Server re-boots every day at 10:00am

My Exchange Server is re-booting at 10:00am almost every day. I have checked
everything scheduler removed IBM director. Does any one have an ideas how to
trouble shoot this.

Thanks for your help!
0
Maida (26)

What do the event logs indicate is happening at that time?

Have you considered opening a case with Microsoft PSS?

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Maida" <Maida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Exchange Server is re-booting at 10:00am almost every day. I have
> checked
> everything scheduler removed IBM director. Does any one have an ideas how
> trouble shoot this.
>
> Thanks for your help!

0
Ben
10/10/2005 3:59:41 PM
there's nothing in your event logs that might indicate what's causing this?

"Maida" <Maida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Exchange Server is re-booting at 10:00am almost every day. I have
checked
> everything scheduler removed IBM director. Does any one have an ideas how
> trouble shoot this.
>
> Thanks for your help!

0
sconkey (3059)
10/10/2005 4:01:04 PM
The only thing in the system log is:

The previous system shutdown at 11:59:14 PM on 10/9/2005 was unexpected.

Look at the time and date - but it didn't do the shutdown until 10:00am on
10/10 funny ! But that's what the date and time is on the event also.

I reviewed the application log to see if anything was going on at the same
time but nothing.

"Susan" wrote:

> there's nothing in your event logs that might indicate what's causing this?
>
> "Maida" <Maida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My Exchange Server is re-booting at 10:00am almost every day. I have
> checked
> > everything scheduler removed IBM director. Does any one have an ideas how
> > trouble shoot this.
> >
> > Thanks for your help!

0
Maida (26)
10/10/2005 4:19:01 PM
I would run some diagnostics on the hardware and/or call MS on this, and
open a case...perhaps a full memory dump would yield some information...

> The only thing in the system log is:
>

> The previous system shutdown at 11:59:14 PM on 10/9/2005 was unexpected.
>
> Look at the time and date - but it didn't do the shutdown until 10:00am on
> 10/10 funny ! But that's what the date and time is on the event also.
>
> I reviewed the application log to see if anything was going on at the same
> time but nothing.
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > there's nothing in your event logs that might indicate what's causing
this?

> > "Maida" <Maida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > My Exchange Server is re-booting at 10:00am almost every day. I have
> > checked
> > > everything scheduler removed IBM director. Does any one have an ideas
how
> > > trouble shoot this.
> > >
> > > Thanks for your help!

0
sconkey (3059)
10/10/2005 4:24:29 PM
Thank you,

"Susan" wrote:

> I would run some diagnostics on the hardware and/or call MS on this, and
> open a case...perhaps a full memory dump would yield some information...
>
> "Maida" <Maida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The only thing in the system log is:
> >

> > The previous system shutdown at 11:59:14 PM on 10/9/2005 was unexpected.
> >
> > Look at the time and date - but it didn't do the shutdown until 10:00am on
> > 10/10 funny ! But that's what the date and time is on the event also.
> >
> > I reviewed the application log to see if anything was going on at the same
> > time but nothing.
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> > > there's nothing in your event logs that might indicate what's causing
> this?
> > >
> > > "Maida" <Maida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > checked
> how

0
Maida (26)
10/10/2005 5:35:02 PM
"Maida" <Maida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>The previous system shutdown at 11:59:14 PM on 10/9/2005 was unexpected.
>
>Look at the time and date - but it didn't do the shutdown until 10:00am on
>10/10 funny ! But that's what the date and time is on the event also.

Verify that the time, date, and time zone is set correctly on that
server. Are you in Hawaii (-10) or Australia (+10)?

>I reviewed the application log to see if anything was going on at the same
>time but nothing.

If the system is crashing and there's no *.dmp file being written then
the problem is most likely to be with the I/O subsystem (motherboard,
disk controller, PCI bus, etc.)

If you want to catch what's happening, try setting the machine to NOT
restart after a crash. There may be information on the screen that
would be helpful in discovering what's going on.

If it happens exactly thesame time every day then I'd suspect some
sort of power problem. Are there maintenance people that might be
doing silly things like plugging vacuum cleaners into the same
unprotected power source that you computer is using (don't laugh, I've
had it happen)? Or is there some sort of automated self-test of a UPS
that might be failing? Don't discount external influences.

