send mail to specific folder

Is there anyway to send mail (SMTP) to exchange server mailbox and have it
stored in a folder other then INBOX?

Using IMAIL I can address to: mailbox-folder@?????.com

None (by addressing alone).

On a second thought, maybe you could do something to have your message end
up in Junkmail folder...
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"morton_homisco" <morton_homisco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there anyway to send mail (SMTP) to exchange server mailbox and have it
> stored in a folder other then INBOX?
>
> Using IMAIL I can address to: mailbox-folder@?????.com

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
9/14/2005 8:45:23 PM
You can enable e-mail on a public folder and have all mail stored there. You
can store it as task or note, but you have to make sure you specify that on
the folder creation.

--
Stokes
"morton_homisco" <morton_homisco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there anyway to send mail (SMTP) to exchange server mailbox and have it
> stored in a folder other then INBOX?
>
> Using IMAIL I can address to: mailbox-folder@?????.com

0
Stokes
9/14/2005 8:46:12 PM
You can create a rule.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"morton_homisco" <morton_homisco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there anyway to send mail (SMTP) to exchange server mailbox and have it
> stored in a folder other then INBOX?
>
> Using IMAIL I can address to: mailbox-folder@?????.com

0
curspice6401 (3487)
9/14/2005 9:14:02 PM
I said that you can create a rule, but I'm afraid it nay not work right
based on the e-mail address.  You'll have to try it and see.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"morton_homisco" <morton_homisco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there anyway to send mail (SMTP) to exchange server mailbox and have it
> stored in a folder other then INBOX?
>
> Using IMAIL I can address to: mailbox-folder@?????.com

0
curspice6401 (3487)
9/14/2005 9:14:59 PM
Ed,

I did not do a very good job with my original description;

I am looking for a way to direct all incoming mail from a specific recepient
(um_homisco) to a folder other then the INBOX (um_folder). The folder is
specific to the recipient (not public). Each recipient sees only mail
addreessed to them. If the folder does not exist I want it created. I want
this rule to apply to all mailboxes (including newly created) in the exchange
server.

Can this be done with a rule or will I need to use event sink?

This is done automatically in IMAIL and Lotus Notes by adding -folder to To
address:
jmorton-um_folder@homisco.com will place message in um_folder folder. If the
folder does not exist in the subscriber's mailbox it automatically creates it.

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> I said that you can create a rule, but I'm afraid it nay not work right
> based on the e-mail address.  You'll have to try it and see.
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "morton_homisco" <morton_homisco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there anyway to send mail (SMTP) to exchange server mailbox and have it
> > stored in a folder other then INBOX?
> >
> > Using IMAIL I can address to: mailbox-folder@?????.com

Hello,

It seems you can do that using SpamMover application:
http://www.ivasoft.biz/spammover.shtml

Regards,

Victor Ivanidze,
software developer

> Ed,
>
> I did not do a very good job with my original description;
>
> I am looking for a way to direct all incoming mail from a specific
> recepient
> (um_homisco) to a folder other then the INBOX (um_folder). The folder is
> specific to the recipient (not public). Each recipient sees only mail
> addreessed to them. If the folder does not exist I want it created. I want
> this rule to apply to all mailboxes (including newly created) in the
> exchange
> server.
>
> Can this be done with a rule or will I need to use event sink?
>
> This is done automatically in IMAIL and Lotus Notes by adding -folder to
> address:
> jmorton-um_folder@homisco.com will place message in um_folder folder. If
> the
> folder does not exist in the subscriber's mailbox it automatically creates
> it.
>

> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> I said that you can create a rule, but I'm afraid it nay not work right
>> based on the e-mail address.  You'll have to try it and see.
>> --
>> Ed Crowley
>> MVP - Exchange
>>
>> "morton_homisco" <morton_homisco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > Is there anyway to send mail (SMTP) to exchange server mailbox and have
>> > it
>> > stored in a folder other then INBOX?
>> >
>> > Using IMAIL I can address to: mailbox-folder@?????.com

0
no1498 (362)

