Set public folder as default address list

Is there a way that I can set a public contact folder as the default address
list when composing a message on all of my clients?

JBeckett [MCSA] <JBeckettMCSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Is there a way that I can set a public contact folder as the default
> address list when composing a message on all of my clients?

This is an Outlook thing. You can change the Outlook Address Book to display
whatever you like as its initial view, in the settings in the address book
menu, I believe. You don't want to make Outlook do *lookups* first from the
public contacts folder, or your contacts folder, though - keep the GAL first
for name checking.

0
lanwench (7567)

Cannot move emails between folders

Clearing security settings
I am setting up a new server that will be home to GP version 8. I am migrating from 7.5 to 8. I want to clear out all users, advanced security, and standard security settings and recreate them on the new server. Anybody ever scripted this? I assume I want to truncate tables, but I don't know which ones, other than what is show in techkno Steps to remove Advanced Security (874401). TIA If you run a delete statement on the SY02000 table, it will remove all settings, then you can run a reconcile against security restrictions and user access. "Cindy Lange" wrote: > I...

Default Exchange Receive Connector
Hi all, I just installed Exchange 2007. There were two receive connectors already setup during install, I have a question on the "Default Exchange Receive Connector." If I want public mail servers to be able to send mail to my exchange server, do I need to enable "Anonymous Users" on the "Permissions Group Tab" of that connector? Robert Exchange Server 2007: internet email without Edge servers http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2006/07/exchange-server-2007-internet-email.html -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia....

Comparing first and last names in two lists

I deleted my Public Folder under IIS By Mistake
I have deleted my Public Folder Virtual Folder in the IIS Manager by Mistake How can I re-create this so that users can use the Public Folders through OWA again Any help Cheers, You have a back up strategy every night right? If so copy it from the back up, if not, you need to have all of yoru databases log files. try this; http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313184 ...

List Running Horizontally-Pivot Table Possible?
I just had a customer ask this one and I'm not so sure about it. 1) The customer has setup a list of information that is running horizontally instead of the typical list running vertically. 2) I just taught him how to do pivot tables and he wants to generate a pivot table with his "horizontal" list. 3) I know he can copy and paste special and use the Transpose feature to change the list from horizontally oriented to vertically oriented. 4) the question is: can he leave the table in its original orientation and still generate Pivot tables? I can't seem to make it work ...

How do I break URL address over two lines?
I am trying to enter website addresses into footnotes and Word automatically forces the footnote onto a separate line. I need to conform to certain aditing requirements and want the url to start right after the citation and continue on to however many lines are necessary, but not leave a gap because it starts the url on a separate line in the footnote. Help please. In the edit hyperlink dialog, put the URI in both the Address and Text-to- display boxes. That way you can use a space or linebreak to wrap the display text to the next line without affecting the hyperlink ability. Hyp...

Anonymous LDAP Browsing in OL2K3 Address Book
Authenticated users are able to browse, list, and resolve email addresses to my LDAP directory server. Anonymous users are able to resolve email addresses to my LDAP directory server but are not able to browse or list the LDAP directory. Is their a permission I need to set for anonymous users to be able to browse and list the LDAP directory? Any help is greatly appreciated. You need to ask this in a group that supports your mail serve, not the client. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name ...

SP2 Exchange default disclaimer
Hello: I am currently using free GFI tool to provide a default disclaimer on outgoing SMTP email. I was wondering if SP2 will provide this feature on Standard Exchange 2003 server. Thanks, Cindy I'm running the CTP of Exchange 2003 SP2 and haven't seen that as a feature. "Cindy" <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2D2E367-BEB9-49BF-98D3-5C1AE2D08B03@microsoft.com... > Hello: > I am currently using free GFI tool to provide a default disclaimer on > outgoing SMTP email. I was wondering if SP2 will provide this feature on > Standar...

Hyperlnk to a cd-rom folder
How but a exel file that has hyper links to the folders on that cd rom with out naming a drive letter since everyone has a different drive letter for their cd rom??? Thanks The excel workbook is stored on that same CD? If yes, this worked ok for me in xl2002 and using my harddrive (not CDROM). File|properties Hyperlink Base: \ (just the backslash) Then I could insert hyperlinks via Insert|Hyperlink and just leave the drive letter off. If the workbook is not on the same cd, you could have a file on the cd to look for, search the CDdrives and determine the drive letter. Then have your mac...

Send 1 address to 2 mailboxes
I want to create an address and have any mail sent to that address delivered to two separate users' mailboxes. How can I do that. I've tried simply adding the address in the two users' "Email Addresses" tab in the User's properties of ADU&C. But it wouldn't allow me to add the same address to the second user ("This email address already exists in this organization"). I've also tried creating a new user for the address and forwarding the email to the 2 other users (Exchange General tab - Delivery Options button - Forward To field). But ...

