Sender filtering questioning

1.) Is there anyway to seperate the "Message with Blank Sender" and the
senders manually defined into different folders, When the "Archives Filtered
Messages" is enabled?
Its kind of tough the search through 1000's of emails to find out if 1
person in the list has send email.

2.) Also in the bad mail directory why is 3 files created for 1 bad email,
this is a space hog, Also is there anyway to stop the collection of bad
emails?

thanks,
Chris

DEL *.*

Schedule a job to do it.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Chris Miller" <cmiller@everestre.com> wrote in message
> 1.) Is there anyway to seperate the "Message with Blank Sender" and the
> senders manually defined into different folders, When the "Archives
Filtered
> Messages" is enabled?
> Its kind of tough the search through 1000's of emails to find out if 1
> person in the list has send email.
>
> 2.) Also in the bad mail directory why is 3 files created for 1 bad email,
> this is a space hog, Also is there anyway to stop the collection of bad
> emails?
>
> thanks,
> Chris

0
curspice1 (113)

Money 06 Budget issues and questions... I'm new and lost here.
I've been trying to set up the budget features of Money '06 using the Advanced budget. I started using Money 06 this month with a new data file, and downloaded transactions from my FIs back to the first of the year. I've been seeing weird issues... For my mortgage payment... it's set up as a recurring bill that happens monthly on the 5th of each month. However, in the budget for Feb. it shows that there's nothing budgeted for it (and thus, I'm over budget). For March, the budgeted amount for mortgage is double. I have a weekly expense on Sunday... February&...

CTooltipCtrl on disabled control question
Hi, I am using CTooltipCtrl class to set tooltips to my controls in a dialog. The problem is that if a control is disabled, then the tooltip is not shown. note: I tried to use TTS_ALWAYSTIP when I create the CTooltipCtrl, but it didn't help. Yoav. "Yoavo" <yoav@cimatron.co.il> wrote in message news:%234m1PuVCHHA.1012@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I am using CTooltipCtrl class to set tooltips to my controls in a dialog. > The problem is that if a control is disabled, then the tooltip is not > shown. > > note: I tried to use TTS_ALWAYSTIP when I create th...

Exch 2000->2003, connector migration question
I am planning to migrate from Exch2000 (non cluster) to Exch2003 clustered solution. This is my simplified plan. Please let me know if you have any suggestion: a) Setup Win2003 Ent., cluster boxes. Install Exch2003, configure cluster. b) Move some testing mailboxes from Exch2000 to Exch2003 cluster solution. Install a pre-production OWA 2003 server. c) Upon testing, move other mailboxes to Exch2003 and continue observation before moving all mailboxes. d) Uninstall Exch2000 servers. e) Clean install of Exch2003 in Exch2000 connector boxes. Install Exch2003 on primary SMTP connector. Go to ...

Forwarding from original sender
Does anyone know how to forward a message to an external smtp address so that it looks like it's from the original sender. I'm trying to forward messages to a wireless PDA device and I want them to show the original sender. You could use a custom recipient that has the address of the wireless device as the primary smtp address and an internal address as the secondary smtp address. Any mail coming in will bounce back out to the primart smtp address. If you are using Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003, a mail enabled contact would work the same way. -- Michael Abbaticchio Exchange ...

FRx install question
Hello, FRX 6.7 - The server install has been done. The deployment structure is setup on the server with the appropriate folder structure. Having trouble doing a thin net install from the setup folder on the server. Same with doing it from the cd. The fat client install works fine from the cd. The thin install seems to work fine, but I don't think everything gets installed to the workstation, because in start--programs the link for the FRx executable points to the local workstation folder under "program files" , but the executable is not there. Any suggestions? I...

Recipient filter and Outlook error.
Good day, On our exchange 2003 environment we configured a few groups and normally users send mails to these groups. Since the groups should only receive mails from users that belong to the company (single exchange organisation), we added the groups' email addresses to the recipient filters and enabled this on the SMTP virtual server. The SMTP virtual server is configured to allow anonymous access as it is required for some company purposes. We have about 80 locations and about 3000 users. The problem we have right now is that for locations that are far off, we use POP/SMTP...

Intelligent Message Filter and Outlook
I have not enabled IMF on our server yet because I have a couple of questions. How does a message that is tagged as junk appear to the user in the Outlook Junk Folder? Does it tag it somehow so that the user knows that it has gone through IMF? If the user has not enabled Junk Email scanning on their client and it delivers it to the Inbox, does it say that it's spam? I hope these questions make sense. I have no problem configuring IMF and enabling it but I want to know how it will affect the user before I do anything. Thanks Kathy The message itself doesn't change in any way ex...

