Separating Recourse mailboxes in GAL

Is there any way to separate Recourse mailboxs in the GAL (for organized
viewing from Outlook)?

0
tmiller1 (39)

I don't believe there is a way to do this since when you create Address
Books, you need to use criteria to filter and "resource" mailboxes don't
have criteria in Exchange, it is just a process for sending an appoinment
request directly to the calendar folder without going through the inbox.
What you could do is use a custom attribute (ex: Custom Attribute1 =
"Resource") and then filter on that to create a sub-Address Book called
"Resources"

"Tim" <tmiller@deppmann.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to separate Recourse mailboxs in the GAL (for organized
> viewing from Outlook)?

0
Steve
3/7/2005 8:25:06 PM
I tried setting up a couple of public folders this way... Defining a
sub-Address book in Exchange System Manager, where the filter criteria
looked for a certain string in the Customer Attribute 1.  When I'm setting
up the address book, I display the results and get what I expect.  But when
I look at it from Outlook I see nothing.
Maybe I'm using these wrong somehow?

"Steve Carr" <scarrNOSPAMbastyr.edu> wrote in message
>I don't believe there is a way to do this since when you create Address
> Books, you need to use criteria to filter and "resource" mailboxes don't
> have criteria in Exchange, it is just a process for sending an appoinment
> request directly to the calendar folder without going through the inbox.
> What you could do is use a custom attribute (ex: Custom Attribute1 =
> "Resource") and then filter on that to create a sub-Address Book called
> "Resources"
>
> "Tim" <tmiller@deppmann.com> wrote in message
>> Is there any way to separate Recourse mailboxs in the GAL (for organized
>> viewing from Outlook)?

0
tmiller1 (39)
3/7/2005 9:02:33 PM
Well first of all if you are using Outlook 2003, make sure you are not using
cached mode or it can take up to 24 hours before you see any GAL changes.

You are probably going to want to create an Address List.  See this:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319213&Product=exch2003

Best regards,
Steven

>I tried setting up a couple of public folders this way... Defining a
>sub-Address book in Exchange System Manager, where the filter criteria
>looked for a certain string in the Customer Attribute 1.  When I'm setting
>up the address book, I display the results and get what I expect.  But when
>I look at it from Outlook I see nothing.
> Maybe I'm using these wrong somehow?
>
> "Steve Carr" <scarrNOSPAMbastyr.edu> wrote in message
>>I don't believe there is a way to do this since when you create Address
>> Books, you need to use criteria to filter and "resource" mailboxes don't
>> have criteria in Exchange, it is just a process for sending an appoinment
>> request directly to the calendar folder without going through the inbox.
>> What you could do is use a custom attribute (ex: Custom Attribute1 =
>> "Resource") and then filter on that to create a sub-Address Book called
>> "Resources"
>>
>> "Tim" <tmiller@deppmann.com> wrote in message
>>> Is there any way to separate Recourse mailboxs in the GAL (for organized
>>> viewing from Outlook)?

0
umm.no (16)

shared mailbox accountability\auditing
I heard MS has released a hotfix for Exchange server 2007 SP2 that enables "accountability" when people send email from shared mailboxes. Do anyone know anything about this? Thanks, Mike Bonvie ...

logging mailbox logins
I have a user that needs to be monitored on how often the login. Where do I find this information or file? I find it here on my Exchange 2003 Server- Exchange System Manager- Exchange|Servers|Server_Name|First Storage Group|Mailbox Store|Logons Hope that helps some... "Chris" wrote: > I have a user that needs to be monitored on how often the login. Where do I > find this information or file? That is correct but that is not what I had in mind. That only shows the last login and logoff. I want a tally of the users logins to mailbox. Thanks for reply. "Christopher...

Recommended number of mailbox on Exch2003
Is it a good idea put 2,500-3,000 mailbox on Exch2003 Server or should be better split this into two mailbox servers ? Db size would be 60GB, 10% annual growth. Should I be Ok with a Dual Proc or should I buy a 4 Proc for such number of mailboxes ? I am also considering clustering this and I would like to hear if clusters are working fine on exch2003. Although Exchange can handle the 3000 mailboxes in a single box, you must also take into considerartion if this machine fails then the whole organiztion will suffer loss of e-mail service for some time. Think about fault tolerance and how t...

Mailbox Manager Installation Error #2
When I start to run the install of Microsoft Exchange mailbox manager it goes through most of it then comes back with "unable to install mailbox agent, [80004005]" then it says "setup failed".What can be wrong?We run our Exchange Server as a BDC Environment:Exchange 5.5 on Windows NT 4.0 ...

