>174 S.W.3d 70</cite4thisdoc><cite4thisdoc>2005 Tenn. App. LEXIS 196</cite4thisdoc></lnv:CITE> <lnv:DISSENTS> <lnvxe:dis...

rules in error #16
I am using outlook on two different machines/locations with the data .pst file on a mobile drive. When connecting this mobile drive and opening outlook for the first time at the machine were I arrive, a 'Rules in error' pop up window shows up. The pop-up window lists all rules for which new messages are arriving. When opening 'rules and alerts' those rules for which messages have arrived are unchecked. I have to recheck the rules and click apply, click ok - in order for all registered rules to work/apply. Is there a way to avoid this - so that even when switching bet...

rules not working consistently #3
Ok, Outlook 2003. I am getting a ton of junk mail for various medications (you know the medication that comes in a blue diamond shaped tablet) (see the last paragraph of this post). So I created a "rule" to delete any incoming message with in the subject. But the rule works inconsistently. Most such messages do get deleted, but not all of them. And I can't figure out why it's inconsistent. There is nothing wrong with rule; if I go into the Junk Mail Folder, and I "run rule now", it gets rid of those messages in the Junk Mail Folder with the medication'...

Message rules don't get followed consistently
I have created several message rules, and I know they are "worded" properly, because they are often followed, but quite frequently are not. For example, messages with a certain set of words in the subject are to be moved to a specific folder. Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't! One idea I have is that if I am viewing my Inbox, the messages are more likely to remain there rather than move to their "proper" folder. I have no idea why the whole thing seems to be so buggy, unless Outlook just isn't good at this! I use Windows XP Pro and Outlook 2002. ...

OUTLOOK2002 Rules Problems
Are there known problems with the RULES implemention (or any other O02 mechanism) that would cause emails from a known ID to be deleted without being moved to the DELETED folder. I have an otherwise robust client on XPSP2 but within the past few weeks each and every email sent to me from a friend does not show up at the desktop. I can see via the WEB Mail access at my ISP that the message does arrive at the server sucessfully. Any direction or suggestion would be appreciated. John jcorbett@sympatico.ca John Corbett <jcorbett@sympatico.ca> wrote: > Are there known problem...

How to setup conference room calendar to auto accept on 2003 exchange server
I have setup a user for my conference rooms but they will not auto accept the meeting requests. I dont want somebody to have to be the delegate and have to accept all the requests. Is there a way to do this. Thanks Setup a profile to the resource mailbox. Once in Outlook ... Tools | Options | Calendar Options | Resource Scheduling and tick all three tick boxes. I think thats it. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of inc...

HELP!!! Migrating to Exchange 2000 Exchange2k Setup always Fails! (REVISED)
I posted this before but here is a clearer explanation of what's going on. I have gone throught the procedure below 5 times now this is not a fluke. Please Help! I thought this would make things easier. This my test lab setup procedure from scratch. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?! 1) Clean install NT4 PDC SP6a (with underscore in domain name to simulate production enviorment) 2) Clean install of NT4 as Member Server SP6a 3) Clean install of Exchange 5.5 and SP4 using domains built in admin account to simulate production enviorment. 4) Build a few mailboxes and user accounts, I don...

email rule deployment wizard error
I am testing a CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 upgrade and I have run into an issue at the point of setting up the email router rules. I have followed the upgrade instructions by first installing the old CRM 3.0 email router and then installed the new CRM 4.0 email router. I ran the setup using the updates patch Exchange_i386.msp and then followed up with the rollup 12 update to the email router. I have configured the environment such that all users continue to use the forward mailbox for the incoming email, basically the same way as it was configured back with CRM 3.0. I also ran the router con...

Rules #47
I'm tryign to use rules with my msn Email account but it says i cant becuase its an http account. any ideas guys? ...

