Sending Email without using Smart Host

We have Exch2000. We used to use Earthlink as our dial-up ISP and
configured the SMTP connector to "Forward all mail through this
connector to the following smart host: with the Earthlink SMTP info as:
smtpauth.earthlink.net

In order to get a broadband connection, we switched to using an EVDO
card (Aircard for Mobile BroadBand) from are wireless carrier who does
not provide SMTP mail server capability. Our incoming mail (POP3) has
always been hosted by our webhost based on our domains
(CompanyNameA.com;CompanyNameB.com).

What are our options to send email..such as setting up a free gmail
account, etc??? We do have a Static IP nor can we get one, and do not
know if that would help our options anyway.

Thanks

0
melickas (26)

Wow, setting up Exchange using EVDO network as your broadband connection is
iffy at best.  Have you called the Wireless provider to see if they support
this?

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA

<melickas@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> We have Exch2000. We used to use Earthlink as our dial-up ISP and
> configured the SMTP connector to "Forward all mail through this
> connector to the following smart host: with the Earthlink SMTP info as:
> smtpauth.earthlink.net
>
> In order to get a broadband connection, we switched to using an EVDO
> card (Aircard for Mobile BroadBand) from are wireless carrier who does
> not provide SMTP mail server capability. Our incoming mail (POP3) has
> always been hosted by our webhost based on our domains
> (CompanyNameA.com;CompanyNameB.com).
>
> What are our options to send email..such as setting up a free gmail
> account, etc??? We do have a Static IP nor can we get one, and do not
> know if that would help our options anyway.
>
> Thanks

0
jcoliverjr (1013)
1/23/2007 8:33:31 PM
We understand what you are saying but rather than get into pros/cons of
our situation I would rather find a resolution. Our wireless carrier
does not offer SMTP service--they are not a typical ISP per se, they
just get us online and that's it...and it is an "always on" connection
because we have EVDO router.

We have a small network and share the same email hosting company with
Network Solutions. Network Solutions does have an SMTP server for our
email;however, within our network we have to support email for more
than one email domain:Companyname1.com, Companyname2.com &
Companyname3.com. So we used the same SMTP outgoing server from
Earthlink.

With Network Solutions, we have an SMTP Capability for each email
domain mail.companyname1.com, etc...So, if we were just using Outlook
without Exchange Server, we could use them to send email.

So, can we create a separate SMTP connector for EACH email domain and
link it to each domain, respectively? For example SMTP connector1 is
for sending email that is for Companyname1.com

Or, does someone know of a service, either free or not, such as gmail
or www.authsmtp.com that can be used for all of our email domains?

Thanks again...

John Oliver, Jr. [MVP] wrote:
> Wow, setting up Exchange using EVDO network as your broadband connection is
> iffy at best.  Have you called the Wireless provider to see if they support
> this?
>
> --
> John Oliver, Jr
> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
> Exchange MVP 2007
> Microsoft Certified Partner
>
> <melickas@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > We have Exch2000. We used to use Earthlink as our dial-up ISP and
> > configured the SMTP connector to "Forward all mail through this
> > connector to the following smart host: with the Earthlink SMTP info as:
> > smtpauth.earthlink.net
> >
> > In order to get a broadband connection, we switched to using an EVDO
> > card (Aircard for Mobile BroadBand) from are wireless carrier who does
> > not provide SMTP mail server capability. Our incoming mail (POP3) has
> > always been hosted by our webhost based on our domains
> > (CompanyNameA.com;CompanyNameB.com).
> >
> > What are our options to send email..such as setting up a free gmail
> > account, etc??? We do have a Static IP nor can we get one, and do not
> > know if that would help our options anyway.
> >
> > Thanks

0
melickas (26)
1/23/2007 10:25:03 PM
Without getting a Static IP from the EVDO provider you are going to be best
off just having Network Solutions host your SMTP mail and have Outlook
Clients POP it from them for each domain.  To have Exchange host your SMTP
domains you are going to need a Static IP.  Again, I would contact them to
see if they support this scenario with Exchange Server and can provide you
with a Static IP, otherwise this is not going to work.

BTW: Have you looked at Direcway or Satellite provider?  They can provide
Static IP and this scenario with Exchange Server.

