Setting Out Off Office Assistant Server Side

Hi,

I have an employee who is off sick. I would like to set an out of
office assistant for her. The only way i can see to do is to logon to
her machine as her and set it. Is there any way to set the out of
office assistant on the server side. I'm running exchange 2003 and
office XP.

Any help would be GREAT!!!

Thanks in advance.

Simon

Not by default, there is a third-party app that lets you do this:
http://www.symprex.com/products/oom/

--
Mark Fugatt
Exchange MVP
"Simon" <simonrlee22@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have an employee who is off sick. I would like to set an out of
> office assistant for her. The only way i can see to do is to logon to
> her machine as her and set it. Is there any way to set the out of
> office assistant on the server side. I'm running exchange 2003 and
> office XP.
>
> Any help would be GREAT!!!
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Simon

0
Mark

Project Server file versions
In Project Server 2007 is there a way to save off snapshots of a schedule? Currently we check our schedules into Sharepoint, which has file revision history built in, but Project Server 2007 doesn't seem to have a similar capability. I realize I can use baselining to track differences between points in a project history, but let's say for example I make a series of updates to a schedule, publish that project into Project Server, only to find out later that the situation has changed and I need to back out all those changes. How would I get back? I suppose one soluti...

2008 Terminal Server on SBS2003 domain
I’m trying to implement a 2008 Terminal Server on an SBS 2003 domain. I found that the connect server wizard did not work. I manually added the 2008 server to the sbs2003 domain. I setup and configured terminal service licensing with no problems I setup all applications with no problems. However, when we started testing from a remote office we receive an error - The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship. Could anyone help with this issue? me wrote: >I’m trying to implement a 2008 Terminal Server on an SBS ...

Formula assistance please . .
Hi people, Had a query passed to me about a formula and despite my efforts, have reached the decision to seek help from your good selves! Worksheet looks like this; Col F Col AB Col AC 8564848485858565 5236523652365236 0 8484848484848484 7412741274127412 0 1234567891234567 8484848484848484 1 2582582582582586 8484848456789253 0 8484848484856547 8567458698562311 0 Column F is an ever-increasing year-to-date li...

Outlook 2003
Here's the problem: Every tiem I open Outlook it displays an error message that my Exchange server is unavailable. What I know: I know the Exchange server is up & running without any problems. The desktop computer is on the network and can browse and ping different devices. DNS is resolving names properly. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? ...

Microsoft Office 2000 Publisher
On my old computer using Windows 98 I had Publisher and some .pub files. On my new computer using XP, I loaded the Office Suite, but I no longer see Publisher. I still have the other Office programs, but even Setup doesn't show Publisher anymore. I need Publisher to see and work with my .pub files, but can't. How do I get Publisher back? Which version and edition of Office did you try to install? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "GJ" <GJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Connection to server in outlook
How do I fix the error in outlook 2003 that says "A connection to the server could not be established". Thanks Check your server settings and use the Test Account Settings option. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, sovitj5 asked: | How do I fix the error in outlook 2003 that says "A connection to the | server could not be established". | | Thanks I got th...

Rename crm server
Hello, I have one little question. Is there some problems with crm when I rename computer name of crm server? Thanks a lot Renaming your crm server (stand alone CRM server) should be ok. Besure to update the DNS and any network settings in your environment depending on the previous server name. Your Outlook and Web client also needs to be updated. Worst case scenaro - uninstall/reinstall CRM server keeping existing database. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. www.workopia.com "Fanda Koudel" wrote: > Hello, I have one little question. Is there some problems with crm when I > r...

MS Office 12 Event ID: 5000
I am consistently seeing this error pertaining to MS Office 2007 on two Windows 2003 terminal servers. The error is as follows: Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Office 12 Event Category: None Event ID: 5000 Date: 12/15/2009 Time: 4:35:52 PM User: N/A EventType office12asserttimer, P1 p1ml, P2 12.0.6425.0, P3 1, P4 0, P5 NIL, P6 NIL, P7 NIL, P8 NIL, P9 NIL, P10 NIL. I have Googled this problem, but can't find a workable solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Very strange, we've started to have the same issue, since yesterday 15 decemb...

Can we set the UI color scheme via VB[A} or XML?
Does anyone know a way to set the color scheme for the UI, using VB[A} or XML? Can this even be done? Thanks -- Garry Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc Sorry for not qualifying the Excel version. It's v12 or higher. -- Garry Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc ...

Saving e-mails on server
I am having a problem with my e-mails being saved on the server of my internet provider. When that file is full, I do not receive any e-mails. I have gone onto providers website and deleted the 152 or so messages. One would think that would fix the problem, but no soap. I am told that my Outlook is set up to save these messages to the server? Any thoughts or suggestions? Or if you really do want them on the server because you check your email from multiple PCs, just leave the box checked but then check one of the other boxes for Delete after XX days or Delete when you delete the m...

slow outlook after changed adress of exchange server
after we have migrated accounts from one to another mailserver the outlook2000 clients (after changing te settings) are very slow and sometimes they even hang. I supose there are some cached settings....but can's find them. Who can helpme out. P.S. deleting the profile and making a new one works, but there must be another way.... ...

SBS2008 Premium
Many apologies, I've probably asked this before, but I don't recall getting a full answer. We've a customer who has purchased SBS2008 Premium. We've used the second server copy to install as a DC at another branch site. We want to use the SQL Server that comes as part of the Premium package to install onto an existing seperate server at the main site which was not part of the SBS2008 Premium package. Are we allowed to do this ? or will it allow us to do this even ? Will the SBS 2008 client CAL's cover this ? They are covering this as part of the SBS2...

