setting default calendar permissions

Is it possible in exchange 2003 to set all of my users
default calendar permissions to read only?

Please refer me to a different group if this is
incorrectly submitted.

thanks,

josh
0
anonymous (74722)

Not without writing your own code or purchasing some such as:

http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/11/centrally_contr.html

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

"Josh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible in exchange 2003 to set all of my users
> default calendar permissions to read only?
>
> Please refer me to a different group if this is
> incorrectly submitted.
>
> thanks,
>
> josh

0
neil.hobson (1158)

Error: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The microsoft exchange server is unavailable"
Hi: I have a user on our exchange 2003 sp1 system who is receiving the above error when trying to connect to his mailbox. He is able to connect in OWA. I gave myself rights on his mailbox and set up a new profile on my machine (xp, office 2003) and connected fine. I then logged in as his account on my machine, set up a profile and tried to open outlook and received the error above. Any ideas. Not seeing this exact error on the microsoft site or google groups. ...

Outlook Plain Text Setting
I am starting to move my users over to Outlook and Exchange 2003. I noticed that by default Outlook is setting the users up as HTML e-mail. Is there a way that I can set all of my users up with Plain Text for e-mail? Thanks, Jeff That is a user setting, of course, under Tools-->Options-->Mail Format You can use the following to ensure inbound email is read as plain text, and therefor replies will be plain text: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/plain_text.htm "Jeff Grossman" <jeff.nospam@stikman.com> wrote in message news:lcr542hthnrf6qfqikqrm4cdebs11ikuaa@4ax.co...

New to mac...how do you make a calendar?
Hi, I am a teacher and have previously made my parent volunteer calendars with my pc on Publisher....how do I create similar calendars on a mac? Thanks! Hello Melissa, Publisher is PC-only. Would Entourage's Project Center be suitable? See http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/entourage2004/using.aspx?pid=usingento urage2004&type=howto&article=/mac/library/how_to_articles/office2004/en_proj ectcenter.xml See also "Print a custom calendar in Entourage" http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/entourage2004/using.aspx?pid=usingento urage2004&type=howto&article=/m...

Create a calendar in excel for the next 4 yeara
How can I create a calendar in excel for the next 4 years? Begin date is October 31, 2005 and end date is October 31, 2010. -- dyukon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dyukon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30062 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=497408 What form do you want the calendar to take? A very simple way is to enter your start date in cell A1 and format it as mmmm dd, yyyy. Then in cell A2, enter the formula: =A1 + 1 and ensure that this is formatted in the...

Implication of setting the Publish Task field to No
Hi all, Can anyone pls advise of what the implications are on setting the publish task field to no in terms of reporting. For example if using reports from the resource centre to review actual work by resource will non published tasks be included. Or if running a report through the OLAP cube? Further should fields like total project costs displayed in the Project Centre or OLAP reports display the total minus the non published tasks? We are currently setting a number of project tasks to publish No to simplify the timesheet experience for resources but are noting a number of ...

System Setting not available
I am not able to create users because System under Settings is greyed out. I am logged on as SA. I am using GP 7.5. Help? Who is dbo for the DYNAMICS database? If it is other than 'sa' or 'DYNSA', such as 'administrator', run sp_changedbowner 'DYNSA'. Has this been a working GP system, or are you trying to restore to a new server? "Tiffany" wrote: > I am not able to create users because System under Settings is greyed out. > I am logged on as SA. I am using GP 7.5. Help? > > > It is just sa. We installed the app on...

2003 Keeps the default workbook open
When I start Excel, it starts up with a blank workbook. If I immediately open a saved file, it closes the blank workbook... All good... except mine has stopped closing the blank one. So I always end up with 2 workbooks open, the one I opened and a blank one that I'm not interested in! Is this a setting? if so where? Can I fix it? thanks... M Did you or someone create a default workbook (ie, Book.xltx or Book.xltm) and save it in "C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART"? On 5/9/2010 4:17 AM, Michelle wrote: > When I start...

