Server 2003 SMTP server and Exchange

Hi,

My first posting:

I've a windows 2003 server running the built in SMTP server for use
with Coldfusion and various backend systems that need to send out
emails - personnel, academic registry etc.

We have a new Exchange server in place, replacing another email system
whose relaying was either on or off.

My problem is that I can't get the SMTP server to relay through
exchange; the IP of the SMTP server is set up as a relay-allowed
system.

What do I need to do get this working?

Thanks,
Bob

0
bob3146 (1)

Need more details regarding your setup.

"webman" <bob@revalia.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> My first posting:
>
> I've a windows 2003 server running the built in SMTP server for use
> with Coldfusion and various backend systems that need to send out
> emails - personnel, academic registry etc.
>
> We have a new Exchange server in place, replacing another email system
> whose relaying was either on or off.
>
> My problem is that I can't get the SMTP server to relay through
> exchange; the IP of the SMTP server is set up as a relay-allowed
> system.
>
> What do I need to do get this working?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

0
fritz8172 (86)

Where can I find the newsgroups that have disappeared from the MS news server?
I've been an enthusiastic user of these wonderful MS newsgroups for years (mostly the Access groups), but I've noticed that Microsoft has been removing them from their news server. Are the discussions continuing on a Web-based forum somewhere? If so, I'm disappointed because I've found reading the message threads with a newsreader like Outlook Express is much more convenient than trying to manage the browser-based forums. But if that's the only thing available, I'd gladly use them. Can anyone tell me where I can go to find the question and answer gro...

Access 2003 Security Message On Open
All, I have approximately 15 databases that I am about to migrate to Access 2003 from 2000. I do not want the security message to appear every time one of my users logs on to the database. Registry changes and digital signatures are out of the question. If I put Application.AutomationSecurity = msoAutomationSecurityLow on open of my start up form will this prevent the warning message? Is there something I can put in the windows shortcut to turn this off? I have seen some suggestions were it is mentioned to call a script that calls the database to open in low security mode. Is this nec...

Move Exchange mailboxes from one Domain to another.
Okay, this is the scenario... I got called in to fix a big mess. I am not the one that set this up! (Just wanted to clear that up. ;)) Windows 2003 network.. 2 Domains Domain one: Active Directory DNS DHCP File Server Domain two: Active Directory DNS Exchange Both domains are under separate forests. The person that set this up setup duplicate user accounts under both domains. Why he didn't put the exchange server under the same domain, I have no clue. I just figure he didn't know what he was doing. So what I have is everyone logging in to Domain one to do their everyday work ...

Exchange database size priv1.edb increasing fast
Dear Sirs, Few days ago we start new server (2 processors HT, RAID1, SCSI) with SBS2003 Premium. We noticed that size of Exchange database priv1.edb is big and increasing constantly. During last 24hrs the size increased from 10Gb to 16Gb. The checkbox "Enable circular logging" is set. The Exchange database in prevoius server was 3Gb only, and work almost 1.5 year. What is the cause of this situation? How to stop this process? Is it possible to decrease size of Exchange database? Regards Darek you have to first isolate what is causing the increase go to the system manager and...

Outlook 2003 Strange Occurrence
I just installed Office 2003 and set up Outlook. Sometimes a strange thing happens. I click "new" for a new email. The window opens, but the area in which you type your email message is "transparent", showing whatever is behind the opened Outlook window and I can't type an email message into the window. I close Outlook, let it be for a while, then open it again, open a "new" email message and it's fine again - the window is opaque and I can type in it again. ...

hlp: 5.5 to 2003 multiple sites
Hello. My company is fairly large, with our site hosting about 5000 and having site links to other company divisions. I'm pretty new and I've mostly used Exchange 2000/2003 but never in an environment this large. The plan is to break the external site connectors, put ADC on, populate external email corp contacts from those sites by corp pushing them as mail contacts into our AD , deploy a 2003 box and start moving people/servers to 2003. The concern is that users have made contacts from the GAL corporation wide, which are tied back to other site 5.5 entries. And the assumpt...