Mailbox Manager
I have added new Exchange 2003, SP1 cluster running on Windows 2003, SP1 to our native mode AD. When I try to run mailbox manager, I get 2 errors in my event log: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: Mailbox Management Event ID: 9200 Date: 6/10/2005 Time: 9:57:13 AM User: N/A Computer: TJEXCH14 Description: Failed to perform MAPI logon. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: MAPI Session Event ID: 9175 Date: 6/10/2005 Time: 9:57:13 AM U...

how many mailboxes on an exchange 5.5 server
What is the fastest way to find out how many mailboxes are on an individual exchange 5.5 server Look at the status bar in Exchange Admin, when the Recipients folder is selected. Else, Tools, Directory Export. -- Julian Milano "marc" <wishama@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:022801c3ce3e$44225220$a101280a@phx.gbl... > What is the fastest way to find out how many mailboxes are > on an individual exchange 5.5 server "Julian Milano" <jdmils_NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote: >Look at the status bar in Exchange Admin, when the Recipients folder is >s...

Changing the display order in the Exchange 2003 Gal
I am needing to find out how to change the display order in the GAL to Name, Dept, Title, Company, Alias, Phone Number I have not been able to find out how to change the columns anywhere but have found from first name last name to last name first name. Is it some what the same to change the column order? ...

Dealing with leavers mailboxes?
I've not got to cross this bridge yet, but I read something that suggested that if someone leaves the company and you disable their domain account, their mailbox can no longer receive mail. Is this right? Under 5.5 when someone left I'd disable their domain account (so they couldn't logon obviously) and then either assign their manager permissions to their mailbox on the mailbox permissions tab, or set new mail to auto-forward via the delivery options tab. If disabling the account isn't an option under 2003 how should I do it? Being able to see a big red X in the ADUC...

How to disable a mailbox temporarily?
Hi, I am new to Exchange and this may sound like a dumb quesiton. Please excuse me. I need to disable some users' mailboxes for a short period. How do I do that in Exchange 2003 (Windows 2003 AD environment) Thanks, Vakharia Depends what you're trying to accomplish. You could: -disable their AD account. This will cause mail to bounce and prevent them from logging in (to Exchange and anything else that uses their AD credentials). - expire their AD account. Mail will continue to be delivered, but the user will not be able to login. - remove/change their SMTP email address from...

SMTP e-mail is being delivered to a wrong mailbox
Good Morning, We had a mailbox XYZ with 2 SMTP addressess: SMTP1 (primary) and smtp2. After creating a new user ID 123 with its own mailbox; deleting the smtp2 from XYZ, and adding it to mailbox of account 123, half of the messages from the Internet that are addressed to smtp2 still go to mailbox XYZ - even though the only SMTP currently associated with mailbox XYZ is SMTP1. Any help on why this is occuring or how to resolve it would be helpful. Your active directory isn't replicating. "Alex" <dcihelpdesk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4daa01c473db$b7184670$a...

moving mailboxes from aserver to another
I moved all exchange 2003 mailboxes from a server (server 1) to another exchange 2003 server (server 2) few months ago. I didn't experienced any problem. That told, the databases on the server 1 from where I moved all mailboxes kept the database files at the same size. I'm about to start a maintenance operation on the databases, including defragmentation. Quite frankly I doubt it has something to do with the size of the databases. Would you suggest me to remove the databases from the exchange on server 1? Also, I let the public folder store running on the server 1. I established...

Re-route spam mail NDR to an existing mailbox
Running Exch55Sp4 and Outlook2000. NDR's for spam messages to non-existent local mailboxes are clogging my imcdata\out directory. My spam service provider does a good job of blocking spam that I forward to it, but only if I can supply the original unmodified message. I have routed NDR's to a separate mailbox, but the spam message that I extract from the NDR does not provide the information they need - it appears as a new outgoing mail message in Outlook. Any idea how I can make the message in the NDR look like a normal incoming message that was delivered to an existing mailbox? These...

Create a GAL for each sub-company in our Exchange system?
I would like to create a GAL for each sub-company within our organization and I've found that I can limit access to the COMPANY_A GAL by applying filters, but, I'm also wanting to block all access to the default/master GAL - is that possible? Basically, I'm trying to setup sub-companies within the single Exchange server such that none of the companies can see the accounts in the other companies - is there a document/link on doing this? -- You can't trust your best friends, your five senses, only the little voice inside you that most civilians don't eve...

New Users can't Access Mailbox
An NT4 BDC with Exchange 5.5 running with W2k3 AD (as PDC emulator) in a single domain. The original NT4 PDC was upgraded in place. Note: old users are those created before the in-place (NT4 to W2k3) upgrade and new users are those created after the upgrade. Why can't new users access their Exch5.5 mailbox while all old users have no problem accessing it? New users can only logon to the domain and that's it. What am I missing? I'm completely lost. Have you specified Primary NT account for mailbox correctly? Compare account properties between old and new, there should be some ...

Exchange 2003 GAL #3
Please help I would like to know how (if at all) I can have my external email accounts in firstname.surname order, the displayname in firstname.surname order, but the GAL in surname.firstname order? Kind regards Gary ...