Slow performance when opening e-mail
It takes 10-15 seconds for an e-mail to open. even moving between e-mails is slow, nor will the preview pane show up any faster. It takes the same period of time to delete messages. Even moving between contacts, calender to my in box takes an excessive period of time. It has not always been this slow. I have archived my info and do not have an excessive ammount of messages in my box. Nor am I low on memory or performance with my hardware. Any ideas? Thanks, Matthew Depending on the version of Outlook (which you do NOT state), turning off Instant Message integration under Tools-&...

sending messages with attachments takes longer than usual
Hy everyone,for the last couple of days i've being trying to troubleshoot a problem on a windows 2000 network. All the workstations seem to share the same problem,if they send a message with a small attachment,there's no problem but as soon as the size of the attach reaches aproximately 400 Kbp,it takes an eternety to send the e- mail and sometimes doesn't even send it. I've being using a normal workastation winth win2000 server,and for the internet sharing i'm using wingate (i've checked the settings on the wingate's firewall and everything is set as default....

Open up Archives then delete Archive folder.
I'm trying to open up those "archive.psd" and can't open them. The only think that happens is that I keep adding Archive Folders and then I can't do anything with the Archive folder. Can you tell me how to open up a file called "archive.psd"? So far I've tried File>Open>Outlook Data File, then I select the archive.psd file and all that happens is I keep adding Archive folders that I can't do anything with. How can I delete "Archive Folders"? Thanks. IS. PST, do you mean? PSD isn't a valid extension for an Outlook file. IS ...

Bouncing mail
How is an unwanted email bounced in Windows Live Mail? It says somewhere that if "Delete and block" is pressed, the email is bounced, but there isn't such an option anywhere in Windows Live Mail. Zach Use a Delete It From Server message rule. You do not want to bounce messages. If it is a fake address, you will be bombarded with bounces of your own showing up in your Inbox. I never heard of Delete and Block. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Zach" <xx@yy.zz> wrote in message news:e118A%23YC...

My mail is auto purged after 7 day!!!
Hi all, I am the network administrator. Recently a user complain that her email is auto purge every 7 days. I have checked user's outlook AutoArchive setting is not set. Only this user have problem, all of us is OK. Any clue for me what's going wrong? On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 19:12:01 -0700, "Cyber" <Cyber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, I am the network administrator. Recently a user complain that her >email is auto purge every 7 days. I have checked user's outlook AutoArchive >setting is not set. Only this user have problem, all of us is OK. A...

public folder replication #3
We have an exchange 5,5 and two exchange 2000 servers (one for testing) on the domain. I created a public folder in Outlook which appeared on exch1 - I set up a replication to exch2 and successfully moved the folder across to exch2. A couple of minutes after that I created a second pub folder on exch1 and set up replication and set the home server to exch2 - the folder disappeared off exch1 but never re-appeared on exch2 (its still in Outlook though). There are also old pub folders on exch2 that should have been removed as I deleted them from Outlook, but they are still there. It looks like ...

Outlook 2000 and purging IMAP folders
I recently signed up with an outside mail provider and their default configuration is to use IMAP, not POP3. That was fine, but I just learned about this problem: My email client (Outlook 2000) doesn't purge deleted items from the server. Earlier this week one of my clients had sent me about 25 MB of attachments, and they bounced today. Turns out that my mail was over its quota of 100 MB. (I got this service so I would *never* run out of room!) The mail service admin told me today that most email clients can send an instruction back to the server to "purge" deleted items fr...

Messages in sent folder automatically gets deleted periodically on IMAP account
Windows Mail v6.0.6000.16386 using IMAP on Windows Vista Home Premium Every once a while, my email messages in my "sent" folder for some reason gets automatically deleted. Is there a way I can prevent this from taking place? Other than accessing the account via POP3 instead of IMAP, no. snomazushi wrote: > Windows Mail v6.0.6000.16386 using IMAP on Windows Vista Home Premium > > Every once a while, my email messages in my "sent" folder for some reason > gets automatically deleted. Is there a way I can prevent this from taking > place? ...

