Sender Filter #4

I have Exchange 2003. I have gotten popped by spam this week. I have made
sure my relay is off by selecting only all except the list below and
unchecking the box for allow all computers that authenticate to relay. I am
about to implement SpamSoap, so that should help, but until I do, I have
several queues with spam. I've tried the aqadmcli tool but it gives me error
messages like No queue or checkbox not on filter. I also see these items in
the queue folder, and when I try to delete them, they always have several
that I can't delete because they are in use. Any suggestions on this tool?
Also, sender filtering would probably help me, but how can I use the address
I see in the queue to block those spam senders? For example, I have one that
says msa.hinet.net. In the messages, the senders can have the domain
ms2@hinet.net or ms45@hinet.net. How can I block these and not have to enter
each domain?
0
MarkR (21)

- To delete messages being retried for delivery, stop the smtp svc first.
- Sender Filter supports wildcards like *@contoso.com

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"Mark R." <MarkR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Exchange 2003. I have gotten popped by spam this week. I have made
> sure my relay is off by selecting only all except the list below and
> unchecking the box for allow all computers that authenticate to relay. I
> am
> about to implement SpamSoap, so that should help, but until I do, I have
> several queues with spam. I've tried the aqadmcli tool but it gives me
> error
> messages like No queue or checkbox not on filter. I also see these items
> in
> the queue folder, and when I try to delete them, they always have several
> that I can't delete because they are in use. Any suggestions on this tool?
> Also, sender filtering would probably help me, but how can I use the
> address
> I see in the queue to block those spam senders? For example, I have one
> that
> says msa.hinet.net. In the messages, the senders can have the domain
> ms2@hinet.net or ms45@hinet.net. How can I block these and not have to
> enter
> each domain?

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
7/28/2006 10:03:18 PM
Ok. I'll stop the service and make the deletes from the queue.

On the wild card character, I mistyped what I meant. I get emails from
domains that look like this: @ms3.hinet.net or @ms5.hinet.net. Is there a way
to wild card something like this to catch all ms(number).hinet.net? Would
*@ms*.hinet.net work?

"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" wrote:

> - To delete messages being retried for delivery, stop the smtp svc first.
> - Sender Filter supports wildcards like *@contoso.com
>
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> "Mark R." <MarkR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have Exchange 2003. I have gotten popped by spam this week. I have made
> > sure my relay is off by selecting only all except the list below and
> > unchecking the box for allow all computers that authenticate to relay. I
> > am
> > about to implement SpamSoap, so that should help, but until I do, I have
> > several queues with spam. I've tried the aqadmcli tool but it gives me
> > error
> > messages like No queue or checkbox not on filter. I also see these items
> > in
> > the queue folder, and when I try to delete them, they always have several
> > that I can't delete because they are in use. Any suggestions on this tool?
> > Also, sender filtering would probably help me, but how can I use the
> > address
> > I see in the queue to block those spam senders? For example, I have one
> > that
> > says msa.hinet.net. In the messages, the senders can have the domain
> > ms2@hinet.net or ms45@hinet.net. How can I block these and not have to
> > enter
> > each domain?

0
MarkR (21)
7/30/2006 8:48:02 PM
*@ms*.hinet.net is not supported but you can do this *@*.hinet.net

cheers,

Alexander Zammit
WinDeveloper Software
IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power
http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/

> Ok. I'll stop the service and make the deletes from the queue.
>
> On the wild card character, I mistyped what I meant. I get emails from
> domains that look like this: @ms3.hinet.net or @ms5.hinet.net. Is there a
> way
> to wild card something like this to catch all ms(number).hinet.net? Would
> *@ms*.hinet.net work?
>
> "Bharat Suneja [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> - To delete messages being retried for delivery, stop the smtp svc first.
>> - Sender Filter supports wildcards like *@contoso.com
>>
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MVP - Exchange
>> www.zenprise.com
>> NEW blog location:
>> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>>

