setting mailbox store limits for different users

I'm wanting to create three levels of exchange user in my organisation
and allow them mailbox store llimits of 50mb, 100mb and 200mb

I was hoping to do this by setting the minimum level in ESM then using
AD security groups to group users and set mailbox store overrides -
but the override setting doesn't seem to be available for groups, only
individual users

Is there some other way to do this? or can I only override per
individual?

I only have Exchange 2003 standard, so creating more stores is not an
option.

Any thoughts and advice would be much appreciated.

0
cw1972 (36)

ADMODIFY.NET is good at setting options in bulk across different users -
give that a try.

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

"cw1972" <cw1972@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm wanting to create three levels of exchange user in my organisation
> and allow them mailbox store llimits of 50mb, 100mb and 200mb
>
> I was hoping to do this by setting the minimum level in ESM then using
> AD security groups to group users and set mailbox store overrides -
> but the override setting doesn't seem to be available for groups, only
> individual users
>
> Is there some other way to do this? or can I only override per
> individual?
>
> I only have Exchange 2003 standard, so creating more stores is not an
> option.
>
> Any thoughts and advice would be much appreciated.

0
neil.hobson (1158)
4/11/2007 8:15:51 AM
thank you - ADModify.net looks to be ideal - at first I thought it was
missing the "Storage Limits" option, but it's just on a different tab
to what it is in ADUC

many thanks for pointing me towards that

On 11 Apr, 09:15, "Neil Hobson [MVP]"
<neil.hob...@nospam.silversands.co.uk> wrote:
> ADMODIFY.NET is good at setting options in bulk across different users -
> give that a try.
>
> --
> Neil Hobson
> Exchange MVPhttp://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/
>
> "cw1972" <cw1...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > I'm wanting to create three levels of exchange user in my organisation
> > and allow them mailbox store llimits of 50mb, 100mb and 200mb
>
> > I was hoping to do this by setting the minimum level in ESM then using
> > AD security groups to group users and set mailbox store overrides -
> > but the override setting doesn't seem to be available for groups, only
> > individual users
>
> > Is there some other way to do this? or can I only override per
> > individual?
>
> > I only have Exchange 2003 standard, so creating more stores is not an
> > option.
>
> > Any thoughts and advice would be much appreciated.- Hide quoted text -

cw1972 (36)
4/11/2007 10:48:41 AM
after playing with it for a while, ADModify.net is an extremely
powerful tool that easy to use and will allow me to what I want with
relative ease

Now I can populate more fields of my AD with company-wide information

On 11 Apr, 11:48, "cw1972" <cw1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> thank you - ADModify.net looks to be ideal - at first I thought it was
> missing the "Storage Limits" option, but it's just on a different tab
> to what it is in ADUC
>
> many thanks for pointing me towards that
>
> On 11 Apr, 09:15, "Neil Hobson [MVP]"
>

> <neil.hob...@nospam.silversands.co.uk> wrote:
> > ADMODIFY.NET is good at setting options in bulk across different users -
> > give that a try.
>
> > --
> > Neil Hobson
> > Exchange MVPhttp://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/
>
> > "cw1972" <cw1...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > I'm wanting to create three levels of exchange user in my organisation
> > > and allow them mailbox store llimits of 50mb, 100mb and 200mb
>
> > > I was hoping to do this by setting the minimum level in ESM then using
> > > AD security groups to group users and set mailbox store overrides -
> > > but the override setting doesn't seem to be available for groups, only
> > > individual users
>
> > > Is there some other way to do this? or can I only override per
> > > individual?
>
> > > I only have Exchange 2003 standard, so creating more stores is not an
> > > option.
>
> > > Any thoughts and advice would be much appreciated.- Hide quoted text -

cw1972 (36)

First Try at Creating a User Form
I have exhausted my search abilities to find an answer to what should be a simple question. I created a user form that pretty much duplicates the built in Data Form. The major difference is that it does not contain all of the fields in the data base -- just a few of them and it doesn't have all of the controls only a Next and Previous control as well a Close. The form is just what I want but I can't figure out how to get it to display the values of the fields when I open it. That is the first problem.. I want it, like the built in form, to show the values of fields for each recor...

