Send Bulk email

Hello,
I was wondering if there was a way in exchange to create
an very large email list. We wanted to be able to send one
email to a couple thousand customers. Does anyone know how
this is done?

Greg
0
anonymous (74722)

For Exchange 5.5 a distribution list containing custom recipients...

For Exchange 200x a distribution group containing contacts

--

regards,
Michael Abbaticchio

"Greg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I was wondering if there was a way in exchange to create
> an very large email list. We wanted to be able to send one
> email to a couple thousand customers. Does anyone know how
> this is done?
>
> Greg

0
nospam6185 (535)

Unable to create email rules! Any suggestions...??
Hi, I would like to create a rule for Outlook 2003 email, but I find no "rules and alerts" option under the "Tools" menu. It is entirely absent, not grayed out. (When I've looked up how to create a rule, it states you click on "rules and alerts" under "Tools") Would appreciate suggestions. Do you have a mail account installed? Are you in the in-box when you look for this option? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted wi...

why can't I get outlook to send when I'm emailing a webpage?
Hi. When I try to email a webpage to someone, Outlook immediately opens with the email template but it is always missing the send button and there is no option under actions to send it either. What is going on? Thanks!!! If you tell us your Outlook version and Windows version, and exactly what you're doing to send the page, then you'll have a better chance of getting a response. The Internet Explorer version might also be helpful. -- TechieBird http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com "reinadelmar" wrote: > Hi. When I try to email a webpage to someone, Outlook immediately...

Shared/Group Email
I'm coming from having worked with FirstClass as an email and calendar system and had access to a shared group that all members of the organization could both post and read mail items in. Is there a way in Outlook that this can also be done? thanks "Jo-Anne" <Jo-Anne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEA38DD5-1895-455B-BAA4-0D5FB8DE5D4A@microsoft.com... > I'm coming from having worked with FirstClass as an email and calendar > system > and had access to a shared group that all members of the organization > could > both ...

Forwarding & Sending on behalf
Hi there folks. I'm at work, and our network admin is out of the country, and I have a small issue. We need to setup an email for our "network support" staff, which will consist of one in-house employee, that will need rights to receive and send on behalf of the networksupport@thiscompany.com. We also have 2 other people that do not work at this company, and have completely different e-mail addresses (so&so@overthere.com) I need these guys to also be able to be forwarded e-mail from the networksupport@ourcompany.com as well as send on behalf. I have a decent understandin...

Where can I delete an old/incorrect email address?
I'm using Outlook 2003 So I have, say, Sandy in my contacts book. Her email is SW@...... Later her email changes to SAW@...... I make the change in my contacts. But when I'm creating a new email and I start to type "Sandy..." in the TO field, it still finds the old "SW@..." address. Why? How can I delete that old & incorrect address forever? (Without starting from scratch and loosing all my old email?) Thanks Gary use arrow keys to highlight 'bad' address then hit delete btn "jabadoodle" <jabadoodle@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

Rich edit control and having a hypertext control to send the messages to windows
Hi Here is the code to detect that if a click is made on word "START". But I have many "START" word Is there any way to detect which "START" word has been clicked? Please Let me know if any Thanks Anup void CRichEditGSDlg::OnLinkRicheditStatic(NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult) { ENLINK *pLink = reinterpret_cast<ENLINK *>(pNMHDR); FINDTEXTEX findText; *pResult = 0; if( pLink->msg == WM_LBUTTONDOWN ) { long lStart = pLink->chrg.cpMin; long lEnde = pLink->chrg.cpMin; m_Ctrl_RichEditStatic.SetSel(pLink->chrg); CString strLi...

