Setting the default address book for all users?

Hi,
I was just assigned the Exchange admin duties at our office.
We have Exchange 2003 server on Windows 2003 Enterprise.
Outlook XP (but moving to Outlook 2003 clients)

Office management wants the default address book that displays first to be
an Outlook address book instead of our Global Address book (our global
address book contains email addresses of other outside offices and an email
was accidently sent outside to someone with the same name).  They want this
done for ALL USERS.

I know how to do it in Outlooks with the Tools->Address Book-> Options etc.
Is there a way to set this globally through the server side or group policy
or perhaps registry key?
Thanks in advance.
Jeff

0
anonymous (74722)

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 13:25:43 -0500, "JJP"

>Hi,
>I was just assigned the Exchange admin duties at our office.
>We have Exchange 2003 server on Windows 2003 Enterprise.
>Outlook XP (but moving to Outlook 2003 clients)
>
>Office management wants the default address book that displays first to be
>an Outlook address book instead of our Global Address book (our global
>address book contains email addresses of other outside offices and an email
>was accidently sent outside to someone with the same name).  They want this
>done for ALL USERS.
>
>I know how to do it in Outlooks with the Tools->Address Book-> Options etc.
>Is there a way to set this globally through the server side or group policy
>or perhaps registry key?
>Thanks in advance.
>Jeff

This certainly isn't an Exchange question. Try looking at the Office
Resource Kit website which has a downloadable (huge XLS reference and
the actual ADM file) GPO kit which might be able to do what you need.

Failing that, ask in the Outlook groups. "Neo" often stops by here but
you're more likely to get a better answer in those Outlook groups.
0
mark7219 (5666)
10/6/2005 8:03:44 PM
Thanks Mark, after posting here, I did realize Outlook group might be better
so I did post this in that group.
I will also check the Office Resource Kit...thank you.
Jeff

> On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 13:25:43 -0500, "JJP"
> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>I was just assigned the Exchange admin duties at our office.
>>We have Exchange 2003 server on Windows 2003 Enterprise.
>>Outlook XP (but moving to Outlook 2003 clients)
>>
>>Office management wants the default address book that displays first to be
>>an Outlook address book instead of our Global Address book (our global
>>address book contains email addresses of other outside offices and an
>>email
>>was accidently sent outside to someone with the same name).  They want
>>this
>>done for ALL USERS.
>>
>>I know how to do it in Outlooks with the Tools->Address Book-> Options
>>etc.
>>Is there a way to set this globally through the server side or group
>>policy
>>or perhaps registry key?
>>Thanks in advance.
>>Jeff
>>

> This certainly isn't an Exchange question. Try looking at the Office
> Resource Kit website which has a downloadable (huge XLS reference and
> the actual ADM file) GPO kit which might be able to do what you need.
>
> Failing that, ask in the Outlook groups. "Neo" often stops by here but
> you're more likely to get a better answer in those Outlook groups.

0
anonymous (74722)

Removing multiple users from Outlook

.pdf save as settings

Web query timeout setting.

Setting up a new e-mail account

Getting the BCC field by default.

Re-enabled user account cannot log in
In trying to troubleshoot and issue in CRM where I had multiple user accounts for a single ADUC user, I tried disabling and re-enabling a user's account. But even after re-enabling the account the user cannot log in now. The error message says that it is disallowed when he tries to browse to the CRM server. Please help, I need to get this user account working again asap. Joel ...

MS Money '04 Reference Books
Is anyone aware of any good MS Money '04 reference books? I've checked the MS Press website, but they seem to have one for every software program other than Money. Any suggestions? Thanks much, Too many books ended up getting pulped--I'm not sure there are any for Money anymore. You might check on http://www.amazon.com. "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e72001c3f056$477b1c10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is anyone aware of any good MS Money '04 reference > books? I've checked the MS Press website, but they seem > to...

