Sending "xexch50" to an external server

My client's Exchange server has started sending this command to my server,
for which mine requires authentication, and so now none of my clients emails
can get to me.

My clients techo's of course say the fault is at my end - but I doubt it. My
understanding is that command should only ever be sent to internal server.

Can anyone assist in finding a cause, and resolution? I've searched the web,
but not found a lot to help.

Cheers,
Dino

Does this help?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843106

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 08:57:49 +1300, "Dean Cleaver"
<dean.cleaver@panties.xceptionsoftware.com> wrote:

>My client's Exchange server has started sending this command to my server,
>for which mine requires authentication, and so now none of my clients emails
>can get to me.
>
>My clients techo's of course say the fault is at my end - but I doubt it. My
>understanding is that command should only ever be sent to internal server.
>
>Can anyone assist in finding a cause, and resolution? I've searched the web,
>but not found a lot to help.
>
>Cheers,
>Dino

0
adavid (8731)
11/20/2004 3:37:26 PM
One of the links on it did - thank you!

Dino

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
message news:25pup01n2guop9tsk66q99n8vcuek9v8np@4ax.com...
> Does this help?
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843106
>

> On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 08:57:49 +1300, "Dean Cleaver"
> <dean.cleaver@panties.xceptionsoftware.com> wrote:
>
>>My client's Exchange server has started sending this command to my server,
>>for which mine requires authentication, and so now none of my clients
>>emails
>>can get to me.
>>
>>My clients techo's of course say the fault is at my end - but I doubt it.
>>My
>>understanding is that command should only ever be sent to internal server.
>>
>>Can anyone assist in finding a cause, and resolution? I've searched the
>>web,
>>but not found a lot to help.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>Dino

7010 and XEXCH50 errors
Good day everyone: After applying the recent updates to my front-end server, [12 in number: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows Server 2003 (KB918899) Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB922616) Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - August 2006 (KB890830) Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB921398) Security Update for Outlook Express for Windows Server 2003 (KB920214) Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB921883) Security Update for Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (KB912442) - Non-cluster Update for Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (...

XEXCH50 Command when sending E-mail !
Hi, I have big problem when i sending all E-mail to one domain, but i can sent e-mail to other domain. When i sending the e-mail to (example : abc@abc.com), i will receive the error message from my mail server ( i using Exchange Server 2003 ) : Error Message : ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Testing E-mail ! Sent: 1/26/05 12:54 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: ...

xexch50
we had 2 email server in house (both different domain) one was originally the old network the new email server was installed last year one was running windows 2003 standard and the new was running windows 2003 enterprise the reason the old email server wasnt decommission was because of time constraints. So what we do is forward from old email server to new email server we are seeing on the new server the following error even id 7004 this is an SMTP protocol error log for virtual server ID 1, connection # 300485. The remote host " XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX", responded to t...

Removing 250-XEXCH50 from EHLO Response
Greetings! I have a problem receiving mail from a few external domains on my E2k3 server. After considerable log diving I've concluded the problem stems from the use of the XEXCH50 command. Because the response to EHLO advertises XEXCH50, those pesky external Exchange servers actually try and use it. The problem for some senders is that once they have, my server sends the 504 response and that's all she wrote. Wait 5 minutes and a QUIT is issued. My clients don't get their mail and the recipient gets a 451 4.4.1 message. Now, of course, I realize that XEXCH50 is only t...

XEXCH50 issue with smtp mail incoming from an external MS server
Hi, I received a complaint that an external contact could not send mail to our exchange 5.5 SP 4 mail server, but had no problem sending to our non-MS mail servers. I have applied the patch from MS03-046, to prevent denial of service hacks with XEXCH50. When I examined the logs I found multiple entries like... The event log shows an entry MSExchangeIMC, SMTP Interface Events, ID 4153 x.x.x.x attempted to submit without using authentication. The submission was not allowed. and the SMTP log shows 02/12/2003 13:41:33 : A connection was accepted from x.x.x.x. 02/12/2003 13:41:33 : <<&l...

Sending "xexch50" to an external server
My client's Exchange server has started sending this command to my server, for which mine requires authentication, and so now none of my clients emails can get to me. My clients techo's of course say the fault is at my end - but I doubt it. My understanding is that command should only ever be sent to internal server. Can anyone assist in finding a cause, and resolution? I've searched the web, but not found a lot to help. Cheers, Dino Does this help? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843106 On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 08:57:49 +1300, "Dean Cleaver&qu...