Sender ID sp2

Hello all

I recently isntalled sp2 and I have enabled sender id in reject mode. I now
see some NDR messages that say

Subject: Kirschners So Cal January
Sent: 10/27/2005 11:14 AM

  Tom Delay on 10/27/2005 11:12 AM
contact your system administrator.
  <bbserver.mydomain.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Sender ID (PRA) Not Permitted>

Tom Delay is a user on my server. What is this message telling me?
0
Skip1 (502)

Difficult to answer but here are some questions based on the NDR.

* Did the configure[1] sender id before activating on your SMTP virtual
server(s)?

* Who was the originator of the message? (internal or external address)

* If internal, was the message submitted using Outlook connected via the
Exchange transport or via mail client accessing Exchange via POP3/IMAP/SMTP?

/neo

[1] add perimeter and internal IP addresses

"skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello all
>
> I recently isntalled sp2 and I have enabled sender id in reject mode. I
> now
> see some NDR messages that say

neo7948 (622)
10/27/2005 9:28:57 PM
The originator of the message was from outside the network. I have specified
the entire internal subnet in the sender ID i.e 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0.
This includes all servers and workstations on the network.

What do you think?

"neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:

> Difficult to answer but here are some questions based on the NDR.
>
> * Did the configure[1] sender id before activating on your SMTP virtual
> server(s)?
>
> * Who was the originator of the message? (internal or external address)
>
> * If internal, was the message submitted using Outlook connected via the
> Exchange transport or via mail client accessing Exchange via POP3/IMAP/SMTP?
>
> /neo
>
> [1] add perimeter and internal IP addresses
>
> "skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello all
> >
> > I recently isntalled sp2 and I have enabled sender id in reject mode. I
> > now
> > see some NDR messages that say
> >
> > Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

10/27/2005 9:49:06 PM
Without knowing the sender's email address I can only fathom a guess is that
exchange looked up the SPF record based on the email address and found that
it didn't contain the IP address of the box trying to deliver said message.
(and to answer, yes, I can see this happening with 2 internal users and one
is connecting via POP3/IMAP/SMTP rather than using the Exchange transport.)

> The originator of the message was from outside the network. I have
> specified
> the entire internal subnet in the sender ID i.e 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0.
> This includes all servers and workstations on the network.
>
> What do you think?
>
> "neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Difficult to answer but here are some questions based on the NDR.
>>
>> * Did the configure[1] sender id before activating on your SMTP virtual
>> server(s)?
>>
>> * Who was the originator of the message? (internal or external address)
>>
>> * If internal, was the message submitted using Outlook connected via the
>> Exchange transport or via mail client accessing Exchange via
>> POP3/IMAP/SMTP?
>>
>> /neo
>>
>> [1] add perimeter and internal IP addresses
>>
>> "skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello all
>> >
>> > I recently isntalled sp2 and I have enabled sender id in reject mode. I
>> > now
>> > see some NDR messages that say
>> >
>> > Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Event ID: 7004
This is an SMTP protocol error log vor virtual server ID 1,.....The remot host "66....", responded to the SMTP command "xexch50" with "504 Need to authenticate first ". The full command sent was "XEXCH50 984 2 ". I recently posted this under Event ID: 7200, but that was a mistake. In any case, I recieve this error message 10-15 times an hour. I've seen this error message referenced in other threads, but I still can't tell where the "XEXCH50 984 2" command is being sent from. If it is coming from my end, then there may be an issue t...

PC-Charge and Multiple Merchant ID's
My bank would like to set up multiple Merchant ID's based on CC Type. It's possible using PC-Charge's UI but, is that possible in RMS? I think the only way oyu could accomplish that is to use PCCharge as a standalone app rather than having it integrate with RMS. RMS is only going to ba aware one Merchant Account per register, so I don't think there's going to be a way to assign the account based on tender type when it makes it's call to PC Charge. Also, you would need additional licenses to add merchant accounts in PC Charge. On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 14:27:0...

event ID 9234
I have a strange event ID I've been unable to find any information on: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: RFR Interface Event ID: 9234 Date: 11/19/2004 Time: 8:20:49 AM User: N/A Computer: BCCEX0101 Description: Referral Interface was not able to find an msExchExchangeServer object with legacyExchangeDN '/o=Collier County Gov./ou=ITDOMAIN/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=CWW1' in the Active Directory. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. Why this concerns me is because 'CWW1' is the name of our old...