List servers and their DNS server settings
I am trying to get a list of server names and their primary and secondary DNS server settings. If I try the following command: get-wmiobject Win32_networkadapterconfiguration -computername "servername | select name, DNSServerSearchOrder It would give me the specific servername and its dns addresses. I know have a list of computernames which I would like to list out and their DNSserversearchorder settings (DNS settings) I tried putting the list of computernames in a text file by using get-qadcomputer | export-csv C:\computername.txt -notype Then I used the get-con...

Exchange Server/Relay Server Problem
I am in the process of moving all users from our old e-mail domain to the new e-mail domain. The old e-mail accounts reside on a Linux server running QMail with a domain similar to organization.com. All new accounts are being moved to an Exchange Server with the domain name of organization.ca; The Exchange server had been configured to relay all mail through the Linux server. As we moved people to the new domain name (organization.ca) the QMail server was configured to forward the users mail to the new accounts. It did so flawlessly until Friday... On Friday administration decided they...

OU is blocking Exchange attributes
I have a perplexing issue that I am trying to solve. I have one particular OU in our AD structure that will not allow a user account to be populated with any Exchange attributes. Let me explain a little further. In this OU are users that do not have a mail box on our corporate email server, but they need their user account enabled with an email address. I can run the wizard to mail enable the account, but the user properties do not populate with the global settings. Things like the SMTP address, ccMail etc. I can move the user to another OU and have no problem enabling email. The big pr...

Multiple Exchange Servers and Email Router
When installing CRM 4 Email Router in an environment with 2 Exchange servers, where do I need to install the Email Router? it is not requirement in CRM 4.0 to install the exchange router on exchange. All you need to do is to choose the exchange server name while configuring the router . I myself had installed the router on CRM server. /Aamir ...

dc as a file server
is it bad practice to have your dc as a file server as well. 100 people or less. One dc is Exchange and the other is the file server. Just wondering if I should put a member server in and move the file server over to that one? any thoughts appreciated. Not necessarily. This is common for branch offices to use the DC as the office file server also hth DDS "joe schmo" <joeschmo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3332409F-9184-4A3F-9DB3-1E8B57591C08@microsoft.com... > is it bad practice to have your dc as a file server as well. 100 peo...

EXCEL 2003 #8
Can I take the contents ("WD4") of a cell (A2)on Sheet1, look for a match of the code ("WD4") on Sheet2 in cells A1-A20, and return the coresponding text in B1-B20 on Sheet2 to cell B2 on Sheet1. On Sheet1: =INDEX(B1:B20,MATCH(A2,Sheet2!A1:A20,0)) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:582672AF-9360-4525-9F8F-9C236D08A1A7@microsoft.com... > Can I take the contents ("WD4") of a cell (A2)on Sheet1, look for a match > of > the code ("WD4") on Sheet2 i...

File in 2007 form
I was trying the Beta Office 2007 and made the mistake of saving one of you Excel file in the new 2007 form. I really need it back in the 2003 form. Problem: due to a variety of issues, I de-installed the Beta version and went back to 2003 but for got about the one file.. So; are there any utilities that anyone knows of the will convert this file back two 2003 form?? It is a simple Excel file, meaning that there are no clever or fancy formula or macros, just a collection of parts and part numbers gathered over MUCH time surfing various web sites. Any help or advise (beside the obvious....

Can you use the old Lotus "/ commands" in Excel 2003?
In Excel 2000 you could use a demo mode to activate the old Lotus menu commands. Can you do this in Excel 2003? Look at Tools>Option>Transition -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "DAW" <DAW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5590E6E-DFE1-4A9A-8651-387B7F49D112@microsoft.com... > In Excel 2000 you could use a demo mode to activate the old Lotus menu > commands. Can you do this in Excel 2003? > It's gone from xl2003. DAW wrote: > > In Excel 2000 you could use a demo mode to activate the old Lotus menu > commands. Can you do thi...

error when deleting mailbox in exchange 55
Hi, i am having problems when trying to delete a mailbox in my exch 55. i receive the error c1040af4. does anybody know how to solve it? ...

Mail Server for Win XP
Is it possible to run an Exchange mail server on a winXP system? I have come to the conclusion that this won't work. If it isn"t possible, couold someone let me know what mail server software is out there that will run on a WinXP system. Thanks HL HL649 wrote: > Is it possible to run an Exchange mail server on a winXP system? I > have come to the conclusion that this won't work. If it isn"t > possible, couold someone let me know what mail server software is out > there that will run on a WinXP system. > > Thanks > HL No - Exchange must run on...

