send on behalf #6

Hi,

We have a helpdesk mailbox and I would like to give the "send on
behalf" permission to a distribution group but "active directory Users
and computers" won't let me do this.  I can only see users.  No groups.

Exchange 2003 sp2, Outlook 2003, Native forest.

I don't wanna use "send as" cause we wanna see sender name.

Could it be a GC problem?  Am I missing something?

Thanks

On 19 May 2006 06:43:07 -0700, dany_langlois@yahoo.com wrote:

>Hi,
>
>We have a helpdesk mailbox and I would like to give the "send on
>behalf" permission to a distribution group but "active directory Users
>and computers" won't let me do this.  I can only see users.  No groups.
>

>Exchange 2003 sp2, Outlook 2003, Native forest.
>
>I don't wanna use "send as" cause we wanna see sender name.
>
>Could it be a GC problem?  Am I missing something?
>
>Thanks

I think that is by design.
0
adavid (8731)
5/19/2006 1:49:03 PM
Solution found!!!!

You have to give permission through Outlook.  Go to
Tools-Options-Delegate.  Add groups that you want.   If you only want
send on behalf permission then uncheck all boxes in
permission/autorization panel.  Wait for 5 -10 minutes for replication
in AD.  Now you can look at you user's account properties in ADUC and
you will see your group with the "send on behalf" permission!

:-D

On 19 May 2006 12:01:11 -0700, "Lenglo" <dany_langlois@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Solution found!!!!
>
>You have to give permission through Outlook.  Go to
>Tools-Options-Delegate.  Add groups that you want.   If you only want
>send on behalf permission then uncheck all boxes in
>permission/autorization panel.  Wait for 5 -10 minutes for replication
>in AD.  Now you can look at you user's account properties in ADUC and
>you will see your group with the "send on behalf" permission!
>
>:-D

Ah. Very good!
0
adavid (8731)

difference send as / receive as
Hi, I know that if you want under E2K "service account" access to mailboxes you must give yourself "send as"/ and "receive as" access ". But can anyone please tell me the whaht is the difference between the two permissions ? Regards Jenny Jenny wrote: > Hi, > > I know that if you want under E2K "service account" access to mailboxes you > must give yourself "send as"/ and "receive as" access ". But can anyone > please tell me the whaht is the difference between the two permissions ? > > Regards Je...

FRx 6.5 Reports with FRx 6.7 Report Server
Can FRx 6.5 reports work with FRx 6.7 Report Server without being upgraded to FRx 6.7? Any Help would be appreciated. ------=_NextPart_0001_2CE4EA95 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Andrew, Thanks for the question about FRx 6.5 and 6.7. I would recommend having your entire FRx environment operating on the same version. When using different versions of FRx in one environment it can create problems. Let us know if you have any questions. David Treleaven Microsoft Online Partner Support When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via you...

Outlook 2003 Sending Errors
Just recently installed Outlook 2003, and now am unable to send/reply to emails. I am receiving the following errors: "Task 'mail.anglofinancial.com (1) - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0B) : 'Unknown Error 0x800CCC0B' Task 'mail.anglofinancial.com (1) - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' If anyone has a solution to either error, I would greatly apprec...

Charts #6
I has many charts that use the same spreadsheet for information. How can I add lines in my spreadsheet and have the charts automatically update? (currently I go into source data and change the cell number for each one) Thanks! Jon Peltier has information on creating dynamic charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html kimw wrote: > I has many charts that use the same spreadsheet for information. How can I > add lines in my spreadsheet and have the charts automatically update? > (currently I go into source data and change the cell number for each one) ...

Instant Send\Recieve over the network
I am looking for a way to set the instant send and recieve over the network. So that anyone in house that sends an e-mail will get it automatically. The e-mail coming from out of the office will still come in at the regular 5 minute or so interval. I knwo this is possible I jsut don't know how. willie <williamr@assoc-eng.com> wrote: > I am looking for a way to set the instant send and recieve over the > network. So that anyone in house that sends an e-mail will get it > automatically. The e-mail coming from out of the office will still > come in at the regular 5 mi...

Using spellcheck freezes Outlook 2003 on send
I have one user that has this happen to where they lose emails due to frozen Outlook. It only happens on spellcheck. It followed him from one computer to another when I used Office's "Save My Settings Wizard" to transfer his Office settings to his new laptop. He's using HTML email without Word. Any ideas on resetting his dictionary or whatever's causing this? I assume it's either a file or a registry setting that transfers with the wizard. ...