>> "Mark R." <MarkR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have Exchange 2003. I have gotten popped by spam this week. I have
>> >made
>> > sure my relay is off by selecting only all except the list below and
>> > unchecking the box for allow all computers that authenticate to relay.
>> > am
>> > about to implement SpamSoap, so that should help, but until I do, I
>> > have
>> > several queues with spam. I've tried the aqadmcli tool but it gives me
>> > error
>> > messages like No queue or checkbox not on filter. I also see these
>> > items
>> > in
>> > the queue folder, and when I try to delete them, they always have
>> > several
>> > that I can't delete because they are in use. Any suggestions on this
>> > tool?
>> > Also, sender filtering would probably help me, but how can I use the
>> > address
>> > I see in the queue to block those spam senders? For example, I have one
>> > that
>> > says msa.hinet.net. In the messages, the senders can have the domain
>> > ms2@hinet.net or ms45@hinet.net. How can I block these and not have to
>> > enter
>> > each domain?

0
Alexander

Adding columns #4
I have a spreadsheet with values in column E an I want to add them to column F with the first f2=e2.So as I add a value to column E the value in F changes to sum all with the blank cell showing 0. ie Column E2 Column F2 $1000 $1000 $500 $1500 $0 Okay, so in F3, type: =if(isblank(E3),"",F2+E3) ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "bbc1" <bbc1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9664CDDF-CC23-400A-AFCE-A8BA2974297C@microsoft.com... > I have a spreadsheet with values in c...

Cannot install Office 11.4.0
Hello. I upgraded to Leopard two weeks ago. I have been having stability issues with the OS. The Office update runs and finds the update (11.4.0) and tries to download it but it never installs. I manually downloaded the update and tried to run it and still cannot get it to install. Any suggestions? I figured it out. I was running Leopard 10.5.1 and the Mac update had not run. I am now running 10.5.2 and was able to install Office 11.4.0. Thanks. ...

Service Pack 4 #2
GP 9.0 / SQL 2000 We are trying to install SP4 to take us to version 9.0.369 (from 9.0.358) and we keep getting an error message that the company was not updated due to the following errors: Product ID 414 Table name Archive HR_I9 - Physical Name AHROR012 Product ID 414 Table name HR_I9 - Physical Name HRORI012 There is no data in these tables before or after the update (updated on test server - used Fabrikam - all was well - No error messages) I have researched everywhere through customer source, and can not find anything on this. Any Ideas ? You can perhaps force an update ...

CRM 3.0 SBE Upgrade to 4.0 Pro on Separate Server
Hi - What's the path to upgrade in parallel? I'm looking for documentation on upgrading CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition to CRM 4.0 Professional on a different server. I want the users to continue using CRM 3.0 SBE while I test CRM 4.0. Once CRM 4.0 is a-okay, I'll migrate the data and switch the users. Everything I've read so far describes how to upgrade in place: 1 - upgrade SBS SP1 to R2 2 - uninstall CRM 3.0 SBE 3 - updgrade SQL 2000 to 2005 SP2 4 - reinstall CRM 3.0 Roll-up 2 5 - upgrade CRM 3.0 SBE to CRM 4.0 Pro (or whatever edition). What are the steps to upgrade...

Distribution lists #4
I have an inherited Exchange 2000 Server which has a large number of distribution lists. Is there a way to print the members of these lists or extract to a file which could be used to review and indicate changes needed. I am able to print list of users but not their mindividual memberships nor the lists and their member thanks very much for your consideratio bill Here's a script that will get you started; it wouldn't be difficult to modify it further to suit your needs. http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/dumping_group_m.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange...

CR 4.0 Slide Deck
Hi CRM people ! We are busy preparing in Philadelphia to get everyone (that's over 60 callers) up to speed on key campaign messages for the roll out of CRM 4.0. Is there a standardized Slide Deck that I could use to start to train these telemarketers who will be calling on companies throughout the US to generate opportunities that will go directly to the MS Partner channel? Rather than build my own deck - if there is a standard one that I could utilize please let me know or send it to me at: TZimmerman@marketresourcepartners.com Thanks! -- Terrie ZZ I got some material for CRM...

filter #14
I have a filter set on a column but it is not sorting correctly? I have tried deleting and applying again but it is doing the same thing. Hi, missy; Filtering and sorting are two different operations. Sort your column first (there are only two options: ascending or descending), then apply your filter. If this does not answer your question, give us more detail about what you are trying to do. Regards, IanRoy "missy" wrote: > I have a filter set on a column but it is not sorting > correctly? I have tried deleting and applying again but > it is doing the same thing....