What about backups? Do they run at 10AM?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Rejected by Server
When sending mail, I get an error with "rejected by server". The e-mail is still sent, but I get this error message every time. You are hiding some of the details. The reject error would show some status error number, like 550, and an error code, like 0x.....CE. Are you sending e-mails using your ISP's SMTP (outbound) mail server? Or are you connected to their network but trying to relay SMTP requests across their network to an SMTP server on someone else's network? That's a no-no since many ISP's will not let you relay SMTP traffic across their network (except,...

can servers be moved between administrative groups?
Below is an extract from the 70-284 MS training kit. I am totaly confused i have been told in this newsgroup by an MVP that you can not move a server once installed to a different administrative group and have also read elsewhere that you cannot but Microsoft below say you can in both modes. Subsequent Exchange servers are added to routing groups during the installation process,and if necessary, you can move servers between routing groups using Exchange System Manager. The only caveat is that in mixed mode, you cannot move servers between routing groups that belong to different administrative...

Hello 04-11-10
Hello Haw do you do? ...

Re: Update for Windows Vista (KB980248) -- No more fonts available!
cf. http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/f7fa37ca-683c-4be1-b4ad-ab2dd1249399 PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote: > Are you running Vista SP1 or Vista SP2? Is Office 2010 installed? > > Was KB980248 offered & eventually installed via Windows Update or did you > (attempt to) install it manually? > > What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your > subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than > Defender)? > What third-party firewall (if any)? > > Has a(another) Norton or McAfee ap...

Every cell is highlighted
This is a new one for me. Afer opening up Excel '98 and go to a cell, every cell is highlighted when I move the mouse. I can not put any information in any cell. The only way to quit Excel is control, alt, delete and then it gives me "can not quit excel". It does though after a while. Wherever I move the mouse, the cells are highlighted. What gives? Thanks f8 key -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "5hulses" <5hulses@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B8F2E7E-8957-4B26-B64B-AEC88B6099BE@microsoft.com... > This is a new...

Outlook2003 : keeping a copy of PST on server
I can't seem find the place to make the change on the client's outlook to keep a copy of the pst file on exchange server. When I configured outlook I got the message to go into tools and select the option to keep a copy on server. I couldn't find that option and all mail was delivered to the client. When you go through owa all you will see is the new mail not delivered to the client. I'm going to hack at it and when I find something I will post my findings. But if someone already knows where to look I would appreciate that Thanks Norm found this article http://www...

Need help with formula 01-13-10

unable to access mail after re-enable account
Hi, After enable an disable account and change its password, it can login to its mail account. What's happening. Is it normal? Thanks a lot What is the error message when user tries to access mailbox? Does the user still show in ADUC has having Exchange attributes? Have you looked at the MB using ESM to see if it is disconnected? "Raymond" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:136c01c46f11$d16f8390$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > After enable an disable account and change its password, > it can login to its mail account. What's hap...

Server being used to send out viruses
Problem: When I select "Clients can only submit if homed on this server" in the CONNECTIONS tab in the IMC, my remote POP3 users cannot send email through the server. The email just sits in their Outbox. These POP3 clients do have mailboxes (email accounts) on the server so this should work. When I set my server to ACCEPT CONNECTIONS FROM ANY HOST, my server becomes a target for others (as known as evil people) to use my email server to send out viruses. Any ideas? Thanks, everyone who contributes to this forum. This is great! David Hi, If you are using Exchange, w...

SUMPRODUCT 01-21-10
The following formula works fine: =SUMPRODUCT(--(INDIRECT($AW$3&"!$BL1:$BL$6000")={"A"}),--(INDIRECT($AW$3&"!$O$1:$O$6000")="XN01"),(INDIRECT($AW$3&"!$CI$1:$CI$6000"))) However, I cant seem to get the following to work: =SUMPRODUCT(--(INDIRECT($AW$3&"!$BL1:$BL$6000")={"A","B"}),--(INDIRECT($AW$3&"!$O$1:$O$6000")="XN01","XR01"),(INDIRECT($AW$3&"!$CI$1:$CI$6000"))) I need to be able to summarise (using a headcount indicator (1) in Column CI) ...

Does a 'grace period' exist for Server CALs??
I am presently planning a new Win2k8 R2 DC/TS/AD/DNS server install. I know the TS/RDS CALs have a "grace period" which allows me time to obtain however many additional CALs we need. Does a similar "grace period" exist for the Server CALs per se?? If I don't have enough Server CALs (device) at the time of setting up the server and people's computers connecting to it via Terminal Services/Citrix, what will happen?? I haven't found anything searching the Internet... Thank you, Tom Hello tom12010, See here about the grace periods depending ...

Outlook Express Attachments #10
OE strips attachments containing Word docs. How do I stop this? The blocking access to feature is disabled via the security tab under tools | options. (its the second checkbox from the top.) -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Jim Beam" <pantheos2003@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:013101c3dd43$0623e970$a401280a@phx.gbl... > OE strips attachments containing Word docs. How do I > stop this? Tools Options Security untick the second check box "Jim Beam" <pantheos2003@yahoo.com&...

