Services not starting

When I reboot/power on my Exchange server two services fail to start they
are;

Microsoft Exchange Information Store
Microsoft Exchange System Attendant

When I start the information store the other one turns on... but why doesnt
information store start at all?

Woady

0
me1 (409)

On Sun, 8 May 2005 21:46:32 +0100, "Me" <me@me.com> wrote:

>When I reboot/power on my Exchange server two services fail to start they
>are;
>
>Microsoft Exchange Information Store
>Microsoft Exchange System Attendant
>
>When I start the information store the other one turns on... but why doesnt
>information store start at all?
>
>Woady

My crystal ball is broken today, so you'll need to give us more info.
Errors in the event logs?

0
adavid (8731)

Exchange 2003 ( Service provider wants us to handle Email enquires
Our service provider wants us to handle their Email enquiries received in these following Email IDs for eg. "info@Theirdomain.com" & "Contact@theirdomain.com" Is there anyways that we can setup something to receive emails from these to above email ID from theirs to our domain and also reply to those email recieved with same ID as sender. Is there a way to setup exchange to recieve from a different domain as local and send on behalf of "info@Theirdomain.com" & "Contact@theirdomain.com" Thanks Chris Christopher Pakkianathen <cneil@dono...

Digital BUSINESS Phone Service for $19.95 free voip and free shipp
BUSINESS BASIC for $19.95. 1 free Port Phone Adapter, free shipping, 250 calling minutes to any non-GLOBALINX customer. you will get Touchpad Features available, Basic Phone Functions, Making Calls – Dialing Instructions, Message Waiting Indicator (MWI), free 3-Way Calling, Caller ID, Find-Me, Voicemail, 7-digit Local Dialing, Last number redial, Internet billing, Online Account Management, Low Priced International Rates. ...

Excel does not start
Excel in Office XP does not start. After clicking the icon the first screen (very quickly) dislays but goes away. Nothing else happens after that. ??? If you have not tried to re-install excel. Do so. >-----Original Message----- >Excel in Office XP does not start. After clicking the >icon the first screen (very quickly) dislays but goes >away. Nothing else happens after that. ??? >. > Chip Pearson has a web page devoted to diagnosing this kind of error: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.htm Steve wrote: > > Excel in Office XP does not start. After cl...

Reporting Services Export to MS Word Option
I recently learned that there's an ISV plug in to SRS that allows for an Export to Word option. But I've had more than 5 clients asking if this option is in the works for a future update/version. Does anyone have any info regarding this? ...

Outlook Start up Problem
I am getting a strange message window when I start Outlook from the Start Up folder at boot up. I am using Windows XP home. I am also using Microsoft Office 2000 and the problem arose after I downloaded and installed SP-3 Here is what happens at boot up. Outlook starts (I get an Outlook screen) and the boot process stops and I get a small window that read as follows: At the top- "DDE Server Window: Outlook.exe - No Disk" Body of window - "There in no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk1\DR3" Choices - "Cancel Try Again Continue" ...

Start day of week
Dispite changing the start day of my week to Sunday in Calendar options, in the month view it always shows Monday as the first day of the week. Is there any way of changing this to display Sunday at the start of the week? "Joe S" <JoeS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30EDDE24-3BB7-4058-BA4E-BB78AD31C3F7@microsoft.com... > Dispite changing the start day of my week to Sunday in Calendar options, in > the month view it always shows Monday as the first day of the week. Is there > any way of changing this to display Sunday at the start of the w...

Stop Windows Service
Hi, What is the normal way to stop a servie from within the servie itself ?? BR Peter Peter Larsen [CPH] wrote: > Hi, > > What is the normal way to stop a servie from within the servie itself ?? > <http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=Windows+service+shutdown+programically&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=Windows+service+shutdown+programically&gs_rfai=C6ZxLawwaTJ2TB5G2zQTCoKWfAwAAAKoEBU_QI6Z8&fp=652ba8543c4f91ab> On 17-06-2010 05:06, Peter Larsen [CPH] wrote: > What is the normal way to stop a servie fro...