--

> We understand what you are saying but rather than get into pros/cons of
> our situation I would rather find a resolution. Our wireless carrier
> does not offer SMTP service--they are not a typical ISP per se, they
> just get us online and that's it...and it is an "always on" connection
> because we have EVDO router.
>
> We have a small network and share the same email hosting company with
> Network Solutions. Network Solutions does have an SMTP server for our
> email;however, within our network we have to support email for more
> than one email domain:Companyname1.com, Companyname2.com &
> Companyname3.com. So we used the same SMTP outgoing server from
> Earthlink.
>
> With Network Solutions, we have an SMTP Capability for each email
> domain mail.companyname1.com, etc...So, if we were just using Outlook
> without Exchange Server, we could use them to send email.
>
> So, can we create a separate SMTP connector for EACH email domain and
> link it to each domain, respectively? For example SMTP connector1 is
> for sending email that is for Companyname1.com
>
> Or, does someone know of a service, either free or not, such as gmail
> or www.authsmtp.com that can be used for all of our email domains?
>
> Thanks again...
>

> John Oliver, Jr. [MVP] wrote:
>> Wow, setting up Exchange using EVDO network as your broadband connection
>> is
>> iffy at best.  Have you called the Wireless provider to see if they
>> support
>> this?
>>
>> --
>> John Oliver, Jr
>> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
>> Exchange MVP 2007
>> Microsoft Certified Partner
>>
>> <melickas@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > We have Exch2000. We used to use Earthlink as our dial-up ISP and
>> > configured the SMTP connector to "Forward all mail through this
>> > connector to the following smart host: with the Earthlink SMTP info as:
>> > smtpauth.earthlink.net
>> >
>> > In order to get a broadband connection, we switched to using an EVDO
>> > card (Aircard for Mobile BroadBand) from are wireless carrier who does
>> > not provide SMTP mail server capability. Our incoming mail (POP3) has
>> > always been hosted by our webhost based on our domains
>> > (CompanyNameA.com;CompanyNameB.com).
>> >
>> > What are our options to send email..such as setting up a free gmail
>> > account, etc??? We do have a Static IP nor can we get one, and do not
>> > know if that would help our options anyway.
>> >
>> > Thanks

0
jcoliverjr (1013)
1/24/2007 4:06:05 PM
> Or, does someone know of a service, either free or not, such as gmail
> or www.authsmtp.comthat can be used for all of our email domains?

Why not just use www.authsmtp.com for your mail - we use it with
multiple domains - no problems!

John.

Thanks..authsmtp.com was plan B. Have also heard of using a free gmail
account for multiple domains too -did you check into this?

On Jan 24, 11:59 am, john.engl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Or, does someone know of a service, either free or not, such as gmail
> > orwww.authsmtp.comthatcan be used for all of our email domains?Why not just usewww.authsmtp.comfor your mail - we use it with
> multiple domains - no problems!
>
> John.

0
melickas (26)
1/24/2007 5:42:01 PM
Had a quick look - think there are hourly / daily message limits and
could not see any way to enable a whole domain - so we went with
www.authsmtp.com - it may not be *free* but it's not expensive and has
a load of extra features. Hope it helps...

On Jan 24, 5:42 pm, melic...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Thanks..authsmtp.com was plan B. Have also heard of using a free gmail
> account for multiple domains too -did you check into this?

Can we use WINCE 6.0 R2 or R3 to build Windows Phone OS Image??
Hi, Can we use WINCE 6.0 R2 or R3 platform builder to build Windows Phone OS Image?? If yes Which option I need to select while building the OS Image?? Since the Windows Phone 7 core is Windoes CE 6.0.I am curious to know whether Windows Phone 7 OS Image can be built using Platform builder. TIA, Nithin On 29 June, 10:29, Nithin <nithin.papd...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Can we use WINCE 6.0 R2 or R3 platform builder to build Windows Phone > OS Image?? > > If yes Which option I need to select while building the OS Image?? > > Since the Win...

Reply emails are blank?
We are using Exchange 2003 SP1, not sure what version the other party is using but it is some version of Exchange. Problem: the remote user sends one of my users an email. My user replies to it, but when the remote user receives it the message body is blank. My user can send a new email message (not replying to one) to the remote user and everything comes over fine. The remote user is using email stationary. I have had her change her email format to plain text, but it still sends as HTML. Does stationary force HTML? I haven't had a chance to have her stop using the stationary...

Use Copied Outlook PST file as default...How?
If I copy a PST file on my PC, how can I configure my Laptop Outlook to use that copied file as its default. Is it possible to copy new Defined Views in Contacts from one computer to another. Dmahanay <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If I copy a PST file on my PC, how can I configure my > Laptop Outlook to use that copied file as its default. Outlook version? > Is it possible to copy new Defined Views in Contacts from > one computer to another. I think views are registry items and not kept in the PST. -- Brian Tillman My outlook version is 2002. >--...

