Server/Client Side Rules Not Working?

Hello all,

We have an Exchange Server v5.5 build 2653.23 SP4 running
on a Windows 2000 SP4 machine.  Whenever ANY one of our
Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003 clients tries to create a
rule it ALWAYS defaults to client-side, and never
actually executes.  There are no errors logged in the
Applications event log on the server or client.  Here is
some additional info you may find useful:

1.  The Exchange server resides in domain:CDS
2.  Users logon to domain:NT (2-way trust established
with doamin:CDS), their primary account is listed in
ExchAdmin as NT/Username.

3.  When users logon to domain:CDS, and the primrary user
account is set to CDS/Username, server-side rules can be
created, but they will not trigger.
4.  Client-side rules execute when POPing mail, but not
MAPI mail.
5.  When I logon to domain:NT and access our old Exchange
server in wholly within domain:NT, I can create server-
side rules AND they will trigger!

Somehow I have the feeling it is rights related, but I
don't know where to look.  Any help would be much
appreciated.

0
alex3150 (1)

"Alex" <alex@cds.on.ca> wrote in news:110fb01c3f560$bfe11290
$a101280a@phx.gbl:

> 5.  When I logon to domain:NT and access our old Exchange
> server in wholly within domain:NT, I can create server-
> side rules AND they will trigger!
>
> Somehow I have the feeling it is rights related, but I
> don't know where to look.  Any help would be much
> appreciated.

Have you tried recreating the local MAPI profile? I would give that a
shot. Something might still be pointing to your old exchange server.

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP

Taking out an Exchange 2003 Server from a site
I want to remove an old exchange 2003 from my site. How does one go about doing this? I did the following so far: Installed Exchange 2003 on new hardware and join it to my exchange site. I followed Tech Net Article 822931. Do I need to do anything else in order to get the old server out of my site cleanly. -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator Hi Eric, Following the steps in that article should do it for you. To be 100% sure, you can stop and disable the services on the server you wish to decommission for a few days and see if any problems arise. Good luck! -- Randy Campbell Microsof...

Shared macro not working for one user.
Hi, We have four managers who use the same pc on a shift pattern basis. They have have shift report (Excel), which has a macro embedded in it which when they click a link in it, will send the report via a Distribution list. However, with one manager it's not working. Everything looks the same and it's the same shift report template they access on a server. I have set up this manager on a another pc in my office and when it sent, goes through fine & the report is received ok. Is it some setting on the shared pc that is different on his profile perhaps? Getting stuck now so w...

Does a User's Rules Run if the User is not logged on?
They will run only if using an Exchange server and the rule is not Client only. >-----Original Message----- > >. > ...

error message everytime I reboot the exchange server
We are running exchange 2003 on a windows 2003 server box and everytime I reboot the server I get this error message, "WTEXCHANGE" has reported a "Error". Reported status is: Queues - "Unknown" Drives - "Unknown" Services - "Error" Memory - "Unknown" CPU - "Unknown" The server is working great, we just always get this message. Any ideas on what is causing it? Please email me at jerry.king@ktechserv.com Jerry It appears you have monitoring setup on the Exchaneg box. One of the services that you have set to monitor i...

Excel 2002 on a Terminal Server 2003
My users have an issue in Microsoft Excel 2002 while connected to a Terminal Server 2003. About 80% of the time when they copy and paste in a spreadsheet they get a message "cannot empty the clipboard" I have tried everything and looked everywhere, but cannot find a fix. I found a hotfix from Microsoft w/ the exact same symptoms but it only applies to Office 2003, therefore the Microsoft techs DO NOT recommend this. The article is http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;840872. Any help would be extremely appreciated. Hi in the Terminal Server Configura...

Field Validation Rules
If I have a field for a phone number entry, how can i create a rule so that it will set it up with parantheses around the area code and insert a hyphen...is that even possible? ...

503 This mail server requires authentication?
Another weird NDR was brought to my attention this morning. This only happens when sending to a particular external domain. The following NDR is immediately returned when trying to send: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: user@external.com on 7/8/05 7:45 AM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <mybridghead.domain.com #5.5.0 smtp;503 This mail server requires authentication. Please check your mail client settings.> Message tracking shows: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing Start...

