Send on Behalf of Distribution List #2

We are currently using Exchange 2003 in a W2k3 Active Directory
environment. I would like to be able to allow a person to send an e-mail on
behalf of a Distribution List. How do I do that? I do not see a Send On
Behalf of property in the DL. The closest thing I've found is the Send As
property in the Security tab, but that doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?

0
ryuken_26 (113)

As far as I know, this is not possible.  You can only do a send on behalf of
another Mailbox.  If you have Send As rights you can put the DL in the From
box, but it will not display the "on behalf of".

"Brett Johnson" <BrettJohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> As far as I know, this is not possible.  You can only do a send on behalf
> of
> another Mailbox.  If you have Send As rights you can put the DL in the
> From
> box, but it will not display the "on behalf of".
>
> "MMC [MCP]" wrote:
>
>> We are currently using Exchange 2003 in a W2k3 Active Directory
>> environment. I would like to be able to allow a person to send an e-mail
>> on
>> behalf of a Distribution List. How do I do that? I do not see a Send On
>> Behalf of property in the DL. The closest thing I've found is the Send As
>> property in the Security tab, but that doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?

Thanks

0
ryuken_26 (113)
7/6/2006 11:56:35 AM
However, a useful trick might be to change the 'have replies sent to' setting
(available on the options page when creating a message) - this seems to work
just fine for me.

"MMC [MCP]" wrote:

> "Brett Johnson" <BrettJohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > As far as I know, this is not possible.  You can only do a send on behalf
> > of
> > another Mailbox.  If you have Send As rights you can put the DL in the
> > From
> > box, but it will not display the "on behalf of".
> >
> > "MMC [MCP]" wrote:
> >
> >> We are currently using Exchange 2003 in a W2k3 Active Directory
> >> environment. I would like to be able to allow a person to send an e-mail
> >> on
> >> behalf of a Distribution List. How do I do that? I do not see a Send On
> >> Behalf of property in the DL. The closest thing I've found is the Send As
> >> property in the Security tab, but that doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?
> >>

> Thanks

What is this? #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C74082.255BD550 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I received this today. I have no idea what it is. Am I spamming? I = receive this kind of e-mail once every 3 months. I do a virus check on = both server and machine. Thanks.=20 Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Cial1s S0ft Tabs is a bestseller Sent: 1/24/2007 12:49 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: olson@somarco-international.com on...

HELP!! #2
Does anyone know how to Synch AIM mail to outlook? ...

IS this possible? #2
Hi there. I have the following in Excel: A B C D 1 hello 1 2 test 0 3 bye 1 4 hi 0 5 bybye 0 6 tjou 2 now on another place in this sheet i want to see all the words under each other where the B value is bigger the 0 so: E F G 1 hello 2 bye 3 tjou So i only want to show th'ose words that have a bigger value. and i don't want whitelines between the words like this ( =IF(B1>0,A1,"") ) E F G 1 hello 2 3 bye 4 5 6 tjou One non-array play .. Use an empty col to the right, say col H Put in...

multiple users send from common email address
Hello, I have several users from support department (exchange 2003). Although they have each his own email address, I would like to let them send email from a common address such as support@company.com from their outlook clients. Really, they could use the "reply to" field, but is there some simpler way? On the other hand, I would like all of them to receive messages at support@company.com address. Is it possible? many thanks in advance. O. Ondrej: To get them all to receive mail at support@yourdomain.com, just create a distribution group in Active Directory Users and Co...

formula change problem #2
The columns that the formula is referencing can change locations on th spreadsheet, if a user inserts a new column. To simplify the questio I put the actual column numbers in the formula but actually I will hav an integer defined that will hold the column number. That integer wil get populated by grabbing the column number from a named cell in tha particular column. I hope I explained that good enough. I was using the offset's in the formulas because that is what I am mos familiar with. Can offset's not be used in formulas? Is there a better way? Thanks -- cparson ---------...

Bank Management #2
Hi all I have a problem with GP version 8. When I am reconciling my CB and after marking I press OK I get an error message. "A remove operation on table CB_Euro_Activity failed because the record could not be locked." and the it does not save my recon. Can anybody help ...