Exchange Server 5.5 Restored from tape gives an error 3355443752 and will not start the services
I have an NT4 server that I use for restoring Exchanger Server 5.5 by using NT Backup to backup and restore. I successfully used it to restore the information store so I could retreive some deleted messages. I found that I needed to do a restore from the previous day and ran a restore from that tape. I am now getting an error 3355443752 when I try to restart the Information Store Service. I looked at Microsoft's KB and they said that I should get this if I ran "isinteg -patch" or "eseutil /r/is" before restarting the Information Store Service, but I did not run eith...

URL for OWA if web services are hosted at ISP
Hi! I am installing Exchange 03 (with Win SBS 03) and our web site is hosted by our ISP. Email will be on our server, SMTP, Exchange. My question is, when we install OWA, it's URL is http://company.com.au/exchange, how is that going to be resolved as www.company.com.au is at ISP server. I asked them and they didn't know how they should handle this. The same goes for OMA, Sharepoint etc. So, the company's home page and all related internet services on their site, but all email, remote access etc. web services on our server - what we need to do to congigure that? Thanks!!! -- ...

exchange version 6.5 build 7226.6: service pack 1 delivers blank m
hi, we use exchange 2003 sp1(version 6.5 build 7226.6: service pack 1) and we have the following problem: - when some of our PDA users sends an e-mail - some of the exchange recipients that receive the e-mail as part of a group - can see no body for the e-mail - it is just blank; on the client side users user outlook 2003. Those are the headers of the two e-mails: Header of the e-mail taken from recipients mailbox - there is no e-mail body - empty/blank: ==================== Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: application/ms-tnef; name="win...

Auto start a macro
I would like to find out how to auto start a macro when I open a Excel file Victor Put it in the Workbook_Open event in the ThisWorkbook module. On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 18:00:50 -0800, "Victor Lin" <vlin@scchk.swirebev.com> wrote: >I would like to find out how to auto start a macro when I >open a Excel file > >Victor In the workbook: Option Explicit ================ Private Sub Workbook_Open() FirstSheet = True Application.Run ("Main") End Sub -- -Larry- -- "Victor Lin" <vlin@scchk.swirebev.com> wrote in message news:0d80...

zip codes starting with 0
When doing a mail merge from excel to word zip codes starting with 0 (zero) drop the first number "0" from the address. ie zip code 01560 prints out as 1560. How do I get all 5 numbers to show? An Excel way: Format all your Zip Codes as Text. A Word way: Before you start the merge, Tools | Options | General. Place a check next to Confirm merge at open. Start the Merge. When you go to pick the Data Source, a box will pop up. Pick wirksheets via DDE. tj "Joe Mac" wrote: > When doing a mail merge from excel to word zip codes starting with 0 (zero) > drop the fi...

FUNCRES error message at start up
Using Office 2000. At start up get message that says "c:\ProgramFile\MicrosoftOffice\Office\Library\Analysis\fu ncres.xla could not be found" I can close off this message and Excel continues to load and work fine. I am seeking a solution to eliminating this bothersome reminder that pops each day. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks Nick Quick-fix. Go to Tools>Add-ins and uncheck the Analysis Toolpak add-in. It needs Funcres.xla to run. Not too desirable if you are attempting to use functions from ATP. FUNCRES.XLA should have been installed with original setup. ...

MS Money 2007 fails to start
When attempting to start, the error message "Money was unable to load the registration library (dll)." appears. No recent changes to the machine or software. OS is XP sp2. Any ideas? Thanks... ...

How to thread something in what will become a Windows Service....
I have something I'm writing as a windows form right now but it will eventually be a Windows Service. For a test, I have a submit button and it's action is to call something that dials out on a usb phone device. While that device is dialing and waiting for DTMF input from the call recipient, I need to pause the program and wait for the callee to hang up. The device I call has a bunch of handlers that handle the keys being entered, etc. I need to have these handlers able to listen for events while the button click sub is waiting but be able to continue when a hangup event oc...

Exchange POP3 service starts but doesn't work
Hi all, I have this weird problem: Every time the server (SBS2003+Exhange2003) (re)starts, my POP3 clients can't connect. The POP3 is set to "Automatically Start" and it does start successfully. However, in System Manager, under protocols / POP3 the service is marked with a red "X" (inspite the POP3 service is running). When I right-click and Start, everything works fine. If I forget this last step every time the server reboots (i.e. for updates) I get phone calls from my users... I didn't notice anything unusual in the logs. Any suggestions? TIA, -- Ana...