Forwarding Using Mail Enabled Users
Are there any differences forwarding mail to an external recipient using a mail enabled user vs a mailbox enabled user forwarding to a contact aside from the fact that the mail enabled user doesn't have a mailbox? In news:eRPSivG0FHA.3408@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl, Steve Fukumoto <steve.fukumoto@necsam.com> typed: > Are there any differences forwarding mail to an external recipient > using a mail enabled user vs a mailbox enabled user forwarding to a > contact aside from the fact that the mail enabled user doesn't have a > mailbox? A mail-enabled user has an external...

public calendar- users can only view items they added????
hi lovely people, i'm trying to get my head round creating a public calendar, a year planner for the business with our small 1 server domain. we just got sbs 2003 after many years of a decrepid nt4 thing, its quite a culture shock!!! anyways here is my question... i've created a public folder calendar. i did this through outlook 2003 in my administrator account. i added numerous events to this public calendar fine and dandy from the same account. now, i can add to and view this public calendar quite happily. my problem is, i can add this new public calendar to any other user ac...

Set default application to open some kind of file
Hi group, How can i set the system to open all .doc files with word?: Thanks, Rodolfo Fontes Get Info (Command-I) on a .doc file. Set the default to open with Microsoft Word. Now all .doc files should open into Word when double-clicked. -Mark "Rodolfo Fontes" <rodolfofontes@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message news:OxsCGSdcFHA.2696@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi group, > > How can i set the system to open all .doc files with word?: > > Thanks, > Rodolfo Fontes > ...

Multiple users #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I installed a home/student version of Office. My wife installed the same and unfortunately used the same of the three product codes. Every time she uses this I get kicked off. I uninstalled Office and re-installed with the idea of entering a different product code, but it never asked for a product key code. The program is fully working, except when my wife starts using hers and I get kicked off again. How do I fix this? See step #4 here: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/install/index.html#resetkey -- HTH |:>) Bo...

inbox limit
>From earlier postings I gathered that there is a 2GB limit on the Outlook Inbox's PST file. I think there is a limit of 64,000 messages as well. How can I increase this limit on MS Outlook, on MS Windows XP Professional computer. Thanks, Yasaswi Can't increase it when running Outlook 97 thru 2002. (Its hard coded into the application) Outlook 2003 is the only version that breaks this bearer with a new PST file format. Out of the box it has a software limit of 20GB (unknown item count because performance basically degrades after a bit). This file size limit can be increased...

Maximum number of SMTP addresses per user
Hi we use an antispam filter that using ldap to determine if an email address is valid before it reaches our exchange servers. This is very effective and reduces the ammount of spam we receive. The system does not send bounce backs if an address is not valid. What I have been asked to do is to send find a way to send a message back to the sender when someone emails an address of an employee that has left the company to inform them to contact our customer services department. The only way I can think of doing this is to create a mailbox that has multiple smtp addresses on it that has an...

Article 327378
I am confused about the article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327378. After applying the changes mentioned in the article , how long will it take for the new mailbox limits to enforced? Which registry entry is the amount of time it will take for the changes to take effect? Thank-you Kevin At most it will take two hours. Every two hours Exchange refreshes it's cache of directory items. At that time it pulls down, among other things, all new mailbox limits. You can force this by restarting the Information Store. Teo -- Teo Heras MCSE, CCNA Blog: http...

Set Dynamic Entity State
Hi, I'm trying to set the state of a dynamic entity, and this code results in a "server unable to process request". Any ideas? Dim mon As New Moniker mon.Id = New Guid(oId) mon.Name = oTypeName Dim oState As New SetStateDynamicEntityRequest oState.Entity = mon oState.State = 1 oState.Status = ddStatus.SelectedItem.Value 'status reasons from a drop down menu ' Execute the request. Dim stateSetResp As SetStateDynamicEntityResponse = CType(service.Execute(oState), SetStateDynamicEntityResponse) ...

