Setting Out Off Office Assistant Server Side

Hi,

I have an employee who is off sick. I would like to set an out of
office assistant for her. The only way i can see to do is to logon to
her machine as her and set it. Is there any way to set the out of
office assistant on the server side. I'm running exchange 2003 and
office XP.

Any help would be GREAT!!!

Thanks in advance.

Simon

Not by default, there is a third-party app that lets you do this:
http://www.symprex.com/products/oom/

--
Mark Fugatt
Exchange MVP
"Simon" <simonrlee22@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have an employee who is off sick. I would like to set an out of
> office assistant for her. The only way i can see to do is to logon to
> her machine as her and set it. Is there any way to set the out of
> office assistant on the server side. I'm running exchange 2003 and
> office XP.
>
> Any help would be GREAT!!!
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Simon

0
Mark

Problem Opening Notebooks on New Server
I have a small office and we all store and use notebooks on our server. We moved all of our data to a new server yesterday, and now when we try to open the notebooks we get a message that says: "OneNote needs a password to sync some of your notebooks", and we are unable to open the notebooks. Interestingly, if we open the notebook through a mapped drive to the location, we get the error. But, if we navigate directly to the notebook through the network, it will open with no error. We are having no other problems with this mapped drive. Thanks! ...

Exchange Troubleshooting assistant
Using the exchange troubleshooting assitant. I get to the step where it wants to collect performance data or use an existing .blg file. What I want it to is use an existing .etl file that I collected with exmon. Later in the process as I step through the wizard it does prompt for an existing .etl file, this is confusing. It makes you choose a .blg or create a new one but then latter asks you have a .etl file. Not sure what log file it it is using at this point. So...is there a way to convert a .etl to .blg so that I can use my exising ..etl log file, or can somebody explain why it...

A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0
I have an application that will happily post 20TPS from 9 different processes running on three different computers. In the middle of all this happiness, I'll get about three seconds of: A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.) and then posting returns to normal. Only one of the nine processes will be affected. None of the applications are connecting/reconnection. Each is using a dedicated SQLClient connection to a SQLServer ...

help me set up a Event Macros
i am looking to use more than 3 colors in my spreadsheet i can do the conditional formatting for 3 colors but need help to use 5 colors. I am new to this so please tell me how to do this thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could use a worksheet_change event: rightclick on the worksheet tab that should have this behavior. Select View code and paste this in the code window. Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim myColor As Long If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("a:a")) I...

Sounds in Office 2004
I just installed Office 2004 over Office X and I have no sounds -save etc. <br> The sounds on all other programs work fine - just Office. Any ideas? The problem was solved. Preferences. ...

Office Update doesn't recognize current Service Pack level
Hi - I went to the Microsoft Office Update site & let it scan for updates I needed (I am currently at Service Pack 3 on Office 2K), but it came back as saying I needed to install Service Pack 1. Any one have any ideas here? Thanks, Jeff ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Mobile Express set-up problem
After the installation, when I try to add some entities to the mobile application I get the following error: <?xml version="1.0"?> <configuration> <appSettings> <add key="DraftXmlLocation" value="C:\CrmMobileExpress\DraftXML.xml"/> <add key="PublishedXmlLocation" value="C:\CrmMobileExpress\PublishedXML.xml"/> <add key="Microsoft.Crm.Sandbox.Mobile.CrmServiceSdk.CrmService" value="http://triton:5555/MSCRMServices/2006/CrmService.asmx"/> <add key="Microsoft.Crm.Sandbox.Mobil...

Book1
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\XLStart\Book1.xl -- mdalb ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mdalby's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=705 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26311 The template should be named Book.xlt, not Book1.xlt. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "mdalby" <mdalby.1d31an@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:mdalby.1d31an@excelforum-nospam.com... > >...