Disaster Recovery
Hi, I experienced a hardware failure on my vmware server which was running a SQL Server 2005 vm. I had an "older" copy of this machine with the same exact settings. I was able to bring it up but now I can't get it to talk to my DPM 2007 server which has all the SQL protected data. I uninstalled the agent manually and reinstalled it with the -dpmServerName option... still no luck. Any ideas? If I understand it correctly: 1. An SQL 2005 server which is hosted on a VM server was being protected by DPM 2007. 2. Due to VM server failure, you have brought the S...

Help Understanding Microsoft Server Products
Hi all We are looking to upgrade servers (currently running WinServer 2003) - new hardware and software. The Essential Business Server Premium pack appears to be ideal in terms of the software and package offered. BUT it appears that there will not be a version of this supporting Exchange 2010 for some months. This means we put a significant investment into 3 year old software, rather than catching the up-to-date flavour. So what's the difference between buying the EBS package and buying individual software applications separately? Also, is there additional software i...

Exchange 2003 Reaches 16GB Limit
My Exchange 2003 standard edition complains of reaching 16GB even though the mailbox store shows a combined size of about 2GB. Priv1.edb is reading 15.8GB. What could be the cause of this. This server is only handling 50 users and is 2 months old. The largest mailbox is about 107MB. First, it's the _combined_ size of priv1.edb and priv1.stm that is limited to 16GB in the Std Edition. You could start by reading MSKB article 828070 which will show you how to _temporarily_ increase the permitted DB size so that you can delete stuff. Gordon "Leonard Okoh" <lokoh@tranterse...

Excel 2003 VB referencing #N/A not working but works in Excel 2007
I have a very simple macro that works in Excel 2007 but hangs up constantly in Excel 2003. Does anyone have a work around? Problem: When referencing cells that have a #N/A value, Excel 2003 craps out even if I use the ISNA application function before it. The following 2 statements will cause Excel 2003 VB to stop regardless of order if the cell that is referenced comes up with #N/A. Series = Cells(RowNumStart + X - 1, SeriesCol).Value If WorksheetFunction.IsNA(Cells(RowNumStart + X - 1, ColNum)) Then Further background.... I am actually wanting to find #...

Outlook 2003 build 11.5608.5606
I installed Outlook about a week ago and everything was going well until yesterday when Outlook became very unstable. It is to the point were I can't right click on anything or switch to different folders without it crashing and asking to send an error report to Microsoft (I bet I have about fifty in the last day and a half). I originally had Office 2000 Premium on my system when I upgraded to Office 2003 Professional. Since then, I have uninstalled Office 2003 and 2002 (rebooting after each one), going in the registry and removing all references to Office anything, Uninstalli...

Exchange 5.5 SMTP
I am trying to route outbound SMTP mail to a child and parent domain using two seperate smart hosts. I do not want to use DNS to resolve these two address. Can this be accomplished using the address space, routing, or connection tabs of the IMS? I have tried using the email domain and listing the child and parent, but I am unable to use * or other wildcards to represent the child domain Y.NET 198.155.2. X.Y.NET 198.155.2. SMTP conversation between servers starts with a DNS lookup of the MX record to find the other server. I don't get what you are trying to do here?? or what you want...

IS MY SERVER A RELAY?
Hello, I recently came to know something unsettling. Our internal servers can send mail via our exchange smtp protocol without the ip address being in the relay list. I have been using the relay list exclusively, so I'm not sure how this is possible. Below are the settings we have. If you can think of any way this is possible and how to fix it, please let me know. mailserver.ourdomain.com is the smtp address people are supposed to put into programs for the smtp server. it is a dns cname for one of our exchange servers. in the exchange system manager, we have the smtp protocol with...

Recovery Virtual server....
I want to create a virtual test lab/recovery environment for my domain. has anyone else done this in the past? i am think of creating this on a segmented network with exact replicas of my DC and exchange server. although i have a question about recovering databases to this test environment, would i basically need to install my backup software on a machine in the test lab and restore that way... im a little confused on what the best way to do this would be. thanks. Yes on the backup software. The problem might be connecting it to your tape library. Make sure that the network is completely...