User accidentally removed Microsoft CRM hierarchy in Outlook
How do I get it back? ...

SheetActivate event not triggered by PF5 (goto) range on different sheets.
Hi, I just noticed that the SheetActivate event is not triggered by PF goto ranges on different sheets. The same happens if the sheet i changed by selecting a named range in the drop-down list of the "Nam Box". I'm using Excel 2000 on top of XP. Is this a known issue, any workarounds, etc? thanks, Scot -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

budget
I am trying out the Microsoft 2004 trial version. I am trying to set up the budget. I have been successful except for one category: Utilities: Cell Phone. I happened to pay my bill in the month prior, so I want to budget 0 for September. Even if I put 0 in the bill scheduler and customize the "other expenses for cell phone" charges to 0 for the month of September, I still have an amount of $38.37 coming up as the budgeted amount for September. I tried deleting my scheduled transaction, removing the category from the budget, then adding back the bill even with a differe...

OWA Blocked Senders List limit
My boss is out of town using OWA to check his e-mail. He received a message and did the usual. He right clicks on the message and attempts to add the sender to the "blocked senders list". He then receives the following message, "An error occurred processing your junk e-mail lists. You are over the size limit allowed on your server. Contact your server administrator." That would be me. I'd appreciate any help here. I don't know of any limits on the junk e-mail list. I plead for a solution. Thank you, Andy ...

how to make outlook go to a different folder (then inbox) when opened or tabbed
Does any one know how to make outlook point to some personal folder when it opens and when coming back from the calendar? Thanks, Reuven. Tools->Options->Other->Advanced->When starting Outlook... --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, reuven.sa@gmail.com asked: | Does any one know how to make outlook point to some personal folder | when it opens and when coming back from...

New Users can't Access Mailbox
An NT4 BDC with Exchange 5.5 running with W2k3 AD (as PDC emulator) in a single domain. The original NT4 PDC was upgraded in place. Note: old users are those created before the in-place (NT4 to W2k3) upgrade and new users are those created after the upgrade. Why can't new users access their Exch5.5 mailbox while all old users have no problem accessing it? New users can only logon to the domain and that's it. What am I missing? I'm completely lost. Have you specified Primary NT account for mailbox correctly? Compare account properties between old and new, there should be some ...

logging mailbox logins
I have a user that needs to be monitored on how often the login. Where do I find this information or file? I find it here on my Exchange 2003 Server- Exchange System Manager- Exchange|Servers|Server_Name|First Storage Group|Mailbox Store|Logons Hope that helps some... "Chris" wrote: > I have a user that needs to be monitored on how often the login. Where do I > find this information or file? That is correct but that is not what I had in mind. That only shows the last login and logoff. I want a tally of the users logins to mailbox. Thanks for reply. "Christopher...

Is there a way in Exchange 2000 to export a list of all the mailboxes over a certain size?
Is there a way in Exchange 2000 to export a list of all the mailboxes over a certain size? At the moment I am just going in Exchange System Manager and then trawling through all the storage groups to check the numbers. It is kind of laborious to check the size of mailboxes and the number of messages one at a time, so was wondering if there is a way to do this automatically within Exchange, or do I need to use third party tools? Thanks, QH This is possible if you have Crystal. There is a 3rd party, will have a poke around now Yes it is possible to get a list of mailboxes over a certain s...

Control Code to set a Date
My Combo Box [cbOwnerName] has a Row Source [qPayableTotalForPayment] which has 9 Columns in combo box the last Column being [My Date]MyDate: Format([MaxOfBillDate],"d-mmm-yy") I want to code my Button to Change the date in [tbStartDate] to the date im [cbOwnerName] once selected I click Button to give that date in [tbStartDate] Thanks for any help.........Bob Hi Bob, If I am understanding correctly this should solve your problem. "OnClick" event Sub Command1_Click() Dim x as string x = me.cbOwnerName.Column(8) me.tbStartDate = x End Sub HTH, Nick "Bob V&q...

