Send E-Mails to 2 SMTP Server

Hi,

we have two companies sharing one SBS 2003 Server.
Lets say one has the domain company1.com
and the other one has company2.com

The problem is, that company1.com and company2.com are hosted by two
different hosting companies.

We use PopCon to recive the E-Mails from all the pop3 accounts at
company1.com and company2.com and forward them to our exchange server.

Now we need to setup exchange in a way that some user use addresses at
company1.com and some at company2.com for outging mail.

I've read how to add the domains to the recipient policy, and how I can

set the default smtp address for a user, so that he sends mails as
u...@company2.com instead of u...@company1.com.

Since we have an dynamic IP Address I need to use a smarthost for
message delivery. But I can't figure out how I can have two different
smart host, one users that need to send over company1.com and one for
users that use company2.com addresses.

Thanks for any help,
Johannes

Johannes

Why do you need two SmartHosts? There is no real need unless I am missing
something.

Nue

"Johannes" <Johannes.Hammersen@x75.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>

> we have two companies sharing one SBS 2003 Server.
> Lets say one has the domain company1.com
> and the other one has company2.com
>

> The problem is, that company1.com and company2.com are hosted by two
> different hosting companies.
>

> We use PopCon to recive the E-Mails from all the pop3 accounts at
> company1.com and company2.com and forward them to our exchange server.
>

> Now we need to setup exchange in a way that some user use addresses at
> company1.com and some at company2.com for outging mail.
>

> I've read how to add the domains to the recipient policy, and how I can
>
> set the default smtp address for a user, so that he sends mails as
> u...@company2.com instead of u...@company1.com.
>

> Since we have an dynamic IP Address I need to use a smarthost for
> message delivery. But I can't figure out how I can have two different
> smart host, one users that need to send over company1.com and one for
> users that use company2.com addresses.
>

> Thanks for any help,
> Johannes

0
imaneophyte (3004)
1/10/2006 6:23:38 PM
Hi Nue,

the problem is, that the smtp server at company1.com will only accept
and forward mails where the sender is something(at)company1.com and the
smtp at company2.com will only accept and forward mails where the
sender is something(at)company2.com.

Thank you for your help.
Johannes

Johannes

I don't believe you can do this easily. If you had two Exchange servers you
could setup two SMTP connectors, but you would have to have all mailboxes
for domain1 on server 1.

In your environment you would have to look into writing a transport event
sink. Although I'm not certain that even this would work.

> Hi Nue,
>
> the problem is, that the smtp server at company1.com will only accept
> and forward mails where the sender is something(at)company1.com and the
> smtp at company2.com will only accept and forward mails where the
> sender is something(at)company2.com.
>
> Thank you for your help.
> Johannes

0
imaneophyte (3004)

Banking Services Update Problem #2
I have successfully completed all of the steps as provided for in the update instructions. Initially updates were received as usual. However, now all of the accounts that were disabled and set-up again are failing to update. Message received is "Update unsuccessful" and call summary message is "Microsoft Money could not update your account. Please try to update your account again." Also after updating, the accounts that were updated never displayed a password text box. I went through the disable and set-up process again and still no password text box on the upd...

More Columns #2

Net send
Hello, I have designed a userform in excel that allow's a user to send messages via Windows "net send" facility. I would like to expand on this concept and allow users who have access to the tool to be able to communicate via the userform - a homemade messenger so to speak. I'm guessing this is extremely difficult, if not impossible to do but thought it was worth investigating, is it possible for excel to capture a "net send" message received on the PC it's loaded on, and then display it in a userform? If it's possible how would I do it? Thanks ...

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Reporting from Project Server

Linking files 2 ways

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties

Goal Seek #2

Contacts in Exchange #2

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

outlook 2007 e-mail

OE autodelete OLD mail

Terminal Server and GP Settings
Not being a Windows Terminal Server expert by any definition, I have a question for somebody who is. When wanting to have a user profile to store individual dex.ini files, my understanding is that each user would have his own Windows folder under their user folder. Additionally, if you typed SET at a command prompt, the settings for WINDIR would point to that user-specific Windows folder. Is this thinking correct? -- Charles Allen, MVP I think you also have to make certain that the dex.ini does NOT exist in the program install location for GP or it will still look to that. Dwight...

Increment A2 from A1 and A2 Sum #2

Problem sending encrypted email in OLXP