We're using MS Exchange Server at the office.

We have around 150 e-mail accounts set up.

Some of our users are sending enourmous attachement (~100 Mega) and
sometimes to 50 different addresses.

During the day this is chewing up all our bandwith.

What we would like to know if it's possible in Exchange
to define that sort of rule :

- Send e-mails with an attachment bigger than 8 M�g only after 20h00 ? (so
they don't chew up the bandwith during the day as this has an impact on our
FTP transmission module and our client server applications)

Or maybe an add-on ?

Any suggestions ?

Obviously talking to our users is like talking to a wall, they won't bloody
listen! ;-)

Any inputs would be appreaciated!

Just curious, who are they sending a 100MB attachment to=20
that will accept it.  Have you considered having them post=20
the file to a public FTP Server and send people a link so=20
you use someone elses bandwidth, instead of yours.

If they send 100MB to 50 different email domain that's 5GB=20
of traffic, which would take 7.2 hours to send over an=20
empty T1 Connection.

Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

has an impact on our
>FTP transmission module and our client server=20
applications)

>Or maybe an add-on ?
>
>Any suggestions ?
>
>Obviously talking to our users is like talking to a wall,=20
they won't bloody
>listen! ;-)
>
>Any inputs would be appreaciated!
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)

Reporting from Project Server

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties

MS POS = RMS? Also, SQL Connectivity...

Over Time Pay rate 1.51?

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Contacts in Exchange #2

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

outlook 2007 e-mail

Terminal Server and GP Settings
Not being a Windows Terminal Server expert by any definition, I have a question for somebody who is. When wanting to have a user profile to store individual dex.ini files, my understanding is that each user would have his own Windows folder under their user folder. Additionally, if you typed SET at a command prompt, the settings for WINDIR would point to that user-specific Windows folder. Is this thinking correct? -- Charles Allen, MVP I think you also have to make certain that the dex.ini does NOT exist in the program install location for GP or it will still look to that. Dwight...

Are Exchange 2003 OWA Backups necessary

OE autodelete OLD mail

Problem sending encrypted email in OLXP