Excel links #6
I have a word document that I have a link to an excel worksheet with. I need to know how to make the Excel worksheet fit on the correct page width for a word doc. In Excel it fits on one page width. But when I link it, it doesn't fit the width. This is due for a client today I need help. Hi, Can't you select it and drag to resize?? jr >-----Original Message----- >I have a word document that I have a link to an excel >worksheet with. I need to know how to make the Excel >worksheet fit on the correct page width for a word doc. > >In Excel it fits on one p...

MS outlook XP sending message error
I running Outlook XP SP3 on windows XP SP1. Our outlook create 6 mail profile for send/receve different e-mail account. The problems when sending message, the message put to the outbox very long time, the details show 100% comleted first, after show decrease 50% , 30%, 25%, at the end show the error 0x000ccc8b server busy error message, But i have cheking sending e-mail address amilbox, the message is success receive, I switch to outlook outbox, the message still in outbox cannot send out. *********Please advice how to solve out this problem**************8 IT ...

Outlook Won't Send Attachments #2
I recently reformatted my HD and reinstalled all my programs. Everything seems to work just fine, except that attachments in Outlook messages do not seem to get sent. I'm running Symantec AV, but this happens even with the AV software turned off. I've downloaded all the MS updates, both for Office and the OS. I checked with my ISP and they see the messages come through without the attachments. Any ideas? Win XP Pro Office XP Symantec Internet Security / NAV 9.05.15 Thanks in advance for your help. Vic Napier I a, having the same problems. The only difference is that I am...

Specific steps to allowing receive as / send as for exmerge E2k3
Can someone tell me the exact specific steps to allowing "receive as" and "send as" for the "administrator" account as explained in Reference: (Exmerge rights for moving a mailbox to a pst file) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;273642 Not a administrator type so need some help here! Thx http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327000 Receive As should show up first in the list of permissions, Send As is in the same place. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "T...

Corporate or Workgroup, send from different accounts
I have been using Outlook 2000 (CW) in order to attach history to my contacts in ACT! This has been running well. The problem I've run into is I used to be able click on the "Send" button and choose a different email account to send from, I no longer have that option since I set up the workgroup settings. The email account that I can't send from is a Linux firewall account we use for internal emails...I can receive emails, but I can't reply or send new messages. They keep coming back as undeliverable. Any suggestions/feedback would be greatly appreciated. ...

Send a personal distribution
Is there an easy way to send a personal distribution list to someone so that they can load the same distribution list in their personal file? Thanks!! mark1 <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there an easy way to send a personal distribution list > to someone so that they can load the same distribution > list in their personal file? Thanks!! When distribution list is displayed, save as a msg file. The recipient of that file can double-click to display with Outlook, then 'copy to' Contacts folder. ...

Still sending emails internally.
The situation . . I had two domains set-up to receive emails via exchange, I have transferred one domain out to a hosted service, when I send emails internally the emails are being delivered internally which is wrong I need them to hit the outside world instead of being delivered internally how can I achieve this . . Thanks JON Can you provide more details? Sounds like your server still thinks it's hosting the domain you've tried to offload. "jonnycool" <jonnycool@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC071409-0316-41A1-A2C2-C2FA5AB8AC66@microsoft....

Can Not Send Large Attachment? Maybe? Maybe Not?
When sending large files to Yahoo or other external mailboxes I receive the following error message: #550 5.2.3 RESOLVER.RST.RecipSizeLimit; message too large for this recipient ## My understanding is that this message was rejected by the receiving mailbox - not kicked back from my exchange 2007 server. I'm being told by someone else that is getting kicked by my own exchange server? My understanding is that if it were getting kicked back by my own exchange server because the attachment was too large I would receive: 550 5.3.4 ROUTING.SizeLimit message size exceeds...

Windows 7 OS Can not send emails from Windows Live
ERROR MESSAGE AS FOLLOWS: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Test' Server: 'mail.messagingengine.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): Yes Socket Error: 10060 Any help would be greatly appreciated. "Delusional Dave" <Delusional Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2716ACA1-1D1C-4396-B708-D76395B7ACA3@microsoft.com... > ERROR MESSAGE AS FOLLOWS: > > > The connection to the server has failed. > > Subject 'Test' > Server: 'mail.mes...