Rule doesn't work
I use MS Outlook 2003 to read two POP3 email accounts and to use a shared calendar. I've made rule so the emails for the two accounts will be moved to separate folders. This works fine when I'm connected to the network at my workplace. But when I'm home, the rule doesn't work ie all emails go to same folder (Inbox). My signature doesn't work either. The rule is, however, set as "client only". I have set only one rule. If I connect to my work network via VPN, then the rule does work. Why do I need to be connected to the Exchange server in order to make the ...

[Question] Rules in error
Hello: I have an Outlook 2003 client side rule, which copies email from an Exchange folder to an IMAP folder. Sometimes, for intermittent network failure reasons, the rule is failing. I then receive a dialog bok stating: "Rules in error" The rule is then disabled, which is annoying as this is an intermittent issue. Is there a way to have this rule not desactivated or automatically re-activated? Thank you -- AS ...

rules wizard #7
Hi All, Scenario: we have exchange 2000 as our mail servers.our organization has two branches. users at branch one have smtp address with @company.com. users at branch two have smtp address with @company.co.in. Now there will be merger, and all users' mailboxes will be migrated to one smtp domain. (@company.com).Forwarding of messages from users@company.co.in to users@company.com is configured. Now we want internet users or intranet users who are addressing mails to @company.co.in to be automatically replied with a custom message, asking user to mail to @company.com next time on...

Posting Setup
My company currently has a report generated for posting transactions and the reports are stored on a server My company is moving all users to a new server and I need to change the path that is setup for the differnet postings. Can anyone tell me if the path that is entered under Tools > Setup > Posting > Posting is stored in either SQL or a config file? Tony, I believe that is stored in SY02200 in the company database. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP "Tony Horber" <ahorber@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1158260375.825814.304070@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com...

Outlook Rule for Email Replies
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0078_01C56FEF.FA9F2DD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Greetings, I have several email aliases e.g. wedding@xyz.com and shopping@xyz.com = forwarding email to account me@xyz.com. If I reply to an email sent to an alias like wedding@xyz.com, by outlook = account setup, me@xyz.com is the default Sent From and Reply To = addresses for the reply I send. What is the best way to automatically modify the Sent From and Reply To = address on the reply email such tha...

OWA SSL NLB setup
Folks, I have 3 url's webmail.a.com, webmail.b.com and webmail.c.com pointing to a single public IP. I also have 2 OWA FE servers doing NLB with a single default website. We would like to purchase an SSL from Thawte and they told us that we need 3 public IP's an public IP per domain name. Also that we need 3 separate sites on IIS for each domain where we can apply each certificate. Now on the NLB management we have a cluster group with the 2 internal IP's and 1 virtual IP assigned. I understand that I would need to have 3 virtual IP's so that we can do a 1:1 nat on the chec...

Masking the Sender's Address
How can you msk the person's Email address and use a generic From when sending emails from a Queue or as a responce to an Assigned case. George Gergues System Engineer ...

Setup of Generic Out of office Message office 2003/2007
Hi, Out Communications department want's us to setup a standard out of office message for all mailboxes in the organisation. They want every user to have access to the generic Out of Office message. Is there a way I can create an Outlook template or something that I could give all users to put in their mailbox Out of Office area. thanks -- Kath ...

How can I setup a testing enviroment for MSCRM 4.0 offline client?
My CRM developing is all on a VPC. How can I setup a testing enviroment for MSCRM 4.0 offline client? Can I setup another PC? or a VPC to connect to the CRM server at my VPC? Please advise steps, thanks -- MS CRM consultants at Melbourne Visit my CRM blog at http://melbournecrm.spaces.live.com/ ...

Have any of you successfully setup Entourage mail client for Mac to connect to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003?
Gurus, Have any of you successfully setup Entourage mail client for Mac to connect to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003? I have a client who has a smattering of these clients and while they all can connect successfully, read and send email, none can connect to the address book. They get an LDAP error whenever they try. -- Spin Yes. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Spin asked: | Gurus, | | Have...