Send from exchange mailbox alias email addresses

I want to "send from" an alias email address.  Example, admin@123.com (set as
primary), admin@abc.com Exchange 2003, recipients policy accepts these domain
names.  So if you send to either email the admin@123.com will get the emails.
 I can receive, but now I want to send as one of my alias email addresses.  I
open outlook, I have my "from filed" showing in the email, in the "from
field" I want the email to come from one of my alias addresses; I type it in,
outlook resolves to my primary email address, first problem.  So I create a
"contact" with my alias email address and choose it, that fixes my first
problem, then I get "You do not have permission to send to this recipient" in
a NDR.

I know I can create mailboxes and give rights, but that is not what I want
to do.  I can receive emails addressed to my alias, I want to send from my
alias email addresses with out going to AD and changing primary email
addresses every time I want to send from that alias email address.

Thanks!

I made the contact objest in my mailbox, not AD.  Is that okay and how do set
up send as/recieve as permissions.  Should it be in AD?

"Nuevo" wrote:

> Do you have send as/receive as permissions on the contact object you
> created?
>
> Nue
> "mathew dalton" <mathewdalton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I want to "send from" an alias email address.  Example, admin@123.com (set
> >as
> > primary), admin@abc.com Exchange 2003, recipients policy accepts these
> > domain
> > names.  So if you send to either email the admin@123.com will get the
> > emails.
> > I can receive, but now I want to send as one of my alias email addresses.
> > open outlook, I have my "from filed" showing in the email, in the "from
> > field" I want the email to come from one of my alias addresses; I type it
> > in,
> > outlook resolves to my primary email address, first problem.  So I create
> > "contact" with my alias email address and choose it, that fixes my first
> > problem, then I get "You do not have permission to send to this recipient"
> > in
> > a NDR.
> >
> > I know I can create mailboxes and give rights, but that is not what I want
> > to do.  I can receive emails addressed to my alias, I want to send from my
> > alias email addresses with out going to AD and changing primary email
> > addresses every time I want to send from that alias email address.
> >
> > Thanks!

I misunderstood what you were doing. I'm not sure that this is possible.

I'd thought you had created a second mailbox and that you were trying to use
the From on the second mailbox address. Which is actually one way to do what
you want.

>I made the contact objest in my mailbox, not AD.  Is that okay and how do
>set
> up send as/recieve as permissions.  Should it be in AD?
>
> "Nuevo" wrote:
>
>> Do you have send as/receive as permissions on the contact object you
>> created?
>>
>> Nue
>> "mathew dalton" <mathewdalton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I want to "send from" an alias email address.  Example, admin@123.com
>> >(set
>> >as
>> > primary), admin@abc.com Exchange 2003, recipients policy accepts these
>> > domain
>> > names.  So if you send to either email the admin@123.com will get the
>> > emails.
>> > I can receive, but now I want to send as one of my alias email
>> > addresses.
>> > open outlook, I have my "from filed" showing in the email, in the "from
>> > field" I want the email to come from one of my alias addresses; I type
>> > it
>> > in,
>> > outlook resolves to my primary email address, first problem.  So I
>> > create
>> > "contact" with my alias email address and choose it, that fixes my
>> > first
>> > problem, then I get "You do not have permission to send to this
>> > recipient"
>> > in
>> > a NDR.
>> >
>> > I know I can create mailboxes and give rights, but that is not what I
>> > want
>> > to do.  I can receive emails addressed to my alias, I want to send from
>> > my
>> > alias email addresses with out going to AD and changing primary email
>> > addresses every time I want to send from that alias email address.
>> >
>> > Thanks!

0
imaneophyte (3004)
2/7/2006 8:45:53 PM
I created the contact in AD, found the send as permission, but that wont work
because the email address is already in AD as an alias to the user.  It just
puts me back to creating a new mailbox, which I don’t want to do.  I would
also have to create that mailbox with a little different email name, i.e.
joe@abc.com joeB@123.com, I don’t want that.

"mathew dalton" wrote:

> I made the contact objest in my mailbox, not AD.  Is that okay and how do set
> up send as/recieve as permissions.  Should it be in AD?
>
> "Nuevo" wrote:
>
> > Do you have send as/receive as permissions on the contact object you
> > created?
> >
> > Nue
> > "mathew dalton" <mathewdalton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I want to "send from" an alias email address.  Example, admin@123.com (set
> > >as
> > > primary), admin@abc.com Exchange 2003, recipients policy accepts these
> > > domain
> > > names.  So if you send to either email the admin@123.com will get the
> > > emails.
> > > I can receive, but now I want to send as one of my alias email addresses.
> > > open outlook, I have my "from filed" showing in the email, in the "from
> > > field" I want the email to come from one of my alias addresses; I type it
> > > in,
> > > outlook resolves to my primary email address, first problem.  So I create
> > > "contact" with my alias email address and choose it, that fixes my first
> > > problem, then I get "You do not have permission to send to this recipient"
> > > in
> > > a NDR.
> > >
> > > I know I can create mailboxes and give rights, but that is not what I want
> > > to do.  I can receive emails addressed to my alias, I want to send from my
> > > alias email addresses with out going to AD and changing primary email
> > > addresses every time I want to send from that alias email address.
> > >
> > > Thanks!