XML Map
Hi all, I import XML data into a worksheet, and choose a mapping name, but I have no idea how to change the path so that it is dynamic. I've been trying to find a way to set my mapping paths to dynamic, so that when I move the folder that contains the xl file and xml files, the mapping path still works. Help :) Cheers, Grant. I'm not sure you can make it 'dynamic' per se but you can write code to change. Here's a sample of changing the bound xml document. ActiveWorkbook.XmlMaps(1).DataBinding.LoadSettings ("C:\Services Proposal.xml") -- Charles...

entourage calendar and iphone

How to open new excel file in new window by default?
Hello, Could anyone help? How to open new excel file in new window by default? it opens in the last window on the screen as of now. Bests Jayesh When I open a workbook (or create a new workbook) it is opened in its own new window in addition to whatever I have open at the time. Each open workbook has its own window. You can select which workbook to work with in Excel 2007 by View/Switch Windows and selecting the workbook you want. I believe in Excel 2003, it is Window/List of Windows to do the same thing. You can also cycle through your currently open workbooks by pressing Ctrl+F6. ...

Publisher 07 Default Folder
I have Publisher 2007, how do I set the startup folder to something other than "MyDocuments"? I edited the properties and set the "Start-in Directory" to the desired one, but when I launch Publisher and attempt to open a file, it goes right back to "MyDocuments" Thanks Charliec ****************************************************** Charliec Change the name of the My Documents folder Do the following in these 2007 Microsoft Office system programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Access Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Save As. InfoPath, Project, Pub...

How do I set a combobox listfillrange to a range in another workb.
I have a combobox on sheet1 of workbook1. I'd like to set the combobox property LISTFILLRANGE to a range in workbook2. Is the other workbook going to be open? If yes, you can just go into design mode (another icon on the Control toolbox toolbar). rightclick on your combobox select properties scroll down to ListFillRange and type in the address--like: [book2.xls]sheet1!A1:A10 but as soon as you close that other workbook, you break your combobox. Maybe you could use a formula (on a hidden sheet) to return the values from that other workbook and use that range for your listfillrange fo...

Word default paper size- networked user accounts
Word 2004- processors various, OS 10.5 How do I get Word to default to A4 (instead of US letter) for networked accounts? Hi Jeremy: The succinct answer to this is "By ensuring that your operating system locality preferences are set correctly before you install." Microsoft Office picks up all its global settings from the "Language and Text" system preferences in OS 10.6 (I think they were called something else in 10.5). If this has been done wrongly at installation, you need to set the System Preferences correctly and then delete the individual user's...

backup same set of servers from 2 DPM 2007 servers
I am changing the DPM server 2007. However, I would like to take this opportunity to revise all protection groups so that I can restore bare-metal any server from a single lTO-4 tape if possible. During this "transitional period," I would like to leave the existing backup settings on the older DPM server to continue to run while adding jobs to the new DPM server. Looks like to me that I have to re-install the agent on all servers so that they can be recognized by the new DPM server. IS there a better way to do this if my plan is possible at all? Thanks Bill ...

default namespace / Xmlvalidatingreader
need some help on following: xml file 1 <TEST xmlns=3D"http://test" > <OK>mlkddflmkj</OK> </TEST> xml file 2 <TEST> <OK>mlkddflmkj</OK> </TEST> at runtime i add the necessary xsd schema's. now, these are files i receive from customer, so i can't change them. When i read in the xml file 1 , it works like, it is validates against the xsd's, and everything works fine. when i read the second one, it doesn't validate, if i make sure the xml file isn't valid, the xmlvalidatingreader doesn't notice i...

Separating Recipients with semicolon by default
How can I set up outlook 2007 to automatically separate email address with a semicolon instead of a comma by default? Where are you looking? Is this from a message you are composing or did you receive it? Outlook uses the semicolon separator by default and optionally supports a comma as well. Also take a look at your list operator settings in your Regional Settings; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/274 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www...

set first record to zero in a calculated field
I have a query which compares the current record's create time with the previous record's create time, which gives me the number of seconds elapsed between button presses. All works fine, except the first record is blank. I want it to say either zero or 1 second, regardless of what the query say's. This is the SQL (which creates a sub query from the exisitng table in order to compare current with previous record.) SELECT tbl_Waypoints_Reveal_Target.Run_No, tbl_Waypoints_Reveal_Target.Run_waypoint_List_ID, tbl_Waypoints_Reveal_Target.Run_waypoint, tbl_Waypoints_Reveal_Targe...

