Server rules #3

I Have a client with an usual request, he has added so many rules in outlook
2003 (stored on server) that the server refuses to store any more, where can
I edit this limit?

// Johan Y

0
johan6381 (2)

There is no way to edit the limit as it is actually a limit in the size
permitted for a single RPC call (32K). You client is probably out of luck.

Nue
"Johan Ylinenjarvi" <johan@jeloin.se> wrote in message
>I Have a client with an usual request, he has added so many rules in
>outlook 2003 (stored on server) that the server refuses to store any more,
>where can I edit this limit?
>
> // Johan Y

0
imaneophyte (3004)
4/26/2006 3:13:05 PM

In news:OIrjmLUaGHA.3992@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl,
Johan Ylinenjarvi <johan@jeloin.se> typed:
> I Have a client with an usual request, he has added so many rules in
> outlook 2003 (stored on server) that the server refuses to store any
> more, where can I edit this limit?
>
> // Johan Y

No, there's a hard-coded limit of 32k for rules storage, unfortunately. I
think there may be some third-party rules management thingies out there, but
I can't remember any names - search for 'rules' at www.slipstick.com and see
if you can find anything.

0
lanwench (7567)
4/26/2006 3:15:21 PM
Thanks for your quick reply.

// Johan
"Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message
> There is no way to edit the limit as it is actually a limit in the size
> permitted for a single RPC call (32K). You client is probably out of luck.
>
> Nue
> "Johan Ylinenjarvi" <johan@jeloin.se> wrote in message
>>I Have a client with an usual request, he has added so many rules in
>>outlook 2003 (stored on server) that the server refuses to store any more,
>>where can I edit this limit?
>>
>> // Johan Y

0
johan6381 (2)

Tractor Fed label roll gets 3.3 inch feed at end of page? How do.
Once again I begin what seems like a simple project and reality hits me with a two by four on the back of the head. THE ISSUE: Continuous form, custom product and serial number label for our products that feeds a Page Break at the end of the page in letter size page. I’ve used the Label Wizard and I defined the label as continuous, yet after 6 labels that print perfectly, I get a feed of 3.375 inches. I’ve looked everywhere in Access and I cannot find a way to override this automatic feed. THE SOFTWARE: Access 2002 SP3 THE PRINTER: Okidata Microline ML591, Dot Matrix 24 Pin, Rear Tra...

Outlook Rule and templates
I have create the following rule. Name in to box, reply using template, except if subject = help I have tested this and it works fine although it only replies to an email address once. Is there away of changing this so it replies to every email that is sent? I know this is standard setting but would like to know how to turn this off. Many Thanks. No, the option can't be turned off because it stops message loops. (think if a case where i send you a message and then do the same thing via a rule. you respond to me via the rule and then i respond to you and so on.) If you really want ...

How do you close a CRM 3.0 Service Ticket?
We just started using CRM 3.0 and are testing it out. There doesn't seem to be a way to close a service ticket in CRM 3.0. How do you close a ticket in CRM 3.0? While inside the case record, from the actions menu, select resolve case or cancel case. "DeWayne" wrote: > We just started using CRM 3.0 and are testing it out. There doesn't seem to > be a way to close a service ticket in CRM 3.0. How do you close a ticket in > CRM 3.0? I figured it out just moments before reading your post, but thanks for the help anyway. "Jason Lattimer" wrote: > ...

Exchange Server 2007 and Domain Controllers
Hello, Could someone please tell me if I have to install Exchange Server 2007 on a AD Domain Controller, or can it be installed on a member server? I have a Windows 2008 Server that is a member server in a Windows 2003 Active Directory network that I'm looking to install Exchange 2007 on. Also, could someone tell me if there are any articles out there that will help me install my Exchange 2007 in the same domain as an existing Exchange 2003 Server (running on Windows 2000 Server)? I'm looking to install the new Exchange 2007 as a new server (new name) and migrate th...

Please help #3
What does it mean when your publication has a blue screen with a pink background? That is what happens when I open Publisher. I cannot tell what colors are what. It means yucky colour scheme. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" mlyon1@hotmail.com wrote: > What does it mean when your publication has a blue screen > with a pink background? That is what happens when I open > Publisher. I cannot tell what colors are what. =========================== Maybe the info at the following link will help: http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd...