Finding message from message ID
Hi, Win2000 server, Exch2000 both with latest patches. I am getting Event ID 1101 every night during defrag. Text: Error 0x8004010f occurred on message 1-20CEE4 during a background cleanup on database "Main\Mailbox Store (BOND)". Looking at the relevant KBs this appears to be a missing attachment or similar, and could be cleared up using ISINTEG. However it is only one message and it isn't causing a problem, I'm not keen to run ISINTEG which carries some (albeit small) risk to the DB and could take several hours to run. Is there a way of determining which message carries...

auto-incrementing the next fixed asset ID
Hello: Does anyone have code to auto-increment the next Asset ID in GP 10.0 Fixed Asset Management? childofthe1980s Hi Child, grrr, I feel your pain. The way I have done it is with VBA. I put a button on the form to get the next ID number. I stored the last ID number in the DUOS table and then retrieve and increment it. My client sometimes wants to assign their own, hence the button. Kind regards, Leslie "childofthe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > Does anyone have code to auto-increment the next Asset ID in GP 10.0 Fixed > Asset Management? ...

outlook 2002 default sender
I just changed from outlook express to outlook. When I want to create a new mail message, the message has a "from" line above the "to" line. I don't want to type my sender name in each time. How do I make my email the default :from" email? kkemp <kkemp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just changed from outlook express to outlook. When I want to create > a new mail message, the message has a "from" line above the "to" > line. I don't want to type my sender name in each time. How do I make > my email the default >...

Exchange System Manager, Error ID: c0072afc
I have just installed Windows 2003 SBS with Exchange. I've made some settings for the domain controller and active directory. Now I'm a bit stuck because of the following problem: Every time when I open the Exchange System Manager, expand Folder and click Publick Folders. I get a critical error with following information: ---- The requested name is valid, bu data of the requested type was found. Facility: Win32 ID no: c0072afc Exchange System Manager ---- (end of the error message) I get the same error message when I try to check properties of the same folder (Public Folder). T...

exchange 2003 sp2
Hi folks - Server storage (not .pst). Is there a max limit on mailbox size, or is there a point where a X sized mailbox becomes unusable - client is outlook 2003? I realize restore time, physical storage limits, ... but is there a point where a mailbox will just start acting flakey? thanks all. Kevin Well, is the client in Cached Mode? If so, this would make a difference on performance on the local machine. If not, then you are only limited by the resources and pipe on your server/network in Online Mode. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2010 Mi...

rpc over internet doesnt work after upgrading to exchange sp2
i have sbs 2003. One exchange server that has been doing rpc for close to a year now. I upgraded to Exchange service pack 2, my boss decided to buy a pocket pc phone without telling me. Since then, my outside users cant connect. The login screen keeps coming up over and over. I look at the details on the virtual directory and they seem to be ok. Any idea's? In news:1160055951.213226.153630@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, mgworek <mgworek@voicetechinc.com> typed: > i have sbs 2003. One exchange server that has been doing rpc for close > to a year now. > > I upgraded to ...

Windows Mail stripping attachments from one sender only
Hopefully someone out there can help me. Windows mail running on Vista and the darn program keeps removing attachments from one sender only. It must have something to do with the settings in the account section because I can forward from the internet (before downloading into WM) to my gmail account and WM will download attachments. This has me baffled, anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance Antivirus software blocking attachments from that sender . . . . . . try turning off its email scanning. "Bob_45" <Bob_45@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

SBS2008 SP2
I don't have any SBS2008 installs, but am getting ready to do one. should I install SBS2008 (thats what my media is) then do SP2, or get new DVDs and just start out with SP2? Apparently there aren't any issuses with SP2, I have not found anyone complaining. But then I've been out of the loop lately. Thanks You shouldn't have any trouble either way, but it's quicker to start out with SP2 media in the first instance if you can "Joe#2" wrote: > I don't have any SBS2008 installs, but am getting ready to do one. > > should I i...

Responsible ID
Dears, How can we add ResponsibleID (Case Initiator field) in Logical User list in CRM 3.0 Look up Records, "In fact I would like to use Responsible ID in the CRM Email Notification" as whenever engineer resolved the case the case initiator should get informed as his case has been resolved..." Kindly Advice. Your early response will be much appriciated. Regars, Syed ...

Sender iD and 905214 hot fix
Hello all If im runnign windows 2003 sp1 and exchange 2003 sp2 do i still need to install the hotfix? Thanks You do if you are going to implement SenderID checking. If you are not going to implement this filter, then the hotfix is not needed. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A03790B6-E27B-4DA5-B7F5-B3ADDE789E0C@microsoft.com... > Hello all > > If im runnign windows 2003 sp1 and exchange 2003 sp2 do i still need to > install the hotfix? > > Thanks Thanks but when i read the KB ab...

sp2 for exchange 2003
Hi there, I just installed sp2 for exchange2003 on my exchnage 2003. The problem that I have is my exchange doesnt not seem to receive any mail from Hotmail account, (why ??) which it could prior to updating sp2. I then went to \\exchange\mailroot\vsi 1\UceArchive\ folder, I saw heaps of hotmail account sitting there. Is there anyway that i could allow legimit account from hotmail ?? is hotmail considered to be Spam from IMF2 ??? THanks "hh" <hh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I just installed sp2 for exchange2003 on my exchnage 2003. The problem that >I have ...