Erase all the changes you've made.  You don't need a contact in AD or in
your Outlook contacts.  Neither one will do you any good for what you want
to do.

There is no *native* way to send as a different alias.  Exchange will
automatically convert it to your primary (reply-to) address.

ivasoft.biz has an add-in called ChooseFrom that should allow you to do
this.  It's licensed on a per-server basis, so if you are the only one that
needs it, it may not be cost-effective.
http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.shtml

Looks like there are other options there such as SmartReply (allows you to
reply using the address the message was sent to).  Take a look and see if
something there fits.  That, or look over on Slipstick.com and see if you
find something that will work for you.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

>I created the contact in AD, found the send as permission, but that wont
>work
> because the email address is already in AD as an alias to the user.  It
> just
> puts me back to creating a new mailbox, which I don't want to do.  I would
> also have to create that mailbox with a little different email name, i.e.
> joe@abc.com joeB@123.com, I don't want that.
>
> "mathew dalton" wrote:
>
>> I made the contact objest in my mailbox, not AD.  Is that okay and how do
>> set
>> up send as/recieve as permissions.  Should it be in AD?
>>
>> "Nuevo" wrote:
>>
>> > Do you have send as/receive as permissions on the contact object you
>> > created?
>> >
>> > Nue
>> > "mathew dalton" <mathewdalton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> > message

0
Ben

Exchange 2k Server unable to send or receive emails.
Hi, Error message "Internal error occur while processing mail box store" appears when try to mount the mailbox store exchange 2000 Server. Hence the server unable to send or receive any email. The mailbox store is located under storage group. Would like to know how to resolve this & what could be the possible reason for this occurnce. Thanking u in advance for all your the time & effort. Mark Magesen Mark, What event appears in the Application event log of the Exchange server ? Paul Ford Edge IT Ltd "Mark Magesen" <MarkMagesen@discussions.microsoft.co...

Old address displaying
When typing the recipients address in the to: field its displays his old email as well as his new email address. How can I stop the OLD address from displaying Tab down to the old address and press delete. If this is not available in your version of Outlook, then your bad for not posting the version. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Dexter asked: | When typing the recipients ...

Exchange/Outlook Rules
When we configur a rule to forward/redirect email that comes in to our inbox's to another email account(out side our domain) the mail acts like its being sent even goes to our sent items list in outlook but never gets to the net... everything else is running with no problems we send thousands of emails a day, just that one little problem. You have to enable automatic replies to the Internet "Spock255" <Spock255@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6B62AE0-2149-440E-81C1-047FADB83115@microsoft.com... > When we configur a rule to forward/redirect emai...

Exchange 5.5 with Active Directory
Here is my setup: 3 Windows 2000 Servers named PHOENIX, MARS, APOLLO 3 Linux Servers named (SLEEPY, ZEKE, SUN) Active Directory setup on PHOENIX, MARS Windows 2000 DNS setup on PHOENIX, MARS BIND setup on SLEEPY, ZEKE Sendmail setup on SUN Exchange 5.5 setup on MARS EBTECH.NET is our the name of our Active Directory We use Exchange on MARS for our internal mail which connects to SUN to send messages to people that are not in Exchange. The problem is that with Active Directory setup any email sent to people outside of our Exchange Server who have @ebtech.net in their email addresses gets bounc...

Have to set up exchange account details in outlook for new users manually
Hello, I'm quite new to AD + Exchange so please forgive any stupid questions. When I create a new user in AD I am able to create a mailbox in exchange for the user at the same time. However, I then have to log on as the user, and am prompted to configure the email account details in Outlook. Is there a way (and I'm sure there is) the Outlook details can be completed automatically please? Am using Windows Server + Exchange 2003. Clients connect via Citrix. Thanks Ricki On 10 Mar 2007 10:04:51 -0800, "Coopa" <ricki.cooper@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I'...