Hotmail/outlook 0x800CCC0D error 'server not found'
for the last 4 days I been getting intermittent error message with my Outlook2003..............Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC0D) : 'The server could not be found.' I've been grandfathered in so I am allowed to use Outlook with my Hotmail. I've repaired outlook, used the Winsock fixer, turned off NAV and Norton Security, went from wireless to plugged directly in the the cable modem, etc. Now I found out my Father, next town over, is having the same happen to him. Different Internet provider. Looking on the http://su...

Database Query #3
I posted this earlier with no replies. Anyone got any ideas? I am using a database query to retrieve data from another database excel file. The problem I am having is that the column of data which I have contains records which have both text and number formats. When the data transfers, it only brings those records which are number format. Is there any way to make is so that the database query will pull both number and text formats, as I can't easily change it so that it is one or the other? Thanks The following article in Dick Kusleika's web log may help: http://www.di...

Upgrading reports from CRM 3.0 to 4.0
Having spent around 10 hours trying to upgrade a custom report from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0, I thought I’d post a message to share my pain and the solution! It appears that in CRM 4.0 Microsoft have made a change to the way in which the standard reports retrieve the name of the user running the report. I have been unable to find any documentation about this. If you have a custom report that is based on a standard CRM 3.0 report (i.e. it has the CRM_FullName parameter & UserInfo dataset) and upload it into CRM 4.0 then try to run it, you may get either of the following behaviours • Th...

how to view the mail on the exchange mail server
hi, i want to know one thing how to view the mails of one particular mailbox on the server,can i read that message pls give me suggestion,how i can do this thing.os is 2003 server and exchange 2003. if some one know this thing pls give immediate response. from jitender Hi I don’t really understood your question If you have the appropriate permission you can use Outlook or OWA Regards, Shai Netanel "jitender" wrote: > hi, > i want to know one thing how to view the mails of one particular > mailbox on the server,can i read that message pls give me > suggestion,how i ...

Microsoft CRM and Team Foundation Server
We are looking at implementing Microsoft Team Foundation Server and Microsoft CRM. Can anyone tell me if I will run into problems if I try to install both of these on one box? ...

CRM 3.0 crm Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-mail Router
HI all, i send the email from CRM to other people. but no have any recipient received the mail. i go event viewer check, no have any error msg found. my CRM 3.0 Server is install in computer a, Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-mail Router is on another server. what can i do to find out the what cause the email can't send. any help will be greatly apprieated. Hi, When i run Rule Deployment Wizard - and apply the rule to accounts, then i run Rule Deployment Wizard -and verify the rules. all users get the error message "The rule is apply but is not enabled" what does this mean? a...

Outlook 2003 rules, check messages after sending, not working
Since upgrading to Outlook 2003 (from 2000) we are experiencing problem when using rules and sending messages from other applications (a attachment) We have some rules defined that check messages after sending, dependin on certain words in the subject, the message is moved to another folder This works with no problems when sending messages via outlook but whe sending (as attachment) with word, for example, the message does no get moved. This worked with no problems in Outlook 2000. Also still occurs afte SP2 installation. :( Any advice would be appreciated -- rowland -------------------...

XMLSerializer and SQL Server
Hello, I'm trying to use the FOR XML EXPLICIT clause with SQL Server to deserialize data from my database into a strongly-typed collection object that I will use throughout my application. I initially tested my design by building a collection in code and then serializing it to/from an XML file, which worked fine. However, I have hit a brick wall trying to restore the data from SQL Server. I originally had my collection and object classes just marked as [Serializable()] without any of the XML Serialization attributes; however, replacing the "standard" serialization a...

How do I use Outlook 2003 with the Win2003 built-in POP3 server?
I am running a small network using Win2003 R2 servers and XP Pro workstations. I do not have Exchange and use the built-in POP3 server for email. I am using Outlook 2007 on the workstations to retrieve mail, but my users need to roam. All my users' data is redirected to an NFS share on my servers and I have relocated their pst files to their home folders. This seems to work OK, except for one user. In this case, when she opens Outlook, she gets the initial setup condition and we need to re-enter all her data again. The pst file seems to be intact and her mail is not lost. I h...

combine cells #3
Hello, say you have Mindy in A1, Thomas in B1, how can you combine those in C1 with a space between the names? Mindy, here is one way, =A1& " " & B1 -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Mindy" <Mindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:366327F8-7573-42A3-BF1A-9AEBE0275839@microsoft.com... > Hello, say you have Mindy in A1, Thomas in B1, how can you combine those > i...

mailing list servers for Exchange 2000/2003?
Are there any decent majordomo/listserv servers that integrate with Windows 2003 and Exchange 2000/2003? Try http://www.ikakura.com "Robert Gordon" <Robert_Gordon@nospam.perlegen.com> wrote in message news:#X1spgS5DHA.1368@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Are there any decent majordomo/listserv servers that integrate with Windows > 2003 and Exchange 2000/2003? > > ...