Redirect Rule
At work, we have some people who use redirect or forward rules to receive their mail at home instead of using OWA, which we have allowed for. Recently, we have had complaints of bounces from an e-mail address that doesn't exist from some people who are sending to Distribution Lists in Exchange 2007. The behavior of the server is such that I can't seem to find the originator in our system who is redirecting mail to this outside disabled account. Since they are using Redirect instead of Forward rules, the original sender is receiving the NDR instead of the person with the ba...

Exchange 2007 Hub Servers and Reset-From: header
Hello, We have serveral recipients in our exchange organization who have their mail forwarded to an external recipient. We recently deployed exchange 2007 in the hub and client access roles. When a message is forwarded by exchange 2007, a Resent-From: header is being added to the message. For example: Resent-From: William Holmes wtholmes@cs.cornell.edu Is there a way to supress this Resent-From header? It is causing some problems for us. I would like the forwarding to be trasparent like it was in Exchange 2003. Obviously the Received: headers will still be there to track the message...

Code from 2003 no longer works on 2007
I barely know enough about Microsoft Access to get by and I created a program for work that keeps track of inventory and uses a visual basic code to pull up pictures in forms. This has always worked great on Access 2003 but since we upgraded to 2007 this no longer works. If anyone could please tell me what I need to do to this code to get it to work in 2007 I would greatly appreciate it. Option Compare Database Private Sub Form_Current() On Error GoTo err_Form_Current If Not Me!txtPicture = "" Or Not IsNull(Me!txtPicture) Then Me!Picture.Picture = GetPathPart & Me!txtPict...

No More New Fonts May Be Applied To This Work Book
Hi I run Excel 2003 under WinXP I have inherited a number of spreadsheets from another person. One of these sheets keeps putting an error up that says "No More New Fonts May Be Applied To This Work Book" I have to cancel the error a number of times before I can work on the sheet. Also if I try to add somthing to the header/footer I get the same message which I cannot clear unless I shut down the header/footer dialog box, whish means I cant add anything to the header/footer. Has anyone got any idea why I am getting this error? I have tried the file on other computers but I ...

How to stop scrolling in side by side comparison?
I am comparing and transferring information from one worksheet to another and I have turned off the sync scrolling on the side by side toolbar but it still scrolls together. What else can I do to stop this? Instead of using "side by side" comparison, go to window - New Window, and then goto Window - Arrange, and choose vertical/horizontal, and check the box for "windows of active workbook". -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "vdotMN" wrote: > I am comparing and transferring information ...

Project server 2007 deleted user by mistake
Hi, We are using project server 2007 forms authentication. By mistake I deleted one user from the project web access --> server setting -->delete enterprise objects objects. But the timesheet for the delete user is available. I tried to created the same user using pjformsauthupgrade command it is througing an error Failed to create user UserName. Error ResourceUIDInvalid occurred creating user. Failed to upgrade or create user UserName in the Project Server database. Upgraded users in published database. But when I try to create the user from Manage User--> Add U...

Autofill not working after upgrade do MS Exchange 2003
Dear Group! Over the weekend I upgraded one of my clients Exchange 5.5 installations to Exchange 2003. Because old exchange was not in the Active Directory I decided to use ExMerge to extract everything from the old server and then import into the new one (those were two different servers). So that's what I did. And there seemed to be no problem with any of those, however we got a small problem with autofill. Before it used to auto fill names when you started typing: "John Sm" it would complete to: "John Smith" pulling data from AD. It doesn't do it anymore. I googl...

OWA
I have 2 Exchange 2000 servers (same domain) in 2 different cities - is there a way I can direct all the users to only 1 OWA server to be able to access their e-mail, no matter which server their mailbox is on? Setup a Front-End server. Users will still be able to go directly to the URL on both back-ends if they know it/want to. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------- "Steele" <ksteele@summitnetworking.net> wrote in message news:eCvO3gk2FHA.2492@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I have 2 Exchange 2000 servers...

