Server being used to send out viruses

Problem:

When I select "Clients can only submit if homed on this
server" in the CONNECTIONS tab in the IMC, my remote POP3
users cannot send email through the server. The email just
sits in their Outbox. These POP3 clients do have mailboxes
(email accounts) on the server so this should work.

When I set my server to ACCEPT CONNECTIONS FROM ANY HOST,
my server becomes a target for others (as known as evil
people) to use my email server to send out viruses.

Any ideas?

Thanks, everyone who contributes to this forum. This is
great!

David

Hi,

If you are using Exchange, why are you using POP3 ?

Regards,
Ruwan Dissanayake

"david_lance" <david_lance@no_spam_hotmail.com_no_spam.com> wrote in message
> Problem:
>
> When I select "Clients can only submit if homed on this
> server" in the CONNECTIONS tab in the IMC, my remote POP3
> users cannot send email through the server. The email just
> sits in their Outbox. These POP3 clients do have mailboxes
> (email accounts) on the server so this should work.
>
> When I set my server to ACCEPT CONNECTIONS FROM ANY HOST,
> my server becomes a target for others (as known as evil
> people) to use my email server to send out viruses.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks, everyone who contributes to this forum. This is
> great!
>
> David

0
ruwand (40)