Quickbooks #3
Are there any hints on how to import QuickBooks 2004 data into Money 2005 Small Business? thanks m AFAIK it ain't possible. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "MR" <comconix@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message news:%23TVLtpb%23EHA.1452@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx...

New functionalities in version 3.0
Hi, I'm looking for any specyfication of new functionalities in version 3.0. We are writing new functionalites in base of 1.2 version - maybe it will not needed and we spend time. search google for microsoft crm and you will see lots of news items related to version 3.0 -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Rafal" <Rafal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C72D354-3ACC-479D-9B17-BC65036F978A@microsoft.com... > Hi, I'm looking for any specyfication of new functionalities in version 3.0. > We are writing new functionali...

Rule is copying item instead of moving it
I have a .inbox (. to make it come first in the list) and a receipts folder under my personal folders. I've created a rule to move anything with "read:" in the subject to the receipts folder on my personal. Then I have some rules to move anything else (3 rules, one for each importance to capture all e-mails) to my .inbox. The receipts move rule is putting items in the receipts folder but it also leaves a copy in the .inbox (indicating that it's getting captured in the 2nd set of rules). I specifically run the receipts rule first so it's taken care of but I can&#...

Average Question Again #3
I am confused as to what I should do. Thanks for all your help th answer I need is the average of a group of numbers. Maybe I entered th formula wrong I really am not sure what to do -- mikeee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikeeee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1461 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27013 ...

Function VBA
Dear expert, I am not good at function VBA, but I know that can help me to save a lot of memory. Say a cell in K10, L10 and M10 Contain figures 7,8,10 How can I write a function say in J10 type =cross(K10,L10,M10) Outcome can be 4. If And(M10>L10, L10>K10) = Show "All DOWN" If And(K10>L10, L10>M10) = Show "All UP" If And(K10>L10, L10<M10) = Show "K cross L UP" If And(K10<L10, L10>M10) = Show "K cross L down" Now I have a lengthy function in J10 which is going to copy from J10 to J32000 =IF(AND(K10>L10,L10&g...

Multiple companies / 1 report dictionary / 3 different check stubs
We currently use a modified "Direct Deposit Statement of Earnings" and Employee Checks Stub on Top and Bottom - L" reports to print paychecks/direct deposit statements. We need 3 versions of this modified report because we have three different companies and the checks require 3 different signatures. Other than the different signatures, the report layouts are identical. We use one reports dictionary for all three companies. How best to achieve this? Best regards, Caroline This is what I would try. You have one format for a check and you can export it out from tool...

Close Past Appointments automatically in CRM 3.0
In CRM 1.2 there use to be a stored procedure that would automatically close past appointments. In CRM 3.0 the SQL Job is still listed but the stored procedure is gone. Is there a way to get this back in CRM 3.0? Thanks Angela You can do that with workflows. Take a look at this blog post: http://www.cwrmobility.nl/weblog/2006/01/automatically-close-appointments-after.html HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "astuartmills" <astuartmills@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46BBBB6B-93AD-451F-810A-C8B42F750221@microsoft.com... &g...

CStdioFile #3
Dear All I am trying to open a file in Write mode without truncating it, but everytime it keeps getting truncating and only contains the last written line! What am I doing wrong here? Please help Thanks Srishti CStdioFile fileExOut; if( fileExOut.Open(Path, CFile::modeCreate | CFile::modeNoTruncate | CFile::modeWrite | CFile::typeText)== FALSE ) { : : } else { fileExOut.WriteString( String + sNEWLINE ); } On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 12:41:02 -0700, Sonu <sonu@online.nospam> wrote: >Dear All >I am trying to open a file in Write mode without truncating it, but >everytime it keeps g...

SBS 2008 and WSUS 3.0 question
Hi, In my SBS console under Updates I can see all the Updates that are waiting to be deployed (or not). Underneath that I can see Updates In Progress where there are around 25 updates with a yellow exclamation mark on which are reporting In Progress. They have been like this for over a week. When i look at the deployment report for these items I can see a pattern. On one item for example, the update has "installed" on the machines in the office, "Not Applicable" on the servers and "not installed" on some of the laptops which aren't connected ...