Sending email not using Global Address List?

I want to be able to send email for a specific user in the Global Address
list using an SMTP address. Everytime we send email to tha person, it goes
directly to his inbox. We would like for this message to go to the .com
address, not the X.400. How can I accomplish this? Thank you.

Keith
0
KeithC (17)

You are going to have to give us a bit more detail for us to understand what
it is you are trying to do.  What version of exchange?  How is it set up?
Do you have SMTP addresses for everyone? Is the SMTP address the default
address, or the X.400?  What app are you sending from?  etc...

"Keith C" <KeithC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to be able to send email for a specific user in the Global Address
> list using an SMTP address. Everytime we send email to tha person, it goes
> directly to his inbox. We would like for this message to go to the .com
> address, not the X.400. How can I accomplish this? Thank you.
>
> Keith

0
tfelts1 (344)
3/21/2005 3:55:38 PM

"Tom Felts" wrote:

> You are going to have to give us a bit more detail for us to understand what
> it is you are trying to do.  What version of exchange?  How is it set up?
> Do you have SMTP addresses for everyone? Is the SMTP address the default
> address, or the X.400?  What app are you sending from?  etc...
>

> "Keith C" <KeithC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I want to be able to send email for a specific user in the Global Address
> > list using an SMTP address. Everytime we send email to tha person, it goes
> > directly to his inbox. We would like for this message to go to the .com
> > address, not the X.400. How can I accomplish this? Thank you.
> >
> > Keith
>

> We are running Exchange 5.5 - I believe SMTP is the default, where do I set default? We are using Outlook as our mail client.  Thank you.
0
KeithC (17)
3/21/2005 4:35:11 PM

"Tom Felts" wrote:

> You are going to have to give us a bit more detail for us to understand what
> it is you are trying to do.  What version of exchange?  How is it set up?
> Do you have SMTP addresses for everyone? Is the SMTP address the default
> address, or the X.400?  What app are you sending from?  etc...
>

> Also, everyone does have SMTP addresses, sorry.
>
> "Keith C" <KeithC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I want to be able to send email for a specific user in the Global Address
> > list using an SMTP address. Everytime we send email to tha person, it goes
> > directly to his inbox. We would like for this message to go to the .com
> > address, not the X.400. How can I accomplish this? Thank you.
> >
> > Keith

0
KeithC (17)

Using Relative path for XML data file?