'Server XXXX Not Available.' When Trying To Add a Process Server in the DPS Server Setup Window
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0020_01C9BDE1.B1EBED50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Issue 'Server XXXX not available' occurs when trying to add a process server = in the DPS Server Setup window.=20 Resolution If the Process Monitor is not running at the workstation you are trying = to add as a new process server, you will receive the message 'Server = XXXX not available'.=20 To start the Process Monitor, drag the Dynamics.set file on top of the = DPS.exe file in your...

Getting Windows Installer error message when starting Office appli
When I start an Office application I initially get a "Windows Installer" window to pop up stating "Preparing to install...". Approximately 30 seconds or so later a window pops up titled "Problem with Shortcut". The statement in this window is "This update package could not be opened. Verify that the update package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify this is a valid Windows Installer update package." I am running Vista and Office 2007. This has not been a problem in the past. It appears a recent...

File set up query.
Can i set up an excel file to open automatically on pc start up? The easiest is to use the Startup folder available in the Start Menu. To access it go to Start - Programs - Startup. You can delete or add tasks here according to your needs. They will start after Windows logon. When you start Excel, all the files that are located in the XLStart folder are automatically opened. Additionally, if you specified an alternative startup folder for Excel, every file in that folder is also automatically opened. To specify an alternative startup folder, in Microsoft Excel 2002 or Microsof...

whihc microsoft office can i use to determine loan amortization
I am looking for programs wherein I can determine loan amortization "Justin Reyes" <JustinReyes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:304D4935-F597-4BE9-A290-59C78A19AEBC@microsoft.com... |I am looking for programs wherein I can determine loan amortization You need Excel, not Access -- Len ______________________________________________________ remove nothing for valid email address. ...

Set color for chart serie in excel 2007/2010
Hi! I want to do a macro that sets the color for the chart series to the color the company has desided to use. We have a theme but we can only set color for the first 6 series and we often use much more series. I have understod that this isnt so easy as to loop thru the series and set the color since the color is set on different ways depending on the charttype for the serie, or is it a way to do this so it works for all chart types? thanks As you say only six basic colours are available. However each subsequent set of six is a shade lighter, although each incremental differe...

POP3 Emails and Exchange Server
Hey all: I have a virtual POP3 Server running on my exchange server 2000. My company just purchased a bunch of Treo 600 and want to set them up to receive corporate emails. What I would like to do is use the POP3 Account instead of purchasing a package that would work directly with Exhange Server. My question is how do I find out what my pop3 account name is. I tried using pop3.mydomainname.com, and mail.mydomainname.com, but that didn;t work. Can anyone provide me with the steps to locate the name of my pop3 account. Thanks ...

ADC won't connect to Exchange server 5.5.
I am running Win2k SP4 with Exchange 5.5 SP4 running on it. I want to migrate Exchange 5.5 to a new Win2k3 R2 member server running Exchange server 2003 SP2. Since I need coexistence, it asks me to run Active Directory Connector. Once ADC installed, I entered the name of my server and the default 389 port. Then on step 2 of the ADC it says to click data collection, when I click run it says "Server migrate (server_name): 389 is not an Exchange 5.5 server or an SRS service." LDAP is enabled on Exchange 5.5. and I tested LDAP connectivity on port 389 on both ends and it wo...

Can not see Public Folders in OWA after upgrading Front-End Server
We just performed an in-place upgrade of one of our Exchange front-end servers. Everything was upgraded successfully, but now our users are getting the following error when launching OWA and trying to access their folder list as Public Folders are not showing: Microsoft Internet Explorer / An internal server error occurred. If you click OK, it will let you continue working, but you can not access Public Folders. Has anyone seen this type of issue and if so, how can we correct it? THANKS! ...

How do I set up Auto complete for common words
I am new to outlook 2007. in outlook 2003 i had many words, such as regards, yours faithfully, etc that would auto complete when i started typing them. in 2007 i can not seem to get this working. Any help would be appreciated. Adam ...