EXE file distribution issue
Hi: I am about to start distributing some software as an attachment to e-mails. All the recipients are happy with his arrangement, but we have run into a snag. For 99% of us OUTLOOK is set to maximum protection, and we don't want to change it. Unfortunately the Setup software I am using creates an EXE file, and outlook wont let any of the recipients even look at it much less open it!. Is there some way that recipients can override the inabilty to open an exe file on an exception basis? Can one create a script to make this easy for them? For example if the exe comes from a specific sourc...

communication failure #2
I am using Exchange 5.5 with sp4. When I send an e-mail to a particular e-mail address it comes back with this error "Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure" When I send it from a hotmail account, it goes through fine. I checked my IMS to see if I had any restrictions on this particular site or e-mail address but there was nothing. Note: when the e-mail comes back it comes from system administrator. When I double click on the system administrator, there is no name or e-mail address. I do not know if it is my system admin or the receiver system admin. Please ...

How can I draw a Parabola in Excel? like y = x^2 + 3
In a1:a10 enter numbers such as 1,2,3.... In b1 type =a1^2+3 copy this down to B10 select a1:b10; click chart wizard; select XY chart done now play with values in A to get what you need best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Max" <Max@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F72AB641-F882-4DAD-B0C3-322297A124FC@microsoft.com... > ...

Physical Inventory question #2
I have a store owner who would like to run a Physical Inventory Sheet that does NOT include items with a qty of 0. I don't see a filter for OnHand <> 0. First, I'd like to see if anybody knows if something like this CAN be done. Secondly, I've suggested (and gave her instructions) on how to take all items that have zero quantities that she no longer wants to sell, and mark them as inactive first, then do a physical inventory based on the filter of Inactive = No. Do others run their physical inventories this way? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance for any...

Comparing 2 works books
I need to do this hopefully without VBA. I have 2 large work books, this months sales data and last months sales data. Each customer has a refence number, but if the customer hasn't made any transactions, they don't appear in the work book, so in effect customer 12345 may be in line 20 in book1, but in line 50 in book 2. What I want to do is take the sales data for each customer in book 1, and add it to a new column against the same customer in book 2. There are several thousand lines in each book. Whats the most efficient way ? Rich Seems like the typical situation that we al...

Line chart colors #2
Can someone explain where the colors for line charts are being pulled from? We have a standard template that is pulled in, but the colors are being changed and I haven't been able to figure out any logical reason for the color choices. Some are coming from our custom color palette, but others aren't in the custom, standard or theme palettes. The markers are coming out with the correct colors, though. ...

Dynamic Chart Titles #2
Hello, I am having a problem with a dynamic chart title and saving, closing and then re-opening the workbook and the chart title still being dynamic. On Sheet2 of my workbook I have some drop-down menus in cells B2:E2. On Sheet7 of my workbook in cells BA1:BA3 I have Concatenation formulas that I want to use as my Chart titles. For example: =CONCATENATE("This is my " Sheet2!$B$2, " ", "chart.") I named the ranges on Sheet7, BA1 is named "FAC", BA2 is named "POD" and BA3 is named "NAF". I then added a text box to my first char...

subtotal #2
I would like to subtotal one single column, the amount, every eight lines. How can I sum of the column for every eight lines? I'd use a helper column and put this in the top row of the data: =INT((ROW(A1)-1)/8) And drag down. Then you can subtotal your data by that column. You could also put: x in the first 8 cells y in the next 8 cells then select those 16 cells and drag down the column to fill it with groups of 8 x's, then groups of 8 y's. Then do subtotal by that column. cbridge wrote: > > I would like to subtotal one single column, the amount, every eight lines. ...

populating address list from external ldap
We are going to be migrating to exchange 2003 over the next few months and we need to populate an address list with addresses from an external ldap server. The large organisation that we do the majority of our business with uses Groupwise and Netware, we currently look up their users email addresses by querying their ldap server. What we would like to do is to populate an address list in our new exchange 2003 deployment with addresses from thier ldap server. cheers Kerry Kerry- You're not going to be able to do this natively. What you need to do is create mail enabled conta...

Connection Manager API problem #2
1) Connection Manager API establish the connection and connection handle is returned which is implemented on 'Connect' button. 2) The connection handle returned by the API to establish connection is the input for the API to check the connection status which we have implemented on the 'ConnStatus' button click.The status is returned successfully till the connection is there through Connection Manager API. If click on 'Disconnect' button and Connection is Released then on click of 'ConnStatus' returns E_Fail. but actual device connection is still there. Why this...