Can't find other users on exchange server to share calendar

Set Increment on Spin Button to 0.1
I'm using a spin button from the control toolbar to increase the value in a cell. the min value i want is 0 the maximum is 2 but i want it to increase by 0.1 in the properties this doesn't seem to be allowed help!!!! Thanx Mark Mark, Here is one way. Link your spinbutton to an unused cell (I use) A15. Set the max to 20. Then in code, set the real cell's value like so Private Sub SpinButton1_SpinUp() Range("A16").Value = Range("A15").Value / 10 End Sub Private Sub SpinButton1_SpinDown() Range("A16").Value = Range("A15").Valu...

Is it possible to search client/server rules across the entire dom
Basically my company wants to make sure that nobody has a rule in place that forwards company emails to an external account. Is it possible to search the exchange environment for rules? Thanks, Nick You can (and should, IMO) disable automatic replies and forwards to the Internet, an global setting. How you would do that depends on your version of Exchange, which you didn't bother to disclose. So you are welcome to search Google for "disable automatic replies to Internet Exchange 200x" where "200x" is your version of Exchange. -- Ed Crowley MVP &...

SMTP recieve connector on Edge server
Hello all Testing out Exchange 2007. I have the hub and Edge server on two seperate machines. I have configured a recieve connecotor on the Edge server, so the Edge server can accept emails from the hub, i also have the default send connector that was created whith the edge subscription service. From the Edge server if i telnet to for example a yahoo.com mail server i can send mail just fine. If i send an email using OWA the emails get queued up on the hub server in the edgesync queu. If i telnet from the hub server to the edge server and try and send an email i get "failed ...

Create set based on column items feature in Pivot Tables 2010
I have a pivot table created in 2010 that I would like to use the 'create sets' feature in. However it is not enabled. The three 'sets' features are disabled as are the OLAP tools / What if analysis options on the Pivot Table options ribbon. What am i missing??? Cheers Julie Okay, found the problem - for 2010 the sets are only allowable for OLAP based Pivot Tables. :( On Nov 23, 10:16=A0am, jigsaw <jul...@consultant.com> wrote: > I have a pivot table created in 2010 that I would like to use the > 'create sets' feature in. =A0However it is not enabled....

Internal messages bouncing after server\domain migration
Greetings, Any message created under the old domain bounces on reply because Exchange is trying to use the old AD info to route the message. Is there a way to safely change this? This will be a non-issue after all the old threads are exhausted, but it is a pain to have to readdress everything instead of just hitting reply. And help would be grealty appreciated - Thanks ...

How to remove IRM from Office 2007 Docs
Hello, I had to rebuild my box today. Prior to the rebuild I moved all files from all profiles onto a remote drive. My files & docs were protected on the existing build. Once the new build was completed, I am unable to access most docs. The doc title is in green text and the following message sp9ins up when I select one of the docs- "Word cannot open the document: user does not have access privileges (<drive>:\rebuild BU\file name) OS = Win XP SP3 Office = Office 2007 Thanks for any assistance~ Mark C. ...

Email set up
I think I need help setting this up. I am trying to set it up ... but unsure if I am using pop or smtp. can someone please guid me in the right direction? Thanks Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Kids" <deon@longhorn-services.com> wrote in message news:upfpIR7nKHA.1928@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I think I need help setting this up. I am trying to set it u...

Office v.X and new G5
I just moved Office v.X from my G4 to a new G5. When I try to open an Office document (Word or Excel) I always get the message, "This action will open Microsoft Word (Excel) for the first time. Do you want to do that?" This message ALWAYS appears even if I have opened that document several times before. Any ideas? This is a security message from Panther (just later versions, I think), telling you a new program is getting launched on your computer (in case it's a virus triggering something completely new). But you should get it only *once* for each program. You might see if ag...

Office 2003
I am thinking of purchasing the Office Student edition for my home use. Currently I use Office 2000 at home which is compatible with Office Professional that I use at work. If I create or alter documents in the new 2003 version will I be able to work on these on my office system or will they not be backward compatible? Thanks, Shaun File formats are the same so *in general* you should be OK, but you can always save as a previous version if you want. Only other thing to be wary of is if 2003 has any new features that you use in the spreadsheet, as obviously those are not backwards c...

General Setting Question
I think I have modifed setting and I am not sure which one it is. I am running 2007, and I have changed something so that when I click into the formula bar to edit an equation, I can no longer drag the cells to adjust the equation. There used to be bold outlines around the cells involved in the equation, which I could drag. Now there are just unbolded oultines and I cannot select grab cell and drag it to adjust the formula. Any suggestions on what I changed and how to undo it. Click on the Office Button and choose Excel Options. Select the Advanced Tab. Under Editing Options...

Setting column width in printed reports
I print the same reports every week. Every week they are a different width on the page. How do you set the column width to print the same width on the page? How do you know if it is going to fit on the page? ...

Can you rename a Exchange server?
Can you change the name of an Exchange 2003 server? Reason for asking is I am migrating to a new Exchange 2003 server. After the migration I would like to take the old server offline and rename the new server. This will save me from having to touch each workstation to reconfigure the outlook client. Others will give a more complete answer (with links), but the short answer is that there shouldn't be any need to do that. Just set up the new server in the same Exchange org as the current one. Move the mailboxes. When a user connects for the first time, they will automatically be mo...