Outlook 2003 takes minutes to change folders
We just upgraded a couple of users at my workd from OutlookXP to Outlook 2003. They're virtually identical machones, and both have PST's about the same size. I run ScanPST on their PSTs before upgrading, and did a PST compact. But one machine is working great, the other one (since upgrading) takes as much as 3 minutes to change folders in Outlook. It'll say "stand by while Outlook prepares your view" (or something close to that) for minutes before it changes. What could be going on? What more can I do aside from ScanPST and compacting to try to address this? Thanks for...

C1030AF1 when trying to expand Public Folders
Hello, My company is using Win2003 Small Business Server with Exchange 2003. I recently started with the company and since day one I have not been able to do any administration work with Public Folders. Every time I try to expand Public Folders in Exchange System Manager I get a "Requested Operation Forbidden C1030AF1". I have tried every KB and Technet article. Searched all over the web and in these newsgroups and still have not found a sollution to this issue. If anyone else has run into this issue and found a solution I would greatly appreciate any advice you can of...

Deleting Mail #2
This problem seems to be random over our network. We are running Windows Server 2000 with Outlook 2002. Some users are getting a notification that they have mail and when they check, there is nothing in their inbox. The new mail has automatically gone to the deleted items folder. It doesn't do it with all mail for that particular user or do all the users on the network experience this problem. There are no rules set up to do this. Has anyone else have this problem. If you have a suggestion please respond to my e-mail address DKimball@puc.nh.gov Thanks I have Outlook 2002 on...

Public Folder and Virtual Root
Could somebody tell me what the following error means? and how to go about solving it? Event Type: Warning Event Source: NNTPSVC Event Category: None Event ID: 101 Date: 6/1/2004 Time: 8:47:46 PM User: N/A Computer: INTLOC Description: The server was unable to add the virtual root '/' for the directory '/Internet Newsgroups' due to the following error: The parameter is incorrect. The data is the error code. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Data: 0000: 57 00 00 00 W... Thanks in advance Hi H...

Forward E-Mail to another account
Hello, Can Outlook-6 be setup to forward a copy of a e-mail message to another account. Thanks Clinton Yes, you can use the -Message Rules- option to do what you're askin for. Just go to Tools -> Message Rules -> Mail.. and from there on it really self-explanatory. In your case.. 1. pick whatever conditions you need (where the from line contains...) 2. select the option forward it to.. And you're done -- Heritag ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Heritage's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=425 View this th...

properly creating Personal Folders
I have purchased Microsoft Office 2003 and in briefly reading the included book, it stated three licences were included. I assume that I am able to create three Persanol File Folders in OutLook. I am hoping to keep organized by creating; one for myself, one fordaughter and another for my mother. If I am not correct, please inform me and if I am correct, would you kindly instruct me on how I create the different Personal File Folders. Thank you File > New > Outlook Data File Your license will not affect how many PST files you can create. You might also want to consider creating...

Set default "Sent Item Folder" when sending an email from Word
Hi i have 2 email account set up in Outlook 2007, on POP3 account and an IMAP account. Outlook is configured to store sent items in the Sent Items Folder of my IMAP account. When i send an email from Word 2007 (as an attachment) it is saved in Sent Items Folder of my POP3 account; it can be changed while in the email document, Options, and there changing the defualt Sent Item Folder to "default" (checked); once i do that the message is saved in the correct folder (IMAP account) otherwise it is saved in the POP3 account. Is there a way to set this option as defult? to h...

Deleting a single mail item remotely?
Is it possible to delete an item from user(s) mailbox(es) if it is mistakenly sent? We've just migrated to Exchange 2003 and I would like to know as we could do it with sendmail easily. What normally happens to require this need is someone sends an email they shouldn't have to the wrong people then panics and rings us to try and delete it before the users in question logon and see the mail. a On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 20:16:52 +0100, "al" <{ask_me}@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: >Is it possible to delete an item from user(s) mailbox(es) if it is >mistakenly sent? We&...

jraun search when clicking on inbox and other folders
I have Microsoft Outlook 2002. A couple of weeks ago, I started getting a weird message whenever I click on any of the folders. For instance, I click on "inbox", and at first, the inbox starts to open, then suddenly an explorer bar opens, as if it's going to the internet, and the inbox disappears and I get a message saying "Cannot find Outlook:Inbox", or something similar to that. Also, in the explorer bar, I see "www.jraun.com/search" and some other stuff after than pertaining to a search for my inbox. I can't find anyone who knows why this ...