Temporary mailbox
I am attempting to set up a mailbox using Outlook 2007 on Windows XP, using Exchange 2003. I am getting a message ... "Your mailbox has been moved on Microsoft Exchange Server. A temporary mailbox exists but it might not have all your data." If only gives me three options ... 1) use temporary mailbox 2) use old data 3) cancel. However, none of these choices fixes the problem. So how do I fix? margaret <margaret@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am attempting to set up a mailbox using Outlook 2007 on Windows XP, > using Exchange 2003. I am getting a mess...

Sizes (Mailboxes, Public Folder)
Hi! We deployed Exchnage 2003 Enterprise Edition on Windows 2003 AD (native mode). Can somebody give me exact information about the size limiting related to mailboxes and public folders: 1) What is the maximum size of an user mailbox? What ist the optimal size of it? 2) What is the max. size of a mailbox store? Optimal size? 3) What is the max. size of Public Folder store? 4) Can public folders have size limiting on each folder level? Thanks in advance. Cicek 1. There is no maximum mailbox size unless you define mailbox limits. The optimal size is also relative. I have a 1gb mailbox (...

If i would loose a users mailbox
Hi all I hav exc2003 and outlook 2003 and was browsing through the System Manager and notice the option Mailbox Recovery Centre.I was just curios to find out should i loose a users mailbox how can i recover it.If i click on Mailbox Recovery Centre there is nothing under it but if i right click i can add a mailbox store.So i add the store here, for in case i find myself in a scenario when i loose a mailbox, to recover it or is there any other (easier) options when i need to recover mail - Does the above process stay the same when loosing some of a users mail but NOT the whole mailbox. t...

Multiple GAL security
I am running E2k3 and trying to setup multply Global address lists based on Group Membership. I have be referecing article 321723 which states to build a filder using user-Group Memebership Is eactly then the distinguished name. WHen I select field, user, there is no group memebership field to select from. Can anyone give me an example of how they have done this. Also, when setting up filters, can you use bolean logic with the filters??? IE.. user email ends with abc.com and user email ends with def.com? Thank you, Steve Click User -> Member Of ---------------------------...

User Mailbox: Monitoring amount of traffic on a per-minute basis
Hoping that one of you witty folks can assist: I am looking for a close to real time tool (off-the shelf, shareware, freeware, script) that can provide a baseline of how much e-mail is entering a user's mailbox on a per-minute basis. Perfmon does not get this granular =^( and I don't know if this is possible with Microsoft Operations Manager. We are also looking for something that could set an alert, after 20 e-mails arrive in the mailbox in a 60-second period of time, a warning would be sent to an administrator. I do realize that there are server-based tools that can provide inform...

Suddenly Mailbox is full
Hi all Suddenly one of my users was unable to receive mesages, the sender gets a mesage "The message could not be delivered because the recipient's mailbox is full". The size of the mailbox user is 900 MB, the user had the the option "Use Mailbox Store Defaults" for its Mailbox Storage Limits, I set his limit to 1 GB and the problem seems to be resolved. However other users have bigger mailboxes and they have the option "Use Mailbox Store Defaults" also, why this happened to this user?? Any help will be appreciated What are the storage limits? How ...

After mailbox move to ne server client has 2 instances of exchange mailbox
Anyone seen this. Both servers E2K3 SP2. Now the Outlook client for some of the users is showing 2 instances of the mailbox. They are not on the Exchange servers. The Outlook client is only mail store connected to 1 exchange server. This information is being fed to me by a user and I need to do more research but I thought I would ask. One posit was that the mailbox move to the new server happened when the Outlook client was active. I dismissed this scenario, don't work that way. Any other ideas? help bill Hi Bill, What happens when you view the person through either the Exchange S...

Is there a way in Exchange 2000 to export a list of all the mailboxes over a certain size?
Is there a way in Exchange 2000 to export a list of all the mailboxes over a certain size? At the moment I am just going in Exchange System Manager and then trawling through all the storage groups to check the numbers. It is kind of laborious to check the size of mailboxes and the number of messages one at a time, so was wondering if there is a way to do this automatically within Exchange, or do I need to use third party tools? Thanks, QH This is possible if you have Crystal. There is a 3rd party, will have a poke around now Yes it is possible to get a list of mailboxes over a certain s...

mailbox.pst error
Received error when trying to use Outlook 2003 that said errors detected and need to run Inbox Repair Tool. Tried that and when it was doing repair, it quits with errors so looked at the mailbox.log and it says fatal error: 800409900, dwErr=0 Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this problem. Outlook will open but as soon as I try to read or delete or move an email, it freezes up and then gives me the message to try the inbox repair tool. ...

Emails being delivered to wrong user's mailbox via POP3 / Exchange
Strange issue, had to set up an Exchange server for a small office where they wanted to access their mail via Outlook POP3 remotely. Tried to talk them into using OWA but they didn't want to hear it(set in their ways I guess). Okay, so here is the issue: I had an account set up for myself to test with that was working fine, I was accessing their Exchange 2003 server via Outlook Express with no problems. I had a user come over to my workstation where I had Outlook Express open and running and had her log in to her mailbox via OWA. From that point forward I have been receiving mai...