Setting in Outlook 2007
Hi I have Outlook 2007 with all updates, how do I change the settings so attachments, web addresses or inserted pictures are not removed or disallowed. Thanks for any help regards Daniel Attacments removed? - Uninstall your anti virus application Web addresses - In internet options ensure outlook is set as default mail app "Daniel" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:OcOS1y97JHA.5356@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I have Outlook 2007 with all updates, how do I change the settings so > attachments, web addresses or inserted pictures are not removed...

Setting up Word to automatically open in Standard mode, zoom=page margins
I've tried to find ways to handle this through the normal.dot file and can't find it... Word wants to open in layout mode and 200% zoom, forcing me to manually select mode and zoom. Any way to get Word to do what I want instead of what it wants? Thanks for your time. ===== Edward Lipsett Fukuoka, Japan Hi Edward: Word will open each document in the view and zoom it as last saved in. The onyl way to have a particular view happen every time is to create an AutoOpen() macro that specifies the view you want. Turn on your Macro Recorder and record yourself setting the view and zo...

LDAP Address Book
I use LDAP for my address book lookup. When I try to lookup an address it comes back with "Unable to display results because too many entries in the Internet Directory match your search criteria" Any ideas what is wrong? It works just fine in Windows 2000 but not with XP. ...

Outlook2K3 and POP3 settings
Greetings list, I have a quick question and am also needing something somewhere that will explain in further detail how POP3 works with Outlook 2003. Scenario: I have a remote user that had been using Outlook 2003 with Exchange services and is now unable to use them from his location. In order to allow for him to connect to our mail server, we switched him over to a POP3 connector. All of his settings are correct and he is able to receive email without issue. However, it appears that the setting in his Send/Receive groups settings are not responsive to the time limit he has listed. I ha...

OWA user can only see subject
Hello friends, OWA users are unable to see their mail. Only Subject field is visible, without mail contents(No message is visible). Our outlook is working fine. Any ideas why this is happening and how we can solve this. Regards Guri ...

How Do I Create A Personal Address Book In Outlook 2002
Hi: I'm new to Outlook 2002 and would like to know how do i go about creating a personal address book. Thanks in advance. Lisa wrote: > Hi: > > I'm new to Outlook 2002 and would like to know how do i go > about creating a personal address book. > > Thanks in advance. You have a contacts folder ...that's what you should use. "Personal Address Book" means .pab file - it's an old legacy thing, not what you want or need. Enter all your contacts/addresses in your Contacts folder. If it isn't showing up as an address book when you click the TO bu...

Outlook 2007 "Move to folder" default setting
By default, in Outlook 2007, when you right-click on a message and select "Move to Folder", the initial folder selected is the last folder that a message has been moved into. Is there a way to have this option always default to Inbox? Thanks much for the help! No, but you can also directly move the message to your Inbox folder via drag & drop instead of using the Move To dialog for this. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.ms...

How to export users list from MS-Exchange AD Users&Computers?
Hello, I want to export my exchange mailbox-enabled users list with their Given Name+Surname and e-mail address.. I get this kind of list from ActiveDirectory Users&Computers but I can not export it.. I know that there is a program somewhere that does what I want, but I can't remember it's name.. Note: I don't mean LDIFDE tools.. Thanks for your help. Capricorn As always...be careful and test things in a lab first, please. LDIFDE tools can be pretty ugly... CSVDE will work and it is possible to limit the columns that are output by CSVDE. Note: If you have a large ...

Adding user / deployment manager
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00F2_01C59850.B067B780 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can anyone help with this error I'm getting, so far installed software = on server and then get this The server localhost is not responding. this might happen if it is = currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you do not = have specific privileges to run user manager. for more information = contact your system administrator. Never used this package before and want to give it a t...

Reports with User Date ranges
I'm trying to modify SOP activity reports to print with the restriction of the User Date - not the Document Date. I can't find this field or range. Is there a way I can get any SOP activity report to print the activity for the USER DATE I specify? Thanks. What is the "user date?" I'm not aware of a field with that name. Are you talking about a user-defined field or some other date field? If so, you will need to create your own report; use SmartList; or use Dexterity to modify the selections. "Sal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...