Animated GIF as wallpaper question
Is it possible to use an aniamted GIF as wallpaper on an XP system and if so how do set it up? I tryed selecting an animated GIF as wallpaper but XP said it could not find something about an aciv desktop something. TIA One way is to use the Active Desktop. Control Panel > Display Properties > Desktop tab > Customize Desktop button > Web tab and then click the New button to select the gif file. "kraut" <NewsGroupsPlease@NewsGroupsPlease.org> wrote in message news:8ohkj51b48obu0vm06u6dqc5l4dtqg47kg@4ax.com... : : : Is it possible to use an ...

outlook client question #2
Hi all, I am new to CRM 4.0. In CRM 4.0 outlook client, I can track appointment, contact, etc. to MSCRM. However, the appointment's attachments are not uploaded. Is there a possible way to upload or download the attachments when sync with CRM ? Thanks Hi, I know in 3.0 this had to be done manually but I'm not sure if its the same in 4.0. Refer to the following link for more information: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910050 and look under 'Why didn't my attachments synchronize?' HTH, Niths "kei" wrote: > Hi all, > I am new to CRM 4.0. In CR...

MS outlook web access question
Hi MS outlook web access question ************************************** I have MS Outlook Web Access. I can only do plain text emails. I am sure it is the latest version of MS Outlook Web Access as it is from the alarge company. The sys admin/ IT person at this company did not have an answer for me. I do not seem to find an editor to highlight words in yellow, or make certain words in BOLD or change the size of the fonts etc. Is this feature available in MS Ouloook Web Access? and how do I turn it on? Please let me know. Thanks, Ayesha Greene It depends which version of Exchang...

Macro Question #6
I am looking for code to do the following. I want to insert a new line at the end of (Range_1). I then want to take a record from (Range_2) and paste value that in the line I just inserted. I am trying to set this up as a repeatative process. The code that I am using just copys the range and paste it at the end of the last record. This is almost what I want but not exact. Dim RngToCopy As Range Dim NextCell As Range With Worksheets("Database") Set NextCell = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0) End With With Worksheets("Database") Set RngTo...

HELP! How to transfer Block Senders List
Help..... I have been using Outlook Express for a long time, but I haven't yet found a way to transfer a 'Block Senders List' from one PC to another PC. Am I missing any simple way to do this or this cannot be done without re-typing the whole list ... Any suggestions? Okienuah wrote: > Help..... > > I have been using Outlook Express for a long time, but I > haven't yet found a way to transfer a 'Block Senders List' > from one PC to another PC. Am I missing any simple > way to do this or this cannot be done without re-typing > the whole lis...

PWA view with a filter using text10 custom field
Is it possible to use the text10 field in a filter for a PWA view? I understand the text10 field has a field_type_enum value of 21 and that the filter would use the enumeration instead of the string value. How can I find the enumerated value for the values? In other words if on the client side I would filter by the string ADS on the server side in the view I would need to use a number. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Build a Cross-Browser ASP.NET CSS-Only Menu UserControl http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/f32b452c-48ea-4ed8-96ce-d17d1b482676/...

WEEKNUM() Question
The results of WEEKNUM() don't correspond with the calendaring system I want. My first question is simple: How does the WEEKNUM() algorithm work? If I can figure out what it's based on, I can probably match it to the calendar I'm using. It looks like it's anywhere from 1 day off to 2 days off from my calendar, depending on when my week decides to start. The calendar I have starts on Mondays and assigns WEEK-1 to the first week of January with at least 4 days in it. So if WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR,1,1),2) is 5 (Friday) or greater, then the week doesn't start until WEEKDAY() y...

Conditional Formatting Question with 'OR'
Is "OR" operator allowed in Excel conditional formatting? If so is there something wrong with this formula - it does not seem to be working? =OR(TRIM(K3)="PENDING","INACTIVE") Hi, Your using the wrong syntax, this will work as a CF =OR(TRIM(K3)="PENDING",TRIM(K3)="INACTIVE") -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Steve Stad" wrote: > Is "OR" operator allowed in Exc...

Async Web Service Abort Question
We are working in C#/Winforms and are using asynchronous client-side web service calls (the Begin... and End... methods supplied by the web reference creation). Many of these calls are contained in Windows forms that the user can close before the web service call has completed. This seems to be working fine, but I wanted to check to see if anyone has experienced any problem with this. Specifically this is what I need to know: Is it safe to allow a Windows form which contains a non-static web-service callback method to be closed before the web-service has completed and therefore bef...