Rule to automatically mark header to download based on contact list?
Is there a way to do this, or an add-in? TIA. Rich On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 04:44:35 -1000, rmc <rmc@nospam.com> wrote: > Is there a way to do this, or an add-in? What version of Outlook are you using? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Hi Ben: 2003 SP1 Rich "Ben M. Schorr - MVP" <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote in message news:op.spuxh8sf6r4cx1@bms-tablet2.scgab.com... > On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 04:44:35 -1000, rmc <rmc@nospam.com> wrote: > > > Is there a way to do this, or an add-in? > > What version of Outlook are you using? > > > -- >...

tasks entered in taskpad don't appear in task folder
All of the tasks that I have entered via the taskpad do not appear in the task folder, what am I doing wrong or do I have the wrong expectation? OL98/WinXP John Keith kd0gd@juno.com What view are you using on your Tasks folder? --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "John Keith" <kd0gd@juno.com> wrote in message = news:6grrm0hkagessu2ecc0bj81pc41aarq39r@4ax.com... | All of the tasks that I have...

How can I reset the default pie chart label "Other" to "Equity"?
I show Cash, Equities, and Fixed Income in the large pie to the left. The equity slice is further split into large, medium, and small. The problem is that the Equity slice gets relabeled as "Other". When I manuallly change it back to Equity, I lose the ability to link to any new data...so I can't use the pie chart as a template that would allow me to put new data in the table and have the pie chart adjust automaticially. How can I reset the default pie chart label to "Equity"? or is there another solution. Instead of making pie charts (which are notor...

Outlook xp Offline folders vs O2k3 Cached Exchange mode
I recently upgraded a group of executives from Outlook XP to Outlook 2003. I used the "upgrade" option. I also installed O2K3 SP1. They all have laptops and use offline folders. Several have had various offline folder issues since the upgrade. Is there something I need to configure in order for them to continue to use their offline folders? or Does Cached Exchange mode replace Offline folders? Are there known issues with the upgrade and offline folders? I'm not sure what to look for. Thanks in advance for your time! techguyasap <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Combo
Hi, I am able to create a list of items with a drop down menu. I can select specific item but how do I select all item to get a query output. Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks You can't select multiple items from an Access combo box. To do that would require a listbox with it's MULTI-SELECT property set to SIMPLE or EXTENDED. See more info about list boxes here: http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut11.htm -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com __________________________________ If my post ...

List folders to file

"Organizational folder": 'new' menu is not available
I am following article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;244591 and I try to create an organization folder. I go to my "Public FOlder", click "System folder". I see EFORMS listed there. I right click the option and I don't see the option "new". What's wrong ? Exch 2000SP3. ...

modify contact address when account address gets modified
Hi, How do I ripple my changes from company level to the related contacts ? For example the main company phone number and the main address ? Do I need a product like Scribe for this, or can this be done with the workflow ? Thanks for any advice Wim You can't do this with workflow, and I don't believe Scribe can do this (though I may be wrong - I've only used Scribe for one project). I would think that you'd need to create a post callout using the SDK. There is more info at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/CrmSdk1_2/htm/v1d2microsoftcrmversi...

Default MESSAGE CLASS for mailboxes
Hi there, Is it possible to change the default message-class that is attached to Outlook(2002) folders when a new mailbox is created? Specifically, I'd like any newly created mailbox (on our Exchange2000 server) to have IPM.Appointment.MyAppointment as the default message class for the Calendar folder (rather than IPM.Appointment). Alternatively - is it possible to change the default message class of the Calendar folder from VB? (the property seems to be Read-Only, even though it is editable via the user interface by picking the relevant form). Thanks! Uri. ...

Combining Lists within excel.
I'm hoping someone can help here. I'll try to explain the problem I have. I have 2 worksheets both containing a product list. I have entries on one worksheet which I need on the other, so basically my question is... might there be a way of combining these two lists so one updates the other with the missing entries. Help on this would be great, as they are very large lists which I dont much fancy the thought of looking through them manually. Are you familiar with the VLOOKUP function? I use it all the time for this type of problem. vlookup(Product cell in first sheet, Array...

Disable people picker in a sharepoint list
Dear all, I would like to disable the users/groups picker field in a SharePoint list (NewForm.aspx). I managed to disable the field itself (text box) but it's still possible to click on the "Browse" button and search for people that then get eneterd in the field. Is there a way to disable the browsing? Thank you in advance, Hrvoje I think you will delete that column. 1. Settings>List settings>Click you wnat column name on Colums category. 2. Click "delete" button. And then you can make other column. "Hrvoje" wrote: > ...

Flagging in Public Folders
My client has several users wanting to see the same message store. I implemented a public folder. Trouble is.... messages/posts cannot be flagged for later inspection. Any ideas? Simon Beresford, MCP IT Support Engineer Expert Systems Ltd e: sberesford@expertsystems.co.uk w: www.expertsystems.co.uk t: +44(0)870 4296181 f: +44(0)870 4296182 the Total IT Service what version of outlook and exchange and why can't they flag them? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Ou...