Send an email until all steps done
To complete an order, I need to code the following steps one by one. 1) update order table, tOrder 2) update customer order history table, tCustomer 3) update shipment table, tShip 4) send an confirfation email The problem is sometime due to unknown reason, after step 2), program can not finish step 3) and 4). Since tOrder and tCustomer table was updated, how to back to their data before update? -- Message posted via DotNetMonster.com http://www.dotnetmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/asp-net/201002/1 On Feb 3, 3:05=A0pm, "aspfun via DotNetMonster.com" <u53138@uw...

can I add a link in Publisher to display, "join our email list"?
I am creating a fairly simply website and need to add a button for visitors to join our email list. Is this possible in Publisher? Please post your question in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign or http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&lang=en&cr=US Always include the version of Publisher you are using, the URL of your site and as much detail as possible. DavidF "mfreecox" <mfreecox@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Fire a Workflow using a Callout
Hi, I would like to fire a WorkFlow using a callout. I got problems to do that. Can you tell me how I can do that? I tried it like that: CrmService.ExecuteWFProcessRequest wf = new LetterSalutation.CrmService.ExecuteWFProcessRequest(); wf.ProcessId = GetWorkflowProcessId(workflowName, entityContext); myService.Execute(wf); But I get an error: Server was unable to process request. Can you help me? Simon ...

how to route messages using the internet and not the VPN c
Hi, we are currently in the process of evaluating exchange 2003 in the past we used 3rd party POP3 mail servers for each office, so each office also had it's own MX record no problem that way..BUT now we implemented AD and one of the exch2k3 server is the US is holding the Primary dns MX record for the company the same MX record that we want everyone else to use ( i.e someone@company.com ) regardless to which office they are located in. when the mail is being intercepted on the primary mail server, it's routing itself via the AD GC's servers internally on the vpn connection, becasu...

2 Email domains w/2 Act. Dir. Domains - Same Forest
Hello, Scenario: We've had domain1.com (AD) setup and running in exchange 2003 for a year now w/mixed win2k and win2k3 servers - email domain name is the same, domain1. OWA works great and haven't had any problems. Our company is branching out into a new business segment and I've created a new active dir. domain within the same forest, domain2.local. It is NOT a child domain, but does sit under the same forest. I need to configure my front end/back end exchange 2003 boxes to do the following: -receive email for both email domains (domain1.com and domain2.com) -let users...

Outlook will not send my email any more
Outlook will only receive email, it has stopped sending. initially it was having an smtp error, now it is not even attempting to send the email. On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 15:33:02 -0800, jared wrote: > Outlook will only receive email, it has stopped sending. initially it was > having an smtp error, now it is not even attempting to send the email. What version of Outlook? Do you get any error messages when you try to send? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights Hi Jeff... It is Outlook 2000 SP-3. The...

Outlook Connector Hangs or Chugs While Sending Mail
Just started running Outlook 2007 w/ Outlook Connector. Everything (I guess) "works", but whenever I send mail, Outlook hangs anywhere from 30 secs to a few minutes. And some of the time it slows down WinXP so much that I can't do anything until the mail is sent. Have tried disabling virus scan, firewall, and Windows Search. Very annoying and frustrating! Almost ready to switch from Live Mail because of this. Brian G;111299 Wrote: > Just started running Outlook 2007 w/ Outlook Connector. Everything (I > guess) > "works", but whenever I send ...

Free Quantities Using Extended Pricing
Hi, I would like to know if there is a way to enter a promotion using the Extended Pricing as "buy 5 get 1 free", all what I figured that you can build "buy 1 get 1 free" but my customer case is making it in layers each 5 Units with one free. How can I build that? Thanks in advance, ...

can't associate .pps with email attachment vista
-- marianne dagher You need to make the explanation / question a little clearer and please don't just use the subject area, the big message area just down a bit is easier to read!. "mariane" <mariane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB4464FA-51BA-473C-9E5A-9013262D9EC0@microsoft.com... > > -- > marianne dagher > > __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus > signature database 4849 (20100208) __________ > > The message was checked by ESET Smart Security. > > http://www.eset.com ...

can't send Entourage mail
5/4 List members: Today when I tried to send several messages using Entourage I received the error message "This message does not conform to RFC2822 Standard". The messages are still sitting in the Outgoing box. This has never happened to me before. I'd appreciate any insights into why this might be happening. I've verified the Microsoft Office 2004 database - no change. I'm working on a MacPro Intel Mac. Thank you in advance for any help. Sincerely, Mark Pavlick Hi Mark: It means the system does not like the Header of the message. Chances are, ...