Older Office
A friend of mine has an older version of Office with Word 5.1a. She also refuses to upgrade to OS X because of the fear of not being able to use that version of Word. Right now she is at OS 9.0 and still is able to use Word. She wants to get a FireWire CD burner which will require 9.1. If she updates to 9.1 will she break Word 5.1a? Thanks -- Walt Basil www.basilweb.net To email, use (first name)@(last name)web.net Possibly. Word 5.1a is not supposed to run on OS 9. People have gotten it to, but I understand certain features don't work, apparently inessential ones. As far as ...

Set Print Preview to always show color
It was easy enough to get Publisher 2003 to perform a print preview in black and white using Tools, Commercial Printing Tools. I want to set it back to print preview in color but it refuses to do so. I have jacked around with all of the radio buttons for Any Color, Single color, Process Colors, etc. but nothing seems to work. If anyone can help me out, please do so. -- Thanks Wes Newman How about the printer settings? Are they set to color? The Generic Color Postscript for Commercial Printing has a color choice in the preferences. Paper/Quality tab. Have you checked the printer pre...

Exchange Server 2003
Hello, I'm new to Exchange 2003, I'm running a linux box to do Spam flitering - How do I add the Linux box as a relay server in the Exchange System mangager ? The Linux box is relaying the mail . Thanks "Donta" wrote: > Hello, > > I'm new to Exchange 2003, I'm running a linux box to do Spam flitering - How > do I add the Linux box as a relay server in the Exchange System mangager ? > The Linux box is relaying the mail . > > > Thanks You need to add an SMTP connector then set the linux server as a Smart Host (I forget where...

Office Install Fails
Given: Fresh install Windows XP Pro with SP3 Office 2007 Pro Symptom: Office 2007 Pro Install Error Message: "Setup cannot find Proofing.en-us\Proof.es\Proof.cab" When I go to the specific directory and click on it and retry I get the error message "Invalid location". If I retry from a parent directory (IE: \Proofing.en-us) I get the same "Invalid location" message. I can see the appropriate files on the CD. Trying something else I attempted to copy the parent directory (Proofing.en-us) and all contents to the C: drive. ...

How to set form caption / text?
I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2. I am developing an application with main window and a few childs window. How to set each child window text / caption everytime I call DoModal? If I set "Entry Form" then the window I call will displayed with "Entry Form" caption. Thank you. You can use SetWindowText to set it. For a dialog, you should do it any time after its created(IOW, not in constructor). OnInitDialog and after is fine. -- Ajay "Landon" <Landon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F18C3988-E5F2-413E-8CCF-78143066DB29@microsoft.com... >I ...

Avoiding a process inherit all handles from it parent when SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES is set to TRUE
Hi There is a manner to choose what handles will be inherited by a child process ? I have a file opened by the parent process but the childs must not inherit it. I must use inheritance to STDOUT redirection. Thanks -- Leandro Gustavo Biss Becker eSystech Embedded Systems Technologies +55(41)3029-2960 http://www.lanmanager.com.br http://www.esystech.com.br ...

AutoUpdater not running in my office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, My Office 2008 AutoUpdater will not run when in my office. It runs fine at home but due to the size of the files I prefer to run the updates in the office. We use a proxy cache in the office but I would have thought that AutoUpdate would simply use my system network preferences. Strangely if I run the update check at home and it reports updates are available and then bring the computer into the office it will download and install fine - so it appears it is only the checking for updates that is affected. I cannot fin...

SMTP Server Failure / Not Logging
We are running the following: Windows Server 2003 SP2 (all latest hotfixes) Exchange 2003 SP2 routing our outbound messages through a smart host as we have for the past 2 years (including a server rebuild in the past year) in a single server environment for my organization. Recently our users started receiving notifications that their messages had been delayed. When viewing the queue it shows a massive amount of messages waiting in the queue to be delivered through the smart host. When looking at the SMTP logs - the last entry listed is 504+Need+to+Authenticate +First. I reviewed the setti...