Public Folder Referal / Outlook VPN issue
Hi, We have an Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 environment. We have 3 connectors in our Admin group and these are currently set to "allow public folder referrals" Here's the issue: Outlook 03 clients coming in via VPN for the first sync, they public folder heirarchcy can take around 5 mins to sync. Watching the connections screen in Outlook you can see the pf referral go via each connector in the routing group. If i turn off pf referrals this issue doesn't happen - the client connects straight away with no problems. But having this switched off leads to issues wit...

saving a mail merged publication
I'm using Publisher 2002 to create business postcards for our company to send out to real estate agents. I can perform the mail merge just fine, and the merged postcards turn out great. However, we will not be printing the postcards here at the office, we'll be taking them to a pro printer because 3000 postcards is too much for our office printer. Is there a way to save the mail merged postcards to a CD or disk and then take them to the printer, already merged, so they can just open the file and start printing? Would I have to save each merged postcard individually or can the whole...

Users can't access attachments in public folder messages
All, We recently migrated from Exchange 5.5 to 2003. Some (but not all) of our users have reported problems where they can't see attachments to messages that are stored in our public folders. They see the message, but the attachments don't appear. We have a few workstations where the users can login and they don't experience the problem, but on most workstatations they can't see them. This seems like a client issue, but here's the catch: If we go in and give the users "Edit" capability in the public folder permissions, they can see the attachments at...

User Can't Send Mail
When a user has hit their quota limit and I increase it for them what do I need to do to allow the updated limit to be applied to the user so they can send Email again? wait...the default update time for this is 2 hours...or see this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327378/en-us -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "D303M" <D303M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:563E524F-709F-40CE-A202-228944A920F2@microsoft.com... > When a user has hit their quota limit and I increase it for them what do I > need to do to allow the updated limit to be applied to the user so th...

Exchange Connection Filtering & Mail Relay (2)
See comments below: > Connection filtering will only work if the server where connection filtering > is enabled is actually the server the connection is being made to -- ie if > the spammer isn't connecting directly to the Exchange server with connection > filtering, connection filtering won't do any good. > > -- > Evan Dodds > Microsoft Exchange Support Well, this is not good. Wouldn't it be better to check the mailheaders of an email for the existence of known ip adresses provided by DNSBL's? (But then you couldn't name it connection filtering :...

Word 2007: how to save to original folder?
How do I force Word 2007 to default to saving files to the folder containing the file I opened? Clearing the "default folder" in the options doesn't do it (at least not with "Save As" when the target is a thumb drive). We generally strongly recommend against saving to (or opening from) any type of removable drive or media. Much safer to save/copy to the HD and then copy/open from there. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "MacAndrewSC" <MacAndrewSC@discussions.microsoft...

Outlook e-mail signature on CRM e-mail
When sending e-mail from a CRM form (contact or account) but also using the Outlook client, e-mails do not receive the user's Outlook signature. Is it possible to set user's signature to outgoing e-mail from CRM as well? I know it can be done on Exchange, but I wonder if there is a setting to enable CRM email receiving the signature (and not using a manual CRM template or installing a third-party add-on). -- CRM consultant Hi Daniel, This is not possible, but it's something our users are reqeusting as well (and in my opinion it's a real bummer that this isn't poss...

send message #2
i have a dialog created with this code CreateEx(0, NULL, NULL, WS_POPUP|WS_VISIBLE, CRect(pt,CSize(0,0)), pParentWnd, nID); CRect Rect2(10,85,80,110); m_Close.Create("Close",WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|BS_CENTER |BS_NOTIFY ,Rect2,this,IDC_CLOSE); // button CRect Rect(120,85,190,110); m_Open.Create("Open",WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|BS_CENTER |BS_NOTIFY ,Rect,this,IDC_OPEN); // button when i click one of the two button i send message with this code TBNOTIFY mm; mm.hdr.code = NM_CLICK; mm.hdr.hwndFrom = m_hWnd; mm.hdr.idFrom = GetDlgCtrlID(); mm.iItem = 2; mm.cchText = 5...