Send a personal email to a group of people
I am using the trial version of Send Personally (http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/send_personally/) with Outlook. Is there a freeware alternatiev for this? Thanks Mail merge with Word can send personal messages to several selected contacts. Z -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "��" <news@kidsnews.au.org> wrote in message news:41610591$0$118$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... >I am using the trial version of Send Personally &...

eMail Receive in CRM
Hello, I have installed CRM 3.0 Server and on the Exchange Server the CRM Exchange eMail Router. I can send eMails to external adresses but the answer of this mails is not imported into CRM. I have checked many settings but i found nothing... Any ideas? greetings, Stefan ...

what causes the recently used file list option to be unavailable .
Tools / Options / Recently used file list is greyed out - How do I correct this ? John You don't say which version so try searching the knowledge base http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx With a search string of MRU Disabled in Excel -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "JohnPrice" <JohnPrice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECA43906-EC33-4B92-8580-39923E449B9C@microsoft.com... > Tools / Options / Recently used file list is greyed out - How do I correct > this ? Hi! So...

send as another user
i gave one user right to access another user mailbox and enable "send on behalf" of him/her in exchange. back in outlook, when the user highlight the other user inbox and click on send...it still say his send from his name instead of the other user name? am i doing someting wrong? if so, can someone tell me how to make this thing work? thx in advance. "send on behalf" is NOT "send as" theyre 2 totally different things. send as is given via ADUC "vincentnyc" <vincentnyc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2A6FD12-5080-47...

How to remove contacts when email changes
Outlook 2003 If I receive an email from a sender not on my list, that sender's email address is not automatically added to my contacts but will appear on the automated list when I enter the first letter of the sender's email address. If that sender changes email address I cannot delete the old email address. Instead I am left with two email addresses for that sender both of which will appear on the automated list. How can I remove the old email address? You seem to be confused. Receiving an email does not add an address anywhere in Outlook. Sending an email might, a...

Email from Outlook using SharePoint
I have been able to sync a SharePoint library to my Outlook account. i can't seem to able to attach more than one SharePoint file to an email. Is this a system limitation or am I miossing something. ...

How to setup Automatic Send/Receive time interval ?
I once knew where to click to set the time interval for auto send/ receive. Where do I click in Outlook 2003 to be able to set the automatic send/ receive time interval? Thanks for any help. Mel <MyEmailList@gmail.com> wrote: > I once knew where to click to set the time interval for auto send/ > receive. > > Where do I click in Outlook 2003 to be able to set the automatic send/ > receive time interval? While viewing a mail folder, press ALT-CTRL-S -- Brian Tillman On Jul 9, 2:57 pm, "Brian Tillman" <tillman1...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Mel <MyEmai...

Using Queries in Excel
What are the best practices for using database-like queries in Excel. Let's say you wish to join to sheets together och view a subset of columns in a third sheet. I've tried several different methods, but I dont think any of them are completely good. I've used VLookup, Index, MS Query. (MS Query must be the must forgotten MS product in history. It's like a time machine back to Windows 3.11) I've also tried alot of different methods for searching a range, based on more than one criteria, and display the result, either a single value or a sum based on several rows. Here i&#...

Using tables created in 2003 IN 2007
My office has recently upgraded to 2007. I enjoy new features such as the ability to highlight a few words within the table without the ENTIRE table's font changing; unfortunately, this only works in tables I have created since the upgrade. My old tables that were brought over from 2003 do not have this capability. Is there an add-on out there? I do not have to resort to re-typing and creating all new tables. PS. Copy and pasting into a new table does not work. Convertting the file using the office button does not work. Help? please? I think you talking about what is called...

Stationery in email as attachment
Please help. Whenever I try to send an email using stationery, the mail goes thru as a jpeg attachment and there is no stationery visible. I have gone thru email options, setting html and choosing send pictures with email. . . nothing seems to work. Can you assist? Thank you. Hi Carol, Does this problem happen with email sent to just a few people, or everyone? Mail received by a non-HTML client will receive the background as an attachment that appears in the middle of your message. For more information on , please refer to Knowledge Base article 195468.KB.EN-US OL2000: Working wi...

CRM Email delivery not working
1. I have CRM 3.0 on an SBS2003 box. 2. I have an account support with an email address of support@mydomain.com 3. I have created a CRM support account with the name techsupport and email of techsupport@mydomain.com I have applied the custom attribute CrmMailEnabled to the Exhange advanced settings, and disabled the user in AD 4. I have created a queue called Email Support with the email address in 3. above. 5. I have run the Exhange Rules Wizard supplied with CRM and chosen the CRM mailbox to be the user/email in 1. above, and run the rule on the Queue created in 4. above. 6. No ma...

Prompting for Username and Password
Hi, I am currently investigating a move from GroupWise to Outook 2003 & Exchange. I have noticed a major security issue that I hope can be sorted. I am rolling out a Single Profile .PRF to all users, Outlook 2003 in Cached Exchange Mode connecting to an Exchange 2003 Server. I have noticed that when you load Outlook with the option "Always Prompt for a user name and password" that cached mail loads up in the background regardless of wether you have authenticated to the exchange server or not. This is a pretty major security risk ! With GroupWise, you can also run in Cach...