Size Limitations for Attachments send with Outlook E-Mail
Any attachment larger than 100 kb does not send when attempted using Outlook 2003. Please advise as to how one can adjust the size limits for outgoing attachments? Thank you. "Tim" <tgregoire@craneandhoistsales.com> wrote in message news:080201c3dea4$4a835670$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Any attachment larger than 100 kb does not send when > attempted using Outlook 2003. Please advise as to how > one can adjust the size limits for outgoing attachments? > Thank you. Have you checked that your ISP and/or system admin haven't put a limit on? ...

how do I set up my email with outlook
I have just installed outlook but I can send emails form outlook, what do I need to set up and to link to yahoo? tokyo gyoza wrote: > I have just installed outlook but I can send emails form outlook, > what do I need to set up and to link to yahoo? You have to pay Yahoo if you want to use it in Outlook (via POP). ...

Undeliverable email message..._
My ISP migrated to a new smtp server and I had to make the necessary changes to relay my messages correctly. However, when I forward an e-mail or reply to a cashed mail address I receive the following: From: System Administrator Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 4:26 PM To: email@domain.com Subject: Undeliverable:RE: Message Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Message Sent: 10/4/2004 4:26 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: email@domain.com on 10/4/2004 4:26 PM You do ...

How to paste animation in publisher for an email message
In a MS Publisher document, I have pasted animated bmp & gif files. When I send the doc by MS Outlook email, the animation doesn't work when the message is pulled up. Is there a special way to paste & activate animation in Publisher? This is not an option in Publisher. Publisher automatically changes the animated images to normal images. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Flyboy" <Flyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

outlook 2003 missing emails offline
I am trying to setup a user with an offline folder in outlook 2003. The problem is it does not download all his emails. ON the server it shows he has 200 emails, but in his offline it is only 30. I checked and there is no filters or anything on it. I tried recreating his offline folders and everything, to no avail. Any suggestions? It looks like the emails he is missing are a month or so old, although he has older ones from a few years ago? Did you check to see which folders are set for offline synch? Is this user using Exchange Cached Mode? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post al...

Sending & Receiving
when sending & rec, dialog box shows receiving mail 1 or 5, then 2 of 5 & so on, but emails do not appear. ...

Arrows in Email
When I receive text in some emails, the sentences are preceeded by arrows. Can someone tell me a little information about these arrows, like if I want to send the message to to someone else without arrows, and how do they get there in the first place? Gus Gus GusGus <charlieg@charter.net> wrote: > When I receive text in some emails, the sentences are preceeded by > arrows. Can someone tell me a little information about these arrows, > like if I want to send the message to to someone else without arrows, > and how do they get there in the first place? You are using...

pictures and graphics not displaying in emails
I used to always see pictures, logos, graphics, etc. in incoming emails from various companies whose newsletters or ads I subscribe to. Now there is just a box with an x in it. I have tried to change every option I thought might return things to the way they were, but with no luck. I believe this happened after I installed some updates to the Vista OS. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone know how to solve it? Thanks. Toole | Options | Security. Uncheck: "Block images...........". -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA ...

Email Alerts
I access my exchange 2003 mailbox from outlook2003/windows xp pro. The exchange 2003 runs on a stand-alone server. I am trying to notify, via e-mail, a user outside of my domain when e-mail arrives from any user that is on my contact list. I want the notification to take place even when my windows xp pro is not on. Could someone tell me how I can accomplish this? Thanks in advance ...

Launch trackable email from Adobe
I have a report written in SRS and then exported to .pdf. I want to email this pdf to my clients using acrobats File > email functionality but when the outlook email window opens, there is no Track in CRM buttons/toolbar. Has anyone got a work around for this or any ideas on why this might be happening? Mant thanks James ...

How to keep Outlook email conversations expanded all the time?
Gurus, I previously asked how do I make Outlook 2003 group messages by subject like Outlook Express? You know, how each additional message comes in beneath and just a little to the right of the message immediately above it? The answer was to go to View > Arrange By > Conversation (answer thanks to Milly Staples). My next question is, how to keep all conversations *expanded* all the time, automatically? -- Spin Spin wrote: > > My next question is, how to keep all conversations *expanded* all the > time, automatically? I never found a way myself, but what I did do wa...