Excel Send To Options
Mail Recipient (as attachment) is not available - all other mail recipient options are available. How can I make as attachment availabe. Hi webeustoo Try this http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "webeustoo" <webeustoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6C6490B-D5B7-4EC4-B454-17970B1C12AF@microsoft.com... > Mail Recipient (as attachment) is not available - all other mail recipient > options are available. How can I make as attachment availabe. ...

uploading email attachment
I've attached a small program (ad-aware)to an email to a friend. Outlook 2003 won't let it upload and "send", something about a potential virus, etc?? Now the email is sitting in the outbox, stuck, won't send, won't delete. If I can't send attachments with .exe then at least how do I remove it from the outbox? 1. Always zip files you intend to send via email - Outlook will not send nor receive mails with .exe attachments, among others. 2. Create a new .pst file, make it the default, close and reopen Outlook. Go to the Outbox in the old .pst file and de...

Outloo reads aloud emails
I have Outlook 2002 installed. I usually send an email by using the key combination Alt/S but occasionally, instead of the email being sent, a voice starts reading aloud the email I have written. Now I have tried all sorts of Alt key combinations to make it happen on purpose but it won't so my question is, what is happening, why, and can I use the speech recognition program in other MS products? Regrds, Lloyd sounds like you are enabling narrator. look in accessories on the start menu. If it's not that, then it could be speech - look in control panel for the lauguage applet. --...

Sending e-mail with Windows Mail
I have created an e-mail newsletter in Publisher 2007 and want to send it to my customers using my default e-mail program - Windows Mail. However when I try to send it, Publisher tells me that Microsoft Outlook is not my default mail client, do I want to change it. The answer is NO, I do not. But once I choose the NO option it will not send at all. Everywhere I look says this will work with Windows Mail, so why is Publisher so set on Outlook being my default e-mail program? Is there a setting somewhere in Publisher that I need to change? Thanks!! Leslie scratch that- the error I get ...

Access 2003 to Email issue.
I have a working Access 2003 form that has a button to open a report and send a email. This makes the report an attachment in the email. The name of the report is placed in the document as the name of the attachment. I would like to add the "variable" EmployeeName so that it appears in the attachment name. Is this possible and if so where and how do I code it to have this happen? I used to be a mindreader, but those skills deteriorate with distance. Without seeing your code, that's hard to do. If you're handy with VBA, try using it to change the name of the attachment,...

Username not in Global Address List
Hi all, I have added several user accounts on my Exchange 2003 server. All of them would show up in the Glabal Address List (GAL) except the last user I added. I am going to called it UserX. This last user account would show up in all the users' workstations except one station. Let's call it StationY. This particular client at StationY would see all the users in the Global Address List except UserX. In other words, UserX doesn't show up in the GAL on StationY. What should I do in order to bring UserX to show up in GAL on StationY? I appreciate any help on this. Thanks, ...

old emails not in standard not retreived for new Outlook installat
emails stored in folders that were not Inbox, Sent, etc were not found and retrieved for a new Outlook 2007 installation. "rogers at cuvinc" <rogers at cuvinc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98A737DB-E43E-4CA6-A6E6-9625869BAF82@microsoft.com... > emails stored in folders that were not Inbox, Sent, etc were not found and > retrieved for a new Outlook 2007 installation. And what type of email account are we talking about here? It all depends on how you backed up and restored your Outlook data. Do you still have access to your original pst...

Errors after removing old Exchange server
After removing our old Exchange 2000 server we have issues with Outlook 2003 clients getting error "0x8004010f" when clicking the send receive button. After doing a bit of research I beleive that the old server still housed the following: OAB Version 2 Offline Address Book Schedule+ Free Busy Information I cannot bring the old server back to life now ! Is there a way to rehome these functions to the new Exchange 2003 server manually??? If we did not replicate the system folders off of the decommissioned server we will need to recreate them. You can use a utility that is avail...

Free/Busy not available after upgrading to Exchange 2003
After we successfully migrated the users to the new exchange server 2003, we find a new problem. User cannot see the free/busy when scheduling meeting in the calendar. I suspect this a replication issue. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks. -- Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event ID: 8207 Error updating public folder with free-busy information on virtual machine MXGBL2. The error number is 0x80004005. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. -KHY ...

Unwanted emails
How can I block emails coming from outside of my intranet domain? I am receiving unsolicited emails at my email account at work. My account at work is not private. Please help! Outlook 2003 includes some client-side spam filters that are quite good. You will need to have an Exchange server in order for them to work, tho. Other options can be found here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/content_control.htm -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and re...