Block Users from changing permissions
How can i stop users from changing permissions on their mailboxes. For example, we have 20 CSR's that I what to block from being able to change how their calender and contacts are shared. Only managers should be able to access their calenders, but they like to grant each other the permissions to do so. Also, is there a way to do this by group or mailbox store? I have tried playing with the permissions on the Exchange Advanced tab in AD users and computers to no avail, i have checked the deny on change permissions on Self, but it doesnt seem to have any affect. Thanks PS. Exchange 2003 S...

set up recurring (15-min) reminders
Our library director wants our librarians to get up from the reference desk every 15 minute and walk around asking patrons if they want help. We want the ability to turn an Outlook reminder on or off every day, depending on whether the librarian is on the public service desk or not. -- ChrisC "ChrisC" <ChrisC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF91C6BD-0D1E-47BC-B2E7-9DAA1F25AB06@microsoft.com... > Our library director wants our librarians to get up from the reference desk > every 15 minute and walk around asking patrons if they want help. W...

Why must the "Everyone" group have full NTFS permission on C drive
We ran the MSBA on our Win2003 Exchange 2000 server, and the result advised us to modify the NTFS permission for the "Everyone" security group from Full Control to Modify on the C drive. When we did that all the Mailbox Storage groups went down and would not start up again. Can anyone give us an explanation for this or point us to some documentation regarding this issue. The mdbdata directory was inheriting permissions and store.exe needed more than was granted? Exchange should be running as local system, so it sounds like you (or someone) have removed SYSTEM from the file...

Setting up own block list (e2k3)
hello all, tried to create my own block list for exchange 2003 but i got an error. using telnet on port 25 ##### 220 xion.hybrid.intra Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 6.0.3790.0 ready ... helo 250 xion.hybrid.intra Hello [192.168.0.2] mail from:spam@spam.com 250 2.1.0 spam@spam.com....Sender OK rcpt to:support 421 4.1.0 Dropping connection due to an error on this server Connection to host lost. ##### everything runs fine when i disable my connection filtering rule. someone an idea ? tia ...

horizontal bar chart print settings messed up when all sheets selected
In my office, we recently updated to Excel 2002. In a spreadsheet I have updated monthly for over a year, there are multiple sheets containing horizontal bar charts. With Excel 2002, when I select an individual sheet and perform print preview or print it, everything works fine. When I select all sheets, the charts are compressing into a blob at the top of the page. In Print Preview, all I have to do is click on page setup and OK and the format returns to normal. Or, by paging through the print preview and then using Previous to go back through each sheet, the formats return to ...

Problems with permissions...
I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what could possibly be preventing me from applying permissions to my excel spreadsheets. Everytime I try, the following message appears: This service is temporarily unavailable. Microsoft Internet Explorer may be set to Work Offline. In Internet Explorer, verify that Work Offline on the File menu is not selected, and then try again. I've already installed the IRM Add-On for IE, but still to no avail. Does anyone know what the problem is? I have an internet connection and I'm not set to work offline. ...

Use Copied Outlook PST file as default...How?
If I copy a PST file on my PC, how can I configure my Laptop Outlook to use that copied file as its default. Is it possible to copy new Defined Views in Contacts from one computer to another. Dmahanay <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If I copy a PST file on my PC, how can I configure my > Laptop Outlook to use that copied file as its default. Outlook version? > Is it possible to copy new Defined Views in Contacts from > one computer to another. I think views are registry items and not kept in the PST. -- Brian Tillman My outlook version is 2002. >--...

Order By not working when record source set by vba
I had a continuous form in my database which was bound to 1 query and filtered it based on combo box values. All the fields (apart from the combos) where locked and disabled to make them view only. The form also had labels for each of the columns and if you clicked it, vba code would order the form by that column's data, click another label and it would orderby that column instead. All was fine until i decided that it would be more efficent if the form used different queries for each of the criteria instead of holding all the records in memory and filtering them. That fea...