How do I view all Global Catalog Servers in Active Directory
Guys, Is there a way to view and confirm all the Global Catalog Servers in Active Directory? I'll appreciate your help.Regards. -- Buchi On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 08:21:01 -0700, "Buchi" <Buchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Guys, >Is there a way to view and confirm all the Global Catalog Servers in Active >Directory? I'll appreciate your help.Regards. You could in the DNS (dnsmgmt.msc) under the _msdcs folder for your AD domain. or nslookup (ls -t SRV ADdomain.com) or look via Sites and Services or use repadmin: (repadmin /showreps YourDC). The result wi...

Excel devides every number by 100
Even when I open a brand new file. I input a number (ie 5) and get 0.05 back. I have tried doing everything in cell format etc.. anyone have an idea? it is very annoying and adding loads of work to my project. thanks "=?Utf-8?B?a2luZ3M=?=" <kings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:48A39EFC-2D09-420F-B2DF-6EF5C0DB6109@microsoft.com: > Even when I open a brand new file. I input a number (ie 5) > and get 0.05 back. I have tried doing everything in cell > format etc.. anyone have an idea? it is very annoying and > adding loads of work to my project. > ...

GP 10 sp1 Installation guide
Did anyone get a copy of the installation guide for the sp? I am downloading the sp but I get an "access denied" error with the docs. If so, can you email to me offline. Contact me and I will send you my email address. -- Joanne Mahoney SDN Consulting Jacksonville, FL I was able to download the install guide. Please send me your email and I will email to you. Steve Berlin steveber@hotmail.com "Joanne" wrote: > Did anyone get a copy of the installation guide for the sp? I am downloading > the sp but I get an "access denied" error with the docs. &...

Money 30 Day Money Back Guarantee; instructions.
I tried out Money 2004 Small Business with an idea I might switch from quicken 2003 Home and Business. For a number of reasons that involve primairly invoices and Stock transaction updates, I'm sticking with Quicken. I purchased Money at Staples. At that time I asked the clerk about returning the product and he said I 'd have to deal directly with Microsoft. On the Money box there is a Money-Back 30 Day Guarantee Seal and that's all. No specific instructions as to what to do, where to send etc. If someone has this information please share it or directl me to where I might it...

prompting to save workbook every time (even when no changes made)
i have 3 workbooks all very similar and every single time i open any o them, even when not changing anything, i am prompted to save th thing. its so bad that i can literally open the workbook then click the clos button straight away and it STILL prompts me to save it because i seems to think something has changed. as far as i can see i dont have any macros or anything that will ru every time it starts and change something (i did have a = today in on cell which kept the date as today but taking this out made n difference -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Neowok! You prob...

7-bit and News Servers
Most of the messages that come here get the following news header fixed into them: Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I recently (15:16 Eastern, 2010.06.02, Wednesday) looked through various messages and noticed that the following people no longer post 7-bit. From: "Larry Serflaten" <serflaten at usinternet dot com> References: <1EDE11CE-8D50-4A18-B59C-95C45B849EFC@microsoft.com> Subject: Re: Instr problem in VB5 Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 14:12:35 -0500 Lines: 15 X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1983 X-...

Windows 7 and Dynamics GP 10 SP1
We are on Dynamics GP 10.0 SP1. We have many users that want to upgrade to Windows 7, but we are not ready to upgrade Dynamics. Does anyone know of a way to install Dynamics GP 10 SP1 on a Windows 7 machine? I was told there is a Feature Pack 1 that will allow the install, but it appears to me that you have to have SP4 installed before you can install the feature pack. Thanks GP has a DVD image available that you can install. They had many problems with the .net 2.0 sp1 so that GP could not be installed (easily) on any machine that had .net 2.0 sp1. They created a new insta...

Re: License
Hi All, How can i configure permissions to a new domain user, avoiding this kind of message when browsing MS CRM by IE: Thanks, Hugo Error You do not have sufficient access rights or privileges to perform this action. "Rod Walker" <rw@rw.com> wrote in message news:080901c34188$dee47e20$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Use the users I mentioned to load the default data. Once > that is in, then you can do what you want IF you want to > use the sample data. > > Whith this key, you get 50 licenses so you can use your > own users or whatever your...

Outlook Exchange Server #2
How do I set up an exchange server? Do you HAVE an exchange server? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Lloyd asked: | How do I set up an exchange server? ...