Totals reflecting filtered cells only
Hi Under a range of data, I have cells with formulas or calculated totals based on all of the data in that range. When trying to filter on this data, I wish the results of the formulas/totals to change to refelct only the data that has been filtered (the visible cells). Any suggestions? Try the subtotal function: =SUBTOTAL(9,F12:F22) It will total only visible cell Good Luck Mike >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >Under a range of data, I have cells with formulas or calculated totals >based on all of the data in that range. When trying to filter on this >data, I wish...

SUBTOTAL Second Count / sub-count of Filtered Visible Cells
Hi Excel Forum, original ThreadID (http://www.excelforum.com//showthre...threadid=239331) I have tried a Pivot Table as was previously suggested but the result included the Filtered Hidden Rows as well as the Filtered Visible Rows I require only the data of the Filtered Visible Rows. The Filtered dat will be constantly changing and a solution that can be performe on-the-fly would be more suitable. Is there any way of providing a solution using Formula or VBA to coun the individual departments and then count the subset of department within the Filtered Visible Rows to ultimately provide a s...

Auto Word Select #4
Hi, I need to know how i can get a list of words to act as auto selects, so that i dont need to type them constantly across my worksheet. I heard that i need a combo box. i am using excel 2000. Thanks for your help. ...

Advanced Filter to combine multiple entries into one totaled entry
Hi, Im making a Spreadsheet inside excel to track my stock portfolio. What I'm trying to do is make a Database in Excel where I enter all my transactions for example: SYM SHR PRC DIS 100 $24 IBM 200 $86 DIS 100 $26 Then using this the Advanced Filter feature it automatically Sorts out all like symbols Sums the total shares and averages stock price. I have gotten to the point where I enter all the data and have advanced filter sort it out and copy results to my portfolio page but it shows the multiple entries rather than the one totaled entry. I know this would be bett...

CRM 4.0 Rollup1 installation to worstations
Is there any new way of installing Rollup1 to workstations, e.g. using Start - Programs - Microsoft Dynamics 4.0 - Update? Where to configure rollup1 location for autoupdater (update icon points to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Client\ConfigWizard\Microsoft.Crm.Client.AutoUpdate.exe" /ClientType:OutlookDesktop /IncludeOptional) ? One possibility is then use Group Policy to install 78MB packet to everyone. Is the "right" way to install it with command \\server\share\crmupdatewrapper.exe /passive /promptrestart ? Anyone used Group policy or CRM 4.0 update...

Trying again
OK Hopefully this will work. Here is the spreadsheet. The "index is at the top of sheet 1 and I would like to move it to sheet 2. Hope this works and I appreciate your help!!!!!!!!!!!! Keith You can't post a file to these newsgroups. See your other post, anyway - what was asked for was a copy of the working formula to be posted there. Pete On Oct 11, 11:27 pm, Have a nice day! <inva...@email.none> wrote: > OK > > Hopefully this will work. Here is the spreadsheet. The "index is at > the top of sheet 1 and I would like to move it to sheet 2. > > Ho...

Filtering problem
Hi All I've been asking this on lots of forums but noone answers :( I wonder if someone can assist me. I've got an inherited access database which for the most part uses bound forms (about 40 of them) to an access back-end. Database is in continuous use by around 10 clients. I am not very experienced with databases, but with a big pile of books I am learning. We have a need to make some of the data accessible to customers outside, so on the advise of various in the know people I have upsized to an Access Project which will allegedly make things more reliable, and make presenting dat...

Outlook Rules Bug
When using Outlook 2003 Rules and specify to search for words in the Senders address it does not search for words in the Sender field outside of the email address itself. For example.... Bill Gates <billg @ microsoft.com> Outlook can not apply a rule looking for "Bill Gates" in the sender email address. Is this how it should work, I wouldn't think so? Shouldn't it search for any text in the Sender field? ...

posting setup #4
Posting Setup needs a Mark All / Unmark All above the ?, Screen, Printer, File check boxes to facilitate setting these checkboxes. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.ms...