UpdateAllViews #2
Hi When clicks on View, my program draws ellipse and I tried to make all changes in one view reflects to all views. 1-)OnLbuttonDown adds a point to CArray m_PointList 2-)UpdateAllViews calls OnUpdate 3-) OnUpdate Invaliates so OnDraw called. void CDocumentView::OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { GetDocument()->m_PointList.Add(point); GetDocument()->UpdateAllViews(NULL); CView::OnLButtonDown(nFlags, point); }; // void CDocumentView::OnDraw(CDC* pDC) { CDocumentDoc* pDoc = GetDocument(); ASSERT_VALID(pDoc); if (!pDoc) return; for(int i = 0; i < GetDocument()-&g...

Outlook doesn't play any notification sound #2
I first had AOL and it played the youve got mail sound but after I uninstalled it my outlook express never played any email notification sounds and I just installed Outlook 2003 and it does not either. I have outlook receiving mail from an hotmail account. ...

Excel Table to Individual product list and spend
Hi, Basically I have an Excel data table and I have a Product name drop down list. I want to create a formula or macro so when a Product is selected, it would output the list of companies and their spend with the product. Below is a sample but the real spreadsheet has thousands of vendor names and spend for each product and there are probably ten product names altogether. Company Product1 Product2 Product3 Product4 Total ABC 7,009 8,000 15,009 Key 805,036 805,036 PC 56,016 57,470 568 114,054 Water 3,090 651 298,250 301,991 Total 66,115 863,157 306,818 -...

Fill Handle in .NET #2
I am trying to develop a code which handles copy/cut/paste functions in Excel within a macro. I am running into problems identifying when the fill handle is being used. Is there a cutcopy mode or other easy way to identify this? EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice WCF Workflow Services Using External Data Exchange http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/3d49fa0d-a120-4977-842a-6dafb17b6d74/wcf-workflow-services-usi.aspx If you're trying to replicate dragging on the fill handle, you can look at ..filldown, .fillup, .fillright, .fillleft methods in VBA's help. If ...

Split combined date time data #2
From file dump have combined date time cells eg "14/04/03 14:20" (value 37725.59722). Want to perform time analysis so need to split to 2 separate cells; eg. "14/04/2003" (value 37725) & "14:20" (value 0.59722). Is there a fnc to do this? (Currently convert cell to value, then fncs trunc & cell less int(cell) then refmt to date dd/mm/yy & time hh:mm respectively) See one answer in reply to your slightly later post. In article <EDD7065A-E5AA-40AB-BF38-50707E04109B@microsoft.com>, "Mark Ada" <MarkAda@discussions.microsoft.co...

mouse cursor #2
Hi, I want to indicate a long process with egg-timer cursor. The problem is to it begin on start with the dialog based application. I start a worker thread from CDialog::OnInit() and want to set mouse cursor. It show a short time but changed back to arrow (I guess the system or MFC set it back). How can I block this function to stay my egg-timer cursor over my dialog till I want? Thanks for any idea Imre >I want to indicate a long process with egg-timer cursor. >The problem is to it begin on start with the dialog based application. >I start a worker thread from CDialog::OnInit() ...

counting embedded text #2
If I format the information with "Valid" or "Not Valid" first followe by an explaination, it works. The other option is to separate th status from the explaination. IE: have a separate column called vali and put a yes or no and count those. I only have about 45 entries s far, so it isn't that big of deal. So far, using the wildcard seems to be working -- Shocke ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Shocked's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1489 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com...

distribution lists duplicate emails
Is there a way that if a person is in multiple distribution lists that are used in an email that they can receive the email only once and not 2 or 3 times if they are in different distribution lists? ...

Pivot Table Help #2
I have a sheet that I use to keep track daily of the value of inventory by day, and grouped by week. The value of the inventory is tracked by three different subgroups. (Below is an example). On my piviot table the values are grouped by type and by week. So what I get is a five day average of each Type by week, which is exactly what I want. My averages are as follows: M $796091.00 O $615069.00 R $3180669.00 =================== Grand Totals $1530609.00 The grand totals are where I need help. The grand total is an average of the avaerages. Is it possible to display a sum of the av...