Setting Up Relay for Remote Users

I am trying to setup my Exchange server (5.5 SP4)to allow relaying for several people in a remote office. They are using Outlook 2000 and access their email via POP3.  They are able to receive all email but can only send email to recipients "in-house".  How do I enable relaying for select users?

"Toney Barber" <tbarber@removethis@lgpatlaw.com> wrote:

>I am trying to setup my Exchange server (5.5 SP4)to allow relaying for several people in a remote office. They are using Outlook 2000 and access their email via POP3.  They are able to receive all email but can only send email to recipients "in-house".  How do I enable relaying for select users?

You can permit the IMS to relay for authenticated users, or you can
allow it to accept relays from certain IP addresses, but you can't get
more selective than that.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Plot a line? Set dymanic axis Max min
Hi all, two questions: 1. I have a scatter plot of returns and I want to add not a trend line but simply x=y line to my plot (and other equations) Any way to do this? 2. I need to control both my x and y axis, I want to max and min and scale numbers to be linked to a cell in my spreadsheet instead of simply being static values or auto. THANKS! Stan Stan, Regarding question 1, you can add equations to charts by plotting points in an Excel worksheet and then charting those points. For more detailed information, Stephen bullen has some excellent examples of how to plot functions . . . ...

Set a form as a subform without the Wizard?
Hello, Using Access97, can I somehow set a form I have as a subform in another existing form when I have the typical install and no install media? When I try to follow the Help system procedure it errors saying the necessary Wizard is not installed. Is it possible to do it by other means? Regards, ern. On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 00:26:16 +0100, "ernie" <ernie@unspam.co.uk> wrote: >Hello, > Using Access97, can I somehow set a form I have as a subform in another >existing form when I have the typical install and no install media? When I >try to follow the Help system pr...

User Security Report shows accessible items as non-a
Hi, Tech Knowledge 37004 details a problem with User Security Report. It is not scheduled for a fix. I am able to fix the window security by individually checking off the problem windows and then selecting MARK ALL. I have not tested this at a Class level yet and also have been unable to get it to work for Integration Manager file access. My questions: 1) Has anyone come up with a solution to this issue, perhaps at the Report Writer level. 2) Why does sa not have access the the Alternate Great Plains Windows and Reports? What is the difference in these windows/reports? thx, Doug T...

How can I allow other users to make changes in a shared workbook
I have everything set up properly and other users cannot make and save changes in a shared workbook. Any suggestions? What happens when they try to make changes? If the worksheet is protected (and that's what is stopping them, unshare the workbook, unprotect the worksheet, unlock the cells that should be able to be changed, reprotect the worksheet, reshare the workbook and try it again.) What happens when they try to save? (I don't have a guess here.) yourdisplayname@discussions.microsoft.co wrote: > > I have everything set up properly and other users cannot make and save...

Help! Help content lost (links to 2010?)
When I try to get online Help from Word, I see a page which has the new Office logo for 2010. The framework for Help is provided, but there is no content under any of the headings. ("No results available"). This was from a VBA page, so I was seeking Word Developer help. If I right-click the title "Word Developer Help" and paste the URL property, I get: http://office2010.microsoft.com/client/helphome.aspx?lcid=3081&NS=WINWORD%2EDEV&Version=12 But I'm running Office 2007. I also have Office 2003 installed. How can I get help for Word 2007? Fur...

How do I set up a worksheet w/gridlines on top only?
I am setting up a spreadsheet w/ the top half using gridlines and the bottom half blank to type in information I need concerning the subject. I don't know how get rid of the gridlines after I'm done wi/the spreadsheet which is the top half of the page. You may be better off adding a textbox (View|Toolbars|Drawing) to add documentation. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Carla" <Carla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6173DE68-1857-479F-9049-A0A072AD537C@microsoft.com... >I am setting up a sprea...