VBA for setting max value in scroll bars on charts?
I have 20 dynamic charts with scroll bars and I want to avoid manually adjusting the maximum value each month on the 20 scroll bars. Is there some VBA I could use to do this? Thank you! Don't know if it will work in this case, but a good place to start is with the macro recorder. Turn it on (Tools | Macro > Record new macro...), do whatever it is you want to do to one scrollbar by hand, turn off the recorder, and switch to the VBE. Did XL generate the necessary code? If you are using the controls from the Forms toolbar, it did. If from the Control Toolbox, it probably didn&...

Change e-mail default paragraph setting
Trying to change e-mail default setting: from double to single space between paragraphs. I'm using Word as my e-mail editor. Thanks. I'd suggest posting your question in the Word newsgroup. This one is for issues with Publisher. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "wwinkler" <wwinkler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41AAA18C-917F-4150-9042-773F0ADBA2B2@microsoft.com... > Trying to change e-mail default setting: from double to single space > between > paragraphs. I'm using Word as my e-mail editor. Thanks. --- Outgoing ...

User Receives Login Prompt, credentials rejected
We are running Microsoft Business Portal and Solomon 6.0. When one particular user tries to access the web page where timedcards are entered (via Internet Explorer), she receives a prompt to enter her username and password. Even after entering this information, her login is rejected and she is prompted again. 1. If she logs in to another computer on the network, she is able to access the page without being prompted for login credentials 2. If someone else logs in to her computer, they are able to access the page without being prompted for credentials Each time she tries to enter ...

how do i import my inbox from one user to another on same laptop
Hi, I made 2 accounts on the outlook first and the emails for both the accounts r in one inbox. Now i made 2 dektop users on the laptop and i need to import the inbox in from the first user's outlook to the second user's outlook. please help me out. I have office professional 2007 On 31 Mrz., 15:37, Saad <S...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, I =A0made 2 accounts on the outlook first and the emails for both the > accounts r in one inbox. Now i made 2 dektop users on the laptop and i nee= d > to import the inbox in from the first user's outlook to the seco...

replace server or Move mailboxes from Exchange 2k to exchange2k
This pertains to Exchange 2000 SP3 I recently purchased a new more powerful server to handle our exchange traffic. I am curious what is the best practice to replace the old server,while reducing downtime. Is there a way to add the new server, name it as the old server and reattach the edb files like you could with 5.5 or does AD not allow that. Or is it easier to add another exchange server to the domain and move the mailboxes? Thanks for the help How to move Exchange 2000 to new hardware and keep the same server name http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297289 ...

User can't select the particular pages of a report to print
I have one GP 10 user that when she prints a document, the window asking for the number of pages and the particular pages to print doesn't pop up. Does anyone know where this can be changed? David, You are looking for the System Print Dialogue. The first place to look is under Tools > Setup > System > Named Printers. In the Named Printer Options, there is a flag for Do Not Display... For that user's Machine ID, make sure that the box is not checked. -- Lyle U David Lancer wrote: > I have one GP 10 user that when she prints a document, the window > asking for t...

Microsoft Abondons Money Users?
Why hasn't MS said anything on Money's Future? My version expires in 5 months, and I have financial data that spans back all the way to 1995. With Microsoft just slapping a TBD on this package, it's leaving me not much on choices but to go to quicken. MoneyDance, is not cutting it, it has a weak interface and reminds me of something off my Amiga back in 1989. Acemoney? Nope, that actually came from Amiga. GUNU Cash? Not there. Microsoft needs to let customers know, yes or no to a new version? Why not just charge a small fee to use online services? Or for tha...