How can I connect my work in Access 2003 to a Wiki?
I've just set up an in-office Wiki that's being updated constantly. We use access when taking calls, and I'm wondering whether there's some way to connect it directly to the Wiki. Can anyone help? A Wiki being a web-based application, it is rather difficult to imagine being able to connect it to an mdb in any useful way. George "GWBootsy" <GWBootsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D35557F-B07C-4370-B6BC-BF488CBB20AC@microsoft.com... > I've just set up an in-office Wiki that's being updated constantly. We use > access when ...

My email code suddenly doesn't work anymore.
All of a sudden this email code doesn't work anymore. I had written it for an Access 2000 application. The IT department upgraded to MS Office 2003 about close to a month ago, but this code has continued to work up until a few days ago. I don't know what has happened to cause it to stop working. We use Outlook with exchange server. Is there anything that could have changed on the Exchange server to cause this to stop working? I haven't changed my references either. I still have the Microsoft Outlook 11 Object Library selected. When I attempt to run the code and it fa...

Best Work at Home Jobs Online
Online jobs are an effective way of making money online without any investment. By doing online jobs one can earn a decent part time income. Companies all around the world need employees who can do their work, so they hire people and they pay them for the work they do. But there are many problems which company owners face. Like after gaining a little experience, people start to demand more pay or they just go to some other high paying company. Just Visit : http://www.yourforexmoney.com ...

outlook rules #19
I create & use multiple folders and rules to re- direct/delete email extensively. Since Q2 I've had annoying & recurring instances where by the rules I create are not executed properly. Example: a new rule > send mail from XYZ@com.com > folder A. The first few times this is carried out fine then the mail is sent to the deleted folder. I then create a duplicate rule or edit the rules. I have had as many as 3 duplicate rules, all indicting the same action and still XYZ's mail is deleted. Some rules seem to work and some don't. Are you using the "stop proce...

Monitoring Project Server with Nagios
Hi, does anybody offer scripts to monitor Project Server with Nagios like with SCOM? Thanks for any advice Adrian -- Adrian Miller ...

smtp server name
I am just wondering if anyone could help with getting outlook to check my msn email I don't know the smtp of the pop3 server names to put into the set up wizard. You don't need to. Use a HTTP mail server instead and enter your e-mail address. The MSN server configuration will pop-up automatically. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Tips for cleaning up your mailbox Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparna...

ATTN: Works wdb files to Excel 2003 converter query
Hi, I need to convert MS Works .wdb files - unknown version - to Excel 2003. Do you have or know where I can download a free converter. It is only needed for a couple of files. TIA SeeAll AFAIK there isn't one, barring saving the Works files as version 2...very old, or saving as an Excel file in Works -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England www.nickhodge.co.uk nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "SeeAll" <seeallscansuk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:xqydnVIL9KMy_izZRVny2g@bt.com... > Hi, > > I need to convert MS Works...

Running rules on 2 mailboxes.
Hello, We use 2 user IDs and email boxes for employees (one personal and the other is for position). Position email box could be used by different people at different times (position holder or others during annual leave, training, or long assignment). We use Win XP and Exchange 2000. I am logging on to the network using my personal user ID and have full control on the position email box. How can I run rules on both email boxes? Thank you sulayman sugair ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages dire...

Work offline with Linked tables
Hello, I have an Access application with linked tables. I am looking for a way to run the application whithout being connected to the linked database i.e. when I will run the Access application I will not be connected to our company network so access will give me an error. Can I create an 'offline' version of my access database?? I am leaving the company where I work and I would like to be able to support them with that application. But with no access to the live system, it will be impossible. So If I can find a way to create an 'offline' version of the system with a copy of t...

Remote client that uses Headquarters Manager unable to download it
I've got a remote client which connects to Headquarters via Headquarters Manager. I am able to go to most items on the Database menu, but Database-> items does not download the item list. I've even tried running a query using Headquarters Manager to no avail. Please help. Where are the items missing? HQ or Store? "pangyan" wrote: > I've got a remote client which connects to Headquarters via Headquarters > Manager. I am able to go to most items on the Database menu, but Database-> > items does not download the item list. I've even tried running a...