CRM 4 - Workflow - Update Record
Hi, In 4.0 I am doing a workflow that changes a bit field to Yes. (checking on a checkbox.) The problem is that not touching the other checkboxes on the form causes the workflow engine sets them to No, rather than leaving them unchanged, which is what I want. Anyone know how to deal with this? Thanks! Export the Form then Re-import and then recreate the workflow - I had this and I solved by the above procedure. I temporarily chnaged chnaged a couple of the tickboxes to radio buttons so I could see whta the workflow form was going to do. Pete "Dynamics" <Dynamics@dis...

XSD Question #4

CRM 4.0 need new Print Quote to Customer Document
We had a designer modify the Quote to Customer document without saving the original first and now are having problems with it. Can someone tell me where to find the Quote to Customer document on the installation CD or can I get a copy of the document? Also, is it possible to enter the line items of a quote into table format so that long item descriptions word wrap instead of pushing the line onto multiple lines? If so can anyone tell me how to do this? William Quote documents are stored locally on CRM Path, check the web.config where its actually stored, path will mention. Also you ...

Money won't start #4
Hi, When I try to sign in to Money, I get an error saying "The sign-in attempt for (my passport address) was unsuccessful. Please try your sign-in name and password again." The details are correct and my passport is working OK elsewhere and I've tried both backup files too, same error. My Money version is 12.0.0.613 and I'm using XP Pro SP2, fully patched. I recall this happening a while back and it was something to do with MS servers, but I can't recall what it was. Anyone got any ideas what's wrong? Many thanks for any help offered. Le D�rachd -- Andy In mic...

CRM 3.0 to 4.0 Upgrade Error- please help me
Hi! As I can correct these alert, I could not locate them in the data base and not if this can bring future errors to me in the migration I hope can help me Thanks Info| The following stored procedures are not consistent with Crm 3.0 stored procedures: 09:57:29|Warning| remark: added stored procedure 09:57:29|Warning| sprocname: f_getbusinessunit 09:57:29|Warning| 09:57:29|Warning| remark: added stored procedure 09:57:29|Warning| sprocname: f_getfullnamebyid 09...

Is this possible #4
Is there some built-in Exchange server function that can save email attachments to a network folder on a rule basis? i.e., if the incoming email is: from user@domain.com AND has any attachments AND was sent to a distribution list , then save the attachment to theFile server in a specific folder on the network. Thanks I don't know of any way to do this... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1236A90F-21F6-46FD-A674-C2307FBBE777@microsoft.com... > Is there some built-in Exchange server function that can save email &g...

OWA Problems #4
The setup: I have 5 warehouses in the midwest, I have one Exchange server at one of the warehouses, I have some users checking email through IE (don't ask why that is haow it was when I started). The problem: at one of my warehouses, not the one where the Exchange server is located, when a user types in the server adsress to connect to the server( //servername/exchange) it brings up the administrator account, if you put your username in the address bar afte the /exchange it will bring up your Inbox. However, while typing this I found that the admin account had Enable for mailbox option ...

"Insert Copied Cells" dysfunctionality when data is filtered
In Excel 2003 spreadsheet with some hidden columns, I've applied some filtering using Data->Filter->AutoFilter. I tried several approaches to replicating an entire row. Approach#1 ------------------ I selected a row by clicking on the row index number on the left edge. I pressed Ctrl-C to copy the row. In the following row (which is consecutively numbered), I tried right- clicking and doing "Insert Copied Cells". That option was not available. Approach#2 ----------------- I inserted a blank row in the place where I wanted the copied row to be copied. Then selected th...

CRM 4.0 Outlook Install
I installed Outlook in IFD mode. When installing offsite, I get this error "the request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized" with I select the "My Company" option. If I select "An Online Service Provider", I get prompted for credentials, but it works. Is there a way to get this error resolved? I have tried the forcing of NTLM and the NTLMForSQLRSServer registry edit. Any suggestions? Thanks, Tareef I am facing the same issue and no solution yet. Seems that very less people have encountered this issue and have never got any resolution. And it seems m...