VLOOKUP to return Cell Address
I have a table, and I want to do a Vlookup on Column1, and when I find what I am looking for, I want to sum column 2 from that row down to the bottom of the table. For example, Item 1 2345 Item 2 3478 Item 3 1298 Item 4 123 Item 5 1233 I want to find "Item 3" and then I want to be able to return the sum of (1298+123+1233). How would I do this? My thoughts were that I would do a lookup to get the row numner of "Item 3" and then do a sum() with the cell range starting from the row where I found "Item 3" but I'm not sur...

Email/Windows Security Pop UP
Suddenly, after 2 years, out of no where I start getting a Windows Security pop up asking me to verify my user name and password...GRRR....how do I make it stop???? I have entered the information...clicked on REMEMBER MY CREDENTIALS...and it promptly forgets!....I even went into my accounts and re entered the info and said REMEMBER....which IT promptly forgot....how do I make it stop?????...the ONLY thing I use on my comp is windows defender...all the other crap just gives me a giant headache...my windows updates automatically, which it just did PRIOR to my issues... sorry I s...

Problems viewing the Address Book using Outlook Express
Hello, I'm using OE6 and I would like my address book to be displayed in the lower left hand side of the window. I'm not having any luck trying to get it back. I go into the "View" menu, but there is no option for that. Can someone help? Thank you. This is not an Outlook group, not OE. The programs are not related. As I recall, you'd need to use View > Layout to display your Contacts, but I haven't seen OE in years. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:108C5F33-DE91-4B36-A227-1...

What is the sendmail path in exchange 2003 on SBS 2003?
Hi there, I am trying to use Formmail in a few of my pages on a web host server. I have already installed and tested the perl that makes the script run, everything works fine. I just don't receive the script results in email. I was told that I need to know the sendmail path for my mail program. Can anyone help me on this? Sorry, I am just now learning the world of windows. Thank you, Timothy Moore Most likely you need to connect to E2K3 via SMTP. Use your Exchange server's IP address. -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Wh...

Change Directory Name in Exchange 2003, Windows Server 2003
The directory name that appears in exmerge does not match the user account name and I would like to know how to change it. Another administrator created an account in Exchange 2003. The display name is Jane Smith, the login is jane@domain.org and the e-mail is janes@vera.org. When the account was created, the word test was put in one of those fields (which one I am no longer sure and it was changed after creation to the names above, although test@domain.org is still one of the e-mails for this user but not the default). When I use exmerge the directory name that appears for the accou...

Email templates in Workflow engine
Hi I am battling with using the template manager within CRM to create a email template. example. I want for ever new case that gets assigned to send a email to the client informing him/her who will be working on their case and what their case number is. I have created a template in CRM web front end, but in the template nowhere does it specify were you will be sending the email to. When I create the workflow there is also nowhere that I can specify where the email will be going. Any help or direction will be appreciated This is a strange "Feature" of MSCRM. You can either: ...

How do you sen the email at outlook ? I can't find the word send
That seems a pretty basic requirement for the application... File-->New-->Email Message or CTRL-N Send button should be top left. "OP" <OP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5D011FC-369A-4A4C-86B1-A82CCF8F43D3@microsoft.com... > OP <OP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> Ask your queston in the body of the message, including exactly what you're trying, your version of Outlook, and account type. It appears you have not configured Outlook with a mail account. -- Brian Tillman ...

Exchange System Manager Issues
Issue: This is a new problem. I am receiving an error message when I try and open Exchange System Manager. The message reads: "The Server Is Not Operational Facility WIN32 ID No: 8007203a Exchange System Manager " Also, when I now try to open Active Directory Users and Computers, I get "The server is not operational". This only started happening since I had my domain MX record changed to point mail to my new exchange server. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Dave ...

Exchange rule deploy wizard unknown error
Hi, we have an installation of CRM 3.0 with language italian, and we have installed the EMail Router component on the exchange server. When we try to use the deploy wizard in order to create rule for CRM on exchange, all the users of our domain seems to be incorrect, but no additional description is given. The wizard show me an "Unknown Error" (!!??@##) 0x80005000. Nothing in the event viewer. Some one know what's the problem ? Thanks in advance. MAX ...

Recipient policies don't update mailbox addresses.
Hello, We have a W2K AD, E2K and a third-party mailsystem. The E2K server is not authoritive for our e-mail domain and all the AD accounts which are not mailbox-enabled are mail-enabled. My company has a new email domain and my problem is that I can't get the Recipient Policies to stamp the new address on the mailbox-enabled users. Our E2K server has two Recipient Policies: - the Default policy, filtering on (mailnickname=*), with a primary SMTP address %g.%s@localhost and a secondary smtp address %g.%s@ourdomain.com, with Lowest priority; - a Custom Policy, filtering on (&(mailNick...