Transport Delivering
I just started to get the following information messages in my application log of my Exchange 2003 SP2 with Windows 2003 SP1. All messages appear to be spam related in nature. Is this something I should be concerned about? Event Type: Information Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: Transport Delivering Event ID: 2094 Date: 4/14/2007 Time: 2:55:05 PM User: N/A Computer: XXXXXXX Description: The length of the Internet Message ID for this message is greater than that which duplicate detection can handle. The message was discarded. Please set the registry value ...

Project Accounting PO Edits create blank batch ID
GP v7.5 When we edit(close) a Project Accounting PO which has been partially invoiced, a journal is produced in financials, as expected.( though not needed ) The issue is that the journal is always put into a batch with a blank ID, which can't be posted or deleted. ( I need to delete the transaction, which I can do through 'jounal entry', but I can't delete the batch ID Is there a setup option which is causing this problem. ...

Need help with formatting an ID field
Access 2003 Field is "dispatch_id' and is a text field There is also a field called "dispatch_date" in the same table So I need the value assigned to the dispatch_id (when the record is created from a form) to be something like this: 03011086 Where the first 6 characters are the date of the dispatch and the last character (but could be more the 1 character) is the number of that dispatch for that date. So in my example the dispatch_id was the 6th record created "FOR" the dispatch date of March 11,2008 I think I need to do this as code on the data entry fo...

Excel 2007 SP2 Bug?
The following procedure causes Excel to hang. We have tested on XP and Windows 7 (x32 and x64) machines. It does it with SP1 or SP2: 1. Open Excel and select Format\Protect Sheet 2. Select Locked Cells, Select Unlocked Cells, Insert Hyperlinks 3 While protected, right click on the icon in the upper left corner next to the A and above the 1 (the select all button... but you have to right click on it). This will cause Excel to hang. Any suggestions... seems like a bug. Hm, I tested this on E2003 and all is fine but as you say on E2007 the application locks up with the...

Problem printing with sender info, subject and attachments
When I print e-mails that I have written, it does not print : "To: Cc: Subject: Attachment: When I receive e-mail from other people, the e-mail contains this information. I am keeping a printed log of all emails correspondence. Is this a setting problem? Can I print my e-mails so this information is included? Hi, you have to convert your mails from HTML to RTF or only TEXT -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Glenn Mitchell" <anonymous@discussions.microso...

AfxDaoInit fails on Win XP SP2
Hi, after deinstalling some test applications and then installing the Win XP SP2 a call to AfxDaoInit() fails with a CDaoException. This usually means that the Jet is missing. Windows however reports that the Jet is now part of the system so its not possible to install the latest Microsoft Jet 4.0 SP as well. Any idea how to check the presence of the Jet and solve the issue? Thank you for your time and help. Regards Thomas Trick ...

Event ID: 9667 getting this after applying Service Pack 2
Environment is Exchange 2003 SP2 and Windows 2003 enterprise server with SP1. I cannot find any information on this error no where. Source: MSExchangeIS event ID: 9667 description: Failed to create a new named property for database "Storage Group" because the number of named properties reached the quota limit (8192). User attempting to create the named property: "SYSTEM" Named property GUID: 00020386-0000-0000-c000-000000000046 Named property name/id: "X-Bronchi" ...

Exchange 2003 SP2 not sending QUIT at end of communication
I have applied SP2 to Exchange 2003 on SBS Premium w/SP1 (without Isa2004) The server is communicating with servers to send email, however there is an issue whereby randomly (same servers included) the server at the end of sending an email does not appear to end the communication with a . and quit. The server appears to send the data. The SMTP log example as follows. 2005-12-12 22:36:50 203.35.xxx.xxx OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 SERVER - 25 - - 220+xxxxx.xxxxx.com.au+ESMTP+Smtpd;+Mon,+12+Dec+2005+22:35:46+GMT 0 0 66 0 78 SMTP - - - - 2005-12-12 22:36:50 203.35.xxx.xxx Outbound...

Control ID questron
Hi all: I'm creating an edit control on the fly, to implement in-place editing on a CListCtrl, and I was wondering wether I need to define an ID for it in resource.h or I can use whatever value I choose safely. The CEdit::Create reference has this example, where they use '1' as the ID: void CMyView::OnInitialUpdate() { CView::OnInitialUpdate(); // dynamically create an edit control on the view CEdit* pEdit = new CEdit; pEdit->Create(ES_MULTILINE | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP | WS_BORDER, CRect(10, 10, 100, 100), this, 1); } I don't usually create...

block sender list
Can you block a sender in outlook 2002 like the block sender list in outlookexpress No, Outlook needs to download the mail to have rules run. However, having said that, and not knowing your version, SINCE YOU DID NOT POST IT, you can have Outlook permanently delete mail using Rules Wizard. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, scott asked: | Can you block a sender in outlook 2002 li...

Outlook 2002 SP2 - New acct
Need input understanding why when I try to configure Outlook with an MSN web account (Microsoft knowledge base article -287604) the HTTP server option is not available. Is there a setting a can change so this option becomes available? Do the other account type settings show? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com ask...