New users not showing in global address list
We have a new network installed with an Exchange Server 2003 installed at head office and three Server 2003 geographic sites. When we create a new user at Head Office, the user can log on at the remote site but their email address does not appear in the global address list. It seems that all the users we created on Day 1 appear in the Global Address List but any new additions don't. To my thinking, Active Directory is being replicated across the sites because the users can Log In and get authenticated at the other sites. What am I missing regarding the "update" of the Gl...

Look for
Dears, How can we change the default settings of my look for under: Activities->New Activity as Email -> To (lookup) when i click on lookup it pop-up a windows as Look for and the drop down list will show Account,Contact,Lead,Queueand User. here the default is Account. But i would like to change the default as Users since we are not using account module. Your early response will be much appriciated. Many thanks In advance. Syed. Syed - try this in the onload event for the email form: // script to set the 'To' field to default to the user entity if (crmForm.all.to != nul...

Modifying user defined data type
Hi How can I modify a user defined data type which is assigned to several fields across db? Thanks Regards You can't, I'm afraid. -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp http://sqlblog.com/blogs/tibor_karaszi "John" <info@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:#IntyI3xKHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi > > How can I modify a user defined data type which is assigned to several > fields across db? > > Thanks > > Regards > > > Basically, what Tibor...

Clarification on EWS/Exchange 2007 free/busy issue
Clarification: Free/busy is denied to any user that has been granted specific access to a user's calendar when EWS is used to add/change a permission for a person or group. If the user is a member of a security group listed with access to the calendars, all users in the group will be denied access to free/busy to the calendar. We've discovered that when a user uses EWS (version 13.0.3) to modify calendar permissions (Exchange 2007) on his/her calendar that this causes an issue where the free/busy info is no longer available to any user listed/granted specific access to the u...

Execute Procedure on a remote Access Db file
I am trying to open another Access DB from my current Access DB and trying to execute a SUB programatically. But I get a message that Microsoft Office Access can't find macro "ParseMnAFileAGH" message. Any help on this is much appriciated. Here is my code: SUB RunMacro() dim objAccess as Access.Application Set objAccess=CreateObject("Access.Application") objAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase ("C:\MnAAH.mdb") objAccess.docmd.RunMacro "ParseMnAFileAH" objAccess.DoCmd.Minimize Set objAccess = Nothing End sub "Kumar" <Kumar@disc...

trying to get day/month/year froamt while user enters year only
I am trying to get the end user to enter the year in question and then have the document return values in column A in dd/mmm/yyyy format and column B in Day of week format for all days in that year You would just use something like =DATE(2006,1,ROW()) copied down, but I am not clear where the year number is stored, and when the flip to column B happens. -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "RADIOOZ" <RADIOOZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A7C3C6F-8AEE-487F-8ADF-62F2234C3858@microsoft.com... > I ...

Remote Access Connection (RAS) over satellite on XP3
Client Machine(where I connect from) - XP Service Pack 3, PcAnywhere 10.5/11. Host Machine(where I connect to) - XP Service Pack 3, PcAnywhere 11. When I connect using PcAnywhere 10.5/11 to a host machine, I have problem whereby the remote connection is super slow. When the connection is establised, you need to count of 20 - 30 before it gets to load other windows/screens/pages. For your information, how the host receive a signal is via satellite. So how I connect to the host basically, the remote access has to go through the satellite dish > Indoor Unit (IDU) > 3Com Swi...

Journal Settings Won't Stick
Working with Outlook 2007 in a corporate environment and my users want to turn on journaling for the items in the "Also record files from:" entry. The user can turn on the setting and it will work with in that session but once Outlook is closed and reopened the checkboxes are cleared and journaling for these items stops working. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? TIA -- Rob Anyone have any ideas on this one? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Rob > Working with Outlook 2007 in a corporate environment and my users want to >...

Setting Split form Window Sizes
I can't get A2007 to remember any Split form window sizes after trying various options for the last 4 hours I've had enough, this should be simple. I've got Access options set to overlapping windows. I've switched off Auto Resize and Fit to Screen. I've tried saving the form after I've sized it to how I want. None of the above works - I can nearly get it to work if I set the "Split Form Orientation" to Datasheet on right, but it's still not how I save it!!! If I set the "Orientation" to below it's nowhere near and sometimes...