Vertias 8.6 Exchange 2000 unable to restore public folders
Anyone has any ideas or links that will point me in the right direction on the correct way to restore a Public Folder in Exchange 2000 I'm using Veritas 8.6 Backup for Exchange. ...

Can't send email all of a sudden, can only receive
This has never happened before. I can receive, but as of today, cannot send email. I am running Microsoft vista home premium, and windows mail. I didn't change any settings, and it was working fine yesterday. Here is my error message: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Can anyone help ...

how can I enlarge OE 6 send email box?
when I had OE 5 & wanted to send email, my send box was large. when I got OE 6, my box got real small. How can I get it to normal size? Resize it by dragging a corner with your mouse. "pajel5" wrote: > when I had OE 5 & wanted to send email, my send box was large. when I got OE > 6, my box got real small. How can I get it to normal size? It used to open to normal size. Why did it change? There has to be a way to get it back like it was. "Mary" wrote: > Resize it by dragging a corner with your mouse. > > "pajel5" wrote: > >...

cant send or recive email
every time i try to send or recive my emails it comes up a err can anyone help Naturally, no one can help until you post the error message. Right-click on the message, select Copy, then paste it into a reply. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Toni" <Toni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35E16352-ADA1-4CC9-90FC-AEA3B963BC1A@microsoft.com... > every time i try to send or recive my emails it comes up a err can anyone > help The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: Ins C...

Tennessee Frist Sales Tax Holiday 8/4/06 to 8/6/06?
Hello, Today I got a memo from the Tennessee Department of Revenue for a Back-to-School Supplies, Clothing, and Computers Tax-Exempt During Tennessee's First Sales Tax Holiday. In August of this year, Tennessee will hold its first annual sales tax holiday, giving shoppers the opportunity to purchase certian school suppliers, computers and clothing tax-free for a specific period of time beginning at 12:01am on Friday, Aug 4 and ending at 11:59pl on Sunday, Aug 6. We have stores on all different parts of Tennessee with different items sales tax base on their location. I saw two opt...

why can't i find the send button and how do I configure e-mail
I seem to be able to write the e-mail but do not have a button to send. the message tells me my address is not configured? Did you create a profile for Outlook to use? http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm "LJDICKER" <LJDICKER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:211018AE-F489-4002-864E-FAEEC141AF6F@microsoft.com... > I seem to be able to write the e-mail but do not have a button to send. the > message tells me my address is not configured? ...

Send from different email addresses
In Exchange 2003, I have mail coming in for 2 different domains. i need to be able to send email from the non-default domain. any ideas? Brett Evanson - Using same user account with multiple proxyAddresses: Exchange/Outlook will always send using the default SMTP address. proxyAddresses can be used to receive inbound mail for different addresses from the same domain or different domains, but nothing native or built-in in Outlook/Exchange to allow sending using a proxyAddress. You can either use SMTP clients like Outlook Express, or use Outlook with 3rd-party utility like IvaSoft'...

Questions to exmerge 6.5.7408.1 (newest version)
- What is the maximum size of a PST file that exmerge can export to? (the ~1.8GB limit from Outlook 2002 and previos?) - We need exmerge for archiving the Excahnge Journaling Mailbox and will use the dataimportmethod=3 option in the ini file, which should export the mailbox into a pst and the delete the content of the mailbox. What will happen with messages that arrive in the mailbox during the exmerge export? Is exmerge smart enough to leave these messages in the Mailbox or does exmerge delete all messages in the mailbox after the export? Thanks in advance for any help! Franz Exmerge as...

MSComm use in VC 6.0
Hello. I am using MSComm in my VC 6.0 application, for using the COM1, and COM2, etc... ports. (It has a telephone glyph - the activeX name is : Microsoft communication control). By class wizard I have added a member variable of the name : m_com_port for that control. I need a sample for VC 6.0 for reading and writing to com port (may be com1, i.e), and some explanation on this component, please. Thanks :) Check out the VCTERM sample in the MSDN documentation. The wrapper classes in the sample were originally created with VC5, and the control has been modified since then to support diff...

outlook send recieve msg timing
How do I change the time setting on send/recieve on outlook 2000. Thanks ...