Email Timestamp
When an email is received there is a received date associated with it. Also, if you open up the email, there is a sent date associated with it. Where does that time stamp come from? Is it from the users computer or the exchange servers computer? Will those 2 timestamps ALWAYS be the same? What type of scenario would they be different? Thanks, Jasper Friends, i am trying to write a little application that will send HTML mails with images embedded in them. By default Outlook (and Thunderbird) will not display the graphics. Is there any way to "sign" the images/email so ...

Email not received by recipients
I am using Outlook 2003 with an Exchange Server 2003. I have ZoneAlarm which isn't showing a hack, yet my emails when sent have gone somewhere other than the intended recipients. This isn't happening all the time, but everyday the intended parties get approximately half of what I've sent. I do not receive emails stating that the email could not be received, it is the intended parties that are emailing me and asking me why I haven't responded to their emails. Thanks, Gary ...

Yahoo Is Blocking My Email "Over Limit For Messages"
I am a Yahoo Mail Plus customer which enables me to send emails through an external email client using my yahoo email address. I usually only send 10 email a day, and am using Pegasus as my external email client. But today after I send about a hundred emails I could not send further messages, and I got the message: "521 yahoo.com closing transmission channel. User is over limit for messages allowed to be sent in a single day." This also happened a few months ago. But even when I am blocked, surprisingly, if I then use Yahoo On The Web there is no such problem. Spoke to Ya...

Unwanted Email
Hi: I am getting gross email that I happily send to the junk or adult mail folders. However, I haven't figured out a way to do this, or to DELETE a message without having to open the message first. I've tried right clicking and have looked through the File, Edit, etc., etc., menus over and over again for a setting that will allow me to get rid of a message without opening it. I know that I can tell Outlook to eliminate messages for me if I know the sender's email, but, as you probably know, all of my unwanted mail comes from different sender addresses. This is imp...

Outlook 98 sends, but won't receive!
I have been using outlook 98 since, well 1998! I have never run across this problem. I can compose and send messages, but I now have about 40 messages on the server that I cannot download to my inbox. When I click "Send and Receive" it sends fine and then the "Microsoft Outlook" window shows it receiving (the blue line progresses, Norton scans, Zonealarm scans) but nothing shows up in my Inbox. The error message is 0x80040403. Now what - PLEASE??? I'm using W2000 Professional, and have 512 MB ram. 20 Gig HD. glen@ccim.net If you adjust the zone alarm settings,...

Can't send Internet Mail with Exchange 5.5
Using Exchange 5.5 behind a Proxy 2.0 server I can receive mail from the internet, send and receive mail on our domain, BUT can not send mail out to the internet. The message leaves my outbox and is put in my sent items. No mail is going into the IMS queue for Outbound mail. Ports 25, 143, 110 are open. Any ideas? Thanks David Check your DNS settings. DNS should be the Internal IP of server and DNS should be set up to forward requests to a root server. It's a start >-----Original Message----- >Using Exchange 5.5 behind a Proxy 2.0 server > >I can receive mail from ...

Restrict Outbound emails
Hello, I have a Exchange Server 2003 box and I want to restrict some of my users from sending outbound emails. Instead, they're allowed to send inbound emails. (within organization) Any Hint/Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Nejmos Saqeb nejmos.saqib@softech.us "Nejmos Saqeb" <nejmos.saqib@softech.us> wrote in news:u09MFOXyEHA.1984@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl: > I have a Exchange Server 2003 box and I want to restrict some of my > users from sending outbound emails. Instead, they're allowed to send > inbound emails. (within organization) This is ve...

Hotfix for IMC to disable NDR sending in Exchange 5.5
NDR off Exchange 5.5, this topic Creig said there is a hotfix for IMC to privent sending NDR. All the Internet round...where is it? Can anyboby help me to get it? Thanks in advance, TsepkovTs admin@borets.ru There=B4s no way to disable NDR in 5.5 You have to create an empty distribution list with all the=20 addresses that the spammer is trying to send to. I mean in the Email Address tab of the DL add ALL the=20 bogus emails. >-----Original Message----- >NDR off Exchange 5.5, this topic Creig said there is a=20 hotfix for IMC to >privent sending NDR. All the Internet round...where ...