Safe way to exchange Users folder to another HD
Hi all, windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal HD (E: with data)(500 Gb). is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\Users and not having a pain in the a... with problems of: "not found", "impossible to add new users", etc. could be fine a step by step guide of how to do it, and thing that not has to be done. Thanks, Corsair. Corsair wrote: > windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal > HD (E: with data)(500 Gb). > > is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\U...

How do I change the e-mail I orginally set up outlook with?
Not sure what your question is. Do you mean you want to change your email account? "Sledge24" <Sledge24@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BE91BFB-6A14-40EF-9F0F-203792BEB3EB@microsoft.com... > ...

internal users not recognized in Exchange
We have an intermittant problem with some users. Another user will try to forward mail or reply to a meeting request and the mail will get bounced back as unser unknown in our system. This seems to be happening to certain users, but not all the time. It is generally consistant between the same sender and receiver. The sender can send the mail if s/he manually types in the address rather than using the default from the global address book. Any ideas? ...

SMTP AUTH relay attack
I have been hacked by the guest account being enabled.I have disabled the relay to allow all computers to relay. I still see the ques filling up after I clear them. Does anyone have any step by step instructions to stop all the smtp relay that I am getting. I have disabled the guest account and the bad mail folder is still filling up and the Exchange ques are still filled up. I have exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 server. I have no viruses on the Exchange box. Mydoom did go in the Quarntine section of the Norton Corporate Edition. We have done scans and no viruses have been found. A...

How to set up 2 diferent prices for 1 product?
Hallo. I need to set up special pricing for product. For example i sell bananas by 5$, but when they get not look good then I want to sell it by 1$. How to create the pricing mechanism for this situation. It’s not a special sales price because in the same time I can sell good bananas for a regular price. Ho to resolve that pricing situation in RMS? On May 2, 8:00 am, Martins <Mart...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hallo. > > I need to set up special pricing for product. > For example i sell bananas by 5$, but when they get not look good then I > want to se...

Settings Button (administrator features) Missing in Web Brower Cli
The Settings option in the web Browser client is missing on one machine but not on others. I deleted the cookies and restarted the browser and the Setting Button appears. Does anyone have a suggestion for how to correct the problem without deleting all cookies? Mark Nabors Hi Mark, I have noticed this too. It is very frustrating. I have read a post that says that this is a conflict between the web client and the outlook client. I think that the outlook client creates the cookie so that settings does not appear in the web client and not the outlook client. Supposedly this woul...

How can I prevent user from resizing fields in subform ?
If a user clicks on the heading of a field in a subform, they can resize the field. How can I prevent the user from doing this? Thanks Mark Change the default view of the subform from Datasheet to Continuous, and set the textbox controls for the fields to resemble a datasheet, but with each control set to the size you want. You can place labels in the subform's header section to display the field names (column titles). HTH, Rob <mthornblad@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1184742555.389067.49020@o11g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > If a user clicks on the heading of a fie...

Shortcut to other user's folders
At our office we view other user's folders by: File:Open:Other user's folder... Is there a way to make a shortcut in the "Outlook Shortcuts" pane on the left to one or more of these user's folders? Thanks! Edit: This is in Outlook 2000 ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ bump, nobody? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from ht...

prohibit send&receive message although the user hasn't reach the l
Hi all, Exchange2003 native mode: We have one user who gets a prohibit send&receive message every morning (limit:300MB) but she has only 50MB in her mailbox (showed by Outlook and ESM). Also the user can send, no further effects, just the mail. Curious: when I track the mail (or investigate the header) the mail has been initiated by another server in our organisation, not the server the mailbox relies. Believing the user there was no known mailbox move in the past, no change of her mailbox configuration recently. As first step I moved the mailbox to another store to filter possible ...