Hard Formula Question
This is a tough one for me. I'm going to use the actual cell numbers in my spreadsheet for the explanation. In cell C2 I have a name (Tom) In a column running from A24 through A108 I have many different names. In a column running from B24 through B108 I have a number next to the names. For example: Ed 14.4 Tom 16.9 Mary 23 Steve 11 John 19.4 Here is what I want to happen in cell F18: I type in a name into cell C2, (Tom) and I want the corresponding number (16.9) next to the name in my columns to automatically appear in cell F18. Is that possible? Hope I explained it clear...

Scatterplot Question
I have a few points, graphed as a scatterplot and the points are connected by a smooth line. (For example: (0,0), (5, 6), (6, 8), (10, 20).) Since the points are connected by 3 different smooth lines, each line has a different slope/degree. Is there any way to have Excel determine the y-value of a point that is not a plotted point (anything besides x = 0, 5, 6, 10)? For example, based on the smooth line, can I ask Excel to find the y-value of x=1 or x=9? Thank you very much for your help! Visit http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/tips/read_chart_value/index.html Please come back if yo...

XML Schema Question Number 1

Filter non-USA domains using rules in Outlook 2003
Hello! I want to create a set of rules on my wife's computer in Outlook 2003 that will drop any mail coming from foreign domains (.cz, .ng, .ru, .it, .mx, etc) in order to reduce spam. Almost all the spam she gets comes from domains outside the US. I have created a rule in Outlook 2003 and it works well, but inputting nearly 250 domains to drop is a pain. I would like to import a text file of domain suffixes to drop, but I do not know how to do it. Can an import of a text file be done to create or add to a rule? Another annoyance: when I add the "except if sender is in Contacts addr...

Select ALL filter in one fell swoop
Sometimes it is difficult to see all the columns which has a filter applied, is there a convenient way to select the ALL option on a filter for all the filters in the sheet. I do not want to remove the filter only have a handy way of not having the filter applied. there could be up to 6 columns filtered on the sheet at the same time. Choose Data>Filter>Show All Pat wrote: > Sometimes it is difficult to see all the columns which has a filter > applied, is there a convenient way to select the ALL option on a filter for > all the filters in the sheet. I do not want to remov...

SUMPRODUCT Using Unary on Filtered Range
I have a filtered range which l sum using the SUBTOTAL(9, A1:A100 formula. It allows me to sum the filtered range without bringing i the data that is not included in the filtered range. I want to do SUMPRODUCT on this filtered range. Normally I would use the followin SUMPRODUCT(A1:A100, B1:B100). However this will not work on a filtere range. How can I do this in one formula without creating a ne column? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try SUMPRODUCT(A1:A100, B1:B100,SUTOTAL(3,OFFSET($A$1,ROW($A$1:$A$100)-1,0))) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany &...

Copy selected columns from .xls to a .txt file question
I would like to be able to copy two columns from a .xls file, columns 2 (B) and 9(I) into a .txt file for approximately 100 rows, using VBA. What is the best way to do this? Thank you try this Sub Copy_Rows() With Application .DisplayAlerts =3D False .ScreenUpdating =3D False End With FpatH =3D "C:\Documents and Settings\username\filename.xls" Workbooks.Open FpatH FileP =3D ActiveWorkbook.path Range("B1:C100").Copy Workbooks.Add ActiveSheet.Paste ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=3D _ FileP & "\" & "1.txt&...

Question about a Publisher template
I have a question about the "Design Box" newsletter template in Publisher 2002. I'd like to edit the title graphic to suit the seasons. How in the heck dod they create it? When I do a copy and paste I get multi-colored snowflakes. I will need to change the color of whatever graphic I do use but *maybe* there is a simpler way of doing it other than editing each graphic individually. Any help from the Publisher gurus? -- The problem with resting on your laurels is that eventually you are sitting on dead branches. JoAnn ...

IIF statement question
How do I write an IIF statement if I want to exclude rows where there are dates. There are 3 date fields. If one of the date fields is Not Blank then do not print report. If all fields are Null then print report. Would a simple "IsNull" in each field in my query suffice? Seems to me it would take less time to test "Would a simple "IsNull" in each field in my query suffice?" than to post a question. If you can't test this on your own, reply back. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "TotallyConfused" wrote: > How do I write an IIF st...