WLM Email pop-up notification not working on start up
Hi, Ever since I updated WLM this summer, my Email pop-up notification stopped working ONLY at the start up of my PC. (Before the update it did work.) any other times, it does notifys me though. I don't know why this is happening. I made sure by re-setting all the setting and are correct on WLM. Could anyone help me on this issue? Thank you! ...

Item Allocation Inquiry
Dynamics enables you to allocate inventory on the Parts Information window of Depot Management (part of Field Service). After I have included parts in the Parts Information window, when I then go to the Item Quantities Maintenance screen, I can see that these parts have been added to the Allocated quantities. When I double-click on the Allocated label on the Item Quantities Maintenance window, the Item Allocation Inquiry window opens. However, I do not see the allocations made by Depot Management, I assume, because it is has not been selected in the Module Restrictions box . It has not ...

Installing service reminder popup windows in excel
I am using Excel 2003 to create a complete equipment register which I have divided up into quite a number of sheets within the one Excel document. Within each sheet there is a date column for recertification for this equipment. The question I have is, is there some way to have a popup screen when you open up this document that informs you when equipment recertification date has lapsed and as well as a selected amount of time before the recertification date has been reached on all sheets within the one document. I have already placed conditional formatting within this document to...

Software Update Service
I want to install Windows XP SP2 on our machines. I downloaded some information explaining how to do it with Software Update Service. I installed that on our server and can not get it to work according to the manuals directions. I can' t seem to sync. servers. Help here would be greatly appreciated. After I get that in order, I need to apply the patchs directed to keep CRM working. So my next question in has anyone applied this to their CRM environment? What did you think? Any suprises? Thanks have you tried reading this NG? -g "Alma" <Alma@discussions.micros...

Deploy Reporting Services
Hi, is the same or it works the same way if i create mi reports in VS.NET2003 with sql 2000 y SRS 2000 in another machine not CRM server and only upload a ..rdl file, or is necessary o more correct if install VS.NET 2003 in the CRM server and there create my reports and deploy???? Thanks in advance You can develop your reports on a client machine and upload the RDL file. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Miguel" wrote: > Hi, > is the same or it works the same way if i create mi reports in VS.NET2003 > with sql 2000 y SRS 2000 in another mach...

SharePoint Services query
Good morning all, I have been doing some investigation into the Windows SharePoint Services. Am I correct in finding that I do not require any additional SharePoint licensing for WSS, just the standard Windows Server CAL's? Also, if in the future, we decide we require the increased functionality of MOSS, can WSS be upgraded to MOSS? Is WSS and no other licensing (other that the Windows CAL's) suitable in my scenario where the site will be accessed by internal employee's only, but could be accessed from inside or outside the network? Thanks a lot. ------=_NextPart...

Using Web Services To Add Leads to Marketing List
Is it possible to use web services to add leads/contacts to marketing list? I have a sales contact form that creates a lead, and I want to give those leads the option to signup for a mailing list we have. Does anyone know if this is possible? If so, know any examples? Thanks, Tareef Hi Tareef, The messages to handle list membership are AddMemberList and RemoveMemberList. They are described in the SDK documentation along with some sample code. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup D...

Office XP Service Pack 3 Install Failure
error code 0x8024002D Auto update informed me of an update downloaded - but failed to install, asking for a Office XP Business CD it required. I don't have Business Office software on my computer, so wondering why it's trying to update it. Also, even with install failure of this update, now my long standing excel spreadsheet files won't open; seem to be looking for this update..... Help? leal1928 wrote: > error code 0x8024002D > Auto update informed me of an update downloaded - but failed to > install, asking for a Office XP Business CD it required. I don'...

start at a specific point
I have a chart with 2 scales - mortality rate on the left and rolling 12 month average on the right. The information in the chart contains bar graphs (representing mortality rate) for each month, a scatter line (representing the rolling average), and a trend line (based on rolling average). My data begins on September 2004 and goes through September 2008. The 12 month rolling rolling average therefore starts on August 2005 (first 12 months). My problem: (dates are listed along the bottom) I don't know how to get the rolling average to appear to start on August 2005 on the chart. It ...